I have posted a cemetery survey on Excell spreadsheet.  When I try to sort
the birth dates or death dates in ascending or descending order the range of
1900 dates will sort but the 1800 dates fall after the 1900 and will not
sort. Why? Is this inherit with this program?
0
Smith295 (1)

The WinXL default dates start with 31 December 1899, so earlier "dates"
are interpreted as Text.

You can use helper columns and text functions (LEFT(),RIGHT(),MID()) to
put the Year, Month and Day in separate columns, then sort.

Take a look here for additional workarounds:

    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm

In article <97AB7FE5-D4FE-4B81-BE57-076F1BFEFAEE@microsoft.com>,
 "Smith295" <Smith295@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have posted a cemetery survey on Excell spreadsheet.  When I try to sort
> the birth dates or death dates in ascending or descending order the range of
> 1900 dates will sort but the 1800 dates fall after the 1900 and will not
> sort. Why? Is this inherit with this program?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Outlook 2007
I would appreciate anyone advising me as to how to export emails from Outlook to Excel so I get columns, for example: 'to', 'subject', 'date' (I want to insert more columns once the emails are in Excel.) Maybe comma limited file .csv ? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!! Tried the Export feature already? It allows you to export to various file types including xls and csv. An alternative method can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlo...

Why do I get duplicate e-mail messages from two sources showing s.
Outlook works very well. Problem is that there are 2 sources from which I receive the identical dupulicate e-mail showing posting to mme a 1 minute intervals. How do I eliminate this nuisance? Thanks! Turn off AV scanning in your incoming/outgoing mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, gareth asked: | Outlook works very well. Problem is that there are 2 sources from | which...

chime when Outlook gets mail
Is there a way up change the sound? I'm on Outlook 2000 SP-3 9.0 with an XP machine and the sound is so subtle that I miss it sometimes. When i was on 98, it was a fairly clear two-pitch tone. ...

Matching two excel files
Wondering whether it's possible to match an excel data file to another to find what data lines (content is names & addresses) are the same i both files. Is this possible in excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yes it's possible but you need to be much more specific as to exactly what you wnat to do. Where is the data located? What do want to do with the data? Biff >-----Original Message----- >Wondering whether it's possible to match an excel data file to another, >to find what data lines (content is names & addresses) are the same in >...

how do i delete a file from recent documents file in excel
can anyone help how do i delete a heading from recent documents file i have deleted figures from actual page but cannot get heading to go iknow how to do with xp but not with vista many thanks XP and Vista are MS Operating Systems. This is an MS Office Excel news group. Are you sure you want to be here? If you mean the recently used file list in Excel 2007 Office Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display Change Show recent documents list to 0 and OK All recent documents are gone. Go back in and change back to whatever you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 08:...

Sharing excel spreadsheets in public folders
I have put an excel spread sheet in our public folders , only a couple of people have permission to write to the spread sheet. If two of them open it at once a conflict error is thrown back. Is it possible to give the first person to open it write access - as would be the norm with excel? It seemed a simple solution as it allowed people from non trusted domains to view the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks is there just one public folder store or is is replicated to other servers? "ed" <eddie.meadows@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1Lz3e.1036$DP.542@newsfe6...

excel #41
How multiply more cells in same time Put the value to multiply by in a spare cell, and copy that cell. Select the range to be multiplied. Goto edit>PasteSPecial and select Multiply. Exit and clear that first cell. --- HTH Bob Phillips "a" <a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A954E25C-D9BE-4C74-AFC0-86879746186C@microsoft.com... > How multiply more cells in same time a;604837 Wrote: > How multiply more cells in same time Bob Phillips;604838 Wrote: > Put the value to multiply by in a spare cell, and copy that cell....

Dates in Charts
I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists dates and amounts. The dates are not consecutive however when I create the chart it shows all dates March 1, March 2, March 3 Even though I did not enter March 2 at all. How do I stop it from doing that? you cant. just like if you had numeric data 0, 3, 9, 15 and plotted it. the numbers in between are still shown on the axis. AGP "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BC1E855-7741-44A3-9E5F-7E928A16AE15@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists ...

Macro to close excel #2
I have been using the ActiveWorkbook.save ActiveWorkbook.Close (False) commands to first ensure the spreadsheet saves and then closes. Th problem I am having is that this leaves Excel open. With spreadsheets running daily each using this .Close command, I end u with an awful lot of open excel windows. I use Scheduler in conjunction with the Auto_Open macro to activate th spreadsheets to run automatically. I have tried to use the 'Stop th task if it runs for - 59 minutes' setting but this doesn't get rid o Excel off the screen either but appears to just generate a Dr Wats...

Excel 2007 Macro Recorder not recording shapes
Hello, I am trying to figure out why my Excel macro recorder is not recording creation of any shapes or changes to existing shapes. I started the macro, and drew a rectangle and stopped it. This is all the code I get. I like to see the syntax for shapes and I am unable to see maybe there is some problem with macro recorder. Please help! Thanks! Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro3 Macro ' ' ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=25 End Sub Regards, Jaan On Feb 14, 2:35=A0pm, jaanbazz <jaanb...@domain-xyz.in> wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to figure out why...

converting works data files to excel with original formats
How can I convert data files from Works 8 to Office & Student 2007 ...

