How do I display two excel pages at the same time?

I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same
time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when
I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office
2003. Thanks for the help.

--
snowtime
snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982

Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other
choices, I usually use vertical)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"snowtime" <snowtime.1tbiqe_1123290336.8376@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:snowtime.1tbiqe_1123290336.8376@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same
> time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when
> I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office
> 2003. Thanks for the help.
>

> --
> snowtime
> snowtime's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499

0
terre081 (3244)

DoCmd.TransferDatabase run-time error 2501
I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this. I have several databases created using Access 2000. I'm using a transfer utility developed by a contractor of some years ago for our company to update the production databases we have at remote locations. I have used it without error or problem for two years and it started hanging up, giving me this error: Run-time error '2501' TransferDatabase was cancelled I've been running through the knowledge base and online help to try and find out why this was occurring. All I've been able to do so far is ...

Vertical Indent in Excel 2002
Please help me to create Vertical Indent in Excel 2000 or 2002 because the border line are very near to the text given in a table, it looks very congested in the gap between lines and text when we use auto fit to rows option. there is any solution for this please help me i want to know the option. No such feature as Vertical Indent. You can use Alt + Enter to provide a line feed at top and bottom of cell. Select a cell then hit Alt + Enter Type the text you need then hit Alt + Enter then Enter. This will give you a blank line at top and bottom. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

excel columns keep changing size
I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have 5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper, landscape format. Every time I try to change the font size of the text, excel automatically changes the columns size. ALso, even though it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the screen and also on paper. What is going on? Check your pages set up settings. Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th paper you are using then it wi...

Run-time error '3183' Not enough space on temporary disk
Can anyone shed some light on what this error means and how to fix it? This database runs automatically each week and has worked fine up until today. Now each time it reaches a specific query it gives me this error. Does this have something to do with the jet*.tmp files? I can provide more info if needed. Thanks in advance. How big is the datebase file(s)? The newer versions of Access have a maximum of 2 GB size. You could try to do a Compact and Repair to bring down the file size. Also check how much free space there is on the drive holding the database file. You could just be running o...

Excel Formatted Spreadsheet To SQL ?
Hello, Is there any reasonably straightforward way to convert an Excel spreadsheet, or part of one, to a format that SQL would accept ? Thanks, Bob Usually the method that works is to save the worksheet in CSV format. Then import the CSV format into your database. Access will import CSV and so wil a number of other databases. -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=196450 http://www.the...

Concatenating two sets of records
I have two "sub"-queries that each yield the correct set of data from each of two sets of source tables. These tables have some degree of commonality (but are not "related"). The field (column) names in each of these two queries are identical to one another. Where one either of the queries does not produce any data for a particular field that only has meaning in the other query, I simply define a field with the appropriate name (i.e., the same name as in other other query)and assign it a value of Null. What I now want to do is bring BOTH result sets together (conc...

Re-using a "Door Prize No"
Hi, I’m on Access 2003 on XP Pro with all the latest updates. I’m working for a charity that has a membership database. Each member is assigned a door prize number. The goal is to not have any gaps in the door prize number. When a member leaves the area, we flag that member as “gone” and I want to re-assign their door prize number to the next new member. I’ve already beat my head against the wall talking to management about why they reuse number and they are not going to budge. I can logically see what I need to do, but I don’t know how to code it. I would appreciat...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

How do I read Pocket Excel files from Excel
Just got an Ipaq and trying to use ActiveSync to synchronise speadsheet files between that and my desktop. Unfortunately, when I update the file using Pocket Excel on the Ipaq, it is converted to .pxl format, which the desktop version of Excel (2000) won't read! How do I get round this one? ...

Combine the contents of two cells.
I want to copy the contents of a cell and insert it at the beginning of the text of another cell: ie I want to combine the text contained in two cells into one cell. I can do it manually but would like to use a macro as I have a lot of cutting and inserting to do!! I use Office 2000. Hi! Assume you want to combine cells A1:A100 with cells B1:B100. In cell C1 enter this formula: =A1&B1 If you want a space between values: =A1&" "&B1 Drag copy down to C100 or just double click the fill handle. Now, if you no longer need the data in columns A and B select C1:C10...

Chaging the display font size
Hello, How can I change, within my code, the display font size from 96 DPI to 120 DPI? I would like to do it using either MFC or the Win32 SDK. Thanks, Eitan ...

How To Create Order Form in Excel
Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? You can't slant the cell itself. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "MAllen" wrote: > Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know > how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the > whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? ...

