how do I enter data from 1 spreadsheet to another many times

I have on one page the basic data in singular line form, To translate this to
a more readable form I made another page in the folder into a more readable
form of which I can print and use away from the computer. I would like to
know how can I use the form to copy the required data without the labor
intensive re-entering in each form of a new form for each line in the
oringinal data sheet. is there a formula or set of instructions that will do
this automatically copying the desired cell onto the new page without all of
the work? I hope I have expalined myself claearly since I'm a novice to Excel
0
G1 (145)

Hi, Jerry -

Divide your screen to show both worksheets (with the first sheet open, click
on Window, new window, tile).  In the right side sheet, click on the second
tab at the bottom.  So - your monitor should show both sheets.  Position the
cursor on the first cell you want to display in the right side sheet (the one
in the more readable form).  i.e.  If you want to copy B2 from the left sheet
to A5 on the right sheet, put your cursor in A5.  Type in = and then click on
B2 in the left sheet.  You'll see a formula that connects B2 to A5.  Once you
get all the connections made, save the file (i.e. report blank.xls).  Open it
up and save it again as report102206.  Enter in the data in the first
spreadsheet, and you will see it automatically is entered in the second
spreadsheet.  It would also help you to name the tabs - double click on the
first tab and name it NEW DATA, and the second tab FORMATTED.

Hope this helps,

Carole O

"Jerry G" wrote:

> I have on one page the basic data in singular line form, To translate this to
> a more readable form I made another page in the folder into a more readable
> form of which I can print and use away from the computer. I would like to
> know how can I use the form to copy the required data without the labor
> intensive re-entering in each form of a new form for each line in the
> oringinal data sheet. is there a formula or set of instructions that will do
> this automatically copying the desired cell onto the new page without all of
> the work? I hope I have expalined myself claearly since I'm a novice to Excel
0
CaroleO (115)

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Read from Barcode Reader in Excel and Auto hit enter
I am trying to read a barcode off an item, it then goes into it's place in the excel sheet but I cannot get it to automatically hit enter, I have to walk back to machine to hit it. As I recall (12 years ago...) there is a setting on the barcode reader to add Line Feed -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Neo" <Neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95BB3A-91C8-4965-9528-7D32920B81EB@microsoft.com... >I am trying to read a barcode off an item, it then goes into it's place in > the excel sheet but I cannot ...

Mapping Geographic Data
I want to create a data map and I need to have Microsoft Map installed. Apparently Microsoft Map was not installed when our IT Department installed Excel (I am running Excel 2003). I believe I ahve to rerun Setup to install Microsoft Map however my IT Department says they can't find Microsoft Map in the Setup file. Can any one help me tell them how to locate Microsoft Map in the Setup file? Hi, Map was dropped as a free add on to excel after xl2000, I think that's the version. Anyhow to get Maps in xl2003 you will need to buy the standard alone program. Cheers Andy Mike wro...

Linked cells, make the data go hard manually
I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a day. Is that possible? By 'hard number' you mean one that is no longer linked, you could copy, then paste as, paste value. HTH, Carole O "Johnny" wrote: > I'd like to convert a cell linked to a previous day to hard numbers once a > day. Is that possible? ...

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

Subform Data Entry Problems
I have a subform based on a query linked to the Form by "ContactID". The query works fine when run independent of the subform. I am able to enter all data fields and where necessary the autonumber function assigns properly. But when I try to use the subform all records related by my table "tblADDRESS" do not allow data entry (the fields are not locked). I imagine the ContactID Master/Child link in some way is interfering with the query in Form view, but I've tried every variation of join properties within the Query for the Subform and in the Query for the main...

Printing Autofilter Data
How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say 20 pages? In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C7DCB67-06B2-429C-99D9-D2B3A40FEF4A@microsoft.com... > How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say > 20 pages? Thank you! "Tom Ogilvy" wrote: > In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. > > -- > Regards, > Tom Ogilvy >...

Outlook times out when receiving
Outlook 2000 SP3 has been working just fine on a WinXP SP2 system. Now it sends ok, but times out when trying to receive. All the settings are the same as they have been. Outlook 2000 email works fine with an older Win98 system using the same settings, so its not the server. Any ideas? What error message do you get? Do you use a virusscanner that scans incoming mail? If so; disable the incoming mail scan and see if it still happens. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed w...

Automatically pull data from one file to populate a template
Hi Everyone... Just beginning to get the hang of vba coding in excel. I would like to implement a new feature in a spreadsheet here at the office. We currently have a master records sheet containing vital information on unit processing. Each unit then has a sub file containing additional information. Currently one must populate the master record file. Then open a template and populate another file with the same information. I would like to streamline this process and have the data in the master record file automatically inserted into the template, allowing the user to only have to ...

Font changes when pasting into another doc
I have two docs created originally in Word 2000, and I am using Office 2007. The docs are in compatibility mode. When I copy a selection that has two different fonts from one doc to the other doc, the whole selection changes to the font/style that is in the selection point. (I have a list of paragraphs, each preceded by some symbols in a proprietary font, i.e.  Your car has ...;  Try toothpaste ...;  This flower is ...; etc. Each paragraph has a line following with a series of ******** which are center aligned for looks) In trying to copy a selection from...

