how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together

in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula
through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also
copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299
(H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell
references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on.
0
jon104 (1)

Jon,

Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas.  Just make sure your formula is

=H6*$H$3

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula
> through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also
> copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299
> (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell
> references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on.

0
Bernie

About DRAG/COPY in CDHTMLDialog created in MFC DLL #2
Hi, I have a question about using CDHTML dialog in DLL. If you create a simplest project about popup a CDHTML dialog from a MFC DLL, you will find that you cannot select and copy the HTML's contents and drag a link or drop a link into it. If you make the example more complex, you can make one CDHTML dialog created by local executable project, another by calling the function of the MFC DLL you created; then you will find a strange thing: if you open the local generated DHTML dialog first, then both dialog's drag/copy functions correctly; if you open the DLL function calling dia...

formula result not able to be summed
i have multiple formulas, i want to sum the results of formulas in columns l to q, then divide them by the total, i.e. L4:L10 divided by L4:Q10. but the results in those columns are from another column if the result of that other column falls within a certain category. so if D4 is either a, b, or c then L4 = F which is a number, but the value in L4 isnt formatted as a number therefore i cannot sum the values in column L. is there a way around this? Hi If there is a formula in L4, you'll need to turn the result into a number. Try something like: =VALUE(yourformula) in there. Hope th...

::: How to change formulas so I can copy them ? :::
Hi, I made formulas that are working good. But I can not copy them easily. Can anyone help me ? My problem is detailed into the following Excel file http://cjoint.com/?hpv1YggtI1 Thanks for your support. Jacques Try these formulas: C7: =HLOOKUP("ACTION TIME",DataBase!$C$6:$EA$11,6,FALSE) D7: =HLOOKUP("ACTION TIME",DataBase!$C$6:$EA$11,5,FALSE) E7: =HLOOKUP("ACTION TIME",DataBase!$C$6:$EA$11,3,FALSE) The dollar signs ($) "Lock" that part of the reference so it won't change when copied and pasted to another location. Another alternative woul...

Error moving/copying messages from 1 folder to another
The following seems to apply to many mailboxes in our Exchange 5.5 environment. I am tryinig to move messages from one folder to another and I constantly get the following message: "Can't copy the items. Some items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied." I have tried to move these using the exchange admin account. I have tried different versions of Outlook (2000 / 2002). I have tried to copy/move to different folders. I have noticed that I can do one message at a time, but only if I open the message first. Obviously I can do this for th...

Passing a cell value into a text box on a graph
Please help. I am trying to pass a value from a cell onto a graph. The graph is plotting culumative variance against a plan but the gap in the early days is very small. So I need to publish the gap between plan and actual on the graph. I want to automate the update of the gap on opening the spreadsheet or pressing a button. The calculation of the gap is no problem for me, its the putting the answer onto the graph is the issue. I thought I could do it via a text box on the graph. Thanks in advance John Please help. I am trying to pass a value from a cell onto a graph. The graph is plot...

How do I use my arrow buttons to move cells
I have Office XP, and when I use my arrow buttons it scroll my worksheet up and down, left and right, instead of moving to the cell in selected direction. Example: When I use my right arrow button, I stay in the same cell, but the worksheet scrolls to the right. Instead, when I hit the Right arrow button I would like to move cells. eg. Go from A1 to A2 using right arrow. Brad You're gonna slap your forehead over this one<g> Scroll Lock is turned on. See the SCRL in bottom right side of Status Bar. Hit the ScrLk button to disable. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 5 Sep 200...

Cell Interior Color
DataArray(Z, 2) = Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = DataArray(Z, 2) I go through a loop and if I execute both these lines on a cell, the original cell color may be a light shade of purpose but after I set the color to the same color, it is now a shade of gray! Why? It looks like you might want to try the .Color property instead of .ColorIndex. "Mike H." wrote: > DataArray(Z, 2) = Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex > Cells(X, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = DataArray(Z, 2) > > I go through a loo...

