How do I easily divide an excel list of names/addresses among 6 pe

I am very new to Excel and need to divide an excel spreadsheet with 250
names, addresses, dates, etc  between 6 people in an order of wedding date.
 Is there a really easy way to divide the list up so that each of the 6
people  gets the next name on the list?

Hi MGrantvine,

I'm sure it will be fairly easy to sort your data, but we
need some more detail as to how your data is formatted
and exactly what result you would like.

For instance are your names, addresses, dates etc all in one
column or are they separated into separate columns.

You say you want them sorted into 6 groups sorted by wedding date.
This is a bit vague can you give more detail as to your requirements.

Awaiting your reply
Martin

0
mtmw (348)
9/13/2006 8:16:26 AM
Assuming that you have your various data in seperate columns etc
I also assume that the data is in *date* order

You want to divided the list into 6 so that the first 6 weddings are giv=
en  =

1 each to the 6 people, then the next 6 to those same 6 etc etc.

Add an extra column of data with the values 1,2,3,4,5,6 repeated
The data an then be viewed via the data filter to show just one persion,=
  =

ie no 4
or by sorting on the person number first, then the date
you will have 6 *lists*

Exact details depened on the format of your data etc, but that's the ide=
Steve

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:55:02 +0100, MGrantvine  =

<MGrantvine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am very new to Excel and need to divide an excel spreadsheet with 25=
0
> names, addresses, dates, etc  between 6 people in an order of wedding =
 =

> date.
>  Is there a really easy way to divide the list up so that each of the =
6
> people  gets the next name on the list?

-- =

Steve (3)
0
sj_walton (248)
9/13/2006 8:31:29 AM
Thanks Martin- Someone else had replied as well, and I did finally figure it
out on my own -just had to do some thinking and playing with the columns- and
then sorted a few different ways to get the result I needed.  I appreciate
your time!

"MartinW" wrote:

> Hi MGrantvine,
>
> I'm sure it will be fairly easy to sort your data, but we
> need some more detail as to how your data is formatted
> and exactly what result you would like.
>
> For instance are your names, addresses, dates etc all in one
> column or are they separated into separate columns.
>
> You say you want them sorted into 6 groups sorted by wedding date.
> This is a bit vague can you give more detail as to your requirements.
>
> Awaiting your reply
> Martin

OK glad you got it sorted out.

Regards
Martin

0
mtmw (348)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

invalid email address

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

learning Excel #3

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Changing Domain Name through Internet Address Management Wizard
Hi Guys I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing remote.mydomain.com address through Internet address management wizard. Now he wants to change to remote.mynewdomain.com as old domain is too long. Is there any way so we can change through IAMW. run the wiz, job done. "Atul Sood" <atulsood@live.com> wrote in message news:uVlbmkd3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys > > I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client > using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing rem...

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...

Contact oddity and why are there 2 Contact Lists?
Running Win 7, and was receiving emails in WLM with my maiden name listed in the TO:. I found out that I had my maiden name listed in Contacts (I run a high school mailing list here) so I decided to check it out and changed the last name to all caps. Sure enuf the next email I rec'd showed that name. I then deleted the email address connected to my name in the contact list and everything is back to "normal" (whatever that is <G>) Why in the world are there 2 contact lists on my computer......one thru WLM and one thru Windows Contacts? I'm confused. ...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...