how do I import a csv files to execl and be extrad on clume auto

0
saber55 (1)

Money cannot locate file...
I purchased a new computer with Money 2003 pre-loaded. I am running 2001 on the old computer which also came pre- loaded. When I attempt to run the old money file in the 2003 program, I get the message: Money cannot locate the file C:\My Money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or the disk drive is write protected. It goes on to say I should make sure no one else is using it. I am certain the file is not protected, I am logged on as administrator, and I have copied the file using the LAN and a CD into numerous direc...

Insert file name into header
I need a macro or something that automatically insert the file name of the excel file into the header or footer, does not matter which, i dont need the directory path. Either this or automatically insert into the header or footer the contents of a specific cell in the worksheet. the cell address will never change., if i create a new worksheet, same cell address needs to go into the header thanks pat Try here: http://www.mrexcel.com/tip055.shtml best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Patrick" <Patrick@di...

Can't delete Outlook 2002 restored data files
My Windows XP Pro system crashed due to a hardware failure, and I had to restore my data once I reloaded a clean copy of Windows XP. I restored my Outlook data (PST files) to my D: drive thinking that I didn't want to overlay the current PST file, and would just import the data for it afterwards. I have managed to copy the data into my current Outlook PST file, but now I can't delete the folder structure that was created by my restore operation (i.e., "Documents and Settings" folder on D: drive) with all of its subfolders. I receive the error, "Cannot delete Ou...

Creating records in one file whilst editing another file
I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee file. Each time a record is changed I would like to create an audit record in a separate file. I do not need any input from the user when creating the record as all the information is implied (date, time, user, before and after values etc.) I would be interested to know what people think the easiest way to do this would be...?? All opinions welcome - the more the merrier. Thanks, Jon. 88Caddy wrote: >I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee >file. Each time a record is changed I would ...

import/export bookmarks ..
Hi, Is it possible to export/import bookmarks from VS 2005? My work environment is using VSS. From time to time, I would have to override my local version of programs with the server's (when difference is too huge). Then I had everything new in the *.vcproj. However, bookmarks (or even debugging break points) are the ones that I don't want to lose. Just like visual options can be imported/exported, I wonder if I can do the same thing for bookmarks per sln (solution). Thanks for any help. Tony ...

Can't get imported address book to work right
I have an outlook address book I saved. It comes up in Outlook Express, but it doesn't integrate itself. (Where it comes up as a window in the lower left corner like it should.) How can I fix it ? Thanks. You might want to post more accurate information. Outlook does not even have an address book. What do you mean? I suspect you aren't even asking about Outlook, are you? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "HandyMan" <luke77561@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1181348733.851379.220610@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have an outlook address book I saved. It come...

How to go back from 350 worksheet to the first worksheet in 1 file
Hi.. i hv 1 question to ask. Assume that i have more than 200 worksheet into 1 excel file, so imaging that i need to go back to the first worksheet from 350 page. So how should i do? Can i add the button like 'GO BACK TO FIRST PAGE' inside the 350 page, so when i click that button, it will go back to the first page, or any better suggesstion? Thanks in advanced. Regards, Wilmos Lee Hi try right-clicking with your mosue on the sheet navigation buttons in the lower left corner of your workbook. This should open a list of all your worksheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

unable to import/export in Outlook 2002
Hello all, I recently recovered from a crash caused by a corrupted RAM chip. The only data I lost was the existing emails, contacts, etc. from Outlook. I tried to import a saved .pst file but I cannot get past the first screen in the import/export wizard. No matter which option I select from the first screen, the only functional button that works is the "cancel" button. I've used the detect and repair option of Office to no avail. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled Office, again to no avail. There must be some other file that was lost in my crash that is preventing Out...

returning to file previously worked on after closing it.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Appleworks, whenever I returned to the file I had been using (eg the manuscript I had been working on) the last page I had been editing would open up. But in Word, it always opens at the first page of the document and i have to scroll down many pages to reach the page I had been last working on. <br> Is there a short cut? A couple of the simplest & most direct solutions: Once the file opens key Command+End. If using a laptop or compact keyboard you may need to use the fn key along with that. ...

Importing data from external stencil
Is there any other tag that can be used instead of Foreign tag which embedsthe bitmap pic of the object in the stencil for importing data from external stencil file?? Not quite sure what you're asking. Perhaps consider making a grouped shape, then putting the bitmap inside the group as a sub-shape. If you have an imported bitmap just sitting on the page and hit Ctrl+G, that will make it a group too. The bitmap will suddenly be a sub-shape of the group, and the group will be a "normal" shape. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "ramaadevi" <ramaadev...

excel e-mail file
i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >-----Original Message----- >i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. >i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. >is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >. >never mind, i was able to open it with microsoft access. Hi there is a free Excel viewer available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA- 4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN HTH Frank anonymous@discussions.m...

receiving mdb files
I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send me Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get Outlook 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } "Lisa Simpson" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OsvVaR$9EHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send >me > Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get > Outlook > 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } > > Tell your sender to rename the file to <filename>.mdx (or whatever extension you like that...

Publsher cannot open the file
I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it today to update it. I keep getting the above message. I have tried the following 1. Turning off Norton Anti-Virus 2. Opening the file on 3 different computers, one of which is not running Norton 3. Opening the file in Safe Mode Nothing is working! I have several graphics embedded in the publication - all from microsoft. I really don't want to waste another day redoing the entire publication. Any suggestions? cslviola wrote: > I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it > today to update it. I keep getting th...

