How do i set up a budget with self totalling column

I have made a basic budget with columns
Date, Money in, Money out, Balance
what I want to know is if there is a way for me to put a formula in the
Balance column which will recognise if there is a number in the in r out
column and if it is in the IN to add it to te previous balance and if it is
in the OUT to minus it from the previus balance
Thanks I hope someone can help
Kristie

I also have a buget with the same basic column as you do.  Here is what you
need to do.

At the very top of the balance column, put a BAL FORWARD.  This amount can
be zero, but can also be equal to the last balance in the previous months
budget.  For our purposes make it zero.

The next row, begin your entries for your budget.  I will use Col E for
MoneyOut, Col F for Money In, and Col G for the running Balance.

                                          E              F               G
1                                            BAL FORWARD    0.00
2     INCOME                                   1000.00     1000.00  Formula
(+G1-E2+F2)
3    Mortgage                    500.00                      500.00  Formula
(+G2-E3+F3)

Note the formula out beside the balance.  That is what you would need to
place in G2:G# (how ever far down the column you need to go.

Hope this helps you out.
Les

"finaleternity" wrote:

> I have made a basic budget with columns
> Date, Money in, Money out, Balance
> what I want to know is if there is a way for me to put a formula in the
> Balance column which will recognise if there is a number in the in r out
> column and if it is in the IN to add it to te previous balance and if it is
> in the OUT to minus it from the previus balance
> Thanks I hope someone can help
> Kristie
0
WLMPilot (32)
9/14/2006 2:27:02 PM
Hi

Try entering in Cell D2, whatever is the opening balance for the account
(could be 0)
Then in cell D3 enter

=IF(COUNT(B3:C3)>0,)*B3-C3+D2
Copy down as far as required
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"finaleternity" <finaleternity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3CF2681B-DA0D-4E13-AFF8-F8E03DBF8ACD@microsoft.com...
>I have made a basic budget with columns
> Date, Money in, Money out, Balance
> what I want to know is if there is a way for me to put a formula in
> the
> Balance column which will recognise if there is a number in the in r
> out
> column and if it is in the IN to add it to te previous balance and if
> it is
> in the OUT to minus it from the previus balance
> Thanks I hope someone can help
> Kristie

0
roger5293 (1125)

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

Business Portal - Executive
Hi, Does any one have any idea to fix Total Expenses Query - web part under Executive tab of the business portal to display selected company result instead of only Fabricam's data always irrespective of the company selection. Thanks You can select the company. Go to Site actions - Edit the page, then Edit the query, then on the Modify Query window go to the Options tab and select the company there. "Naseer Farooqi" wrote: > Hi, > > Does any one have any idea to fix Total Expenses Query - web part under > Executive tab of the business ...

Subtract several rows from a total
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C53AC8.AD6EB0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Guys, I have a total in cell C32. I want to subtract numbers in cells C 34-40 = and have the answer in cell C41. I know that =3DC32-C34 will give me an = answer but I want several rows to be subtracted. What would my formula = be? I have used the insert function feature before but I don't see diff or = anything that looks like a subtraction function in there. =20 Thanks, Linda ------=_NextPa...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

Excel 2007
When you set reverse categories for the horizontal axis, I noticed that the legend (which I normally placed at the bottom of the chart), did not correspondingly reverse. Is this WAD (working as designed) ? If not, how can i overcome this as the reader would have to mentally "remap" the legend to the bar chart. Thanks very much. Hi, Reversing the Axis categories will not effect the legend order. To do that you need to change the Series Order. In 2007 this is none via the Select Data Source dialog. Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data. Use the Up/Down arrows in the...

how do i split a column
i have a worksheet with three columns but want to split column C in to two from row 37 down while keeping only three columns from rows 1-36. How can i do this? You can't. You could merge C1 & D1, C2 & d2 etc. but it seems a bit of overkill. What is the reason for this, there may be another solution? -- HTH RP "craig.d" <craig.d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:973F49DB-EF87-4F64-AA13-7AEB3563757A@microsoft.com... > i have a worksheet with three columns but want to split column C in to two > from row 37 down while keeping only three col...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Self Validate
I have a class which inherits from XmlDocument. Inside it has a public method which builds the xml after properties have been set. My question is how would I make this class validate itself against a schema? One of the documents attributes is xmlns:schemaLocation=http://www.irs.gov/efile C:\Schema.xsd" Is this line part of what is needed to validate? I'm coding in VB, any sample is appreciated. Thx, -Randy Randy wrote: > I have a class which inherits from XmlDocument. Inside it has a public > method which builds the xml after properties have been set. My qu...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

