How do i make certain words automatically bold themselves.

I need certain words in my scedules to be bold.  I dont want to have to go
through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
Please help.
0
Skyline (4)

right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this. I commented out other
examples

If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub

            'Target.Offset(, -1) = Target.Row
            'If Target > 4 Then Target.Borders.Weight = xlThick
            ''If Target = "jj" Then Target.Font.Bold = True

Select Case Target
Case "jj", "kk", "ll" : Target.Font.Bold = True
End Select
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"INFO@Skyline" <INFO@Skyline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need certain words in my scedules to be bold.  I dont want to have to go
> through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
> have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
> Please help.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
11/9/2006 4:30:06 PM
Are these words by themselves in a cell or part of other text in a cell?

Which words do you want bolded?

Are they located in any particular range?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:10:02 -0800, INFO@Skyline
<INFO@Skyline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need certain words in my scedules to be bold.  I dont want to have to go
>through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
>have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
>Please help.

0
Gord
11/9/2006 5:07:25 PM
Gordon,

for example:

Stainless Steel Wall Mounted Handrail at Auditorium

all of the above is in a single cell together.  only stainless steel would
need to be in bold.   they are in column B which is labeled description with
no codes.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Are these words by themselves in a cell or part of other text in a cell?
>
> Which words do you want bolded?
>
> Are they located in any particular range?
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

> On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:10:02 -0800, INFO@Skyline
> <INFO@Skyline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I need certain words in my scedules to be bold.  I dont want to have to go
> >through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
> >have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
> >Please help.

this makes absolutly no sence to me.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this. I commented out other
> examples

> If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub
>
>             'Target.Offset(, -1) = Target.Row
>             'If Target > 4 Then Target.Borders.Weight = xlThick
>             ''If Target = "jj" Then Target.Font.Bold = True
>
> Select Case Target
> Case "jj", "kk", "ll" : Target.Font.Bold = True
> End Select
> End Sub
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "INFO@Skyline" <INFO@Skyline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need certain words in my scedules to be bold.  I dont want to have to go
> > through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to
> > have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
> > Please help.

Sub boldselectedword()
myword = "bbb"
fc = InStr(activecell, myword)
lc = Len(myword)
ActiveCell.Characters(fc, lc).Font.Bold = True
End Sub

--
> Gordon,
>
> for example:
>
> Stainless Steel Wall Mounted Handrail at Auditorium
>
> all of the above is in a single cell together.  only stainless steel would
> need to be in bold.   they are in column B which is labeled description
> with
> no codes.
>

> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Are these words by themselves in a cell or part of other text in a cell?
>>
>> Which words do you want bolded?
>>
>> Are they located in any particular range?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>

>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:10:02 -0800, INFO@Skyline
>> <INFO@Skyline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I need certain words in my scedules to be bold.  I dont want to have to
>> >go
>> >through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like
>> >have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
>> >Please help.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
11/9/2006 8:59:43 PM
to do all in selection

Sub bsw()
myword = "bbb"
For Each c In Selection
fc = InStr(c, myword)
MsgBox fc
lc = Len(myword)
MsgBox lc
If fc > 0 Then c.Characters(fc, lc).Font.Bold = True
Next
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
dguillett1@austin.rr.com
"INFO@Skyline" <INFOSkyline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gordon,
>
> for example:
>
> Stainless Steel Wall Mounted Handrail at Auditorium
>
> all of the above is in a single cell together.  only stainless steel would
> need to be in bold.   they are in column B which is labeled description
> with
> no codes.
>

> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Are these words by themselves in a cell or part of other text in a cell?
>>
>> Which words do you want bolded?
>>
>> Are they located in any particular range?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>

>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:10:02 -0800, INFO@Skyline
>> <INFO@Skyline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I need certain words in my scedules to be bold.  I dont want to have to
>> >go
>> >through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like
>> >have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future.
>> >Please help.

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Message automatically deleted after opening
I am using Windows Mail in Vista 32 bit Home Premium. Recently I have been encountering a problem with my e-mails. I open an e-mail and close it after it is read. If I proceed to go to another folder and, then return to the Inbox, the message that I read is no longer there. It doesn't go to the Delete Folder or, any other folder that I have set up. Does anyone know why this is happening and, how I can fix it. Thanks. -- Floridaguy "Floridaguy" <Floridaguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53C48531-DCA8-45BE-8C65-97B19E28B977@microsoft.c...

