how do i copy rows to a new worksheet by a cell value

Hi,

I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell in a particular
column is "Yes" I wish to copy the values of that row to a different
worksheet.

Is this something suited to a macro?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Nibbs

0
Nibbs (4)

without a macro, use data>filter>autofilter>filter on yes>copy

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Nibbs" <Nibbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell in a particular
> column is "Yes" I wish to copy the values of that row to a different
> worksheet.
>
> Is this something suited to a macro?
>
> Many thanks for any assistance.
>
> Nibbs

0
dguillett1 (2487)

"unable to display all the cells due to low memory"
I have a co-worker getting this error whenever I try to open my Tasks folder. He has a lot of tasks (1000+), but they are all very small with no attachments. Running Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000. Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly ...

how do i automatically archive old cell contents to a separate .
I have a worksheet that contains lists of "action items", that is used to keep track of jobs that need to be done. I want to be able to automatically move the contents of a row of cells to another worksheet once the action item has been completed. In other words, once I have changed the value in a cell to "yes" (the action has been completed), the information is archived in a separate worksheet. Is this possible, and how? I'd keep them in place, but use Data|Filter|autofilter to show/hide what I want. I think it makes life much more simple--especially when you...

formulas and new rows
how do i get excel to automatically add my formula to new rows in a certain column. Excel 2002 -- mango7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mango7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29529 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492306 Hi: I just joined and did not know how to send a new message can someone show me. I have a question on written a formula which someone sent me and want to know how they made the formula This is what they wrote http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC....

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

how to determine the color with a value of column
I have the following problem. I have a percent column chart. I have only one series. In this case all columns will have the same color on the chart. I want these column colored regarding to the value of a column. I mean: - value: 80% color: yellow - value: 100% color: greeen - value: 40% color: red How to condition the color of the column with a percentage shown on the chart? I mean something like the conditional formatting, but on charts? Thanks in advance Marcin Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Kamyk ...

Spell check in a Protected worksheet
Hi, I would like to know how to do a Spell Check in Excel, when your worksheet is protected. At the moment the only way to do a Spell Check is if I unprotect my sheet, so this defeats the purpose of a protected sheet! I thought I had fixed it when I checked the box (Under: Protect Sheet: Allow all users of this worksheet to: Format Cells) Format Cells, but this only allows the user to fiddle with the basics (Font Size,Type,Alignments,Colours of Fonts, ect). If anyone has any tips, I would be most grateful! I don't think there is a way to do a spellcheck on a protected workshee...

instantaneous cell value
This is probably incredibly simple but I've been going in circles with it for some time. I'm looking for a way to grab and hold the instantaneous value of a cell whose contents are constantly being updated. Any thoughts? You can "fix" the values of a cell by <copy>, then select another cell (maybe in another sheet) and Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK. This would leave the formula in the original cell to continue to update itself. Hope this helps. Pete thanks for the reply. this works as a "manual" solution but how can I assign only the contents o...

Issue with cell ranges and formulas
I've got an interesting issue that I'd like some help with. I'm doing a performance analysis where I'm trying to average some numbers. Here's what I did to create the worksheet: In cell A1 enter 'Time', in B1 enter 'CPU #0', in C1 enter 'CPU #1', in D1 enter 'CPU #2', in E1 enter 'CPU #3', and in F1 enter 'Average'. I then format the cells in column A to use the 'time' category and '1:30 PM' type. Now I enter in cell A2 '8:30 PM' and A3 with '8:35 PM'. Next enter '17.368' in ...

merge data from one worksheet to another
This is probably simple but I can't figure it out. I am trying to create employee evalutaion workbook that will take employee names, social security numbers and employment anniversary dates from one worksheet that is already created and merge them into the correct cells on the Employee Evaluation worksheet that is also already created so I don't have to type each employee's information onto the evaluation. Also this will help when we lose or gain employees I can just remove or add them from one worksheet. Please help! Hi Dawn, If I understand the problem correctly (you have onl...

Splitting cells into multiple records
Hello, Here is what I am trying to do. I have an access DB that Excels pulls info out of and puts in a nice little format. My issue is that some of the fields have multiple records in it. Here is an example of the DB: First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation You would only have one first and last name, but there might be multiple instances in the issue and remediation cells. First Name | Last Name | Issue | Remediation John |Smith | Issue Number 1 | Remediation Number 1 | Issue Number 2 | Remediation Nu...

How to connect existing calendar/contacts to new Outlook profile
My old Outlook profile was from Outlook 2002 (which has a limit to the size of the data file, which I was exceeding). When I exceeded the limit it would not allow me to send/receive email. Now I have Outlook 2003, but I was having the same problem. So I created a new profile & imported the data from my old pst file. However, it did not bring over my contacts or calendar items. How can I get these into my new profile? I can see them in my Outlook if I also open my old pst data file, but when I try to sync my cell phone, it syncs the new calendar/contacts which is empty. Altern...

Urgent
Hi, We're migrating the end-user reporting from MS Access to SQL Server. However, we face a problem that our users have built a very large no. of queries/reports on MS Access. We expect it would take months to migrate to the new platform. We anticipate at the changeover time, some queries are still not yet migrated. So, we need to have a method to stop user from buiding new queries in MS Access but allowing use of existing ones. Now, they are using ODBC accont to connect from MS Access to Oracle database. And, each time they run /build a query, they would need t...

New emails show beyond next month date
Hi guys As of yesterday, my new emails are showing a date of from 4 August 2010 and today they started showing a date of 9 August 2010. This is hapening to a few clients of my clients as well and Im not sure what is causing it. All the email acounts are on POP and I have checked the system date on all the machines affected and all the machines have the correct dates on them. What could be causing this? -- Poodle Did you check the date on the actual mail server? "Poodle" <Poodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58EDFCC-0503-410B-AA9B-27AC...

