how do I increase drop list font and box size I created

Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size
0
cdietz1 (1)

If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set
at 8pt

Dropdown box height cannot be changed.

For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site
on DV Lists.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size

0
Gord

Best way to get a pick-list on a form?
Is there a safe and effective way to get a pick list of values for a Standard Outlook form? Maybe a Macro button? What I want is to limit and auto-enter some properties, without having to re-do an entire form. Simple, or no? -- dBaser from back in the day ... It might be simple, but it's hard to say without knowing exactly what you mean by "standard Outlook form" and what business goals you're trying to accomplish, in what version of Outlook. Please provide more details. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Ju...

Text boxes not resizing correctly
Hello all, I have a publisher document that's made up of text boxes, and is postcard sized. When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes bunch up, even if they are grouped together. I think it has something to do with the fact that the 'keep position relative' box is disabled when I try to format the text boxes. Any idea what's going wrong? Thanks, Anna A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Anna <itssteps@yahoo.com>!"... > When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes > bunch up, ...

Send on Behalf of Distribution List #2
We are currently using Exchange 2003 in a W2k3 Active Directory environment. I would like to be able to allow a person to send an e-mail on behalf of a Distribution List. How do I do that? I do not see a Send On Behalf of property in the DL. The closest thing I've found is the Send As property in the Security tab, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? As far as I know, this is not possible. You can only do a send on behalf of another Mailbox. If you have Send As rights you can put the DL in the From box, but it will not display the "on behalf of". "MMC [MCP]...

Combo Box Wiard. How to launch it ?
How/where can i launch the "Combo Box Wizard" ? Please tell me step by step . Thank you so much, Dear expert ! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit Open your form in design view Select View Select Toolbox Select Combo Box (click the icon) Click the form somewhere Follow the instructions on the wizard -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ali" wrote: > How/where can i launch the "Combo Box Wizard" ? > > Please tell me step by step . > > Thank you so much, Dear expert ! > > -- > Allen Phailat Wongakanit This is assuming, of course, that the...

C++ Interfaces (was "Re: Get Allocated Block Size") [0]
"Chris Cranford" <chris.cranford@tkdsoftware.com> wrote in message news:wcNNTP.01c34336.24d80e20.1000.1057436717@tkdsoftware.com... > Well, I opted to use a different approach by having two variables in the > dialog: > > DWORD m_dwObjectType; > LPVOID m_lpObjectData; > > This way the data is set the LPVOID and the object type is set using a set > of constant variables that identify object types. Then, the dialog can > recast the LPVOID data to the approach object type structure based on the > object type DWORD. Proved to make more sense.......

Control Toolbox: How do I use the "Combo Box?"
Hi, I need a drop down box in a particular cell, getting it there is easy, putting what I want in the drop down box/list is not! How do I get a "List" in the the combo box to read: 1, and then under that number I want 2, all the way up to 5. I want it to work so that I can see the drop down box and when it is selected I can see the numbers 1 thru 5 following each other in order, below each other. I have tried "Edit" under "Combo Box Object", that doesn't work! If I double click the "Combo Box" in the cell, I go into a "Microsoft Visual Basic&qu...

How do I get the combo box to link with costs field in the table?
I have a database which I am trying to figure out. I have a field in the table which is the names of the cars and there is a price field. How do I link both of them up so that when I create a form and select the different car the different prices can appear. Can someone offer some help with this Please! Samiullah, We can't help until we know how you have your table set up. Is the CarName and the CarPrice in the same table? If they are in different tables, do you have a unique key field in each table that "relates" the CarName in one table with a CarPri...

creating a visual studio project template
I have a barebones dialog application that has all the workings to connect and communicate to my backend app I have created. I want to use this as a basis to start all frontend/client app, however it is a pain to copy the whole solution and manually replace the old template project name to the new project name. I tried looking online on creating templates, however nothing has been working. the file->export to template... menu item is greyed out and I did come across one poster who said you are SOL trying to create a C++ template, is this true? Nick Schultz wrote: > I have a...

Loads of spam in Cyrillic font
Folks, In Windows-7 live mail, I'm getting loads of spam, and about 98% of it is in Cyrillic font. I went to Tools/Safety/International/Blocked Encoding List and selected all fonts (including Cyrillic, of course) except European, Latin and American ASCII, but it doesn't stop these mails. There is a note that says "Only for POP/IMAP accounts. Mine is POP and SMTP, so I guess I should be OK? Am I doing something wrong? If I could get rid of this noise (AKA crap), it would make the spam I get almost manageable. Thanks, MikeC A message rule perhaps? Use a ...

Increase Checkbox Size
Hello all, How can I increase the size of a checkbox control in Excel 2000 - increasing the width and height parameters increases the area surrounding the checkbox but not the actual box itself. I need to increase the size of the box so that it is clearly visible when the worksheet is viewed at 50% zoom. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. You cannot increase the size of the checkbox. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mr Snrub" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d601c3b944$75c9a5d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >...

How do I add items to a custom pick list?
I added a custom field to CRM and specified a datatype of "PickList." This gives me a drop down box with a single item of value "default". How do I add other items to the list? NEVERMIND I found it. Under "properties" in custom design you hardcode the list. "Dave F" <dave@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uRBOlwAcEHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I added a custom field to CRM and specified a datatype of "PickList." > > This gives me a drop down box with a single item of value "default". > > How do I add...

create an expense requisition form
Can you please help me to learn how to create an expense requisition form? thanks, ml Being by looking here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "desesperada123" wrote: > Can you please help me to learn how to create an expense requisition form? > thanks, > ml You could start by browsing the MS Template Gallery http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Search for "expense" or "requisition" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2...