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...

prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates
in Excel v. X for Mac how do I permanently prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates. Formatting individual cells as text will not work in my applications. I need to disable this funtion. Not possible - there's no preference option to turn this off. Instead of preformatting as text, entries can be made with an apostrophe as a prefix: '3/4 You might be able to use an event macro to change it back retroactively, but that depends on knowing what format the user entered it. For instance, 3/4, 3-4, 4Mar, mar4, etc will all be interpreted as 4 Marc...

Unable to translate Unicode character \u00E9 at index 5409 to specified code page.
I've got some C# 2.0 code that has been working for a year. using (XmlWriter w = XmlWriter.Create("out.xml" ,settings)) { // many lines of code to write to w w.WriteStartElement("contactTypeRef"); Suddently, I'm getting this 100% repeatable error: ************** Exception Text ************** System.Text.EncoderFallbackException: Unable to translate Unicode character \u00E9 at index 5409 to specified code page. at System.Text.EncoderExceptionFallbackBuffer.Fallback(Char charUnknown, Int32 index) at System.Xml.CharEntityEncoderFallbackBuffer.Fallback(Char...

excell documents
when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. instead, i must open excell first click on file then open its then that my documents opens. any idea on what might be causing this. makolomakwem@ananzi.co.za -- hunter Can you single click the excel document to highlight it from the desktop. If so, can you then select "Enter" to open the document. Does the double-click issue happen with any other items on the desktop? "hunter" wrote: > when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. > instead, i must open excell first...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

How do I activate sort in Excel?
I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot select it. How do I activate the sort function again. Any ideas? Hi marygries Unprotect your sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "marygries" <marygries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A81E1842-3CF4-4CF5-85B3-ED01BEF943C7@microsoft.com... >I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these > worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot s...

PLS HLP Waterfall doesn't display properly
I am following various instructions for creating a waterfall. I have supplier names in column A, Values in column B and an additional column C that will "disappear". I have followed the formula for column C so that it ends up with a 0 value in the last cell, then created a stacked column chart. My bars don't seem to float - they are at the bottom of the chart. I have tried different ways of rearranging, but to no avail, although I have been at this for many, many hours and maybe am just exhausted. I would like my largest segment to appear from 0, then the next largest v...

Corrupt Excel Menu Bar
Somehow my excel menu bar became corrupted. I now have 7 "Edit" menus, 2 Format menus, and 2 Tools menus in my standard excel view. As a keyboard user (rather than a mouse user), this is killing my productivity. Any ideas? Help! Try this. Right-click your menu bar, select Customize, click the Toolbars tab, click the Reset button, click OK, click Close. That should reset your menu to normal. >-----Original Message----- >Somehow my excel menu bar became corrupted. I now have >7 "Edit" menus, 2 Format menus, and 2 Tools menus in my >standard excel ...

Can I make a Cladogram using microsoft Excel?
I'm using microsoft offfice 2003 and was curious is there anyway I can make a caldogram using the program? I know that it is possible to make a family tree; however this is inifficient in depicting ancestoral progression of the species- which would be better display with a cladogram. Any Help greatly appreciated! Hi, Maybe fernando cinquegrani's cluster or grafi examples may help. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html It should be possible to construct a chart using a xy-scatter and various charting tricks. But a lot depends on how you have this data stored. Cheers Andy La...

data-set too big for Excel
I am using Excel to extract data from a database, but when the extracted data is too extensive, Excel is stuck. Is there any way to expand the data-holding capacity of Excel? I am using Excel 2000. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Help? My formula is displaying in my cell
Hi there - For some reason I have one cell (in a workbook where everything else i working) that when I type in the formula in the formula bar . . . th stupid formula is showing up in the cell. My formula is simply this: =Info!B13 Because I am taking text from a sheet labeled Info in cell B13. I'v done this for about a million cells in this workbook so far an everything else has worked. This one stupid cell is just showing m the formula. Can anyone give me some suggestions to fix that? Much appreciated! Thanks! Jennife -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jennifer,...

Representing times in excel without dates
Excel experts I need your help!! I am using Office XP excel and am trying to represent time in the format: AM/PM without seconds. When I put in the time [I have the cell number format set to time/"1:30PM"/Locale is English (United States)], it comes up with the date preceding the time. I have tried varying settings of time but they all come up with the date. So if I try to put in 1:00PM it would represent this as a date and leave the rest of the time as 12am. I am doing a time sheet that subtracts the hours from between two times and then adds the differences up. I want it to ...

Stop excel icon showing at the bottom when opening spreadsheets
how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. Hi Rajesh, I assume you mean the Excel icons in the Windows taskbar. To prevent these from appearing go to Tools -> Options and on the View tab deselect the Windows in Taskbar checkbox. Michael "Rajesh" wrote: > how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple > spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. > > ...