How do I set up a cell to input a date 1 year from another cell?

I'm entering training dates in Excel.  The recertification date is one year
from the original date.  I want the recert. due date to enter itself when I
input original date.  Original dates are one row, recerts are another.
0
wyrmslair (1)

=A1+365

If your dates were starting in A1 try this formula in B1

"wyrmslair" wrote:

> I'm entering training dates in Excel.  The recertification date is one year
> from the original date.  I want the recert. due date to enter itself when I
> input original date.  Original dates are one row, recerts are another.
0
timm (30)
6/13/2006 7:56:02 PM
=A1+365    assuming the original date is in cell A1

assuming you're not too worried about Leap Years, etc

Regards

Trevor

"wyrmslair" <wyrmslair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm entering training dates in Excel.  The recertification date is one
> year
> from the original date.  I want the recert. due date to enter itself when
> input original date.  Original dates are one row, recerts are another.

0
Trevor9259 (673)
6/13/2006 7:56:35 PM
If you are concerned about leap years then try:

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1))

--
HTH

Sandy

sandymann2@mailinator.com
Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"wyrmslair" <wyrmslair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm entering training dates in Excel.  The recertification date is one
> year
> from the original date.  I want the recert. due date to enter itself when
> input original date.  Original dates are one row, recerts are another.

0
sandymann2 (1054)

Voucher payables document date 2018
A voucher (check) was posted with the Document Date of 12/17/2018. The invoice itself was dated 12/17/2008. We are trying to VOID this transaction but I get: "The void date cannot be before the document date" (meaning today of 1/16/2009 is before 12/17/2008) The Payables Transaction Posting Journal/Payables Management shows INV Voucher # with the doc date as 12/17/2008 but Check reconciliation cannot be completed because this check is out of the period. Please advise best method of fixing this error. Thank you Pam, Either go into the table and change the document date or c...

Sum by month and year
I am trying to get daily totals sumed and put into a monthly worksheet. I have been using SUMIF comparing the month and year of each payment. Here is the formula. =SUMIF(MONTH(Payments!b7:b3000)&YEAR(Payments!b7:b3000), MONTH(B39)&YEAR(B39),Payments!F7:F3000) Excel is saying there is an error but when I look art the edit formula area is seems to calculating correctly. Can you help me? Steve You can use sumproduct without the CSE =sumproduct((month(dr)=month(b39))*year(dr)=year(b39))*sumrng) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Steven Robilard" <stev...

Converting months to weekdays and workdays for any given year
I'm hung up on a simple calculation: Col A lists 12-months Col B lists Workdays per Month, Col c is Year How do I calculate the number of workdays per month? The number of weekdays per month? Thanks On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:35:58 -0500, Cary <carygee@hotmail.com> wrote: >I'm hung up on a simple calculation: Col A lists 12-months Col B lists >Workdays per Month, Col c is Year > >How do I calculate the number of workdays per month? The number of >weekdays per month? > >Thanks Check HELP for the NETWORKDAYS function. If your Col A months are sequential, ...

Change Event not working on 1 machine
I have a macro that uses a change event that runs fine on all computers except one. Can anyone give me any reason why this does not work? I have trusted access to VBA in the security settings. I have stepped though the code and it seems to be doing what the code says, but nothing changes on the worksheet. And this is the only computer that has this issue. All other machines run this change event perfectly. All operating systems are the same as are the Excel year. thanks is advance, Jay On the affected machine you have set a break point in the code and triggered the cha...

Convert "Date Format" and into "Text"
I have a query like this: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SELECT Name, B_Day, FROM people -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- my "B_Day" output looks like this: 12/4/1985 12/4/1995 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I would like the output to be "yyyy-mm-dd" (1985-4-12), and I would like it to be "text". Thanks a lot , experts ! ^_^! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit What's the data type of B_Day: Text or Date? If it'...