Automatic Send/Receive When Closed
I have Outlook 2002 and it used to send and recieve when I was not in the program itself. It was actually kind of handy. A little mail icon would show up in the system try to let me know email was there. It was great when I was doing other work. It was also good becuase when I am at the office, I can download my email when I sync my mobile device with my computer. How do I get that back? Any ideas? ...

QUICK WORD on Exchange 2003 Consolidation
We have 8 Exchange 5.5 and 23 at another subsidiary - all across the world. Asides from reading the hundreds of pages on the consolidation to Exchange 2003 - CAN someone please just highlights some of the things 2003 brings to the table - technology wise the enables us to consolidate? I would hate to migrate to Scalix (not cause of platform - just cause it is untested and unnown). Thanks. MK: Exchange 2000/2003 bring a lot to the table for an Exchange shop. Basically, it adds the capability to host more accounts per server. Instead of being locked in to a single mailbox store p...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

If Count is not in a certain range, delete Rows
I have a spreadsheet that is 59752 x 2, with the one column Contact ID A and the other column Contact Link ID. It is like an instant messaging system. It looks something like this: 1 2 1 3 1 15 2 1 2 15 I want to count by different values in column A, and any count that is not within one of several ranges, those rows get deleted. So if the range is 3-5 contacts, then I want to keep the set of 1s, but delete the set of 2s. My ranges are 4-5 contacts, 30-41 contacts, and 100+ contacts. I am also brand new to macros, but I have experience with some other coding ...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

Money 2005
Option to start statement download when the program starts does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows button. What is wrong with the setup? I think this may be a WinXP issue... I was using Money 2005 with Win98SE and automatic updates worked (or at least happened) but recently upgraded to WinXP SP2 and now I too have to manually click the "Update Now" option... I have also noticed that some settings do not get saved between Money sessions... for example, the Update Status Dialog that has the "Hide this window during update" checkbox... well...

editing cells automatically???
Why is it that some spreadsheets will not allow you to edit cells automatically when tabbing between windows? i.e. some spreadsheets will require you to double click in the cell to continue editing once you navigate away from that spreadsheet. Not too clear on your problem but............ Is it possible you have separate instances of Excel running with different editing options? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 14:25:01 -0700, yogiiyogee <yogiiyogee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why is it that some spreadsheets will not allow you to edit cell...

OL2003 Signature Advanced Edit
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop (I've been using it on a previous laptop without this problem). I have Word 2003 selected in Outlook to edit my email messages (in the Tools:Options:Mail Format menu). When I attempt to create a new email signature using the Advanced Edit option (to open Word as the editor), Word Pad is launched instead of Word. I have searched all the menus, the Knowledge Base and archives here, scratched my head 'til I'm nearly bald... I can't come up with a solution. I've always had Word launch with the press of that button before. And ...

Changing Source excel file causes links in word to fail
I've got a Word document with about 600 links to an excel spreadsheet. Updating the links works fine until the source excel file is changed thenword changes some portion of the links from Unformatted Text to a spreadsheet cell. Changing the links manually or with a macro there are some observed changes in the links. The cells that change are changed from Automatic to Manual and this happens to all of the cells on a single Excel row. There's nothing wrong with the data and the spreadsheet formats are identical. When I go back to the original settings I can change the ...

how do i set an auto date function in excel or word?
I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the document or report is prepared. =NOW() "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the > document or report is prepared. for excell Go to View> Header & footer >custom header footer then click on the clock pic & the date pic (choose 1st if you want it in the left middle or right feild) For word basically the same Cheers peterm "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatica...

how do I make a fileofax size diary

Error message on starting word
on starting up word I get the following message: "Some macros in this template will not run properly in this version of Word. Please contact your administrator or the macro vendor for an updated version of the template." Does any one have any ideas about what is causing this or even better how to fix it. You probably have installed an add-in for an earlier Word version that is incompatible with your current version. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microso...

bullets in Word 2007
I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER twice, I want to go back to the Normal style. Instead I stay in my style but with the bullet gone. Is there any way I can get back to Normal, using ENTER, ENTER? The easiest way to reapply the Normal style after a numbered list would be to just press Ctrl+Shift+N. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Maria" <ma@lexiconsult.se> wrote in message news:d0826bb6-060f-4038-8bb1-14291881cc90@s12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER...

