How do I draw a circle around a cell I want to highlight

How do I draw a circle around a cell I want to highlight - I want to
see the text within the cell and colour the circle red. I tried
inserting a circle from the 'drawing toolbar' but I couldn't see the
text in the cell.

i have seen Excel worksheets with this feature and would like to
emulate it.

Thanks,

Janev
0
newcole (13)

See Tools/Formula checking/Display Formula checking Toolbar/Circle unvalid
values

Regards,
Stefi

„Janev” ezt írta:

> How do I draw a circle around a cell I want to highlight - I want to
> see the text within the cell and colour the circle red. I tried
> inserting a circle from the 'drawing toolbar' but I couldn't see the
> text in the cell.
>
> i have seen Excel worksheets with this feature and would like to
> emulate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Janev

0
Stefi (275)
9/18/2006 10:54:01 AM
Click on the circle, and change the Fill colour from automatic to *No Fi=
ll*

Steve

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:03:48 +0100, Janev <newcole@comcen.com.au> wrote:=

> How do I draw a circle around a cell I want to highlight - I want to
> see the text within the cell and colour the circle red. I tried
> inserting a circle from the 'drawing toolbar' but I couldn't see the
> text in the cell.
>
> i have seen Excel worksheets with this feature and would like to
> emulate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Janev
0
sj_walton (248)
9/18/2006 11:23:39 AM
Janev

Have a look at this google search result for a couple of methods.

http://snipurl.com/wmaw

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:03:48 +1000, Janev <newcole@comcen.com.au> wrote:

>How do I draw a circle around a cell I want to highlight - I want to
>see the text within the cell and colour the circle red. I tried
>inserting a circle from the 'drawing toolbar' but I couldn't see the
>text in the cell.
>
>i have seen Excel worksheets with this feature and would like to
>emulate it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Janev

0
Gord

If any cell in a range is blank question
Hello. I have two sheets in a workbook. One is a Summary sheet, and the next is titled "Bldg 5". What I am trying to make sure is that the range A1:K20 on the Bldg 5 sheet has had data entered to them (ie, they are not blank). The question that corresponds to Summary sheet A1 is "Has the data for Bldg 5 been updated?" If ANY blank in Bldg 5's range A1: K20, then put a "NO" in Summary A1's cell. If ALL of the Bldg 5 range had data in it, then put a "YES" in Summary A1. I also need A1 to update as data is entered into the Bldg 5 range (a...

Splitting a cell that has word wrap as the delimiter
Hi - I have an excel cell that has name on one line, then alt+enter, address on the next line, then alt+enter, state on the next line, etc... I want to split them - I tried using Data Text to Columns, but I can't figure out to use the Alt+enter as the delimiter. Any ideas? Check other and place the cursor in the box, hold down Alt while typing 010 on the numpad, release the Alt key -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074301c3c3f9$59b12340$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - > > I have an excel cell that ...

Changing color of a range of cells dending up on a value in anothr
Hi, I need to change the color of a range of cell, depending up on the value in another cell. I am using Excel 2003. And it allows me to give only 3 conditions when using conditional format. But I have 7 differnt conditions. Thanks in advance for any help. Srajes. Unless you move to XL2007, you will need to use VBA. Here are some sites that will help http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-conditional-formatting-limit.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm Alternatively, there is an add-in here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- Steve "Srajes&qu...

Can I block "all" except those I want?
All, Does anyone know if you can configure Outlook 2000 to block all e-mails except those addresses I choose to accept or agree to by adding them? Thanks, Kendall >Does anyone know if you can configure Outlook 2000 to >block all e-mails except those addresses I choose to >accept or agree to by adding them? I know. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Text Box Linked To Cell
My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? Thanks, Denise Hi denise, Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar. Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 ) The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE: =Sheet2!C5 ) Dave denise Wrote: > My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a > particular > cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? > > Thanks, > Denise -- Piranha --------------------------...

Truncated Merged Cells
Actually, I have truly MERGED cells that contain LINKS to other workbooks. The merged cells were created exactly as you described and the data within them (text) comes from several other workbooks, with the appropriate references. We created them in 95 and later converted them to 97. We can use them in Excel XP but they lose the data that would be displayed on 2002 and 2003. Have not tried 2000 yet. Thanks for the help. We are very concerned about this problem. Our workbooks are complex with many links. Elsa I only have the ideas that I already posted. And you can find posts in goog...

