How do i rotate the text TO FIT THE Paper vertically?

problem: formula appears as text
Hello...I'm stumped.... I am entering a simple formula: =RIGHT(A2,2) in a cell. The sheet has data on it but not a whole lot going on. I have tried formatting the cell itself, the column, and the entire sheet a number of ways...however, the formula appears in the cell as =RIGHT(A2,2)...as if were a text entry...it won't actually just turn into a formula and do it's thing. Thanks in advance for response.... -- couriced ------------------------------------------------------------------------ couriced's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

Text in formula?
What a pain in the neck to come back home after being away and not being able to access the newsgroups via my newsreader (http:// www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm). Anyway ... <g> I have this formula in cell A16: ="Don't take today: " &+A15+1 I got it from googling for text and formulas in same cell. I've tried formatting cell as general and text but nothing comes out right. The result in A16 should say: Don't take today: Tue.Sep.14.2010 but instead it says: Don't take today: 40435 Can anyone advise how to fix this? Thanks! :oD On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 ...

How to select nodes where text is not empty?

Text within Forms
Not that familiar with the form area of CRM but I am trying to create a new tab (within a form) that would have a radio button with text beside or below it. Ex: yes no (radio button) This statement typed beside or below: lead qualification criteria complete. (Willing to Explore Solution, Agree upon actions towards technical proof set into the future, and Product need enunciated). Is this possible? If so how? Hi Elisa, You can display the required text in a read-only text area. HTH, Niths "Elisa" wrote: > Not that familiar with the form area of CRM but I am trying...

Message Text
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2002 with an Exchange 5.5 server. On several external reply messages I receive back I have several lines in the message that state the following and I was wondering exactly why they show and what it means. For example: > > > > <http://lw7fd.law1.hotmail.msn.com/compose? curmbox=Fxxxxx=Bxxx=name@domain.com&msg=MSG102239489585 REplies from hotmail or msn accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

Text Qualifiers
I imported a tab-delimited text file, with quotation marks as the text qualifiers. Excel removed the marks, and now I need to save the file back as text, and put the quotation marks back in. Is there anyway I can do this? Thanks! I'd use a helper column (say column C) with a formula in it that wraps the fields that you need in quotes: =""""&a1&""""&b1 and drag down. Then select column C. Copy it Paste into Notepad Save that as the .CSV file. Or you could use a macro to write the text file anyway you want. Here ar...

text intend in Power Point
I'm copying a text from Word into Power Point. The first line of the text starts where I want but the second and the remaining lines have intend. How can I change it so all lines of the same paragraph copied in PP start at the same distance from the slide edge? Thanks, Aga You probably need to adjust the lower grey marker on the ruler. If you cannot see the ruler VIEW > RULER -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Aga" wrote: > I'm copyin...

text data on X axis
Is it possible? My Y data are numbers but I would like to put the X coordinates as text, eg.: (a;12), (b;9), (w;2;8) etc., the chart of XY type. I can't find anything like that in Help. Thank you. Create a Line chart. The chart will treat each text item as its own category label. If you have any duplicate labels, you will end up with duplicates along the chart axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "ajent" <debrza@poczta_kropka_onet.pl> wrote in message news:el43kh$q0d$1@nemesis.news.tpi...

Losing last zero while formating numbers to text
Ok, the situation is following .. i have text in csv format(comm delimited) ... (for example in cell A1 I have following text string 1.3456,1.5467,1.3559), and i need to change some number values include in this text. I extracted these numbers from text with mid() function converted to numbers format, and then made my changes. Now number look like 1.345(A1 cell), 1.5461(A2), 1.3553(A3).Then I need to conver these numbers back to the text and merge them in one text string an save as CSV FORMAT. The problem is when i try to convert for exampl number 1.345 to the text it converts like 1.345, bu...

Extracting a word form a text string
Hi I run Excel 2K I have a number of text strings with each string containing a key word which is located in different postitions of each text string. I need a formula that extracts only that key word from the text string. Lets say the word is TEST Thanks On Oct 21, 8:46=A0am, John Calder <JohnCal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I run Excel 2K > > I have a number of text strings with each string containing a key word wh= ich > is located in different postitions of each text string. > > I need a formula that extracts only that key word from the...

Would like to locate a text box based on a search string and copy
I have a worksheet with several text boxes on it. Based on a radio button selection I need to search through all of the text boxes for for a text string and display that box on the worksheet where the radio button is or copy it based on some reference. I use text boxes from the Draw toolbar because they are highly formatable. Another method may be acceptable as long as I can format text. Thank you. Hello: Can I assume that your Textboxes are on a regular worksheet and not a form opened with the VBA command MyForm.Show? Also, which toolbox did you use: Forms or Control Tool...

Outlook 2000 reading Outlook 2003 HTML and rich text emails in Chinese
I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 with POP since our Unix-based e-mail system doesn't provide a MAPI client for 2003. Others have Outlook 2000 with the MAPI client installed. The Outlook 2003 user will send an email in HTML or rich text and the outlook 2000 users will get either chinese or a series of "boxes". This seems to come and go and we can't figure it out. He has tried using Word as editor and that didn't help. He now has to send everything in plain text. Interestingly, I have the Google sidebar which I have set up to display emails. The ones from him show up...

