How do I make values appear in another tab?

I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from other
pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please help!!!
0
Duncare (3)

Could you give a specific example? If I understand, you'd want 1/1/2005 to
show as overdue on sheet 2, but it now resides only on sheet 1?
Seems to me you could copy the cell from sheet 1. Go to sheet 2 and
Edit-->Paste special-->Paste link. Then, make the font color white. Then,
using conditional formatting to show the font as black or red or something
when the value is less than today. Type:  =today()   into a cell. Then, go
to your "special" cell and hit Format-->Conditional formatting. Cell Value
is Less than (tab) then click on the cell with Today in it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Duncare" <Duncare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from other
> pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please help!!!

0
ng1 (1444)
10/23/2005 9:56:31 PM
Hi there,

I think maybe you are looking for something like this ...

Assuming numeric:
=IF(Sheet1!A1>40,"Overdue","Ok")

Assuming date:
=IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30),"Overdue,"Ok")

Assuming date 1 week from specified:
=IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30)+7,"Overdue,"Ok")

HTH

--
Regards,
Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)

"Duncare" <Duncare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from other
> pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please help!!!

0
firefytrNO (70)
10/24/2005 5:55:52 PM
I think you're on the right track.  I have dates on one sheet and when they
go overdue I'd like them to go onto a seperate sheet in a block of cells
already set up for that particular inspection.  I have multiple inspections I
track and I'd like them to go in the correct inspection section.  Any
thoughts?

"Zack Barresse" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I think maybe you are looking for something like this ...
>
> Assuming numeric:
> =IF(Sheet1!A1>40,"Overdue","Ok")
>
> Assuming date:
> =IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30),"Overdue,"Ok")
>
> Assuming date 1 week from specified:
> =IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30)+7,"Overdue,"Ok")
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Regards,
> Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
> To email, remove the NO SPAM.  Please keep correspondence to the board, as
> to benefit others.
>

> "Duncare" <Duncare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from other
> > pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please help!!!

0
Duncare (3)
10/24/2005 11:52:02 PM
I have over 250 inspection items and multiple inspections on each one I am
trying to make them all appear in another sheet in a specific block
designated for that inspection when the date is today or further back.  I'd
appreciate any help

"Anne Troy" wrote:

> Could you give a specific example? If I understand, you'd want 1/1/2005 to
> show as overdue on sheet 2, but it now resides only on sheet 1?
> Seems to me you could copy the cell from sheet 1. Go to sheet 2 and
> Edit-->Paste special-->Paste link. Then, make the font color white. Then,
> using conditional formatting to show the font as black or red or something
> when the value is less than today. Type:  =today()   into a cell. Then, go
> to your "special" cell and hit Format-->Conditional formatting. Cell Value
> is Less than (tab) then click on the cell with Today in it.
> ************
> Anne Troy
> www.OfficeArticles.com
>

> "Duncare" <Duncare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from other
> > pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please help!!!

0
Duncare (3)
10/24/2005 11:57:01 PM
Why another sheet, Duncare? Why not just leave it on "this sheet" and sort
by due date? You can use conditional formatting on this sheet to put a red
background on the overdue ones (or even those "due within the next week" or
something). Better that you keep all your records on one sheet and just view
it differently. For instance, how about a macro button that says "Due Now".
You click it and you only see the stuff that's due. You got another macro
button for "Show All" that sorts 'em the way you like 'em otherwise.
Sorry...everyone seems to want to duplicate their data to "see" it
differently, when Excel has all these cool features that make it unnecessary
to have duplicate data. If you want some big-time help, email your workbook.
I'll have a look.
************

>I have over 250 inspection items and multiple inspections on each one I am
> trying to make them all appear in another sheet in a specific block
> designated for that inspection when the date is today or further back.
> I'd
> appreciate any help
>
> "Anne Troy" wrote:
>
>> Could you give a specific example? If I understand, you'd want 1/1/2005
>> show as overdue on sheet 2, but it now resides only on sheet 1?
>> Seems to me you could copy the cell from sheet 1. Go to sheet 2 and
>> Edit-->Paste special-->Paste link. Then, make the font color white. Then,
>> using conditional formatting to show the font as black or red or
>> something
>> when the value is less than today. Type:  =today()   into a cell. Then,
>> go
>> to your "special" cell and hit Format-->Conditional formatting. Cell
>> Value
>> is Less than (tab) then click on the cell with Today in it.
>> ************
>> Anne Troy
>> www.OfficeArticles.com
>>

>> "Duncare" <Duncare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from
>> >other
>> > pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please
>> > help!!!