Open a new sheet?
How can I get Excel to automatically open a new sheet in the sam workbook using the exact same sreadsheet that I have created wit formulas and all.? In doing that, I want excel to take the value i each sheet of cell A3 and automatically put it into cell A1 of the ne sheet. Thanks in advance. Mile -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27674 Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfu...

Filtered cells return after save???
Excel 2007... After removing columns from a document Im left with rows that have blanks in some of the fields. I click on the column that has blanks, go to data/ filter to uncheck blanks and then do a sort on the table to alphabetize the list thats left. I save the document thinking it all looks grteat. But when I reopen the document, the filter is not saved. the rows that have blank fields are back. Is it because there are other cells in the row that are not blank? Im confused. What good is filter? I need to filter the list to remove all rows with blanks in a particular column. None of...

Auto copy data rows between sheets depending on date entry
Hi, I’m having problems finding a way to auto copy rows of data from one worksheet to another depending on a date entry within the data row. I’ve created the following simple example to illustrate what I’m trying to achieve. I have a workbook containing 13 worksheet tabs. First worksheet is named ‘Raw data’, then 12 worksheets follow named ‘January’ to ‘December’. I enter rows of data into the first worksheet like the example below: ‘Raw data’ worksheet A B C D E 1 Nº Date Forename Surname Address 2 25 Mon 6 Ja...

How to combine text from 3 cells into 1 cell
How to combine from 3 text-cells into 1 cell with space between them? See your other post for answer. John "JOF" <JOF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35A395E5-81A3-428E-BED7-1DF41F5370FF@microsoft.com... > How to combine from 3 text-cells into 1 cell with space between them? =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 or =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) "JOF" wrote: > How to combine from 3 text-cells into 1 cell with space between them? try this if your text are in a column A in B2 =A2&" "&...

Write scatterplot point ID to a cell
Hello all I'm trying to click a point in a scatterplot and have its ID (label, values, whatever) written to a cell. Any ideas? Thanks jcamoes Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article "Chart Events in Microsoft Excel" http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 Cheers Andy jcamoes wrote: > Hello all > > I'm trying to click a point in a scatterplot and have its ID (label, > values, whatever) written to a cell. Any ideas? > > Thanks > > jcamoes > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks! That&#...

Using Off-Line Clients with new Customizations
Does anyone have any information availible about the Off-line Client for when a user is working off-line, and an on-line user changes the Customizations Schema. Hence knocking the off-line client Customizations and on-line server Customizations out of synch. I'm presuming that the only way forward is for the off-line user to re-install the off-line Outlook client to re-synch the Customizations, is this correct? Up until then, the Off-Line Client will crash (and hence prevent Outlook running) when connected to the network - is this the experience that anyone out there has seen? -...

Formula to copy multiple cells onto another sheet
I have a worksheet containing names and address that are repeated onto other sheets based on criteria in another column. What formula if any can I use to determine if that person meets that certain criteria to automatically copy the 3 columns that the name, phone, and address are located in to another sheet? A little more info: I have multiple worksheets and one master list containing 6 columns: First, Last, Birthday,Phone, and Address, and class. In the class column is a variety of class names. I would like to write a macro (I have never done this before!) ,if possible, that will ...

Sticking cells
BlankHiya, Im not sure how 2 explain this, but I would like 2 get Row 1 and 2 on my spreadsheet to 'stick', so when I scroll down my sheet the top 2 rows are always at the top. How can I do this? Thanks in advance. -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message news:u%235COkd8FHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > BlankHiya, Im not sure how 2 explain this, but I would like 2 get Row 1 > and > 2 on my spreadsheet to 'stick', so when...

Insert Cell Text Into Chart
I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Hi insert a textbox, select this textbox and enter the equation sign '='. Now select your cell on sheet 1 and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Karen wrote: > I have a cell of text(on sheet 1) that I want to paste > into the top portion of a chart (on sheet 2) - I have done > this before, but I cannot remember how - HELP! Thank you for your help - I'm sorry, maybe I didn't explain it ...

Office 2007 Styles create issue with "Too many different cell form
I'm not sure if anyone has come across this issue. I have a file that is used by both 2007 and 2003 users. Everything was working fine until one day the 2003 users were getting "Too many different cell formats." The issue was that there were now 3000+ styles on the spreadsheet. There were now custom styles created for each of the new cell styles in 2007 like the accents. It looks like everytime this was saved in compatibility mode, this was turned into a custom style. Eventually there were Accent1, Accent 1 1, Accent 1 2, etc. This looks like it will continue to...

row comparison
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that looks similar to the below: row 1: 1 aaa bbb ccc row2 : 1 aaa bbb ddd row3 : 2 eee fff ggg row4 : 2 eee zzz yyy .. .. .. What I want is a macro to run through all the rows and do a row-to-row comparison between rows with an identical id (first column). Differences should be highlighted by changing the cell colour to red. For example, with the above, a comparison of the first two rows should highlight the cells 'ccc' and 'ddd'. A comparison of the next two rows will highlight 'fff', 'zzz', 'ggg' and 'yyy'. Could ...

Omitting hidden columns when copying a range from a worksheet
I have a worksheet with numerous hidden columns and rows. I would like to copy the visible cells to a new worksheet, omitting the hidden cells. However, using cut and paste or paste special I always get the hidden cells copied as well. Is there a way round this? Alternatively, is there a quick way of deleting all hidden rows & columns, which would allow me to achieve the same thing if I copy the whole worksheet and then delete hidden rows & columns? After you've selected your range with the hidden rows/columns, hit Edit|goto (or F5 or ctrl-G) and the click special, then selec...