how do I make the first three rows repeat on top of every page?

I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide and 100 to 200
rows long.
I am printing in landscape mode on letter size paper.

I want the first three rows of the very first page to repeat at the top of
each new page that gets printed.

So every time there is a page break it will re-insert the top three rows
before continuing with the row sequence?

Ok,,, so I am a newbe :o)
Thanks for any help.
StardustDave.

Hi Dave
Have a look at Page Setup/Sheet/Rows to repeat box

HTH
Michael

"StardustDave" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide and 100 to 200
> rows long.
> I am printing in landscape mode on letter size paper.
>
> I want the first three rows of the very first page to repeat at the top of
> each new page that gets printed.
>
> So every time there is a page break it will re-insert the top three rows
> before continuing with the row sequence?
>
> Ok,,, so I am a newbe :o)
> Thanks for any help.
> StardustDave.
0
MichaelM (40)
1/29/2006 9:53:27 PM

"Michael M" wrote:

> Hi Dave
> Have a look at Page Setup/Sheet/Rows to repeat box
>
> HTH
> Michael
>
> "StardustDave" wrote:
>
> > I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide and 100 to 200
> > rows long.
> > I am printing in landscape mode on letter size paper.
> >
> > I want the first three rows of the very first page to repeat at the top of
> > each new page that gets printed.
> >
> > So every time there is a page break it will re-insert the top three rows
> > before continuing with the row sequence?
> >
> > Ok,,, so I am a newbe :o)
> > Thanks for any help.
> > StardustDave.

Worked perfect! Thanks Michael.

Count rows b/w values and insert that # of rows elsewhere
Hello, I have a worksheet as follows: ColA ColB ColC A value value value value value value L value value value value I value value value value value value TOTAL The number of rows between A and L and between L and I and between I and TOTAL will vary. (A to L usually 10-15, L-I usually 10-15, I to TOTAL usually 30-150) I'm trying to run VBA (CommandButton) to count the number of rows between each identifier- Dim intRowCountA As Integer Dim intRowCountL As Integer Dim int...

Doubt making a Meeting
Hi I am having a problem. When I am making a meeting with Outlook 2000 (Exchange Enabeled), I get the details of each meeting arranged with one of the assistances. All other assistances show only disponibility info with the blue line, but with one I get not only this line, but all the info for each meeting when I place the mouse arrow on the blue line for this assistance. Does anyone knows why I am able to see all this info, and how to correct this to show me only the blue line and no more info? Thanks Christian Tools->Options->Calendar->Show calendar details in grid - uncheck ...

comparing two rows, then highting?
I use excel to make up lists of keywords. I enter a different word (or several words) to each row, but as there can be hundreds of rows, I'm looking for a quick way to identify (background colour perhaps) rows with matching words (after doing an alphabetical sort, so matching rows are together) so I can delete the duplicates. Am I being to ambitious? Any help appreciated, oh.. KIS please :o) Thanks in advance of any help and guidance you can give. Use conditional formatting. Format>Conditional Formatting Choose 'Cell Value Is' Then 'Equal To' - put in the word ...

How do I make a process map in Excel?
I want to draw a chart showing a full process map in Excel Please define what you mean byprocess map. There are many possible meanings "The Hard Worker" wrote: > I want to draw a chart showing a full process map in Excel Do you want to make a flow chart? That's done by drawing autoshapes (rectangles, etc.) and connecting them with the Connector autoshapes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ The Hard Worker wrote: > I want to draw a chart showing a full process map ...

Making a discount matrix in Excel...
I need to make an automatic discount matrix whereby any calls made on the phone are discounted for each portion of their amount. For example, a phone user had made �132.45, and the first 19.99 (1)of call charges had a discount of 6%, then the next 14.99 (2) of calls after that had a discount of 8%, the next 14.99 (3) after that had a discount of 12% and any call charges remaining after that had a discount of 16% (4) this would make a complete discount of �17.39. As you can see, this is done for four stages only, 1 of �19.99 and 3 sets of �14.99. I need to be able to put a list of call charges ...

Return repeating values?
Hi all... I work at a graduate school college and would like to write a forumla in an excel spreadsheet that will return the values in a column that repeat more than three times... For example, we want to publish the undergraduate schools attended by more than 3 of our students... So, in the column containing undergrad school, I want to return those schools that occur > 3 times. That's the first question... And I covet your help. Thanks so much! Brian Hi one way. insert the following formula in a helper column =COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,A1) and copy down Now filter all rows with a valu...

Getting every email twice
Recently I've been getting every email twice. I contacted my ISP but they say it's a software problem. It happens in Outlook and Outlook Express. Can anyone offer a solution? Bill Davidson Bill, Some months ago I was having the same problem and more so. One correspondent's messages would appear 7 times in the inbox, 7 times in a subfolder, and again 7 times in the folder with his name. I solved my problem by deleting all rules and started over. Worked like a charm... "Bill Davidson" <wd015a9588@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:ll5qh.50805$QY6.2665...

Need different page sizes for each page in a catalog
If I go to "page setup" and change the page width for each individual page, it will globally change all page sizes. Is there a way to disable this so that I can make every other page 1/2 inch larger? This will make a "tabbed" brochure/catalog for me that I really need for a project! Thanks in advance for any advice! Cat <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to disable this so that I can make every other page > 1/2 inch larger? No, you cannot apply different sizes to different pages. You could create separate p...

