how do I connect cells on two pages?

How do I connect a cell from a masterpage to another cell on a second page?
The code that I was using, =Master!B4 , works, but shows a number zero on the
second page. I do not want it to do that. Any suggestions?

--
marketing123

Excel isn't very elegant about referencing blank cells.

Try something like this:
=IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"marketing123" wrote:

> How do I connect a cell from a masterpage to another cell on a second page?
> The code that I was using, =Master!B4 , works, but shows a number zero on the
> second page. I do not want it to do that. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> marketing123
0
RonCoderre (135)
8/6/2007 5:28:01 PM
=IF(Master!B4="","",Master!B4)

will not show a zero if Master!B4 is empty

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"marketing123" <marketing123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I connect a cell from a masterpage to another cell on a second
> page?
> The code that I was using, =Master!B4 , works, but shows a number zero on
> the
> second page. I do not want it to do that. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> marketing123

0
terre081 (3244)
8/6/2007 5:29:02 PM
marketing123, here is one way,

=IF(Master!B4="","",Master!B4)

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"marketing123" <marketing123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I connect a cell from a masterpage to another cell on a second
> page?
> The code that I was using, =Master!B4 , works, but shows a number zero on
> the
> second page. I do not want it to do that. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> marketing123

cell
Are there any way to add text and a function in the same cell? For example Hello =sum(XX:XX) Try something like ="Hello "&SUM(A1:A10) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "danne" <modig123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a7f01c36335$498056f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Are there any way to add text and a function in the same > cell? For example Hello =sum(XX:XX) Sure, for example: ="Hello = "&SUM(A1:B1) For more info, try MVP Debra Dalgleish's &...

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Compare cells, update based on Ifs
I need to compare cells to the cell above them and to the right of them. Based on the comparisons I'll need to update the original cell with one of those adjoining cell values. After I finish with one column then I need to repeat the procedure on the column to the LEFT of the original column. I know IF, THEN and ELSE statesments but I don't know VB for Microsoft Office products. Range could be all 65,000+ rows on a workseet Start on ColumnJ, Row2 If ColumnJ, Row2 is Null _ If ColumnK, Row 2 is Not Null _ If ColumnJ, Row 1 is Not Null _ ColumnJ, Row2 Value is ...

If cell value is greater than another cell value, clear contents.
Okay, hopefully this is the last question today! I've found the below formula in one of the posts here, but my brain has completely failed on me and I'm not sure how to adapt it to my requirements. I have a value which is entered by the user after a prompt, that populates in cell G4 in a sheet called 'Lookup'. For arguments sake, the current value is 30/11/09. I have another worksheet, 'Data', which has a column populated with dates (say column B). I'd like a macro that looks in column B on the data sheet, and clears out any dates which are gr...

On mouse right click, choice to go to the next/previous page
In MS Publishers, when you click on right bouton, have the choice to go to the prévious or the next page. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f3055f6-24c6-478c-9ab9-08ef04ffc050&dg=m...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

Changing Front End Back End Connection Through VBA
Hi, In a form in the front-end the location of the backend is mentioned. (this is the result of a dlookup from a table that holds the locations of all backends; user chooses which backend to connect to) How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? Thnx for your help! hi Rishi, On 04.02.2010 12:12, Rishi wrote: > How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables > in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? http://www.mvps.o...

Multiple Cell Formats
Is it possible for a column to have more than one format, but for those formats to be similar. Eg. I would like to have a multi-format date column. The format can either be Month-Year (Jan-99) or Year only (1999). (I would even like to have something like Jan/Feb-99, but I can live without that.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hi With true Excel dates in column A e.g. 01 Feb 07, in column B =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> mmm-yy will give Feb-07 or =TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy") =A1 Format>Cells>Number>Custom> yyyy will give 2007 or =TEXT(A1,"yy...

Cannot send message thru POP3 connection
My email works fine when I connect using my exchange server account, but when I out of office and connect my exchange server using POP3 connection, I can receive email without any problem but I keep receiving undelivery note as follows when I try to send mail to account not on the Global address book. Please help. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 07/01/2004 10:02 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: gareth@hotmail.com on 07/01/2004 9:58 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-I...

Specific file path in ODBC connection string
Does anybody know if it is possible to specify a specific file path for a .DBF database file in an ODBC connection string used in the CDatabase or CRecordset classes? I mean something that would override the default path for the ODBC Data Source like CString MyRecordset::GetDefaultConnect() { return _T ("ODBC;DSN=MyDataBase;Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]"); } - or - CRecordset rec; rec.open (CRecordset::snapshot, "Path=..\\Data\\[MyData]", CRecordset::readOnly); ....? You can if you use the Jet engine. Use CDaoRecordset instead of CRecordset Ali R. "Doug Dean&...

Is there an add-in that will lock the cells like later versions of Excel?
I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I could do that. Marc Hi Marc, Can you be more specific about what you want and don't want. "Marc" <mcnr(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:QThPf.1161$sL2.501@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't > lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I > could do that. > > Marc > > ...

Number of cells that have same values
Imagine there are two columns of cells, each row of two cells are corresponding to each other. How to find out the number of rows where the two corresponding cells have the same value? Assume your Columns are A and B, and your rows go down to 20, Array enter this formula (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =SUM(IF(A1:A20=B1:B20,1,0)) Change the column and row references to fit your data. -- Regards, Dave "Lingyan Hu" wrote: > Imagine there are two columns of cells, each row of two cells are > corresponding to each other. How to find out the number of rows where the two > corres...

