How do I name the column headings ie. Address

I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I'm unable to find
out how to label the column headings ie. Name, Address, Town etc.
0
Lyric35 (1)

You can't directly, but you could put headings in Row 1 and turn off Excel's
column Headings, Tools>Options>View, Row and Column headers.

--
HTH

Bob

"Lyric35" <Lyric35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to create a database of names and addresses. I'm unable to
>find
> out how to label the column headings ie. Name, Address, Town etc.

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)

rename excel 2k column
How do you rename a column in excel 2k? Kerry, If you mean changing the header text from letters to something else, the answer is no, you can't change the column (or row) headers. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "kerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0401c393d3$04dcd630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you rename a column in excel 2k? ...

Name and number of sheets
Could someone please post the code that will count the number of sheets in a workbook and get each sheet name. I thought I could use the for statement after I got the number of sheets, but can't seem to get that number. Thank you Maybe something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet MsgBox Sheets.Count MsgBox Worksheets.Count For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets MsgBox wks.Name Next wks End Sub Worksheets.count may not equal sheets.count (if you have chart sheets for example). MB wrote: > > Could someone please po...

How to publish an Excel worksheet as a Web page including heading
I am trying to save an Excell worksheet as a Web page and some of the headings are dropped. Using Office 2003 Are you talking about information on the sheet or page header/footer info? All data on the is taken over in my test. Hans Thanks for the reply. It is headings within the sheet. The odd thing is the only headings that do not appear are where I have headings in col A & B which occupy rows 4 & 5. The heading that disappears is row 4, D through O. There is a sub-heading in row 6 that go across the whole sheet and this appears fine. I discovered a work-around - if t...

multiple match from a column
hai every body. i m in a real bad fix. i have a column containing names and other column containig their respective datas. i made a function that when i will enter any name i will get the datas. but the loop hole is that i will have to enter the name exactly as in the data sheet. now i want that if i have two names eg: joe and john and only if i enter jo i shall get both the match. is this possible. please help. thanks in advance. Can't say because you don't give any indication what type of 'function' you 'made' - that can make a big difference. However, there are...

Append 2 tables with variable names
Hi there... Here's my problem. I have 2 tables in an access 2000 database. The table names are unknown...they could have any name. Through VBA how can I append one table to the other? Hi, you can run append query: currentdb.execute "Insert into " & strTable1 & " (Field1, Field2) Select Field1, Field2 From " & strTable2, dbfailonerror Where strTable1 and strTable2 variables hold tables names -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "ambushsinger" <ambushsinger@dis...

Copy a particular column of all the Worksheets in a folder in a new worksheet
Hi Please can anyone help me on below query:- I have different workbooks in a folder. All workbooks are of the same format column 1 is having unique identification of rows. Column 32 contain the update of the order (column 1 ) on a particular day. Column 1 of recently added file contain all the orders . say column 1 of day 1 will have 10 entries, column 1 of last file will have all these 10 columns plus new entries. Now I need a macro which can club column 32 of all the files in a new workbook, from column 2 onwards. column 1 will be the same as column 1 of the recently added fil...

Address updates
Situation I have many contacts linked to an Account. So ... I get a new account address ... do I need to drill into each record and update each contact .... or is there a way to link them, or auto update related records Rhett ...

Exchange: Internal domain email address for external internet based email accounts
Hi, Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient - there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, bu...

Convert text to number
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hello, <br> I have an excel file of > 5000 records, sent to me by a windows user, and the values are not recognized as such but as text (so filtering and formulas don't work). I can only convert 1 cell at a time, so selecting the entire column and then changing to number does not work unfortunately... <br> I hope I can sort this out, thank you so much in advance for helping ! <br> Liselotte, Belgium Are the cells formatted as text, or do they have a " ' " in front of the numbers? If the...

Copy Columns based on Header name
Hi, what I have is several columns on two different spreadsheets that are not in the same order. Looking for a macro that will allow me to copy one column on one sheet to another column on another worksheet.. Tried to make this simple by labeling about the column headers 1-65 so that what I would like to do is have the macro look on sheet 2 find the number that matches and bring back that columns data.. the only kicker is that it needs to copy only down to the last data row..guess what I am saying is this things need to copy all the data from one column and past it in another worksheet in the...

Can I use 'names' in defining a series in a graph
I have successfully used the name feature to name individual cells and ranges of cells and than have used them in formulas. However, when I try to use a name in the definition of a series on a graph, it says there is an invalid reference. Am I doing something wrong, or can you not use names in series definitions? Thanks for your help. There are innumerable examples on the internet showing how to use names as your chart source data. See for example: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/dynamic-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html What is probably leading...

Indirect and Sheet Name
I have a formula =COUNTA(INDIRECT(A3)) which returns the count of items in a range which is defined in cell A3, the formula in A3 is below. Is there a way of not having to include the sheet name (Sheet 1) in cell A3 and to include in the COUNTA formula. ="'Sheet 1'"&"!C"&A1&":"&"C"&B1 Thanks, Rob Two possibilities a) replace the A3 formula by ="C"&A1&":"&"C"&B1 and replace the COUNTA by =COUNTA(INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!"&A3)) or, better stil...