Different margins on odd/even pages
Hello - Anyone have code or tricks to format an Access report for binding? For example, with 1" margin on left and 0.5" margin on right for odd pages, and 0.5" margin on left and 1" margin on right for even pages. Works in most other Office apps, but not Access? Many thanks, rpf One way to do this is to set half inch margins, and move the controls across the page in the Format even of the Page Header section. This example assumes you put the unmoved position of each control you want to move into its Tag property. The value should be in twips, where 1440 twips = 1...

How to delete extra rows in a table?

The $ thing to lock cells at rows or columns
Hi group, I do know how manually modify the content of a cell so that when "pulling it" to autocomplete into further rows and columns one can lock either row or column. Like =$I$10 It is rather cumbersome though getting the $ sign where it must be. Once I knew a combination of keys that fixed that for me, but I have forgotten. And if one is optimistic enough to enter the $ sign in the help search function one is in for a reminder of who made this software. So I have to ask you guys and girls. Is there still a clever way to have the =$I$10, or has that been discarded with the ba...

How do I print a sent message without having to open it first?
Outlook do not want to allow me to use the right click print option on the message of my choice in my sent message folder without asking me to open it first. ...

How to allow arbitrary content but make one requirement
Hi, I have a schema which is fine except for one part giving me trouble: (...) <xs:element name="DOC"> <xs:complexType mixed="true"> <xs:sequence> <xs:any processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" /> <xs:element ref="IEOutput" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:attribute name="ADEPTID" type="xs:string" use="required" /> <xs:anyAttribute processContents="lax" /> &l...

Why double click on row line moves me on the end of sheet?
I often work with Microsoft Excel 2003, but one thing makes me angry. Every time I double click on row line (when I try to double click field and I hit line by mistake), my selection moves to the end of the sheet. Why Excel does it? I don't think that anyone uses this for moving down. Would you mind changing this into next version of MS Excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Prevent Users from Creating Top Level public folders
Is there a way that i can prevent the users from creating top level public folders in ex 2003 sp1? We want to control the creation of public folders. I tried changing the security properties for public folders in the exchg system manager, but it would not let me. Regards, Garrett Felix "Garrett Felix" <gfelix@medifit.com> wrote in news:#Klb4N7gEHA.396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Is there a way that i can prevent the users from creating top level > public folders in ex 2003 sp1? We want to control the creation of > public folders. I tried changing the security prop...

Outlook 2000 calendar save as web page wrong dates.
Hi, When I save my calendar as a web page the dates are in error. This has just occurred in year 2005. Microsoft's site says it is a known issue but gives no details of how to resolve it. Anybody got any ideas? Regards Brian. Hi Brian, According to KB EN-US;891521 this issue is still under investigation. You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;891521 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- ...

Excel Slow inserting rows
Hi, I have had this problem now on 1 machine where if the user goes to insert a new row in a spreadsheet it sometimes takes 8/9 seconds and then carrys on. Sometimes it does it as it should, ie instantly other times it delays. The pc is running Windows 2000 and its an XP2200 CPU with 256mb of ram. His older machine did this job faster, I have already re-installed Windows once with no Joy and ive even tried both Excel 97 and Excel 2003 - with the same results. I have tried disabling anti-virus (no firewall because its behind a network firewall and router), ive checked for common probl...

Changing the second # in Page # of #
In MS Word 2007, I am trying to add a Page # of # to a portion of a report and cannot find how to change the count to just count the section and not the entire document. For example: document is 10 pages long including cover page and table of contents so when I add the page # of # it says 1 of 10... I want it to say 1 of 8, exempting the cover page and table of contents. Thanks! Press ALT+F9 Change the{Numpages} field to a {SectionPages} field then press F9 to update and ALT+F9 to display the result. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><...

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Change Row Numbers in Formula with Macro
=IF(February!I16=0,"",February!I16) I am using this formula but would like to develope a macro to update the Row number(16) to Row number(17) automatically. I do not wish to change anything except the Row number and am not sure how to do this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you Frank Hi why not use 'Edit - Replace' for this? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:129401c4f27e$71f2dfc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > =IF(February!I16=0,"",February!I16) > >...

Makeing a row to be invisible.
Hi, Without using VBA, how can I make a row of cells to be invisible base on value of another cell. for example: make a row to be invisible (by setting row's text color same as background color) if another cell's value is equal to zero. Thanks in advance. Select row to hide. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$A$2=0 Format>Font>Color.......white OK your way out. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:21:33 -0800, "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Without using VBA, how can I make a row of cells to be ...

How can I make a program which have a same icon with 'winmine'
Hi. I'd like to make a program whick have a same icon with 'winmine.exe', window's defualt application, "in taskbar". The keyword "in taskbar" is important. Bacause in my point of view, my application must do work. But it does not. I did like this. Fist, I extracted a icon of winmine.exe with vc.net Through it, I can get a icon of winmine.exe And I made a default mfc program, dialog base, I changed the icon with a new icon. It's all that i did. You can see the result, and can find it's a little different. http://bluegene.mireene.com/data/icon.bmp...

How to suppress repeating password prompts and scope pre-emption?
Outlook (2003,2007, perhaps other versions also) has an absolutely enraging feature seemingly devised to intentionallly cause major distress and anguish on the parts of its users, to wit: Whenever an email account provider computer decides the account has been open too long and requests a new logon, (ATT/Yahoo) or an account was never able to log on in the first place (bad password) a window periodically pops up and the keyboard entry goes directly into the password field with no warning. I am often typing an email etc. and find that the previous paragraph of text, some of i...