Extract Final Row Mulitple Excel Files into Combined Workbook
Hi, Not sure if anyone can help on this, but I am completely struggling with VBA and have been looking through threads to try and find a solution. I'm trying to open multiple excel files by looking at a specific directiry file and then locate the final row and extract the data into one spreadsheet. I think I've managed to produce a VBA to look at multiple files but the rest.......help ! Can anyone help? Regards, Paul Holmes range("A65536").end(xlup).entirerow.copy destination:= activeworkbook.close get the next workbook "londonpaul" <paul.holmes@scottwilso...

Not getting download of account transactions
I download my accounts from my bank's website and that ususally stores the transactions on Money (it has been spawned). As of yesterday when I try to download the transactions from bank's website I get nothing coming to my computer. I search of mny files but there is nothing. what is going on In microsoft.public.money, LC wrote: >I download my accounts from my bank's website and that >ususally stores the transactions on Money (it has been >spawned). As of yesterday when I try to download the >transactions from bank's website I get nothing coming to >m...

anyone know how to plot Ternary Charts in Excel ?
Is it possible to plot Ternary (x vs y vs z) in Excel, like in Deltagraph ? Hi, Here are some links, from previous posts, on ternary plots. http://www.sfu.ca/~marshall/ternplot.htm http://www.uni-wuerzburg.de/mineralogie/links/drawing/ternary.html http://www.geologynet.com/programs/ternplot.xls http://www.prodomosua.it/zips/triangolare.xls http://www.lboro.ac.uk/research/phys-geog/tri-plot/ http://www.agri.upm.edu.my/~chris/tal/talxl.html ftp://www-sst.unil.ch/ftp/jfurrer/Trix_fr.zip http://www-sst.unil.ch/perso_pages/jfurrer/Applications/Trixcel/Trixcel.htm Cheers Andy Nigel Goodwin wrot...

Excel 2007
I can't select a label and move it with a radar chart and excel 2007. Whenever I click a category label, all the labels are selected as well as the chart, so it's not possible to move one individually. ...

Sorting...
I am trying to sort a csv list. The first column is a date & the 2nd is time. Can I merge these 2 together, so I can get date & time together, allowing me to sort based on that? If they're really dates and times, you could just use a helper cell and then use a formula like: =a1+b1 You can give it a nice format showing date and time if you like. But why not just sort the list using the date as the primary key and the time as a secondary key? Mike wrote: > > I am trying to sort a csv list. > The first column is a date & the 2nd is time. > Can I merge these 2 ...

Excel/Access Delimma
I have inherited an Excel workbook with several worksheets containing charts that get their source data via MSQuery from an Access database. The users require that this stay in Excel so I have to find a way to make it work. The problem I am having is that whenever the user opens the workbook they are prompted to tell it whether or not to allow updates. The sad part of this is that we cannot rely on the numerous users to not accidently push the wrong button and allow it to update, and thus destroy the current data. I have to find a way that the user can open the workbook, let it update, sav...

Deleting range of employees
Is there an easy way to delete many employees? Either a utility or SQL statements? If we go through the steps of removing payroll history and payroll summary for each employee one at a time, it's very time-consuming. If the employees are marked as inactive, you can use the utility to remove inactive employee records. (Tools>>Utilities>>Payroll>>Remove Inactive Records). Optionally you can also remove History for Inactive Employee Records in this same window. The 'Remove Inactive Records' will pull the employees out of the Employee Maintenance window, but l...

Excel 2002 error message
We are receiving an error message as follows: file.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file is on a floppy and was opened as recently as yesterday. Does any one have any idea how to access the data on the diskette? Hi NEVER try to open a file directly from a floppy. This is the main reason for corrupted files. Alsways copy them first to a harddisk -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sandicoke" <srupert@peoplepc.com> schrieb im...

Excel error: Permission to use object denied
I have some new computers setup with Windows XP and Office 97. When go into Excel and open a spreadsheet, I get a Microsoft Visual Basi error:Permission to use object denied. The spreadsheet will not open. The error happens with every spreadsheet I try to open on tha computer. If I copy the spreadsheet to another computer, it open without complaint. The other computer is also running XP and Excel 97 but was installed a few months ago. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following article may be of some help, althought your problem is slightly different. h...

Using excel as a data base
How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge in Word One row per record. Each field in a separate cell/column. It's much easier to combine fields than it is to separate them correctly. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. Nan wrote: > > How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge > in Word -- Dave Peterson ...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Pick up date for Charts from the Spreadsheet
I have a workbook with one data sheet and several charts which represent weekly activity. I want to be able to pick up the title of the charts from the spreadsheet, e.g. "Sales Activity for Week Ending April 7, 2006". This title information is contained in a cell in the spreadsheet. How do I get it to display at the top of each chart without having to manually type it in the title area under Chart Options? Wilfred: Here' a link to a post I have on dynamic titles that sounds like what you are looking for. http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm I ...

Date formatting Help
Macro - Help How can you select a cell with a Sunday's Date to give you th following Sunday's Date when execute -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27551 To get next Sunday's date, just add 7 to this Sunday. So something like: cell.value + 7 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Db1712" <Db1712.1f88gn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

how to get internal email in the queue ?
Hi, I know that an internal email that is forwarded to an emailaddress that is setup as a queue will not arrive in ms crm, but I need to have a workaround for this. Any sugguestions ? I assume it must be possible to get around this. Please help. Regards Wim Wim - I've been able to set up a free forwarding account outside the domain - something like mydomain_helpdesk@yahoo.com - and set up that external account to automatically forward all email back into my helpdesk address - helpdesk@mydomain.com (which is associated with the CRM Queue) - So, instead of emailing the CRM Queue dire...