Is there a way to Sort Data by font color or cell shading?
I have a long list of items that I sort by either item number or date depending on what I'm looking for. From time to time these items status will change and I will gray them out by just shading the background of the cell gray. Is there a way I can sort these items by the background/shading of the cell first and then the secondary sort be date? So all the cells which contain gray shading will be first in the list (sorted by date if possible) then the rest of the list without the gray shading will follow by date as well. Thanks. Take a look at this link: http://www.cpearson.c...

Cell identity when printing comments on separate page

Howto draw CImageList using alpha channel (repost)
I am desperately trying to draw images from an imagelist to the screen, using the alpha channel to blend nicely into the background. Alas, I give up, I am totally confused with all the flags and options, having tried out probably all the possible combinations except the one that works :-) Here's my (abbreviated) code: --------- CImageList myImageList; myImageList.Create (24,24,ILC_COLOR32,0,1); CBitmap myBitmap; myBitmap.LoadBitmap (IDB_MYBITMAP); myImageList.Add (&myBitmap, RGB(255,0,255)); CDC dc; dc.Attach (lpDrawItemStruct->hDC); // this comes from the caller myImageLis...

All i want is a 'User unknown'
Hello people, i'm pulling my hair out here. Situation: I need to change a setting on a Exchange 2000 server so that it gives a "550 User unknown" if that whould be the case. The (in my case) problem with exchange 2000 is that even though the user doesn't exists, it still accepts the message (to bounce it later on) This is what i want #### 220 mail.dmrt.net ESMTP Postfix --Don't make us annoy you-- 250 mail.dmrt.net mail from: me@mywork.org 250 Ok rcpt to: i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net 550 <i-do-not-exist@dmrt.net>: User unknown in local recipient table This is what ...

Assigning a color to a cell
I saw some other post about kind of the same problem but not this way. I have a risk evaluation formula in a cell. Output range is between 1 and 9 If between 1 and 3, I want to assign the color lightgreen to it If between 4 and 6 I want to assign the color yellow to it and red if 7 to 9. Is this possible within the Function use ? If not, How can I apply that automatically ? a macro ? How ? TIA Hi See menu Format > Conditional format. It has a very helpful wizard. (Remember to consider what should happen at exact numbers 3, 6, 9.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Junkyard Engineer&qu...

Inserting an image into a cell
Is there any way to insert an image (or a series of images) into a cell rather than onto a worksheet? Many thanks hi unless they have changed something in 2007, about the only way you can do that is insert it as a comment. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Regards FSt1 "Trent SC" wrote: > Is there any way to insert an image (or a series of images) into a cell > rather than onto a worksheet? > > Many thanks > > > Hi, Not into the cell but maybe you could use the comment to hold your image. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments0...

Running macros for different cells at the same time
Hi all, Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the sam time? If so how do I go about setting it up? Cheers Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > Is it possible to run different macros on different cells at the same > time? If so how do I go about setting it up? > > Cheers > > Michael > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yes it is possible to run different m...

Word Wrap in Cells
Hiya, Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and have text in paragraphs (using alt-ret) within the cell. Some sentences (all within the same cell)are wrapped but others aren't. Any ideas? New one on me this. Many thanks, Shaun Hi if you have lots of text in your cell (>1000 characters) this could happen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1103641104.32476.1@demeter.uk.clara.net... > Hiya, > > Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and ha...

Splitting multiple cell contents from 1st column into 4 columns
n my first column I have 4 cells (1-4) (5-8) etc. with general content. The content from each of these 4 cells needs to be placed in a separate column to make a list that I can sort etc. Example: COLUMN A 1 01-04-425-001 2 Heatherridge Road #301 3 Harry Smith 4 H25 Condo Fairfax Place 5 01-05-356-041 6 McGrath Street # 56 7 Mary Jones 8 B45 Condo Lemon Circle . . . . . . and so on and so on every 4 cells. I have hundreds of 4 cell descriptions. I just can't do this one by one. Can anyone help, PLEASE, PLEASE. I am really a novice at Excel though I use it for e...