Transferring Dialog/resources/files from one project to another.
Hi, I am in the process of writing an MFC dialog app. I would like to use a couple of dialogs that i created in another VC++ 6.0 MFC Dialog project. I am having difficulty copying these from one project to another. I have tried to copy the .rc file and resource.h file into my application but i am finding this does not import the dialogs that i want. Does anyone know how to do this? Regards Macca U�ytkownik "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:F799F0BB-B9D9-4267-9F14-0B9EC8DFA860@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am in the process of...

cell contents
How do I place the actual data rather than the logic formula (IF function) in the cell? ...

Outlook 2003 - 2 MSN http accounts
I set up Outlook 2003 with 2 email accounts for my wife and me. We are using MSN http. All email sent from either inbox ends up in a single (default) sent items folder under my account. Is there any way to have my wife's sent email go to her sent items folder and my sent email go to my sent items folder? Thanks for the help. Tim Only if you use rules or each have your own Outlook profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlo...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!2
Good Evening All, Many aplogies for the crappy formatting of my previous post, I have done it properly (I hope) now. I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish DayRate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 ...

Locking a cell reference in a formula
I have a worksheet that has formulas built within 6 columns. I want to drag the formula in each column down 100 rows, but as I am calculating a date that references only 1 cell (A1) when I drag the formula, it picks up A2, A3, A4 etc. as the formula progresses down the column. Is there a way to lock the cell reference to A1 so that when I drag the formula down the column, that cell reference doesn't change? Add a $ sign in front of the cell reference. Example $A1 Locks the column but allows the rows to change A$1 locks the row but allows the column to change $A$1 loc...

Receiving blank dated emails using Outlook Connector to Hotmail
Emails that I have viewed directly in Hotmail (whilst travelling) are coming through as blank (but dated and identified as opened or not) in Outlook 2003 - I use Outlook Connector to access Hotmail. How do I get them to show as readable? Have you updated to the latest version of the Outlook Hotmail Connector already? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f Also, do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still b...

CRM 3.0 Offline SQL when assigning a task to another user
Microsoft 3.0 when offline with laptop client I get an SQL error when I try to assignment an activity to another user. This however works when on line. I have changed local data to allow all accounts and contacts. ...

deleting duplicated cells in a list via advanced autofilter?
I have a list which I would like to filter and deleted duplicate records. A1: A250= account numbers B1:""= values C1:"" = loan balances D1:"" = notes I'd like to be able to delete the duplicate account numbers but stil show the value, loan balances, and notes that belong to the accounts. Can anyone help. Thanks. Pete: -- petevan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- petevang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

Date compatibility error
Hi All, I was hoping I could get some help with my problem, as i have trie everything i know. I have this spreadsheet (attached) and when i type the date in m formula doesnt want to find the corresponding data. But when the date are copied from the data table and pasted in (same dates) it finds th data fine. I have tried formatting the dates in the same way but with no change. NB: If possible i would like to keep the formatting on the data tabl without changing as this is a direct data import from another program If this is the only possibility, let me know and I will try and fix i in a ...

How do I add different cells to have one bar chart?
I have two different worksheets that I need to chart. I only want specific cells from each sheet to go into a bar chart. I can't seem to make just one continuous bar. Thanks in advance. -- DMM The easiest way is to pull all the data you want for one series into one continuous range on one worksheet. You can do this by linking from wherever your source data is. Then create your graph from this range. -- David Biddulph "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F5D180-5CB6-43EC-BE01-4CC3D34CECAE@microsoft.com... >I have two di...

Rolling Cells?
How can i make a form that each day the top cell disapears and a new bottom cell apears. I need a 30 day rolling form. I have 30 rows going from top to bottom. When i complete the data for the 30th row i would like for the first row to disappear and the other 29 to bump up and the 30th row to be blank again? I hope i explained myself right? Not sure exactly what you want, but this shows the principle :- Code ------------------- Sub test() '- put some test data For n = 1 To 30 ActiveSheet.Cells(n, 1).Value = n Next ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select &...

Continuing the cell references in formulas
How du you make excel continue the cell references (the way I want) i formulas when copying? I have the formula =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead o (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way of going around this ... : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kreller, > =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") > > and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead of > (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way...