0
ng1 (1444)
10/25/2005 2:25:10 AM
Hi

I think Anne has given you very good advice regarding filtering data on your
current sheet, with or without Conditional Formatting to highlight certain
things.

If you insist on moving the data to another sheet, then set up a second
sheet with your criteria for selection, and use Advanced Filter to pull this
data across.

For help on setting up and using Advanced Filter, take a look at
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter02.html

Regards

Roger Govier

Duncare wrote:
> I think you're on the right track.  I have dates on one sheet and when they
> go overdue I'd like them to go onto a seperate sheet in a block of cells
> already set up for that particular inspection.  I have multiple inspections I
> track and I'd like them to go in the correct inspection section.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> "Zack Barresse" wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>I think maybe you are looking for something like this ...
>>
>>Assuming numeric:
>>=IF(Sheet1!A1>40,"Overdue","Ok")
>>
>>Assuming date:
>>=IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30),"Overdue,"Ok")
>>
>>Assuming date 1 week from specified:
>>=IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30)+7,"Overdue,"Ok")
>>
>>HTH
>>
>>--
>>Regards,
>>Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
>>To email, remove the NO SPAM.  Please keep correspondence to the board, as
>>to benefit others.
>>

>>"Duncare" <Duncare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from other
>>>pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please help!!!

0
roger1272 (620)
10/25/2005 10:32:28 AM
I agree with Roger and Anne.  If you can leave it on that sheet, by all
means.  Often times in Excel, though, this is not the case.  I am of the
perspective that data entry should be done on a seperate location/sheet as
opposed to cramming everything on one sheet (i.e. formatting, reporting,
data entry, etc).  Depending on how your workbook structure was setup (this
is depending because I, myself, may take other courses of action dependent
upon what I had) this may or may not be the case.

You may want to think about just bringing over your data to another sheet

=A1
=A2
etc.

And then work on your data there as opposed to trying to fit it on one
sheet.  BUT, this also may not be the best for you, maybe it's more work
than it's worth.  That's a question only you can answer at this point.

HTH

--

>I think you're on the right track.  I have dates on one sheet and when they
> go overdue I'd like them to go onto a seperate sheet in a block of cells
> already set up for that particular inspection.  I have multiple
> inspections I
> track and I'd like them to go in the correct inspection section.  Any
> thoughts?
>
> "Zack Barresse" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I think maybe you are looking for something like this ...
>>
>> Assuming numeric:
>> =IF(Sheet1!A1>40,"Overdue","Ok")
>>
>> Assuming date:
>> =IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30),"Overdue,"Ok")
>>
>> Assuming date 1 week from specified:
>> =IF(Sheet1!A1>DATE(2005,10,30)+7,"Overdue,"Ok")
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
>> To email, remove the NO SPAM.  Please keep correspondence to the board,
>> as
>> to benefit others.
>>

>> "Duncare" <Duncare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to set up an inspection database I need the values from
>> >other
>> > pages to appear when they go overdue in a specific cell.  Please
>> > help!!!

0
firefytrNO (70)

yet another resource editting thread
I need to edit resources at runtime (i.e. the string table, menus, and dialog control sizes). I would like to use the BeginUpdateResource, UpdateResource, and EndUpdateResource functions. One of the problems I have is this: If I load the menu from file with FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, I have the binary menu data, and I can't really manipulate raw binary. If I load the menu with LoadMenu, i have a CMenu, that I can change but I don't know how to convert the final menu back to binary data that I would update with the UpdateResource command. So, how do you update? Another...

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

Insert empty numeric value
Dear all, In VB, I have three textbox which are amount1,amount2 and amount3. After user enter the value in the textbox, I will insert the value into Access table. The table have three columns amount1 , amount2 and amount3, and all are nummeric Type. However, if the user do not enter any value in textbox . The insert statement will become as follows: Insert into table1 (amount1,amount2,amount3) values (,,) Then access complain that there is syntax error in insert statement. Does that mean I cannot insert empty value for the numeric value in access.? How to solve this problem. Than...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

Preveting the business fax appearing as a contact
When I select a name to send an e-mail to, I type in part of the name, press Alt K and the contacts matching that partial name appears. Unfortunately, it gives me two choices for anyone with a fax number. I don't fax from e-mail. Short of modifying the details for hundreds of contacts, is there a way to turn off this "feature" so fax contacts aren't showing up? Thanks No. Outlook considers fax numbers to be valid electronic addresses, since there are many client- and server-based components that can use such addresses. One method to hide fax numbers from the address b...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Make a cell flash
Please help I to make cell b1 flash when it becomes greater than 5 See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm -- Gary's Student "Lloyd" wrote: > Please help I to make cell b1 flash when it becomes greater than 5 see response in excel.misc -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08B5FB85-6AAB-4B7E-ABC1-8CC8E2B61466@microsoft.com... > Please help I to make cell b1 flash when it becomes greater than 5 Thanks for the link. I ...