How many days of database backups should I keep?
How many days worth of database backups should I keep before deleting? 1 week, 1 month, 1 year? They are large and take up lots of space, but I don't want to delete any if I might need them. I don't see any purpose of keeping multiples of your database backup, unless you have been doing it with a purpose, because each of your backups contain the same data, except the newer backups contain more. For example, if your computer dies or whatnot, you wouldn't want to restore an old database, you would want to restore your newest backup so you lose less data. Did you have a reas...

Entering Mortgage so that it matches in Budget
I am having trouble in Money trying to get my mortgage to line up in m budget. Loan payment shows up under debt instead of mortgage payment. any thoughts -- marzomar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- marzomarz's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=381 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187094970 That's how it works. You can't change it. It's really not a problem, just not what you're expecting. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "marzomarz" <marzomarz.1t55sa@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in messa...

SQL Server (XML Data) Through ODBC to MS Access
Hello, In one database in my company. Previously the data in SQL Server, the tables were simple text and number formats and it was easy for me to link the data through ODBC to MS Access and I could do all sorts of queries and calculations, etc. But, now (after several months) I realize that the DBA and Programmer changed, the data in SQL Server to be XML Data Type in the new setup. In SQL Server. dbo.FlightDocuments Table docID, int docInfo, xml docLogs, xml and so on. and I see the data in Access (through ODBC) for one of the fields of the above table like this: ...

Save data in a worksheet in fixed length fields...
I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which I would like to export in fixed length format for importing into another application. Is there a way to use column settings or a wizard to export the file in correct format rather than exporting and then having to do signficant editing before I can import the file into the other application? one way: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#fixedfield In article <9C97DB7F-65EB-4438-926E-23906D56E75D@microsoft.com>, dietzd <dietzd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have data in a worksheet (Office 2000) which ...

I want to enter a customer # and retreive their data
How do I retreive data, which I've entered, from another worksheet when I enter a code or # that is specific to that data? Assuming you have a yable and the data is set up like code1 value value etc code2 value value etc and so on then you can use =VLOOKUP(C1,Sheet2!A2:C50,2,0) where C1 is the typed in lookup value (code) and A2:C50 the table and this particular formula will return the value from column 2 lookup VLOOKUP in help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Nothwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com remove ^^ from email "It is a good thing to fol...

Advice on timing of posts appearing #3
I've noticed over the last few days that some of the posts I've made are taking a very long time to appear. Last night I replied to mevett's post "Link to a changing cell? You'll see ..." at 11:58pm (my time). Over an hour later it hadn't appeared, so I posted another one (1:10am). This morning both were visible (though with the second one appearing before the first), so I posed a question then (about 9:20am) on why this should be so - this still hasn't appeared, and it is now 6:40pm. During the last 90 minutes or so I have replied to a number of other posts i...

Aggregating Data in Fifteen Unopened Spreadsheets into Single Consolidated Sheet
I have a series of 15 spreadsheets, all having the same column structure. They all have the same filename barring first two letters which refer to a persons initials. The 15 files are stored in the same directory. In that directory I'd like to create a sixteenth file which consolidates much of the data in the 15 files. I want to use that consolidated data in a pivot table. I know that the top-left- hand-corner of the range I want within each of the 15 spreadsheet files is the Cell A10. I cannot be so precise with the bottom right hand corner (BRHC) as the number of rows is variable i...

A good program for keeping track of time...ie outlook timecard add on
Is there a good program for keeping time for jobs. I've used the appointment as a means for doing this for years, but this can be quite cumbersome as workflow gets more complicated. Looking for the next best method. I use outlook 2007 and quickbooks 2009. I've currently manually transfer info from outlook to quickbooks, then do billing. Any suggestions. I'm looking at timetrax, but interested in other input. Thanks. ...

How to organize data?

Data Normalization
Greetings, I am not sure which newsgroup to ask this question. Any directions would be most appreciated. I have a list of about 5000 customers over a 30 year period. I am trying to give each customer a unique ID. Some of these customers have moved a few times, some of them have gotten married a few times (we deal with the wives primarily), some have multiple service addresses. This question has plagued me for the last 30 years!!!! Any suggestions would be most welcome. TIA -Minitman Hi probably better asked in a database related newsgroup. What you're asking for is quite typic...

Extracting Values on one list and not another
I obtained a formula from www.cpearson.com for extracting values on one list and not another. I put 16717 rows of part numbers in cells A2:A16717. I put another list of part numbers in cells B2:B16717. I entered the formula =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$16717,B2)=0,B2,"") into cell C2 and used the fill corner to enter the formula in C cells down to C16717. (which it the one from the web site) Shouldnt I be getting the values that on on the B cell list but not in the A cell list? Seems like I was, ( had to keep putting new numbers in the B cell list over and over to get a new extracte...

Using CTreeCtrl to display streaming data
Hi there, I'm going to be creating an application that displays test data to a certain processor. The default view is to show the overall status of the processor. If there is an error shown, the user can click that processor and specific devices within the processor will be shown with their status. Now here is what I want to do with CTreeCtrl, since I'm brand new to MFC I just need to know what I want is feasible... to get simpler test data, a certain message has to be continously pinged to the processor. To get the detailed test data, more messages have to be sent. Is t...