how do I draw a dotted line

I wish to draw a dotted or dashed line in excel, how do I do it

Hi,

If your drawing toolbar isn't visable, click View>Toolbars and select
Drawing from the list.

Select the line icon and draw your line where you want it, then right click
on the line and select Format Autoshape, in the Colors and Lines tab you can
adjust how your line looks.

Hope this helps,

Gav

"blank flange" wrote:

> I wish to draw a dotted or dashed line in excel, how do I do it
0
Gav123 (12)

Disappearing Lines!
I have had a chart for some weeks now that I update periodically. It is a simple line chart. When I opened the chart today, my data series points were all there, but no series line connecting them. I have checked everything I can possible think of, to no avail. I finally decided to just recreate the chart. When I choose line as my chart type, there are still no lines!! (This is only true of the basic line; stacked line charts appear to be functioning fine.) Anybody have a clue? Any experience with disappearing lines? I am having the same problem with a combination chart where the...

How do I insert a dot/check mark in a cell in Excel?
This is very basic! And I am having a problem... I want to insert a dot or check mark in a cell. Where can I find a dot/check mark? I thought they can be easily found, but I can't find them. Can anybody help? See if this helps, Sue: http://www.officearticles.com/misc/symbols_and_characters_in_microsoft_office.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "sue" <sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93425CB8-2CE6-4277-AA05-38F597DEB1F2@microsoft.com... > This is very basic! And I am having a problem... I want to insert a dot > or > ...

Change what populates subject line when send pdf report in email
When I choose to send my POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the PO number populating that field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

changing a line to a bar in "line-bar graph"
I have 4 qtrs of data and a benchmark set up in a line-bar graph. when the graph comes up, 3 of the quarters are reflected as bars; the 4th qtr appears as a line, along with the benchmark. I want to be able to change the 4th qtr to a bar. I need this for a board report - ASAP please Laurie - Right click on the series, choose Chart Type from the pop up menu, and select the chart type you want for that series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Laurie M wrote: > I have 4 qtrs of data and a benchmark set up in a...

Sales Order Entry Line Items
Customer needs to have line items on SOP entry to match with their customer RFPs, etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=37748125-b025-42bf-9978-d3e024f865f0&...

How to rotate a line-chart?
Is there a way to rotate the chart 90 degrees clockwise. The chart is as I want it to be only tilted. I've tried to approach the problem by changing the in-data (switching the values with the category) but that just made things worse, - because i have several functions in the same chart. -- Borgas ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Borgas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28660 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483325 What is the chart type for your chart? "Borgas...

CListCtrl Advanced Grid Line Draw
I am developing an application using MFC 4.2. The LVS_EX_GRIDLINES style is not supported on this version of MFC so I need to subclass the CListCtrl class and draw it myself. What become problem is that I must draw the grid lines based on the item grouping like this: __________________________________ | ID | Type | Category | Brand | ------------------------------------------------ | ID1 | Car | Sports Car | Ferrari360| | | | | Lamborgi | | | | | Porsche25| -------------------------------...

Colouring the plain at the zero line?
Hello, I want to colour the plain at the zero level on the y-axis. Is this possible? Greets Xaver Xaver, If I'm understanding correctly, you can double-click on the X or Y axis to bring up the Format Axis dialog box. Choose the color that you want in the Patterns tab -> Lines Color option. Alternatively, you can add an additional series that runs up the Y axis at the zero value. You can make color changes to this series just like you would any others. The effect would be that you are coloring the Y axis at the zero value. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook....

Command line argument to start Outlook 2003
When I try to start Outlook 2003, I get error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The Command line argument is not valid." What is the correct command line argument to start Outlook 2003. Thanks for any help. Bring up the properties on the shortcut and post what you have. Generally just a simple "c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\outlook.exe" will get the app up and running. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Mike" <cdn12@netz...

Creating Double Lines
I'd like to create a road without using the Road Shapes' Road stencil. I'd like to have two thin lines make up my roads like so: ______________________ _______________________ That's easy enough. But creating curves in the road where the lines are the exact width apart all the way through is an exceptionally frustrating process. Any suggestions? Thanks, AJ You should be able to create a scaled line pattern to do this. Open the Drawing Explorer, and add a new line pattern... "AJ" <asbjiv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eTr2grZbEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx....

Mixed justification on a line
I need to mix the justification in a line of text in Publisher 2003. Part left, part right. mfried21 wrote: >I need to mix the justification in a line of text in > Publisher 2003. Part left, part right. =================================== Have you tried using two text boxes? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled Hi - Use left justification for the line and put in a text-to- the-left tab stop on your right margin. M. >-----Original Message----- >I need to mix the justification in a line of text in Publisher 2003. Part >left, part right. >. > ...

Possible reasons for a C++ exception being thrown for line three?
std::string MatchedSTRING; String2MATCH[1000]; if (MatchedSTRING != String2MATCH) { My first guess was an index out of bounds error. should have said: char String2MATCH[1000]; "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:g76Yh.18159$2Q1.749@newsfe16.lga... > std::string MatchedSTRING; > String2MATCH[1000]; > if (MatchedSTRING != String2MATCH) { > > My first guess was an index out of bounds error. > It would be alot easier to diagnose if we had some idea how long the strings were, or what kind of exception was thrown, and by whom, an...

Custom Draw and CListCtrl
Hi, I would like to write a custom draw CListCtrl and the first method I would like to implement is SetBkImage() (because it doesn't exist on PocketPC). My question is in which custom-draw method should I draw background ? What are the steps to follow ? Have you tried doing it with OnEraseBkgnd instead? Examples of CustomDraw in ListControl are available at codeproject/codeguru. -- Ajay "Mosfet" <mosfet@anonymous.org> wrote in message news:490c672c$0$26941$426a74cc@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > I would like to write a custom draw CListCtrl and the first metho...