MIDL Problem by creating TypeLib from IDL
Hi, I receive the following error message when I call the MIDL compiler to create a Typlib from an IDL File (translated from german): "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be found." The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. How can I solve this problem? Thanks Christian > "The application can not be startet, because mspdb60.dll could not be > found." > The mspdb60.dll exists on the computer. The error number 1003 is shown. Is mspdb60.dll in a location described in you PATH environment variable? It s...

How to Set Remember List Sorts in HQ Manager
How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts? I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To remember how you searched for a customer or Inventory Item. I know it is possible in SO Manager is not available in HQ? Thanks Just bumping this thread to try to get a Microsoft MSFT Monitor to answer it. -- HQ 2.0 / RMS 2.0 4 Lanes, 4 Back Office Server 2003 SP2 "DDowningMO" wrote: > How do you tell HQ Manager to remember List Sorts? > > I can't find any where to set HQ manager to remember Lists Sorts. To > remember how you searche...

How do I move what's Tasks in Archive Folders to the To Do List?
I have migrated data from an old Sharp organiser to Outlook, but unfortunately what was the To Do database on the organiser has gone into Outlook's Tasks in Archives Folders. I would like to move all those Tasks to Outlook's To Do List. How do I do that? tasks and to do lists are the same thing, it sounds like you just have to move them from archive folder tasks to the tasks under your mailbox. "CharlesB" wrote: > I have migrated data from an old Sharp organiser to Outlook, but > unfortunately what was the To Do database on the organiser has gone in...

Invalid Argument Creating New RUS or Address list
Invalid argument Facility: win32 ID no: 80070057 Exchange System Manager When I select new --> RUS I get this error is ESM. anyone have this issue? ...

ReportToPDF font question
Hello All, Maybe someone has come across this problem before. I have been using Stephen Lebans ReportToPDF for sometime now and LOVE IT (Thanks Stephen!!!). I have an Access database, tables on SQL Server and front being accessed thru Terminal Services with an HP LaserJet 4 printer. When I send the report to .pdf the font changes from Times New Roman to Arial! The .snp is in Times New Roman, so my thought is it's not the utility or Access and I just want a confirmation and to know if anyone has run into this problem and has a suggestion (a fix would be nice too!). Big THANKS, G...

Error creating a new entity
When i try to create a new entity, i get the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." There is no entry in the log files. i have CRM3.0 running on a win2003 entr. ed. I tried lots of solutions, many in which case it was a problem with users/rights. But no solution workd jet. try to enable DevErrors in the CRM web application, web.config and simulate the job again and to see the details of the problem... "Geert ten Napel" <Geert ten Napel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015EEA83-FCE3-44C0-BAA1-27D...

Creating column content based on another column's keyword(s)
All: I'm trying to create a -new- *Category* column based on keywords from pre-existing *Names* column. For example, if the *Names* column is full of US maps (e.g. Abielene TX; Akron, OH; etc.), the *Category* column's adjacent cell woul contain just the state: A2: Abielene, TX | B2: TX A3: Akron, OH | B3: OH etc. At its simplest, the *Category* column could just be the firs letter/number/charc of *Names* column. Basically, I'm looking for the proverbial quick n' dirty macro scrip to achieve these results. Thx! K -- KHashmi31 --------------------------------------...

Change default font in week view?
Outlook 2003 How do I change default font in yhe calendar's week view? -- Thanks... Bob ...

Pivot table drops columns on refresh
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with appx 100 columns and 500 rows, that we use as a source for 15 odd pivot tables. When we refresh, about 30-40% of the time, it drops several columns. 20 of our columns are dates for the next 20 weeks of the year. When it drops them from the table, it also drops them from any subsequent calculated fields, forcing me to recreate the sheet multiple times. Strangely, it drops the first and last weeks of the months, but not the middle ones. Does anyone know of a way to get Excel to keep the tables from dropping fields? Thanks, jason This is a known pr...

Emailing from a Distribution List
I am trying to send an email using a distribution list. I don't want the email recipients to see the email addresses of all others who received this email. I do however want the email to be addressed to the person I am sending it to. If I use the BCC feature which is a good feature for hiding everyone's email addresses, the email iin the "To" box is addressed to myself not the person I am sending it to. To me this is weird. I think what I am looking for is a "blind To" feature not a "blind cc". Does anyone have any ideas as to how I c...

How to call function of Dialog box from custom tree control class?
Hi to all, I am creating a dialog based apllication in MFC. In which I have created my own Tree class derived from CTreeCtrl which shows all the image files and folders(.bmp,.jpg etc). Now my problem is when user selects the file from tree ctrl that image should be displayed in the dialog box. I tried to call the function of dialog box's ShowImages(CString strPath) from tree controls OnSelectionChanged event handler function but it fails for assertion at the time of CClientDC dc(this); this function. Tree is in the same dialog where i want show the Images. P...

Create "One" Record from the "Many" Table
I have a Relationship between two tables. TableOne holds the client data. TableMany holds the InvoiceData. Referential Integrity enforced. InvoiceForm based on a query with data from the two tables, linked by ClientNumber from TableMany. When an invoice is created, the user enters ClientNumber and the client details appear. My question is about creating an invoice for a client not in TableOne. Is there some way to have the Client Record in TableOne created if it does not already exist, without opening the Client Data Input Form? Just the ClientNumber Field needs to be populated, all ot...

how to import item list into rms pos?
Hi, i have large list of items, how could i import them into RMS? any tools? -Cheng ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=49285b9f-5601-48f0-a664-6928de770384&...