How do I print odd numbered pages

I want to print double sided.  The even numbers on one side and the odds on
the other.  Is there a way to do this in Excel

0
Maryjanet (1)

Maryjanet, check your printer settings there may be an option there to do
it, if not here is a macro from Gord Dibben that will do it

Sub PrintDoubleSided()
'Will print odd or even pages
'By Gord Dibben
Dim Totalpages As Long
Dim pg As Long
Dim oddoreven As Integer
On Error GoTo enditt
Totalpages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)")
oddoreven = InputBox("Enter 1 for Odd, 2 for Even")
For pg = oddoreven To Totalpages Step 2
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut from:=pg, To:=pg
Next pg
enditt:
End Sub

And if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on
getting started with macros

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Maryjanet" <Maryjanet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to print double sided.  The even numbers on one side and the odds
on
> the other.  Is there a way to do this in Excel

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

sequential invoice numbering
How do I formulate a cell to add one to the previous invoice# each time the "xxxx" invoice file is opened. Please and thank you Scott You could add code to the workbook_open event, thus (to add this open the VBE (Alt+F11) and right click on the ThisWorkbook entry for the file name. Paste the code in the resultant window, close the VBE and save the workbook. (Change the references accordingly) Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microso...

two columns range of numbers need to list all numbers in the range
have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range start end 5 9 15 19 20 29 i need for each row to show the numbers in the range 5 6 7 8 9 15 16 .. .. pls help Was this post helpful to you? Check your other post. arsovat wrote: > > have two columns range of numbers i need to list each number in the range > start end > 5 9 > 15 19 > 20 29 > i need for each row to show the numbers in the range > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 15 > 16 > . > . > pls help > > Was this post he...

Formula for current month minus one = Quarter number in a macro.
I have a macro that does several things. The last step should be to save the file to a network drive with a name and quarter number appended to it. The file save command I have got is: - ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "Y:\Skip Register\Quarterly Charging Period ?", FileFormat:=xlExcel9795, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False The ? in the file name should be substituted by the formula as described below. The macro is to be run in the month following a quarter (i.e. run macro in April to get Quar...

How do I do mail merge with 2 2-sided documents per page?
I am trying to merge an excel mailing list with a two sided postcard. I can fit 2 postcards per page (2 fronts on one side and 2 corresponding backs on the other). Prior to doing the mail merge, the print preview looks correct. After the mail merge, the print preview shows only 1 postcard per page. This doubles the amount of paper I will need to use. Does anyone know how to set up publisher to allow me to print 2 postcards, front and back, with mail merge one sheet of printer paper? When you do a mail merge you can only have one card on your screen. If you are using 2007 I would s...

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

Vertical text printing solid bar in chart
I have a chart created in Excel that has alpha-numeric text vertically for labeling the x-axis. This chart has been copied into a Word document and in viewing appearance as intended, but in printing text coming out as solid rectangles. When printing this chart from Excel, all is well and appears as intended. Am hoping this is a problem similarly encountered by others and easily corrected. Think I may have solved this problem on my own . . . one of the problems may have been in the way the chart is pasted from Excel to Word. As I didn't originate either the report or the cha...

error when attaching apple "pages" doc #2
hi whenever i try to attach a "pages" doc to an entourage email i get a mnessage that i need to instal suffit i have stuffit exapnder installed, am running osx and office 2004 i loked at stuffit's site and they want $ for the compression program any ideas? i have "no compression" selected in my preferences thanks ...

Page sorter in Publisher:
How can I view in the page sorter all page numbers from multiple sections when in publisher? ...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

Printing 11 x 17" on 8.5 x 11"
I have designed a newsletter in the regular 11 x 17" format. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to print on that size paper here and need to print on regular letter size. The pages are set up that way, but I cannot figure out how to break them down to print. When I send it to print and load 8.5 x 11" paper, it prints the entire two page spread per page, so the newsletter comes out a tiny size. I do not have a 'shrink to fit' option or anything like that on the screen. Much appreciation to anyone who can help! Am I missing something here? Why don't you s...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

How to change left bottom note that tell number records found?
Hi, At the left bottom corner of Exel 2003 spreadsheet, a display note 'Ready' remains as it is, though I have filtered the items using the filter command, the note usually displays number of records found. How to return back the display note 'number of records found' in Excel 2003 spreadsheet? -- Thank you, Cpviv If you have any formulas that read these filtered records, you will typically not be able to view the # of records found. If you go to Tool - Options - Calculation and change to Manual, you would be able to view # of records. Beware, as this will not au...