Line break disabling symbol?
Hi, time to time, I get http:// www.link.com to get breaked this way. How can I disable possible breaking after / or similar characters? Thanks, Jan Select the paragraphs that contain the lines you want to keep together. On the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click the Line and Paragraph Breaks tab. Select the Keep lines together check box. or Widows and orphans are single lines of text in a paragraph that print at the top or bottom of a text box or column. You can choose to avoid separating these lines from the rest of the paragraph. Select the paragraphs f...

Adding Item Line Number to receipt
Dear All, Can I add Item Line Number in receipt. Thanx in Advance, Ibrahim Zubair Hi Zubair, Yes you can do so buy doing following steps: 1. Go to \Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates 2. Make a backup of receipt.xml file and make write only property of receipt.xml file. 3. Add the a variable in Variable Declaraion Section <SET name="RowLineNo" type="vbdouble"> 0 </SET> 4. Go to Transaction Detail Section and add the following code under <BORDER>.... <COLUMNHEADER> ...

2005 Small Business
Hello all. I'm using Money 2005 Small Business Edition. Here is the scenario. I took an Owner's Draw (by writing a check) from my business account in the amount of $7,000 and put it in my personal savings account. In the same visit to my bank I deposited $340 of my personal money I had kicking around. These are now 2 separate transactions in my personal savings account register. When I download my bank info into money, it shows a totally new transaction of a deposit in the amount of $7,340, but does not realize that this is the combination of 2 existing transactions. Thus, my ...

Invisable lines that print
I am using the "ethernet shape" and pull the yellow diamonds to connect to my server shapes, it looks fine on the screen but when I print there is a line that prints at an angle from the servers connection point to the center of the "ethernet shape" What is causing this, it's driving me mad.... I can't find on option that says somthing like "show connector end location when printing" ??? Help "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F74820B5-67C0-4579-8C22-84674424C1ED@microsoft.com... >I am using the "...

CStatic multi line
Hello NG, I have a CStatic with "line break" (no horizontal scroll). I write text consisting of multiple lines with SetWindowText. If my text now has more lines than the control can show, the lines at the end are not shown. I can't find a scrollbar for CStatic. Is it possible to "scroll" down to the end of the text? This would be more important than seeing the beginning of the text. Or is there even a scrollbar for CStatic that can be implemented? Thanks for help, Guido Heres a scrolling CStatic, that may help: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/staticctrl/arti...

Wrap and merge text will not show all lines
I am using a required formate for a report done in Excel. The odd lines use 5 blocks and the even lines use these blocks merged into one to fill with text. When the data is 9 or more lines long it quits wrapping so cannot be read. My report is due and I cannot figure out how to fix this. Any ideas or is this a program problem? Text does stop wrapping in a cell after about 1000 characters. You might consider putting the text in a text box (from the Drawing toolbar). -- Jim "jar57" <jar57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8DA7311-306A-413F-B31E-4C3...

My ActiveX control, drawing its child controls etc.
Hello, I have written an ActiveX control losely based of the instructions on this guys website: http://www.murrayc.com/learning/windows/createactivex.shtml Now my control has two sub controls on it. On the left theres a TreeCtrl, and on the right is a GridCtrl (this is the free MFC CGridCtrl available on the Code Projects and Code Guru websites) There is no dialog resource that I painted the controls on, they are created dynamically, as in the URL example I pasted in above. The IDs for the 2 controls were therefore manually included in resource.h The idea is that there is really a lot of ...

Line Item Restrict to Actual Item Numbers
Is it possible for purchasing and for sales to restrict the line item field to only use a valid existing item number in the database? We have a problem in processing that is caused because the system allows them to type in item numbers that do not exist. Configure SOP not to accept non-inventory item and and educate user in POP not to mark Add Item in the options menu when in Purchase Order Entry window. Otherwise write a VBA script to validate Item Code from Item Master and Vendor Item Master. AllenMc, Dencio is correct. In SOP / POP window option ...

Does Money 2005 include free on-line billpay?
In money 2004 you used to get free bill pay for 1 year with deluxe, 2 years with premum. That was in addition to the other online services. Is that still true with 2005, or was that a one-time deal? Looking at the Money web site, it doesn't say anything about that any more. I started with deluxe, and my year of bill pay is renewal soon. If 2005 does not include bill pay, I'm thinking of getting a discount copy of 2004 premium to get an extra year. If 2005 does include bill pay, I'm wondering if its possible to use the 2005 bil pay account but still stay with Money 2004 given ...

To line
Is there a way to remove repeated addresses from the To line? "Bunny" <Bunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CABF89E1-F7E1-4DB9-A663-9A14A16FE6EA@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to remove repeated addresses from the To line? Click Delete? ...

creating mixed dashed and solid line charts
Is it possible to create a line chart that mixes dashed and solid lines on a single data series? I have a couple of data points missing throughout the chart and would like to represent that with a dashed line. Thank you. On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, nathanhutto <nathanhutto@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is it possible to create a line chart that mixes dashed and solid lines on a >single data series? I have a couple of data points missing throughout the >chart and would like to represent that with a dashed line. Create two data series, one for ...

Captions and Citations won't format differently on same line.
Sir/Ma'am, Here's my issue: I have several figures in my document, which I have captioned using the "caption" command. Additionally, I have given the source for the caption as well. For instance: "Figure 1: Elm Tree (Jones, 2007)." I have created a Table of Figures, and the table of figures views the citation as part of the caption. When I try to select the citation and change it to normal text style (so the table of figures won't recognize it as captioned text) it will not let me change it if it is on the same line. My style book requ...