How do I find differences between two excel worksheets?

Each worksheet has one column of numbers and a second column of text.
Using Excel2003
0
jfurneaux (1)

See Chip's site www.cpearson.com . He has lots on this topic
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jfurneaux" <jfurneaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Each worksheet has one column of numbers and a second column of text.
> Using Excel2003

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Viewing Distribution Groups in a different domain
I opened a user account in one domain, using Active Directory, connected to the Global Catalog domain controller of that domain. UIder the Member Of tab, it only lists the distribution groups that the user is a member of in the current domain, and not the lists that are in a different domain. I am using WXP Pro SP2. When using W2K, and I try this, I can view those distribution groups. Any reason as to why I am unable to view them using WinXp? ...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. -- Calpitor Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights within rows). You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider column needs. HTH -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150 ...

Excel toolbar button
Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?. Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?, and link it to a macro that already exists in a file? ...

select case to replace text with different text
I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to do the following: if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS if I type g in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with GIDGETS seems like it should be simple but I can't come up with the code. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:28:54 -0600, "John" <nodak457@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm trying to use a Select Case in a Private Sub Worksheet_Change event to >do the following: > >if I type w in a cell in col B, I want to replace it with WIDGETS >if ...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Faulting application error in excel
I have a PC that keeps getting a crash in excel. It repeats with the same error each time in the event viewer: Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, debug? 0, fault address 0x000b035a. I have tried a repair install. A remove and reinstall. Along with steps to remove the excel profile. The crash happens about every other day and sometimes a couple times or more each day. Any ideas? Thank you, Jason This is a guess and may not work, but ... I've read (somewhere) that most causes of crash...

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

how to set up a worksheet for unlimited entries?
I need to set up an excel worksheet where the data in the "Cost" colum is added up to show "Total Cost" at the bottom of the column. I can d this very easily for a static range but the "cost" column is no static, it will keep on growing. How do I write a formula for "Tota Cost" which will be aware of how many entries exist in the column s they can be added up. Also, I was going to have "total cost" cell a the bottom of the "cost" column, can "Total Cost" be set up in such way, that the "Total Cost" cell moves dow...

Excel 2002 Template Wizard
Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in will work in Excel 2003? I don't use xl2003, but I've seen posts that say that it does. John Fox wrote: > > Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in > will work in Excel 2003? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to represent a column in Excel
Hi, everyone I currently have a formula. {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))} However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed. The data is retrieved from a remote database. Is there any other way to represent it ? Thanks One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like: > {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))} It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill the sheet to row 65536? It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'...

Non-VBA formula to find 2nd Sunday of a given month
Can anyone help me write a formula to find the date of the second sunda in a given month? Thanks in Advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com David, Assuming you have a date in A1, this gives the 2nd Sunday of that date =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)+MOD(8-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)),7)+7 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "DavidObeid&q...

Setting multiple meeting times for different attendees on the same day
I am a recruiter and use Outlook to schedule interviews with out of town candidates. It's critical that all my interviewers be available on the same date but at different times during the day. I would like to be able to pull up all of my interviewers' schedules at the same time and schedule them in different time slots but only having to send one meeting request. Example: I have 5 managers that will be interviewing the same person on the same day at different times. I have to list them all as "required attendees", check their schedules, then back out and send o...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

accounting (different) State holidays
This is a call to the quintessence - the fifth and highest source o intelegence known to mankind (the WWW) I work with performance reporting, the performance of an activity i calculated by comparing the actual (number of days) with the agree days for the activity I use NETWORKING DAYS and can get the result. But now I am going NATIONAL and the holidays in each state i different, so I am not able to use the NETWORKING DAYS (with holidays to meet my requirement Can you please assist? Thanks and regards, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Raj Could you use an IF or ...

address book not finding contact when putting in letters
I guess I have general questions about the find function on the top of the toolbar, I have a contact in the company field called netflix, when I type net in the find box, it does not show up, but if I type netflix, it does show up??? why is that , I have noticed this on several contacts Same thing with me I have a name and email address in the Outlook Contacts When sending an email, sometimes as I type the name the email appears, sometimes it does not "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:epF4Pp1rEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I guess I have general questions...

Web Posting Interactive worksheet
I created a very small excel file that I saved as a web page (calculations.htm). More specifically, when I saved it I selected Republish Sheet and add interactivity, then saved it to my desktop. When I opened it up on my desktop everything looked fine. However, when I posted it to my website, as I do will all my new htm pages, the data would not appear. Any suggestions? By the way, the file is a series of calculations that ask for a user to input their weight and I calculate what their daily calorie intake is. Very simple. CP ...

Check Boxes and Radio buttons on Worksheet
I just discovered that I can drop check box directly on a worksheet. I can make it do what I want, in a single instance, but I was wondering there was a way to make them act like formulas, in that I would like to attach the checkbox directly to a cell physically, and, incorporate it's TRUE/FALSE output in a formula, then be able to copy a whole row or column of cells containing the checkbox and formula ...and other data perhaps in a very general way. in other words havethe control behave as if it were the contents of a cell...Make sense? I don't want to have to write code or ...

Q: Referencing named cells in external worksheet ?
Using Excel 2002. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets (one for every month of the year), wherein a lot of the information is looked-up (using VLOOKUP) in simples arrays. I saw no point in implementing the arrays as a 13th worksheet, because I will have a yearly version of my monthly worksheets in one workbook (so one for 2003, 2004, etc). If I change the array(s), I want them to be reflected in all referencing cells. Problem: If my workbook containing my arrays (called "Global") is loaded, I have no problem and the references to it read as: (blabla) 'Global.xls'!Roster ...

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

Duplicate emails received (two copies)
I am receiving two copies of each received email. What could cause this problem? Thank You, Dan ...