Making CRM more attractive in Outlook
Hi, I'm new to this site (and MS CRM). I am preparing a presales demo and want to make the outlook (desktop) version of CRM more attractive for users by using the shortcut buttons that CRM provides. I have two questions. One is more Outlook related, really. - Can I create a new view in the navigation pane (like mail, calendar, ...) with my CRM buttons? Right now I have all these buttons under "shortcuts" but that doesn't appeal to the user. - I have once seen a demo where a view was created with all the standard shortcut buttons in a sort of "folder list",...

Replace null value with the previous value?
I have a database that was just imported that has approximately 388000 records. The problem is that there is information about a person in multiple different records but the name did not come across with each record. (So I have 10 records with information for a certain name, but the name only appears in field 1 of the first record and not the subsequent 9, etc.) I need to create a query or expression that will fill field 1 with the preceding value if it is null. This way I will have all the information for field 1 in a manner that I can link and combine data. Simply I need to fil...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Calculating values for empty cells.
Hello. I have a very simple problem that I cannot find the answer to. I have data in two columns, some of the data in one of the columns is missing and I want to automatically extrapolate what the data should be based on the trend. How can I get Excel to fill in empty values without overwriting the known values. Below is a sample of my data. 1500 1600 1700 1800 4000 1887 5700 1900 5500 1910 7300 1912 8100 1920 8800 1926 10100 1930 11900 1936 12200 1938 -- Ryan Taylor rtaylor@stgeorgeconsulting.com Not sure what yo...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

Tab control + having same size for all tabs
Hello All I am working on tab control in which I want to set the same size of all tabs of tab control. I am adding the tabs dynamically . When I saw the .NET style tab control ( Look tab control used in MSDN) , I felt that it is more elegant than the old looked MFC tab control. My ultimate goal is to have the same size for all tabs irrespective of text it has ( MFC's default behaviour shows the full text in tab ) If the text exceeds that width, then It will make it shortened by adding .... ( three dots ) (e.g. "The text of tab...Will Come here" ) , I know that I will have to wri...

Limit value for Storage Groups
Hello, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard edition. The limitation on Storage Groups for e.g. "Issue warning at(KB)" is default set by 2097151. I read that i can change this value by using ADSI Edit and edit the values mDBOverHardQuotaLimit mDBOverQuotaLimit mDBStorageQuota But each of them has a lots of values and i could not find out which one i have to edit. Could you please give me an advice? TIA helpi If you want to set a value bigger than 2GB for all users on an entire mailbox store, bring up the properties of that mailbox store in ADSIEdit and set the mDBStorageQuot...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...

Extract Values from a Column
I have a worksheet used to track time spent on various jobs. One column is for the JOB # while others are for descriptions, etc. I would like to have formulas or possible a macro (if necessary) to sum the time spent on different jobs. For example, say (for simplicity) that each row is equal to 1 unit of time. Then in this row I put 342 for JOB # 342. After the entire day I have worked on say 5 different jobs. I would like to have a cell that says "Total time spent on Job # 342" and then next to it a formula that would look at the column and count all the values that are equal t...

Value shading map issue
I am creating a map in Excel using MS Map to show a US map. When using the value shading function, I can't figure out how to keep the states that have no values blank. What happens is the key shows a range of values (0- 10, 11-20). I need the states that have NO value to have their own color (or lack of color) and I am not sure how to do this... Any suggestions? Chris In your data, you could calculate the state name in a new column, and use the calculated name in the map. For example, if state names are in column D, and values are in column E: =IF(E2=0,"",D2) Th...

Fonts appearing in small caps in MS Outlook
Due to accidental key combinations now the fonts are appearing in small caps on MS Outlook & MS Word alone (2003). MS Excel is fine. I updated the normal.dot & MS Word is ok but Outlook still shows fonts in small caps. The recipient of mails sent from such a user also is affected when Reply or Forward. Beena;111349 Wrote: > Due to accidental key combinations now the fonts are appearing in small > caps > on MS Outlook & MS Word alone (2003). MS Excel is fine. > I updated the normal.dot & MS Word is ok but Outlook still shows fonts > in > sma...