How to select different cells with only keyboard movements
How to select different cells with only keyboard movements in Excel? Trish Use: 1. the ENTER key 2. the TAB key 3. the arrow keys all without the mouse to go to a "remote" location without the mouse: CNTRG-g and then type the address. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007b "Trish" wrote: > How to select different cells with only keyboard movements in Excel? > > Trish > > > Better yet, look up keyboard shortcuts in help, and you will find a multitude of ways to navigate using the keyboard. On Dec 9, 6:04 am, "Trish" <Nobody...

Insert Worksheet name into cell A1
Is there anyway (without using VBA) that I can automatically have the name of a worksheet appear in cell A1? =CELL("filename") gives C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\[Book2.xls]Sheet2 =MID(CELL("filename"),SEARCH("[",CELL("filename"))+1, SEARCH("]",CELL("filename"))-SEARCH("[",CELL("filename"))-1) gives Book2.xls =RIGHT(CELL("filename"),LEN(CELL("filename"))-SEARCH("]",CELL("filename"))) gives Sheet2 Dan E "Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

find formula and return value
Hi i am using the following formula to find text in a cell =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super",B96)),"OK", "Not OK") and return a value. i have adapted the formula for another spreadsheet and simply added more values to check, i.e. =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Super""Account""Business:,B96)),"OK", "Not OK") but it doesnt seem to work. where i can see the value in the cell it is not returning ok instead of not ok. is there a limit to the number of values i can search and if so why doesnt it say as an error? what am i missing? Thanks v...

Great Plains data reference
Good morning everyone, I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination of what is in the Dynamics tables as well as a field by field explanation as to what it is. What is available in Dynamics is minimal at best and I spend more time exploring the tables to figure out what is in them Any guidance is appreciated! Try searching for Accolade Publications. -- Charles Allen, MVP "ericjcartman" wrote: > Good morning everyone, > > I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination > of what is in the Dynamics ...

working out which colour text is used to populate a cell
Hi all, Fingers crossed someone out there will be able to help me. I have been tasked to provide a spreadsheet at work to monitor a number of applications and written applications that we receive and the number of days we respond by. I have the following cells ‘application received’(Cell B), ‘enquiry received’(Cell C), ‘date completed’(Cell E) I then have the following formula in Cell H =NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158) which determines which cell has the date in (B or C) and then works out the number of days it has taken looking at cell E (the...

Cell Reference in Header #2
Is there a way to reference a specific worksheet cell in the header? Thanks Dave Macro.......... Sub CellInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").text End With End Sub Alternative........ Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:38:05 -0700, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to reference a specific worksheet cell in the header?...

Is there a way to parse multiple values in a cell and apply calculations on those values ?
Is there a way to parse multiple values in a cell and apply a calculation on those values ? The Inventory column has a formula to determine the total inventory of the store where each unique item has its quantity appended in parentheses to the item=92s name. Each unique item is separated by a comma. Each item=92s price will change over time and VLOOKUP can be used to determine the current price of that item on another worksheet. What I=92m trying to do is: 1) Parse out the multiple values in the Inventory column on the INVENTORY worksheet 2) VLOOKUP each item=92s current price on ...

Circular reference error closes workbook
When I one a certain workbook I get a dialog box saying I have a circular reference. If I click OK or Cancel the workbook saves and exits. I can find and deal with circular references but I can't keep the workbook open. Can anyone help? Steve H Just a wild guess.... Try opening excel in safe mode: Close Excel windows start button|run excel /safe File|open your workbook If it stayed open, fix the circular reference and save. Then close excel and try opening it normally. SteveH wrote: > > When I one a certain workbook I get a dialog box saying I have a circular > refere...

Need a formula for Excel 2000..
Greetings & bless your little cottons for existing. I've never don anything more than autosum before and now my workplace has gifted m with a spreadsheet project that looks monumental to me. Can anyone tel me how..... If, in Sheet 1, the cell range C2-C41 contains "Cohen" anywhere AND th cell range R2-R41 contains "allowed" anywhere, I need to have th number of times that these two conditions are satisfied displayed a that number of times, in Sheet 2 at cell B2. So far I have =(IF((C2:C41="Cohen")*(R2:R41="Allowed"),) I can't find the command...