Draw continous vertical line in report detail section
My report has a report header approx 1.5" tall, a page header approx 0.5" tall, followed by the detail section. How can I print a fixed height detail section with verticle lines even if there are only a few records? Essentially, trying to replicate a paper form. The line starts at the bottom of the page header and continues to the top of page footer. In a post a couple days ago, Allen Browne recommended the below for drawing a line down the entire page.....this close, and I am trying to figure out a similar approach for the detail section. Private Sub Report_Page() Me....

how read value from last selected cell? It is possible? how get adress last selected cell?
for example. I write to cell A11 value "hello", and next: IF I click "ENTER" or IF I click mouse in any different cell (A15, B10, C1... free choice) I wont to display: MsgBox "Value in your last selected cell = ???" On this example MsgBox "Value in your last selected cell = hello" it is very important for me. I try with event of Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ?? but :( thanks everybody, Andrzej Andrzej You have little choice but to use the Worksheet_Change() event as the Worksheet_SelectionChange() event, give you the cell ...

How do I pass series data x-value range to a chart from a cell?
I have a series on a line chart (x-values "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10"). I also have two worksheet cells (B1 & B2) that contain the start and end date for the x-axis of the chart. I want to be able to link the chart series data to the start and end date values so that the chart automatically adjusts when I change the dates in the worksheet cells. I can create a string or address for the x-values but how do I do not know how to pass this to the chart series?? I know I can do this using a macro, but I want to do it without macros so that friends who use MicrosoftCharts (the cheap, n...

Make a drawing via access using loop
I have a table with one field in it and I wont to draw one record soI created a form and I created a loop to go to the next recordrandomly the whole table and then every second minute I stop the loopand Igot the winner, means the record where the loop stop in itbut I don't have a way to stop the loop only by pressing ctrl breakI wont to code that when i will press any key it should stop runningthe code and it should came up a MSG box with the nameany help please?thankshere is the codePrivate Sub Command2_Click()gggg:DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acFirstDo Until Me.NewRecordDoCmd.GoToRecord{here I ...

Is there a way to protect individual cells?
Hello, is there a way to protect individual cells? Thank you -- amos7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- amos79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2759 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47112 amos79 Wrote: > Hello, is there a way to protect individual cells? Thank you! Go to *Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet* Regards -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=g...

16-year old completes Sail Around the World in 7 months
Australian teen completes round-the-world sail May 15, 5:36 AM (ET) By KRISTEN GELINEAU SYDNEY (AP) - A 16-year-old Australian who spent seven months at sea in her pink yacht sailed across the finish line of her round-the-world journey Saturday, becoming the youngest sailor to circle the globe solo, nonstop and unassisted. Thousands of spectators erupted into cheers as Jessica Watson sailed into Sydney Harbour, the finale to an epic adventure in which she battled 40-foot (12-meter) waves, homesickness and critics who said she'd never make it home alive. "She said ...

I do not want quarter fold invitation but rather 1/2 page folded .
HELP... I have search KB and cant get this right...I use Publisher 2003 and I want to do the following: use 81/2 X 11 cardstock to produce TWO folded note cards If I use the template in publisher for invitations my only options are to have it ended up at a quarter fold I tried pasting the avery template in publisher cant get it to work... I want these notecards with the fold at the top..please help aprylb@earthlink.net Use the custom setup. landscape, input 5.5 in the width box. This will give you two per page. In the arrange menu, set the margins for the largest margin of your printer&#...

This one is tricky....Macro to save file as cell value x in direct
Hi Two cells A1 & B2 I am trying to create a Macro to attach to a button to Save an .xls as "A1".xls in directory R:/SALES/Team 318/"B2" instead of typing it in all of the time.... Any helpers? Past attempts at this have failed.....the winner will get a big MVP vote! Absolute respect Andy Try something like: Sub Test() Dim mypath As String Dim sfile As Range, sdir As Range mypath = "R:\SALES\Team 318\" Set sfile = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") Set sdir = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B2") ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filen...

movin' around Outlook
Over the years, I have carefully maintained my Outlook address book, calendar, to do list, etc. I have also been frustrated but the data's lack of portability. I routinely back up the data files to a FTP site and restore it on other the other PCs I use. What I would like to do is store the data on a server that I have SQL, Web and FTP access to and link to that file from whatever machine I'm using. That way all machines/locations are constantly synchronized. I don't really care if I continue storing the data in the native pst format. I have used the Plaxo service for a couple of...

download logging help wanted
I am trying to get exchange server5.5(SP4, all hotfixes,running on WinntServer 4.0 SP6a) to use the download logging feature. I have attempted the solution offered by microsoft article # 168443 with VERY limited results. The events recorded are to be of id 7102 according to the MS article, but I only get events of ID 7101. Though they are of the wrong id, they are the correct events regarding download logging. It also does NOT work for more than 2 logged events. I have tried many times to remove the registry entries, reinstall the service packs, reinstall the registry entries for lo...