How do I lock all cells in Excel except 2 which I need unlocked?
Alex, By default all cells in excel are protected or locked, select the cells you want to unlock and go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, the go to tools, protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if you want, now only the cells that you unlocked can be edited. Be aware that this protection is very easy to break, the code to do so can be found very easy, but it will work for most people . If you only need a few locked I would select them all first, Ctrl A, then go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then select the cells you want to lock and go ...

Connecting internal ide HDD to Vista PC using caddy
I've just tried connecting an old HDD from a XP PC to my Vista PC via a caddy but it says USB device not recognised. Tried it with another XP machine and it is recognised. can I get the Vista PC to recognise it? Also with the various user folders one of them ( I guess it's because it had a password on the original machine) won't allow access. Is there a way of accessing these files? Trevor wrote: > I've just tried connecting an old HDD from a XP PC to my Vista PC > via a caddy but it says USB device not recognised. Tried it with > another XP machine ...

help with page breaks
I have adapted a spreadsheet and I want to `freeze` the top 5 rows with the heading on it, when I do this it actually freezes the top 20 rows, and I notice there is a black line to the right of this (at the 20 row mark) as if it is maybe a page break or something similar has previousy been put in.. Anyhow how do I delete all page breaks and/or freeze panes so I can insert the one I want. thanks Its ok now got it sorted. "S" <virgin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:he_dk.66042$7v1.9152@newsfe30.ams2... >I have adapted a spreadsheet and I want to `freeze` ...

Page Breaks
I've been following the instructions for adding a page break but the option to insert a page break doesn't even show unless I first reset page breaks. I reset, then try to insert and get.....nothing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, D Two methods for making manual page breaks. 1. Select a cell and Insert>Page Break 2. View>Page Break Preview. Drag the dotted blue line to where you wish. Do neither of these work for you? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 06:04:00 -0700, Deborah <Deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've been following the ...

How to count the occurences of a text string within a cell...
I'm trying to count the number of text-strings, in this case commas, within a cell. For instance: A1(text)=AB,BC,CD,DE,EF If I could count 4 commas, I'd know there were (4)+1 objects in the cell... Thanks in advance. I always research as much as possible before asking the forum. The forum has ALWAYS come through with the answer! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Something like: =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")) or more generic: =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(UPPER(A1),"SOMETEXTHERE",""))/LEN("SOMETEXTHERE") &q...

Two Businesses?
I am considering Money 2004 Small Business. I cannot tell if the software will accommodate two businesses. If so, can reports be generated collectively and separately. Advice sought. You could use it for two businesses if you keep the information in separate files. This will not allow you to run reports for both businesses collectively, however. "M Newsome" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:198ec01c4221a$4fbdf640$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am considering Money 2004 Small Business. I cannot tell > if the software will accommodate two busine...

Double Click Formula Cells
When you double click on a cell and there is a formula in the cell then the precendents are selected. Is there a way to turn this off or automatically go back to the cell you were on without any change to the window and its positioning. What is the VBA for this? Thanks in advance JJ Tools>Options>Edit Check "edit directly in cell" and you won't go to precedents. Application.EditDirectlyInCell = True Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:34:07 +0100, "JJ" <f@o> wrote: >When you double click on a cell and there is a formula in the cell the...

Need to merge two credit cards
I lost my credit card, so the bank replaced it with one that has a new account number. I tried to "merge accounts manually" from the old account to the new one, but now my annual budget either double counts individual transactions, or if I close my old card account in Money, all of my transfers from checking to the credit card show up as an expense, instead of just a transfer between accounts. In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >I lost my credit card, so the bank replaced it with one that has a new >account number. I tried to "merge accounts manually"...

Remote Exchange Server Connectivity
We currently have multiple Exchange 2003 servers in our data center and are in the process of deploying remote Exchange servers & DC's to remote offices that are connected back to the main data center via a site to site VPN tunnel. The problem with this setup is a limitation on our current VPN server does not allow the remote offices to talk to each other. If one office wanted to share data with another they would have to place the data at the data center and then both offices could access it that way. This does not bode well for the default install of Exchange as mailbox use...

Splitting up text in a cell
I have a worksheet extracted from another program with financial data in it. One of the columns contains information about what money has been spent on. This consists of a category and a subcategory. For example one cell might read "Bills : Electricity" or "Going out : Restaurant". The category and the subcategory are always separated by one space, a colon, then another space. What I'd like to do it separate the category from the subcategory by using a formula that can extract the text either before or after the space-colon-space bit. Having looked at some of Excel'...

formatting a cell
is there any way to format a cell but having it depend on the value or entry in another cell? Frank, Sounds like conditional formatting. For instance in B1, goto conditional formatting, and use Condition1 of FormulaIs, and a formula of say =A1=27, then format (via the format button) as required. Just use an appropriate formula. -- HTH Bob Phillips "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote in message news:0f2201c37ed9$b1ee66e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > is there any way to format a cell but having it depend on > the value or entry in another cell? >-----Original Message-...

A cell copied onto one worksheet from another worksheet does display same formatting.
I have 2 worksheets in my workbook. On worksheet "A" i have a number in red font with black background in cell B1. On worksheet "B" the contents of cell A1 is =A!B1. This copies the value located in cell B1 of worksheet "A" but not the color formatting. How can that get copied as well? Hi A formula has one single job: to return a value into its own cell. No formats, no copying, no dancing, no fun, only that. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Mark" <mark@lbrgroup.com> skrev i melding news:32B8AA2D-DA1D-4B3F-AF73-9...