How can I insert a carriage return and line feed into a cell ?
I am trying to display a statistic with its t_stat in the same cell, one over the other. Try pressing Alt+Enter or Format the cell to wrap from Format|Cells tj "gpm" wrote: > I am trying to display a statistic with its t_stat in the same cell, one over > the other. In a concatenation you can use ="line one" & char(10) & "line two" & char(10) & "line three" You will have to turn on cell wrap for such cells Format, cells, aligment, cell wrap Failure to turn on cell wrap will show the square printer's bullets asso...

Help with copying
I'd like to copy the contents that are in Column A Sheet1 to Column A Sheet2 using a Private Sub procedure, in the worksheet_change, I guess. For example: Once something is entered in Column A Sheet1 then copy it to Sheet2 in the next available cell. Simple but over my head! Thanks in advance Richard Do you want col a from sheet one to be the same as col a in sheet two or is there a criteria for doing so? John "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272c01c4a807$74ac8fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'd like to copy the contents that a...

Help, I need a formula for work.
Help, I need a formula for work. Here is a generic version of my problem? Leauge Team Attendance exceed 20,000? American Yankees Yes American Red Sox No National Phillies Yes National Mets Yes National Giants Yes National Dodgers No American Twins No American Angels Yes =COUNTIF(E3:E10,"YES") Total would be 5 "YES'' Answers ______________________________________________ Now the spreadsheet is FILTERED to only show "AMERICAN" Leauge Team...

Is there an Excel formula to round a date to the end of the month
User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the month With a date in A1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0) step into the next month and then back one day. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Siralec" wrote: > User enters a specific date, I'd like to round that entry to the end of the > month Another way... This requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007. A1 = some date =EOMONTH(A1,0) Format as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Siralec" &...

Using rangename in relative reference
Say I have 12 months of data in 12 columns of one row. I'd like to create a rangename for the January data, use that rangename in a formula elsewhere, and then copy that formula to the 11 columns to the right. But I don't want to lock in the original rangename cell as an absolute reference when I copy it. Lotus 123 has this flexibility with rangenames, but it seems Excel does not. Am I just missing this feature somewhere? Art Hi Art, create your range name and the edit the refersto formula to remove the $ before the column reference. Charles ______________________ Decision...

Moving to another cell with a button
Is there any thing that will allow you to create a button or link that if it is clicked on, it will take you to another cell? ... similar to how they do it on webpages where there is a link and if theres a tag like #move it will move to the tag on the webpage that has the same flag. Maybe Insert|Hyperlink would do what you want. Z wrote: > > Is there any thing that will allow you to create a button or link that > if it is clicked on, it will take you to another cell? ... similar to > how they do it on webpages where there is a link and if theres a tag > like #move it will mo...

Checking for a blank Cell #2
Thanks fopr this Julie. Unfortunately I am getting a #REF error when type the formula in and enter it. I have deleted the full stop at th end. Hope you can help, Rgrds, Mar -- stevie_ra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- stevie_ray's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1067 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27416 ...

Format the cells in excel using mfc
Hello All, I am generating a excel file using MFC . I have generated the file and inserted the required text in it . But the problem is not able to format the cells as per my requirement. eg how to centre align a text in a cell , how to adjust the size of row or column. In class view (or OLE ) I am able to see all the classes and the methods. But still I am not able to use them as I am not clear with the arguments eg variant etc. Please let me know how to perform above formattings. If you know any usdeful links then kindly let me know. Thanking You ...

Deleting rows based on values in a a cell in the row
I deal with a number of huge spreadsheets and need to remove all rows with the values 2 through -4 in col AE; first I sort AE in descending order, then manually find the first occurance of 2 in AE, then manually select rows until the first value occurance after -4. This may involve 100,000s of rows and is very time consuming, even using Page Down... Can anyone suggest a macro to to fully automate this .. I have tried recording a macro but it does not seem to handle handle the fact the first occurance of a 2 changes each time the spreadsheet is generated. Problems of a novice user, a...