How to put underline text to rebar band text?
I've thought this should be a simple question. So I wrote rebarbandinfo.lpText = "Address(&D)"; .... But it doesn't work like IE does. The '&' is displayed as a normal char. Yet another simple should be question:( "Su Wei" <suwei@sina_com> wrote in message news:<eA4kurJeEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > I've thought this should be a simple question. So I wrote > rebarbandinfo.lpText = "Address(&D)"; > ... > But it doesn't work like IE does. The '&' is displayed as a normal char. Yet > ...

CEdit text color
I *assumed* this would be easy ... I have a dialog-based app with a CEdit control to display data being monitored by the app. I add text to the control with ReplaceSel. Each event being displayed is a single line. I would like different colored text for different events (lines) being displayed. How do I specify text color on a ReplaceSel call by ReplaceSel call basis? TIA You can change the text color of an edit control by catching WM_CTLCOLOR and chaning the text color of the DC. If you want multiple colors to be displayed at the same time, I would use a CRichEditCtrl. AliR. "...

Ability for text fields be HTML enabled
The are custom fields and system fields that I would like to have html enabled to house hyperlinks, etc. I have also implemented the email to case workflow, and do not like the way the case description displayed, it captures all the html tags from the e-mail. So I either have to have the email sent in plain text or parse out the test from the html tags. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

how to hide hyperlink text
Hi Mark, If you actually asked a question it would be easier to answer. You have a subject title and there is no question or explanation of what you actually want in the body of your posting. If you right click on the cell, edit hyperlink, in the upper right corner is tooltip button, you can enter a space there and you will come up with an empty tooltip. If you have nothing there it will revert to normal. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/d...

Formatting Times and converting to text
Hi, I have got a spreadsheet which has a column which holds a time calculated from another column. The times in both columns are in the format m:ss.000. The sheet when complete will be imported into Access which unfortunately xan't hold times with seconds with 3 decimal places so the recomended solution is to hold the time in a text field. So how in Excel can I convert the times into a text field without losing the currently displayed value, as whatever I try changes the value to the offset value (i.e. 7.88E-05 instead of 0:06.815). Thanks Graham Do it this way: =3DTEXT(A1,&q...

full text indexing
Every table needs to be created so they can be full text indexed enhancing the search capability. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b3051f89-4188-4427-9817-7e...

Cannot select paper size in MS word
I have a problem with MS word when I am working offline from the office network. I do not have the selection to choose which paper size I want to use. But when I plug back into the office network all the selection will return. Is there any setting that can resolve this as other users do not have this issue. The paper sizes you can set are determined by the current printer driver. Ensure that the printer driver is installed locally on your laptop. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> G...

Making page fit inserted picture
I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6". How do I make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture) Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6. If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple copies per page. It would help to know what version Publisher you are using. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A67D046-AE87-4D99-9B9C...

when filling out a form, the main text gets out of alignment?
I just designed a form.....When I "test" it and fill in the blanks, it moves the main text out of alignment. Is there any way to "lock" the main text so it doesn't move but still be able to fill in the blanks on the form? Set up your form as a table with fixed cell dimensions. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "enived2" <enived2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Capitalize text
I have a worksheet that all text is in lower case, and would like it in upper case. Can I select all text ,then select a coomand to change the text to upper case? Thanks in advance Eddie No. See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper In article <6FE5CF53-D2EE-49E7-A9AC-BEE8F84190BF@microsoft.com>, "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a worksheet that all text is in lower case, and would like it in > upper case. Can I select all text ,then select a coomand to change the text > to upper case? Say all your inf...

How can you change the text layout of the calendar?
I would like to change the text layout of the weekly calendar. The week is set in 2 lines. I would like to put set it in 1 line (August 1-August 7). I would also like to have the day (Monday, August 1) set on the left hand side of the page, rather than the right side. You can extend your "Work Week" to all 7 days and then use the Work Week view to get all days on the same line, but you can't change where the date header appears. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve...

Populate text boxes from a list box
Hi, I have a form with text and combo boxes where user enters data. After saving, a list box in another form is being populated, and all that works just fine. What i wanted to do next is to enable users to open one set of data from the list box (one row of data) in that form with text and combo boxes. I tried and tried but either i manage to open that form in add mode where all fields are blank, or i manage to open the form with data from the list box, but always positioned on the first data in the list box. I have been trying for a while so it could be possible that i am missing...

Conditional Formatting of Text...
....I know how to apply Conditional Formatting to cells containing numeric data; is it possible to apply it to cells where the result is textual? For example: =if(a1>=5000,"High","Low") In this instance, I would want to conditionally format this cell so that if the result is High, then the text should be bold and red. Thanks in advance. I'm using Excel 2002... Hi click on the cell choose format / conditional formatting choose cell value is equal to ="high" click the format button set your formatting click OK twice Regards JulieD "Birmangirl&quo...