how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.

im new to this office.  the former person made an access code sheet (looks
like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes
files that are in the office.  i guess the former did not save the sheet, and
i need to add new files.  So if i need to make a new access code sheet to
number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this.
(and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to
instructions)
0
Dana (34)

you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function.

you could just as easily do it in excel as well simply by typing the
numbers in the cells and then changing the format
(format/cells/patterns) .  you may want to play around with different
fonts to get the table you create to print at a size that matches up to
file folders or pendaflex.

0
chrisr1 (29)

Purchased Office 5-19--Upgrades Available?
This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way = to=20 upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote : > This is a retail, boxed copy of Office delivered 5-19. Is there any way to > upgrade to Office 2004 short of the $239 (or whatever it was)? Thanks. Yes! Se here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004tg --------------------------------------------------------- Please reply to the newsgroup, and within the same thread. Merci de r�pondre au groupe, et dans l'enfilade...

Getting the names of the tab sheets
Is there a way to get the names of all the tab sheets present in a workbook displayed in a column of a specific sheet of the same worrkbook? For example : I have a workbook with 11 sheets, their names are "one", "two", ......, "eleven". In sheet "one", in cells A1 to A10, the names "two", "three", ......"eleven" , should appear. Thanks and regards, Moises Hi Moises look at the following site to get some examples to build a table of contents for your worksheets http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm Frank...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Linking files 2 ways

find action on log file

File size #11

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Reporting from Project Server

How to create an autonumber field?

Maximum file sizes

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Control End After the Sheet is Modified
Hi, I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of the data. Is there any easy way to navigate to the end of the current data? End and down arrow doesn't work if there are gaps in the data. Thanks for looking. Paul You should use <Home> <End> Kassie "Paul" wrote: > Hi, > I use control end a lot to go to the bottom right corner of my big sheets. > If you delete rows & columns of data it no longer goes to the right hand of > the data. Is...

number format with leading 0