I have the fx displayed just under my toolbar, and I can't enter or change
data in any of the cells in the file.  I can't get the red X, the Green check
mark, or the black = sign to appear. There are very few areas that are not
"greyed out" under the headings at the top.  This situation applies to all of
the excel files on this computer.  I have Excel 2000.  Please help.
0
dmdranch (3)

Can you move the cursor around anywhere in the spreadsheet?

"dmdranch" wrote:

> I have the fx displayed just under my toolbar, and I can't enter or change
> data in any of the cells in the file.  I can't get the red X, the Green check
> mark, or the black = sign to appear. There are very few areas that are not
> "greyed out" under the headings at the top.  This situation applies to all of
> the excel files on this computer.  I have Excel 2000.  Please help.
0
Matt1817 (383)
12/2/2005 2:58:02 AM
Matt,
I can move the curser around anywhere without any difficulty, but if you try
to highlight a cell/square you can't type in any data...and like I said, a
lot of the features in the dropdown topics are greyed out.  I have Excel 2000
on another computer that has the same file with no problems.  Help!

"Matt" wrote:

> Can you move the cursor around anywhere in the spreadsheet?
>
> "dmdranch" wrote:
>
> > I have the fx displayed just under my toolbar, and I can't enter or change
> > data in any of the cells in the file.  I can't get the red X, the Green check
> > mark, or the black = sign to appear. There are very few areas that are not
> > "greyed out" under the headings at the top.  This situation applies to all of
> > the excel files on this computer.  I have Excel 2000.  Please help.
0
dmdranch (3)
12/2/2005 4:00:02 AM
It sounds like your Excel is corrupt.  Either from the install or from a virus.

"dmdranch" wrote:

> Matt,
> I can move the curser around anywhere without any difficulty, but if you try
> to highlight a cell/square you can't type in any data...and like I said, a
> lot of the features in the dropdown topics are greyed out.  I have Excel 2000
> on another computer that has the same file with no problems.  Help!
>

> "Matt" wrote:
>
> > Can you move the cursor around anywhere in the spreadsheet?
> >
> > "dmdranch" wrote:
> >
> > > I have the fx displayed just under my toolbar, and I can't enter or change
> > > data in any of the cells in the file.  I can't get the red X, the Green check
> > > mark, or the black = sign to appear. There are very few areas that are not
> > > "greyed out" under the headings at the top.  This situation applies to all of
> > > the excel files on this computer.  I have Excel 2000.  Please help.
0
Matt1817 (383)
12/3/2005 4:14:02 AM
The problem is on my laptop.  I have updated the file recently, but the
problem remains.  As I said before this is a problem only on this computer.
Any suggestions?

"Matt" wrote:

> It sounds like your Excel is corrupt.  Either from the install or from a virus.
>
> "dmdranch" wrote:
>
> > Matt,
> > I can move the curser around anywhere without any difficulty, but if you try
> > to highlight a cell/square you can't type in any data...and like I said, a
> > lot of the features in the dropdown topics are greyed out.  I have Excel 2000
> > on another computer that has the same file with no problems.  Help!
> >

> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> > > Can you move the cursor around anywhere in the spreadsheet?

0
dmdranch (3)

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

SUMIF function not calculating from closed worksheet
We recently upgraded from Microsoft Office 2000 to 2007. Prior to the upgrade each department would access a spreadsheet that would load data from a common lookup spreadsheet The loading process was performed as follows: The lookup file and each department file would be opened to update the link for that month and then saved and closed. When the department head would open the department file, a question would appear asking if they wanted to update the link, if they answered no the spreadsheet would open and display the calculated data. If they answered yes, the file would o...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

Outlook Data Files #4

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

More than 7 If Functions Example is IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, ..
i want to use if Command in which 19 times If Function to be used for Example of the Function is =IF(A2="Bongaigaon", B2*40, IF(A2="Dhemaji", B2*100, IF(A2="Dhubri", B2*50, IF(A2="Dibrugarh", B2*65, IF(A2="Golaghat", B2*50, IF(A2="Guwahati", B2*20, IF(A2="hojai", B2*50, IF(A2="Jorhat", B2*60, If(A2="Kharupetia", B2*50, up to 19 times Hi - You really need to create a table with the 19 names in one column and, in the column to the right, the vaues associated with each name. That would ...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

what is straight line depreciation and double line depreciation?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation In article <928DC52C-D390-45C6-9847-693648A1A5DA@microsoft.com>, MISSY <MISSY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-F62312.22355624092007@msnews.microsoft.com... > See > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation > Quite a good article for wikipedia, but it misses one very important point. The original purpose of charging depreciation to the P&L was to build up a reserve in order to replace the asset when it became obsol...

Find what control is using a data item
I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a popup asking for the value of those 2 columns. The problem is, I don't use those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted columns. I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column names. How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns? I found the problem, the column was still referenced in the underlying query that fed the form. "MeSteve"...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...

Remove format link?
Is there a way to remove the format link between fields in Modifier? Help just shows how to set it and the usual stuff doesn't seem to be working. ...

merging data
Hi all:) I'm new to this forum and to to Excel (2000) and not sure that I'm asking this question correctly but here is what I'm trying to do. The data on my work sheet is pasted from another sorce and includes information: name, ref #, time, date. I use this information looking up the status of an order and enter a "status note" in 5th (last) column. As the day progresses, the source that the data comes from is copied and pasted under the current list I already have going and much of the data on the lower list is a duplicate. How can I merge the to list so that I hav...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

auto fill in data when changing fields
i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me where i need to do this, thanks -- j.hardy you can modify the mappings of the corresponding relationship "moon" wrote: > i new to crm 4 and i would like to; once i selected the account i need it to > grab the main phone and put it in the phone field, and could you tell me > where i need to do this, thanks > -- > j.hardy ...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

How can I use a form (Excel) to add a column of data to the right.
How can I use a form (Excel) to add a column of data to the right of a list? It's a simple matter to add a column to the left of a list by writing a macro that inserts a column and then pastes the values. However I want to have the data pasted on the right of a list, if only so that I can easily run a chart from it. ...

Can I insert Google Calender data into Publisher document?
How can I configure my Publisher document to use the data from Google Calendar? I would like to use the RSS feed from Google Calendar. Creating an RSS Feed http://blogs.msdn.com/lisawoll/archive/2004/11/19/266972.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "thpope" <thpope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB5CDF70-1B8E-45E1-B17B-7D496CD96F36@microsoft.com... > How can I configure my Publisher document to use the data from Google > Calendar? I would like to use the RSS feed from Google C...

revision lines on Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to show when text is revised by inserting a line in the left margin. This works ok on text, and has worked with tables and ToC in past versions (2004 for Mac). Now in the new version it causes formatting chaos. <br> I draw a line in the left margin of a page with a table and when the mouse is released the line a) disappears, or b) jumps up to the previous page, or c) jumps over into the table and displaces the contents downward off the page. <br> I am not using the Track Changes feature. &l...