Tricky question about rows of cells.
At the start of the day, our company has 0 transactions. Whenever a transaction occurs, we will save that transaction data in a single row of cells. Therefore, once 5 transactions have been completed, my spreadsheet will consists of 5 rows of distinct data. At the end of any given day, we will have completed N transactions which means that the spreadsheet will contain N rows of distinct transaction data. My question is: What is a good way to calculate or determine HOW MANY rows of data have been filled with transaction data?? (In other words, I'm trying to calculate "...

open excel file and copy data to another file
I would like to create a macro that would do the following: 1- Open a closed Excel file located on my drive named "A" and select the sheet named "Sheet1" 2- Copy all data from this sheet starting on cell A1 to the already opened master Excel file named "B" on sheet named "Sheet2" cell A1. Thanks in advance for your help. Try the macro recorder. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:14:02 -0800 (PST), Norvascom <norvascom@gmail.com> wrote: >I would like to create a macro that would do the following: > >1...

A formula finds a text in one cell #2
( A ) ( B ) ( C ) ( D ) E ) ( F ) HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 2.2 S PATTERN CHANGE HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 1.65 20 CONVEYOR FULL HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.92 01 TURNTABLE HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.4 10 DRAW PINS HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.48 22 DIST. CRANE Without Pattern Cahange 35.37 3.45 With Pattern Change 37.57 5.65 Pattern Change Only 37.57 2. -- vane032 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vane0326's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member....

Cash Flow not working based on system date
I cannot get the cash flow to appear. I first tried all of the published fixes ... file repair reinstall of money deleting accounts, bills,debt etc... nothing worked. i then opened an older backup that I knew worked...but alas it now doesn't show cash flow. I then moved the sytem date back and suddenly the cash flow worked. As soon as the date is today 8/3/09 it dissapears. It also doesn't work for future dates. As soon as I move the date to 8/2/09 the cash flow reappears. I tried deleting all transactions that could have anything to do with 8/3 but doesn't seem to help. An...

Moving macro/toolbar to another workbook file
This is killing me. I know I've used the "Organizer" to copy macros and toolbars to other workbook files. Well I don't know if I've used it in Excel, but I have used it in Word and on Mac OS 9.2 recently. I thought that I've used it on my Win XP Pro machine with Office XP, but still can't recall if I've ever used it with Excel. I've looked all through help and can't find any reference to it. Is the "Organizer" available to Excel 2002 on Win XP Pro? Does it have to be installed separately? How do I get to it? Thank you for any help any...

Pasting cells' value as formula
I have a column where each cell has a formula that constructs a string. How do I copy/paste this to an adjacent column such that the string acts as a formula in the new column's cells? For a simplified example, column B has the formulas =concatenate("=text(",a1,")") =concatenate("=text(",b1,")") =concatenate("=text(",c1,")") etc So that column B's values show =text(123) =text(456) =text(789) etc How do I copy/paste column B to column C so that column C shows the values of these literal formulas 123 (as text, in this ex...

Modification date on all mail being reset
I have users who complained that autoarchive was not working. Upon researching, it appears that ALL mail is having its modification date reset. I noticed in my mailbox every piece of mail had it's date rest at the same time yesterday, which explains why archiving is failing. Now the question is why is the modification date being reset. On a possibly similar note, I had a problem recently where my transaction logs were filling up my drive, to the tune of 12G in about 4-6 hours. I backup the store nightly, so the committed logs are flushed, but it got to the point where the store ...

charting date and time data (every minute type)
hello i have a minute by minute data of certain measurements, which i wouldlike to go on my x-axis with the y-axis being the measurement value. this data goes on for a series of days, with certain breaks of few minutes in them (mostly due to instrument maintenance) when i do chart this data, excel ignores the gap in data and thus i get a erronous display. also the x-axis doesnt show the date or th time, just 0:00:00 help would be appreciated thanks A --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a XY Scatter chart and you will get the desired effect. If you still don't, ...