how do I set up spread sheet for demographical data to get graph.

I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service usage
numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, region,
percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff
0
GC (17)

DoHi,

Do you want to show these results graphically, or in the form of some sort
of output table?

Dave

url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10355820.aspx
0
djc (61)
6/5/2008 7:32:42 AM
How are you intending to get the data or enter the data into this sheet?
How many worksheets or tables will you need?
What is the final display options: Examples, Reports, Charts, Pivot =
table?
And lastly who are the end users, and how do they - or u - wish to use =
the workbook?

Answer these questions and the sheet(s) design is fairly easy.

As the data seems to be of a statistical nature, I'd suggest googling =
for examples of this data in a XL format.  Although I've yet to see =
those that work in Education or for the gov't create anything using any =
of Excels built-in analytical functions.  They are the most boring and =
poorly crafted examples of this data one is ever likely to see :)  - =
still it may give you some ideas...

Post back if you need more help.

Regards
Robert McCurdy
"GC" <GC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service =
usage=20
> numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, =
region,=20
> percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff
0
robertwm (27)

Remote data access
As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server database residing on a web server. In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a way to develop a Visual Basic, Windows application that can access a SQL Server database over the internet. Thanks for suggestions, John C. John C. wrote: > As a new .net developer, I would like to know how a > VB.net Windows application can access a SQL Server > database residing on a web server. > > In other words, using the Visual Studio IDE, is there a > way to develop...

Data Validation #12
Hi. I have data validations in sheet1 as named range lists from sheet2. When I have deleted sheet2 and copy sheet2 from identical other workbook - my validations does is not work... I see Name ranges in copied worksheet, but when I use they in validation - I have error: "The Source currently evaluates an error. Do you wish continue?" Only after deleting of Named ranges in Sheet2 and recreating its, my validations works. It is possible after replacing of worksheet with named ranges for validations (named ranges names are identical) use copied worksheet without recreating ...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

Number of active sheets
I have Office 2003 installed to Windows 2003 terminal servers but I have a problem with on of our users and excel. The issue is that when the user is trying to have multiple spreadsheets opened he keeps getting the message "This operations has been cancelled due to system restrictions- Contact your system Administrator" I can find no setting in excel to enforce a limit on the number of speadsheets a user can have open. Thanks in advance fo any advise Michael Not an expert in these matters, but; Is it possible that the user is trying to initiate another session of Excel vs....

Sorting lots of data
We are trying to sort through a csv file that we converted to an excel spreadsheet. the spreadsheet has over 40,000 entries which include mailing addresses that are in some cases duplicated. is there anyway to sort/filter the info to locate the duplicates and then remove them?? any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your responses. Hi use 'Data - Advanced Filters' and check 'unique entries' or use the following addin for this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany miss lynar wrote: > We are trying to sort thr...

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

charting independent XYScatter graphs
I'm trying to create a XYScatter graph of 3 independent datasets from within VB6 using OLE/Excel2000. I'm using the KB147803 article as a basis, but am stuck and hope someone can help. The example in KB147803 seems to indicate that there can only be one set of X-Values for the 3 XY Scatter Graph data sets. The X-Value series is the first row of data in the sheet, and is called out as a set of Category labels ('cwCategoryLabels=1'), and applies to all three subsequent rows of Y-Value data. In my case, I want to plot 3 independent sets of XY data, so I'd like to pr...

set limit for one year prior
trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to toustartdate where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) don't work I'm sure it's a simple solution - can someone help me out. Ian (Ian@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > trying to write a query to select occupdate for one year prior to > toustartdate > > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 365) > where occupdate < (toustartdate - 1 year) > don't work These WHERE clauses would return rows where occupdate is one or more bef...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

Button To Print Workbook With Certain Settings
hi, in a workbook i have 52 numbered sheets. they are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. on the first sheet i have two buttons. i need some coding help with the buttons. basically i want the first button (called even) to print all the even sheets in the workbook. and the second button will print the odd sheets in the workbook. also i want different margin settings for each button. the even button will need a left margin of 0.5 and the odd button will need a right margin of 0.5 - while all the other margins remain 0.2. i am hoping that this is possible. i tried recording the marcos but i am not...

order data by a rank
i need to create a form order by the militaty rank.This form is based in a query "qrystaff" with three fields: MemberID FullName and Rank.I´d like that the data were ordered firstly by MilitaryRank and secondly by FullName in alphabetical order.There is an easy way to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1 When you create queries, you're given the option to specify the sort order under each field. If the fields aren't in the order from left-to-right in the query grid, you can add ...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

automatically sizing text with graphs
hi, is there a way to make the text in my charts size proprotionally with the graphs when i move them to another location (eg: a different sheet or chart)....I seem to have a problem with the way the graphs shrink but the text retaining their original size after i move them. -- Shoque ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shoque's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36320 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566948 Right-click on the axis labels and choose Format Axis. Go to the Fon...

Data in columns not rows
I have file that is names, addresses and phone numbers. When I copy it into excel it comes out like this. (COLUMNA) NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE I need it to be like this COLUMNA COLUMNB COLUMNC COLUMND NAME ADDRESS ADDRESS2 PHONE Is there a way to change this without copying and pasting? Jenn Is the data consistently 4 rows? Or do you have varying sets? How far down Column A do the sets extend? If 4 rows per set try this..... In B1 enter =INDEX($A$1:$A$3000,(ROW()-1)*4+COLUMN()-1,1) Drag/copy across to E1 then select B1:E1 and drag/copy down u...

setting up outlook 2000 with hotmail
I can't get my outlook to accept hotmail--the help section says "Start Outlook, and on the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click to select the Add a new E-mail Account option, and then click Next.In the Server Type dialog box, click HTTP." there is no E-mail Accounts tab, no Add a new E-mail account option , and no HTTP option. Can anyone tell me what to type in to the lines requesting incoming mail (pop3) and outgoing mail (smtp)? 1) Look on Help, About. It sounds like you have corp mode. You need IMO mode to have accounts. 2) Does ...

unable to set a record as private (activities)
Microsoft CRM v3 Customers and prospects are requesting the ability to mark a record (primarily notes and emails) as private such that only the owner and other internal party users on the record are able to open it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Display of CRM data in SharePoint
Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? Thanks, -Rick M. Microsoft would require you to have a license per user I think ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick M" <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E731A1-D059-4D49-B879-6025A1817FD8@microsoft.com... > Is is possible to allow non-CRM users the ability to view CRM data on > SharePoint without using the CRM external connector? > > Thanks, > -Rick...

Outlook Data File Not Closing Properly
I always get the following error message when starting Outlook 2002 (running Office XP and Windows XP) : "The data file 'outlook' was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." I get this message everytime (whether I hibernate or shut down) when I start Outlook. This checking of the file can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and is very frustrating. Anyone have any idea what the issue is ? This started happening just after I installed XP SP3. ...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...