The from address is blank in NDRs
Hi Using Exchange 2003 SP1. I have set Exchange Server to send NDRs to an Exchange users mailbox. When this user opens the NDR in the Inbox in Outlook 2003 and clicks the Send Again, the From address is blank. They want to notify the sender of the correct address. If the user then moves this NDR to a PST file and opens it there, the From address is displayed. This also happens if the NDR notifications are sent to a special mailbox. If I use OutLook to open this mailbox directly, then the From address is blank in the Send Again. But if I open this NDR Inbox from within my Mailbox, the Fro...

format a column
I have a simple question to ask, I have a column in Excel is number like 142000, I want to format the whole column numbers without the two ending 0s, change 142000 to 1420, how can I do that? Thanks -- xcao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ xcao's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14538 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471821 Enter 100 in an empty cell and copy it. Then, select your range of numbers you want to change, Right Click and go to Paste Special, and select Div...

convert row to column
I have information in a row on a spreadsheet. Is there a way to copy/cut and paste that information into a column instead? TIA Ivor Have you tried the Transpose yet? You copy the row, select the column you want to put the data in, paste special and check the transpose box Highlight and Copy the Row; then go to the column cell you wish the data to goto and click/select it, then do an Edit Paste-Special (check) Transpose<<Consider if you want to further paste the de-formularized Value or not, also before ending>> HTH "Ivor Williams" <ivor@just-a-second.com> w...

Selecting highlighted data from one column and placing them in another column
Hi, I have data in Column A. Some of the rows in Column A are highlighted in yellow. I would like to copy the highlighted data and paste them into Column B. For Example: Column A 2342 1234 2121 5675 2321 Let's assume that 2342 and 2121 are highlighted. So my resullt in Column B will be: 2342 2121 Keep in mind that I have n numbers of data in Column A. Try this Macro: Sub Colour() Dim bCol As Long Dim x As Long bCol = 2 For x = 2 To 1000 'increase as required If Cells(x, 1).Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then Cells(bCol, 2) = Cells(x, 1).Va...

how to get SetWindowLongPtr address from user32.dll?
I use the API GetProcAddress to get export function from user32.dll, such as SetWindowLongA, SetWindowLongW, which can work well. But SetWindowLongPtr have some problem, whatever I used SetWindowLongPtr ,SetWindowLongPtrA,SetWindowLongPtrW, it return NULL why? >I use the API GetProcAddress to get export function from user32.dll, such as >SetWindowLongA, SetWindowLongW, which can work well. But SetWindowLongPtr >have some problem, whatever I used SetWindowLongPtr >,SetWindowLongPtrA,SetWindowLongPtrW, it return NULL I think you'll find it's a macro wrapper and not really...

Pivot Table Sum Columns and Rows
I am doing a Pivot Table importing data from Access and am trying to get sums for both columns and rows. I can get one or the other but not both. I tried adding a calculated field and calculated item and they do not show up, even though I have entered a formula. If I delete the total columns and rows, then it lets me add a calculated field or item. Any ideas? You do not mention if you checked up under pivot table Options Grand Totals for Columns Grand Totals for Row -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Creating a copy of a sheet and naming it
Being a newbie to VBA could I please have some advice . What I am trying to do is write a macro to select the active sheet and create a copy of it but then I would like an input message to ask me what to name the sheet so that I am presented with an exact copy (including macro buttons) but with a name of my choice. I have tried a myriad of combinations but do not seem able to get it to work This macro must be able to work with any selected sheet in the workbook Any help would be appreciated Brian Scotland Brian, SheetName = InputBox("Enter desired name for copy of active sheet&quo...

Select the UNIQUE vendors name
Dear All, Please help how to replace the below function with the VBA solution: =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE($G$1:$G$14)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) the above formula work fast, when then data is not many. But when we would like to SHORTLISTED / UNIQUE data, it will be a long wait for Excel to finish the task. Data: Vendor Name A B A B C E E E A the Result of Unique Vendor will be A B C E TIA On Apr 24, 5:04=A0am, Andri <An...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Return a column # from an array
Hi, I've pulled my hair out trying to nest functions and try variou different ways to do this but here's the problem. I have tw worksheets. The first sheet, "Rows" has a named range from A2:CV50 'myRng'. All cells within the range are either blank, or hold a uniqu workorder number anywhere from 4 to 8 digits scattered randomly. The second worksheet "Audit" contains the unique workorde numbers from worksheet "Rows", listed in ascending order in Column without any spaces. What I need to do is look up the number in column A on my "Audit ...

Build an Array of Different Values From Column
How can I build an array with non repeating values from a column? For example, in Col. A I have this: Col. A 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 I want MyArray = Array(1,2,3,4). No duplications. Can I use the Split Function? MyArray = Split(MyRange, "", 1, ) ' this doesn't work, Err: Type Mismatch Thanks in Advance! -- Cheers, Ryan Hello Ryan, Split splits a string, not a range. I suggest to use Lfreq or another of my UDF's I provide: http://sulprobil.com/html/listfreq.html Regards, Bernd Something like this would work. It's not very pretty: ...

Address book #36
I have just upgraded to Office 2003 and the installation automatically copied over my contacts list with e-mail addresses etc. Now if I send an e-mail and click the address book icon in the send to in the old outlook I would go straight to a list of addresses, now the computer hangs for quite a while then I get a message to say Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81) and then it gives me the chance to select the contacts list. This is really annoying because it takes ages to get to the stage of selecting the contacts list and I can't find any way of changing it. Can anyone help ple...

Searching In a Column
Please help me with a search function for a column. Given data in the Level and Part columns below, I am trying to populate the Parent column with the parent part number for each Part in a row. The parent/child relationship is designated by the Level column entry, where, for example, all of the Level 2 parts under a given Level 1 part have that Level 1 part as a parent. With nested IF functions, I can easily march down the data as long as the Level number is increasing or the Level returns to a value of 1. But as shown by the "???" in the Parent column below, I do not have a way to e...

Mailbox name reflects previous user
I've renamed a user account to the new user taking over the position. When addressing an email to this new user in Outlook, the autofill address shows up as NewLastName, NewFirstName <OldUsername>, which is driving the somewhat vain new user crazy. Therefore, it is driving ME crazy. How can I change the displayed name in brackets so that it matches the new user name? Thanks ...