Problem Opening Files #2
When an attempt to open an Exel file by double clicking on the file icon in Windows Explorer the Exel window opens (without any workbook present) and the following error message is displayed: "Cannot find the file 'C:\***.XLS (or one of its components) Make sure the path (... etc)" The file can be opened by using the open command within Exel. This problem first appeared while running MS Office under Windows 98 but has persisted since upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. I have tried Windows update and repairing the program automatically from 'ADD / REMOVE PROGRA...

Auto Populate
I need to contact someone who has some pretty extensive knowledge of excel that can help me fix my workbook. i can send a copy to you so that you could be able to take a look at it. i have an weekly agenda that i populate with a data list. can i get it to auto populate other sheets when i select which day it is on the indivdual sheets? here is some more info: Day1 is from B4:B37, Day2 is from G4:G37 , Day3 is from L4:L37, Day 4 is B47:B80 and Day5 is G47:G80. So, if on sheet1!E1 has a drop down selected to Thursday and that is my 5th day of the work week i need it to g...

How do I save multiple messages as text file?
When I select multiple messages -> file -> save as text file. Only the headers of the messages are saved and not the bodies. In Outlook 2003, how do I save the bodies also? Thanks. ...

Auto color scheme is in an Excel chart
I am looking to find what the auto color scheme is in an Excel chart. Basically, when you select a range of data for a chart it automatically selects a color for each line in a line graph. I, for the sake of formatting and conditional formatting, need to know what that order is for the first 40 colors. I am currently using Excel 2003. Thank you. You could make a chart with 40 series, and see what you've got. I guess what you want, though, is the color index values for the colors. If you go to Tools menu > Options > Color, you see the palette, with a couple rows at the bottom ...

ost files
We have people that use Outlook 2003 with an Exchange account. The Exchange acounts are hosted by our ISP. I want to know what is the best practice to backup et restore the Outlook 2003 files with an Exchange account. Let say a user has accidently deleted a folder in the Inbox and I want to restore it. With an Exchage account, the outlook file format is ost. Can I backup and resotre juste the ost file. Thanks for your response -- Shidewa Assuming that the Exchange application service provider has deleted item retention turned on, you should be able to use the dumpsteralwayson registry ...

Importing Outlook Contacts To CRM 3.0
I have read the different suggestions on the above topic. I have really been challanged with importing the CSV file. I must not be cleaning up the enough. But one response was that " You can open each contact individually and click the "Track in CRM" button. The next time Outlook synchs to CRM (default is every 15 minutes) the contact will be moved into CRM." This I can work with but , where is this "Track in CRM" selection ? Thanks in Advance vmorrill This appears on the Outlook CRM toolbar. Open a contact and you should see a CRM toolbar as well w...

How copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file?
Hi! I would like to copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file. Is there any easy way to do that instead of copying one at a time. Is it also possible the sheet name is automatically copied? Please advise, Aijun. -- Ai_Jun_Zhang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ai_Jun_Zhang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389219 Select first sheet then hold CRTL key while selecting other sheets one at a time or hold SHIFT key...

Can the .PST files be extracted from a backup of a HD?
Hi, I have recently formated my HD and I thought I had backed up my settings/folder/emails etc but evidently I haven't! I have a backup of the complete HD on an external HD. Is there a way of getting my settings/folders/emails back from the backup HD and placing them on my formated HD so that my Outlook goes back to the way it was? Most important is the saved emails, the settings I can sort out myself. Cheers Glenn Find the PST files on the other HD and copy them to someplace on your primary HD. Then recreate your Outlook profile (settings) via Control Panel, Mail. Add your old PS...

Unable to check auto complete option
I'm using outlook 2002, with service pack 2 runnning on Win2000. The option for me to select the auto complete feature is greyed out, it doesn't allow me to select the option at all. Pls advise! Thanks! Hello Shaun, Have you look under EXTRAS | OPTION | attitudes | ADVANCED E_MAIL OPTIONS ? And there is the point to activate. >-----Original Message----- >I'm using outlook 2002, with service pack 2 runnning on >Win2000. The option for me to select the auto complete >feature is greyed out, it doesn't allow me to select the >option at all. > >Pls adv...

OL E-mails All Arriving with File Attachments
Four or five days ago, e-mails I receive on a regular basis started arriving in my box accompanied for the first time by .txt attachments containing the precise content of the e-mail itself. The report I receive from my state weather service every day, personal messages from friends, and commercial messages, none of which has ever included a file attachment before, all have started arriving with attachments. This is a waste of bandwith and space on my hard drive. Is there a way to stop the file attachments from coming? I've been opening each message and removing them, but wha...

"FILES OF TYPE"
When I open Excel, how can I get the same file to open each time in "files of type"? "ALL MICROSOFT EXCELL FILES" is the default and I would like to have "MICROSOFT EXCELL FILES" open each time Excel likes to help you. I just type: *.xls or *.xl* in the filename box and hit enter. It's a little extra work, but it's still pretty quick. And if I know that I'm looking for something with "yyy" in the name, I'd type: *yyy*.xls and hit enter. ROD BRIM wrote: > > When I open Excel, how can I get the same file to open > each ...

Number 1 appended to file names
Good day. Excel 2003 is appending a 1 to all the file names when I open Excel. For example, when opening test.xls it opens as test1.xls. When I click save it is giving me the "save as" window instead, as the file name does not exist yet. Anyone know how to alleviate this? Thanks. Hi maybe the following helps: -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel user" <Excel user@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF6AADED-BAC0-4FD1-BE00-7392F2E3AE56@microsoft.com... > Good day. Excel 2003 is appending a 1 to all the file names when I open...