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

Page Breaks #7
How do I remove the page break lines (-------) around the pages after I go into print view mode??? tools>options>view and uncheck page break Regards, Peo Sjoblom "chris" wrote: > How do I remove the page break lines (-------) around the pages after I go > into print view mode??? Chris Tools>Options>View Tab Then deselect 'Page Break' at bottom left. Alex "chris" wrote: > How do I remove the page break lines (-------) around the pages after I go > into print view mode??? ...

header full line but page 2 rows
Hi I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. But all the data in 2 coloums. On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:45:01 -0800, Bruno wrote: > Hi > I like to design a report header and page over the full width of A4 paper. > But all the data in 2 coloums. Create a report the full width of the paper. Click on File + Page Setup + Columns Set the number of columns to 2 Uncheck the "same as detail" check box Enter the width of the columns wanted. Select "Down then Across" or "Across then Down", as wanted. -- Fred...

can you count the number of letters (inc spaces) in a single sell
I have a spreedsheet which has 3000 rows. Each cell has a different amount of words in it... ie ABC Learning Centre Ferrymead. Is it possible to count the number of characters (letters) including spaces in each cell??? (please note each cell has a different number of letters in it)... or do I have to do this manually? none of the help options seem to help me... Thanks use the formula =len( -- PF Wannab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PF Wannabe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2579 View this thread: ...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

i want to mail merge 1 address per postcard 4 to a page,
I have postcards preprinted on one side. I have made a publication using mail merge to add addresses. But I have 4 postcards on a page when I do the mail merge I am getting 4 postcards with the same address. How do I get one address per card but do 4 to a page? What version Publisher? In some earlier versions the print preview showed all the addresses the same, it was/is a Publisher bug. In Publisher 2007, once you have your postcard created --- File, print merge, on this screen, select multiple copies per sheet and landscape. There is a print preview on this screen. -- Mary Sauer ...

Sort numbers alphabetically
Let's say I have a list: 1 2 5 20 35 I want it alphabetical, ie: 1 2 20 35 5 Even if I make them text, they still sort numerically. Is there some trick? Thanks, Joe One method................ In B1 enter =LEFT(A1) Copy down. Copy and paste special>values. Select column A and B and sort on column B Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:19:10 -0700 (PDT), Pungh0Li0 <joe.dellwo@gmail.com> wrote: >Let's say I have a list: >1 >2 >5 >20 >35 > >I want it alphabetical, ie: >1 >2 >20 >35 >5 > >Even if I make them text...

convert month text (MAR) to month number (3)
I am trying to work with a data set that unfortunately has spit out all the dates in a text format - i.e. 03/01/2009 is MAR 3 2009. Is there a way to convert that text date to an actual date format? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200912/1 Debug.Print CDate("MAR 3 2009") = 3/3/2009 One problem with the CDate function is that it will bomb out on things that can't be evaluated as a date. Therefore you may want to use the IsDate fun...

How to format different odd and even margins
I need to have large margins on the outer margin so different for odd and even pages? any tips? In earlier versions of Word, there was a check box in Page Setup for "Mirror margins." In recent versions, that setting is under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MaryE" <MaryE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5875EE50-EFB9-4C55-94A3-B7AB75B7C2CE@microsoft.com... >I need to have large margins on the out...

Count 350 SS numbers, exclude duplicates
I need to be able to count information based on approximately 350 social security numbers, exlcuding duplicates. Any ideas on the formula? Thanks so much, Marsha Hi Marsha, One way =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A200<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A200,A1:A200&"")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Marsha" <Marsha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E362D9A0-8A06-43E4-81DD-0B2F28C6C18E@microsoft.com... > I need to be able to count information based on approximately 350 social > security numbers, exlcuding duplic...