How do I enter new data alphabetically into a workbook w/o scroll.

I have a list of information and periodically I have to add information into
this list.  The easiest way I found so far to do this is by scrolling through
the list of information I have and finding the person I need to add to and
inserting a new line.  Is there a form that can be easily built that inserts
information into its spot alphabetically?

Hi Jillian:-

Please check out:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

 - item number 42 (done in EXCEL 2007).

This won't add it alphabetically but it does present you with an easy way to
get data into a Workbook.

If there is anything you don't understand either email me or post back.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Jillian S." wrote:

> I have a list of information and periodically I have to add information into
> this list.  The easiest way I found so far to do this is by scrolling through
> the list of information I have and finding the person I need to add to and
> inserting a new line.  Is there a form that can be easily built that inserts
> information into its spot alphabetically?
Jillian

If your list is in one column...............

Insert a row anywhere, enter your new item then sort that column.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 12:47:02 -0800, trip_to_tokyo <info@pierrefondes.com>
wrote:

>Hi Jillian:-
>
>Please check out:-
>
>http://www.pierrefondes.com/
>
> - item number 42 (done in EXCEL 2007).
>
>This won't add it alphabetically but it does present you with an easy way to
>get data into a Workbook.
>
>If there is anything you don't understand either email me or post back.
>
>Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
>
>Thanks.
>

>"Jillian S." wrote:
>
>> I have a list of information and periodically I have to add information into
>> this list.  The easiest way I found so far to do this is by scrolling through
>> the list of information I have and finding the person I need to add to and
>> inserting a new line.  Is there a form that can be easily built that inserts
>> information into its spot alphabetically?

0
Gord

Data migration - Adventure Works

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...

Updating a workbook from many workbooks.
I am using excel 2003. I have a report workbook that has 27 other workbooks that it gets information from. What is the easiest way to update the report workbook with out me singularily opening each of the 27 other work books. The are all under the same folder on the same drive. including the report workbook. Hi Outrigger You have not said what you want to do when all of the books are open. The following code opens all 27 workbooks for you. If you could post more information we might be able to get you a more specific result. Change the file path to suit. Take care Mar...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Excel 2007
Anyone else had problems with Excel 2007 corrupting workbooks when using the Analysis Toolpak. All formulae requiring the toolpak are replaced with #N/A (ie XIRR, EDATE). Man, this sucks. Congratulations MS on releasing a "Professional" version of your software that is so much less easy to use than the old version. Charts look nice (although with some of the most useful features removed), but the menus SUCK. Hide the ribbon and use keyboard shortcuts and you might as well use the mouse because the ribbon has to be displayed each time you use the keyboard shortcuts. Excel 2007 su...

Missing Data Options
I am trying to use Tools - Options - Chart. I want to use the "not Plotted" option. When I click on it my chart does not change. This happens after I've selected the chart and then trying to make these changes. What am I doing wrong? I want to create a chart that ignores missing data, and gives me a trend line based on the data I have. I've had my nose in my Excel "bible" but can't find the answer. I greatly appreciate any tips. Jim -- jimsmith888 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jimsmith888's Profile: http...

Losing New Mail Merge Template
I'm trying to create a new mail merge template from a word doc. I get to the window: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge for Microsoft Office Word". I've tried the "Organization" and "Personal" mail merge template options and go through the process of creating new, picking the doc (xml), uploading, picking data fields. After I "save and close", I never see the new template on the list. What am I missing here? My goal is to have a template that users can easily access to do mail merges based on a contact record or a report or view of con...

Extracting data and returing to colums.
I am about half way there, but I need some more help. These are web inquires that parsed out in the same colum and repeat th same way all down the page. I want to be able to use the fields as guidelines to pull the dat adjacent to it and sent to the new colum. In a way it is transposin all the data, but I need to pull all the first names of these peopl and have them align in the first colum. Same for Last name, business etc. So if the information that I have come across like this in th spreadsheet, I just want the customer infomation to move to th appropriate colums like the third example...

how do I convert Mozilla thunderbird data to outlook 2010?
Converted from an old Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird years ago. Like new Outlook and would like to switch back. Can't seem to see a conversion utility -- Mishka I suspect you export from thunderbird to a format Outlook can import, eg csv (assuming pop mail) "Mishka" <Mishka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:509C3250-167B-4FFF-9E07-5E5A8C625AA8@microsoft.com... > Converted from an old Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird years ago. Like new > Outlook and would like to switch back. Can't seem to see a conversion > utility > -- >...

O/L 2002 SP3 Contact access
Have relocated PST file to new computer, running same version and system. Contacts selection window shows contacts sorted by FIRST names though have selected last names in tools/options/preferences/contact options and view/current view/customize Additionally Have 3 contact sub folders which are inaccessible on contacts selection popup window..This worked fine before migration. All/Any help sincerely appreciated. Keefer If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when you click on the To button, check these settings: Make sure the Contact folder is enab...

Graphing daily data
I am trying to graph daily data for a month in Excel 2007 that groups like days (Saturdays, Sundays, etc) in the same series, while still showing individual values and dates. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Use your worksheet to pull the relevant data together into a series. Do the data manipulation in your worksheet, then the chart plots the series which you have generated in the worksheet. -- David Biddulph "Fozzie" <Fozzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB004134-AD88-434C-9DAD-BFE4CB2FD058@microsoft.com... >I am trying to graph daily data f...

Pivot Table Data field
Hi, I am importing the data from Ms Access, and creating Pivot table. Pivot Table Columns Row------------------------------ | Data | Row, Data and Columns have drop down manus where you can select and unselect values. In Row and Columns when if i unselect any values in drop down menu and go back values are still there. However, With Data when i unselect any values it vanish i am unable to retrive it back. Please any one let me know if i unselect any values from the Data dropdown menu they still stay there. Regards, -- khansab143 -------------------------------------------...