Running Totals
I have several fields that I want to sum and display a text box with a running total. I do not want to store the total I just want to display the running total. Thank you for any assistance you can offer. Frank If you mean fields in the form's record source, then create a hidden text box for each field (if it is not already bound to a control on the form). Then in the text box where you want to show the sum use the Control Source property: =Nz(textbox1,0) + Nz(textbox2,0) + NzUtextbox3,0) -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Frank" wrote: > I have several fields...

budget won't open in Money 2004
Hi there, I have Money 2004 (oem) on my computer here at work. I've opened my money file that I created at home using Money 2003. The file opens okay (it seems to go through the conversation function just fine), but I cannot access the budget. I can check out everything else: account list, bills, cash flow, etc. But when I click on "Budget" absolutely nothing happens. Can you open the budget if you create a new file? I'm guessing you can. Why you may want to try is to create a new budget on your home file and with that as the active budget, try to convert that file o...

Crosstab Query For Fiscal Year Totals
I want to write a crosstab query for FY totals that will show each month regardless of wether there is data or not. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks! The trick is column headings. Open the query in Design View. Right click up where the tables go and select Properties. In there is column headings. Put in the expected column names in order. Something like: "Jan","Feb","Mar" and so on. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "DevlinM" wrote: > I...

Column names are 1,2,3,....
I just noticed today that the column names in my excel spreadsheets are no longer alphabetical, but are numerical. The column marked "1" is defined by excel as column "1C", and row "1" is defined as row "1R". How can I get the column names to change back to the alphabet? Thanks Hi! G! Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

Splitting multiple cell contents from 1st column into 4 columns
n my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content. The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate column to make a list that I can sort etc. Example: COLUMN A 1 01-04-425-001 2 Heatherridge Road #301 3 Harry Smith 4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place 5 01-05-356-041 6 McGrath Street # 56 7 Mary Jones 8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on every 4 cells. I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions. I just can't do this one by one. Can anyone help, PLEASE, PLEASE. I am really a novice at Excel though I use it for e...

Activate email column to hyperlinks
I have a colume of email addresses in an excel 2002 document. I need to make them active hyperlinks - How ? Microsoft instuctinos are useless here. can't they be converted in one batch to active hyperlinks so when the email address is clicked on, the email program opens in a fresh email ? Many thanks for any help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#MakeHyperlinks -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DixieWins" <DixieWins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F59C7F2-63DE-410B-B6FF-0EA29ECC8A35@microsoft.com... > I have a colume of email addr...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...

Invalid column name 'ASSN_ENTSUMPROJID'
I have Project Server 2003 with SP3, SQL2005 database When i am saving a project to the Project Server, i am getting the following message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'ASSN_ENTSUMPROJID' This is happning to just one project. Please help me understand the reason behind this and if you have a solution to fix this issue. Thanks VM Find the stored procedure executing that SQL command, name of the stored procedure is in the same line of the log (ULS). Go to the procedure and re-compile it, ensure there are no red-underlined lines. ...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Checkbox column in a table
Hi Everyone, I am a newbie in MS Access. I want to write a query for altering a table such that the new column added should be of type checkbox (which can be done by the design by going to Lookup tab in the design form). So when I open up the table that particular column should be like all filled with checkboxes. (By Default it will be Textboxes). And also how to give a default value to the checkbox ? Please help me out... ! On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:52:20 -0700, Cormalado <Cormalado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I am a newbie in MS Access. I want to w...

Double emails when setting up new POP3
A long time problem I'd like to resolve is when setting up a new, or resetting an user name and password for a POP3 mail account. In all versions of outlook I have users who keep many months of email stored on the mail server. I don't mind them keeping it there, but for some of these people, when I setup a new logon name to the same mail account the Outlook program is somehow reset and does not know that it already has months of emails in its account. So, it goes ahead and downloads them all over again. Well, I've used Duplicate Email remover that works nicely to remove t...

How to set up a uato incremnt in sql server 5000 express
Hi, I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Ted On 19-12-2009 19:40, tedpottel wrote: > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figure out how to > do a auto int for my key value in sql server express. Set IDENTITY on the field. Arne PS: This is a C# forum. "tedpottel" <tedpottel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:29a76b36-a911-425c-a46d-6f3c03ed5586@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to get into database programming. Cannot figu...