how do i set up repeating row/column titles in Excel?

i want row and column titles to automatically fill into place in a working
spreadsheet, but i do not know how.

can someone tell me how to do this?
0
antoniokc (2)

I'm not sure whether you want col/row titles to be on every page when
printing or to always be visible when viewing the worksheet.

For printing:
Set: rows and columns to repeat

For viewing:
Select the 1st cell below the col titles and to the right of the row titles
<window><freeze panes>

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"antoniokc" wrote:

> i want row and column titles to automatically fill into place in a working
> spreadsheet, but i do not know how.
>
> can someone tell me how to do this?
thank, ron, for helping me out with this.  i managed to print out my document
exactly as i wanted it!

best,
antonio

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> I'm not sure whether you want col/row titles to be on every page when
> printing or to always be visible when viewing the worksheet.
>
> For printing:
> Set: rows and columns to repeat
>
> For viewing:
> Select the 1st cell below the col titles and to the right of the row titles
> <window><freeze panes>
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>
> XL2002, WinXP-Pro
>

> "antoniokc" wrote:
>
> > i want row and column titles to automatically fill into place in a working
> > spreadsheet, but i do not know how.
> >
> > can someone tell me how to do this?
0
antoniokc (2)

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

How to shift address listings from row list to columns?
I have a mailing list with name, address, city, state & zip with each item in individual rows like a list of labels and a few empty rows of space between each listing. How do I create/transfer this list into columns accross so I can sort by city or zip? Thank you! If your data is nicely grouped, with each group in 5 lines, viz: name add city state zip then an earlier suggestion given which worked might be worth a try: See: http://tinyurl.com/wgcb -- hth Max ----------------------------------------- Please reply in newsgroup Use xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com for email --...

Excluding hidden columns and rows when copying to another workbook
When I print part of a worksheet that has hidden columns and rows - the hidden columns and rows do not print. That's what I want. Now--I'd like to take that same data and copy it to another workbook excluding the formulas and hidden columns and rows so that the new file contains only the data as was printed. How can I do that? PJ Select your range including hidden rows and columns then Edit>Go To>Special>Visible cells only>OK Now do your copy/paste. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:16:07 -0800, "PJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

Sorting with Column has Formula
Hi everyone, I never imagined that the formula in the column would affect the sorting order in any way, but it does in my case. Below is the formula in that I have in Col I, and I'd like to sort it in Ascending order, but the result is that it sorts with all the empty rows on top and the one with the result from the formula at the bottom. I assume it consider the "I" in the "IF" function in the formula, but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? =IF(E2="","",IF(J2="X","Priority #1",IF(...

Vertical Header in Excel
Is there a way to make a header in excel run down the side of the spreadsheet (vertical header)? You can freeze panes so that certain columns are always visible. Is that what you meant? If yes, then make sure the column(s) that should be visible is showing. Then select the column to the right and window|Freeze Panes (in xl2003 menus) For instance if I wanted column A to be always visible, I would make sure column A is visible to start. Then select column B and window|freeze Panes. On 05/18/2010 09:09, Erika wrote: > Is there a way to make a header in excel run do...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

finding the area under the curve in a graph in excel
Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in excel. Have a look at Bernard Liengme's website: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in >excel. >. > ...

Pasting Graphs as Pictures in Excel
In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to past Excel graphs as pictures within Excel. I know you can paste special as pictures within PPT, but is it possible to do it within Excel???? Not sure if that can be done, what I do is cop the graph, open mspaint paste, select it again copy and paste back into excel, it does it as an image -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andy.hogan@gmail.com" wrote: > In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to > past Excel gra...

Displaying a dataset or datatable in Excel
There's something I think ought to be easy, but I can't find a way to do it. Either there's something wrong with the way I'm searching, or there's a reason it can't be done easily. What I want is to create an excel addin that, when the user opens a spreadsheet , it goes out and fetches some data from a database, and displays it in a table. Pretty straightforward. Here's some code: void Application_WorkbookOpen(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook wb) {//I've also attached this to other events. The "open" event isn't...

Varying column widths
I have 2 excel sheets - one is 20 columns wide the 2nd is 7 columns wide. The 20 column sheet has a general information section at the top that I would like to add to the 7 coulmn spreadsheet. However, when I copy and paste it "spreads out" or goes way beyond the width due to the number of columns. I have tried paste special object and entering the excel sheet that way and it doesn't fit properly and too many cells are shown. Any other way to do this? If you only want it up there for appearance purposes, you can try: Copy the selection. Click the cell where you want t...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Syntax for Re-registration of Excell
Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open error every time we launch a SS without opening the app first. Had a similiar problem with Word and fixed it with Winword /r. Thanks! Hi first you may check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for > re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open > error every time we launch a SS without opening t...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

Equivalent Column Break
In MSWord you can insert a column break when doing newspaper columns. If I have two text frames connected, and I am almost at the bottom of one but want Publisher to start at the top of the next one, how do I insert a 'break'? or do I have to press return until it move the text. Thanks Anita (1) You could shorten that column so that your text breaks where you want it to. (2) Or you could check the Help file and search for "insert break". Insert a column break You can insert a column break anywhere in a text box. If the text box contains more than one column, the ...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

Excel calculates wrong ????
I have had no luck figuring this out... I have a list of 8 positive and negative numbers that 2 decimal place each. The numbers sum to zero confirmed by a calculator, however exce sums them to (2.55654899E12). I do not know why excel calculates the with a small value left that is denoted by scientific notation. I checked the value of each number to ensure that it did not includ any extra decimals, and I even re-typed them. I have had this happen with several other lists of numbers that are n brainers to calculate, and excel added extra scientific notation to th total. I have no idea why ...

Output to excel ==> replace worksheet
Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it to replace worksheet only.Thank's "shiro" <shiro@myname?.com> wrote in message news:umONlZiRIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it > to replace worksheet only.Thank's How about, just replacing the contents of a cell, or cells? Dim appXL As Object Dim wkb As Object Dim wks As Object Set appXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set wkb = appXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\MyWorkBook.xls") Set wks = wkb.Worksheets(1) wks.Cell...

Hiding Column and Row Bars.
I know theres a way to costumize the way you view an excel page by hiding toolbars, but is there a way to hide the rows and column bars just so all you can see is the actual page. E.G. is there a way to Hide the top bar that defines the colums "A", "B", "C","D" and Rows 1,2,3,4,5. Go to Tools>Options>View, there are a number of options you can play with there. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tamato43" <tamato43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D1E5DEB-D6F2-47C8-95E2-2...

Column comparison
I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for this please? Many thanks DT Hi Dave, Need more information like a sample of the existing data plus a sample of what you want left. Maybe an explanation of the criteria for what needs to be deleted. -- Regards, OssieMac "Dave T" wrote: > I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and > delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for > this please? > > Many than...

Disallowing duplication of nmbers in a column
Is Excel capable of disallowing the same numbers in a column? I have a column in a sheet that invoice numbers are entered into. I would like that column to alert or something if duplicate numbers are typed in. Hi Have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Andy. "Barb1" <Barb1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3631DD3-724E-4C0D-956B-4201876A9A4A@microsoft.com... > Is Excel capable of disallowing the same numbers in a column? I have a > column in a sheet that invoice numbers are entered into. I would like > that > c...

excel v4
Does anyone know when Version 4 of Excel was introduced and/or retired http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042201c39e64$4f4d9ab0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know when Versi...