how do i get my task pane up in excel

0
Tanya1 (35)

tanya

Try Tools>Options>View.  Under "Show" check Startup Task Pane option button.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:07:01 -0800, "tanya" <tanya@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

0
Gord

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

Programmatically "elevate" my app for a particular task.
Hi there! I developed a MFC/VC++ 6.0 program that has to run at startup. It monitors some Services which I also developed, giving the user information on how they are running, and letting him or her start/stop this Services. The problem is that to start/stop a service I have to invoke ::OpenService with SERVICE_START | SERVICE_QUERY_STATUS access: If I run the program as administrator (elevated), then this works; but if I run it the standard way, then the function returns "access denied". I wouldn't mind to check the app so that it would always run as administrator; but th...

How to get a development copy?
My company is a Microsoft partner, and we'd like to get a development copy of Dynamics GP. Unfortunately it isn't offered in the Action Pack. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get a copy of it? Thanks Hi there, There are a few options to get a "development" copy: 1. Get an MSDN subscription. All of the Dynamics products are included in that and you also get the SDK's for each, service pack, and additional development resources. This is probably your best bet. or 2. Sign an return an SPA and commit to becoming certified in Dynamics GP and you will recei...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Excel Crash

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Assign a task from a Public Folder to another user
Hello, I am trying to organize a large scale tasks tickler system where everyone can view the master task list and where senior managers can can assign tasks to subordinates. My first approach was to create the task folder in a public folder. Much to my dismay there doesn't seem to be any way to assign the task to another user and still monitor the task in the master public folder task list. First there was no "assign task" command on the toolbar. After adding the "assign task" icon I discovered that the task was added to my personal task list vice the master task li...

Outbound messages got out of the IMC Queue and don't get their destination.
Hi My platform : Windows NT 4.0 sp6 Exchange Server 5.5 sp4 I will appreciate anyone who can give a solution to this problems : when our users sent e-mail out the company, I mean Internet those messeges never reach their destination. I monitor the IMC's queue and every messages got out of the queue, I found not error in the event viewer, neither I received a returned error from those messages, All I can say is that those messages desapear. Javier How is your IMS setup to deliver email? DNS, or SmartHost Click the 'Connections' tab and verify valid settings are in place ...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

Tracking an email when sent directly from Excel
I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. However I can never find any record of this in Outlook, or anywhere else. Is there a way so this gets recorded in Outlook, or can you tell me where I can find some record of the email and its contents. Thank you, On May 18, 7:23=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) > when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. =A0However I can never find any > record of this in Outloo...

Diable excel macro for DATES
Hi, everytime i copy and paste from a website in this format XX/YY excel sees it as a DATE. how can i disable this feature..I just want t paste it as its raw form of XX/YY. When i cut and paste it in my exce and try to change the format by using TExt. it comes up with rubbis numbers. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try formatting, as text, before you import -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "evo >" <<evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > everytime i copy ...

Reading Excel Checkboxes in Access
Hi All I created a spreadsheet with checkboxes (controls) on it for reporting purposes. I now need to import the data contained on the spreadsheets into Access. The data is not laid out in neat columns or rows, it was formated to be a stand alone report originally. My problem is not in reading cells within the spreadsheet, I'm able to do that. My issue is that I can't tell if a checkbox is checked or not. What I've done: If I execute the following code in Excel I return a boolean partAM = CheckBox15.Value I return true or false Here is my access code: Set xlapp = New Excel....

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

Why does my excel chart appear in gray when I copy it?
I want to copy an excel chart into powerpoint. It is a simple column chart. However the columns contain a color gradient. When I copy the chart to the clipoard, the columns turn into gray. This problem however does not occur on other computers using the same excel version (2003). Hi batman, There are about 30 ways to copy and paste charts from Excel into PowerPoint. The problem you are describing is not one I have heard of - namely that it works on one machine but not another. However, you could try a different method of copying. For example - you can use the Camera tool to copy a ...