Activity Appointment Closed automatic
When I have an activity that is an appointment, it seems that there is an automatic mechanism that closes the activity next Day. So, users cannot change anything on that activity. All fields are disabled as it must be on a closed activity. But usually users, want to comment their appointments the next day they saw up at office. The only thing they can do is to add Notes, but this is not what they actually want to do. Is there any way to find and change the funtion that closes activities that are appointments next day after the scheduled time ? Regards Elias Kitsopoulos Login Ltd Software De...

Incident should be create automatically like c360 products
With any parameters or config, Incidents should be created automatically like EmailToCase c360 product. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b9224b9-28b...

making the header larger in Outlook 2007
I am a new Outlook 07 user. Is there a way to increase the size of the To; From: Subject line when composing or reading an email? LindaH wrote: > I am a new Outlook 07 user. Is there a way to increase the size of the To; > From: Subject line when composing or reading an email? They get as wide as you make the window. To increase the font size? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookti...

Word randomly changing my figures and tables captions
I'm trying to format a large document, with over 150 tables and figures in it. I've used captions to label them all, but I'm now finding that Word is randomly changing some that I have specified as 'table' to 'figure' and vice versa. This particularly seems to be happening with tables and figures that appear on the same page, but is not restricted to these instances. As soon as I change one caption back to the correct type, the one below will change itself to the wrong type again! I need the captions to remain as I've entered them for my table of f...

Pasting excel into word
I am pasting excel spreadsheet items into word and all of a sudden it is pasting the grid lines...I do not want the grid lines to show...I have been doing this the same way for years...copy/paste special/picture and never had this problem....help...presentation has to be done tonight Hi, Make sure the gridlines aren't visible in Excel. Note: You'll get a better resolution image if you paste the data in the Excel workbook format. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Help..." <Help...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B72F66...

Word 2007 Show Markup checkmarks and Date/Time Issue
Hi, I have a new HP desktop computer and finally got Word 2007. I have two questions. In the Review section of Word 2007, the Show Markup subsection has checkmarks for ink, comments, etc. as the default selection. Is there any way to change this default and uncheckmark them so it isn't automatic? I have looked everywhere online for a solution and can't find one. Second, in the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor, the time is showing as usual. However, when I first got my computer (last week), it also showed the date (I loved this feature). After re-starting my compute...

Word 2007
Please help! I have a new laptop with Word 2007, and am trying to use common punctuation: []\{}| ;':" ,./<>? shows up in word as ^çà¨ÇÀ ;è:È ,.é‘”É what has happened to my keyboard? Is it possessed Are you saying that some keys on your keyboard have an accented letter, probably in a different color? The documentation that came with your computer (or the manufacturer's website) will tell you how to switch back and forth between its character sets. There's probably a key for it. This isn't a W...

Automatic refresh grid
When our support people are trying to monitor queues it is not very practical to expect them to continue pressing the refresh button every few minutes. Is there any method to automatically refresh the grid? Any help would be greatly appricated This is not supported way. http://localhost/workplace/home_workplace.aspx if you look at the code in that page and the code below you will see the line of code used to force the page to refresh eveyr 5 seconds. Note that modifying pages like this is unsupported. Inherits="Microsoft.Crm.Web.Workplace.HomeWorkplacePage" CodeBehind="M...

Opening Publisher documents in word.
I have a manager who sends out documents in publisher format. My location does not have publisher. I must send the file to an IT for conversion before I can view it. I cannot equire my superior to change his file format, and I am not permitted to purchase software. I have looked at the news group and there are many posts from people with this problem. In business it does not pay to use a format that others cannot see, or must do extra work for. Why can I not open publisher documents in word? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the s...

Quick Campaigns should store a copy of the word document
When creating a quick campaign with mail-merge by letter, CRM does not store a copy of the word document used. Instead it just stores the name of the template (if one was used). It would be very useful to store one copy of the actual word document (perhaps in the information tab of the quick campaign itself). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...

Can I open a word 2002 document in Access 2003 for edit?
Hi I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? Stapes Have you tried it? Seems reasonable to test you problem and ask for help if it doesn't work correctly. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > > I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do > it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? > > Stapes > ...