How do I change the column heading in Excel to display "A" "B" "C

I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the
column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc?
0
Thai (1)

Tools>Options>General tab>Uncheck R1C1 reference style

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Thai" <Thai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA01EA9C-1A7E-45AA-80C9-45DEC8382C19@microsoft.com...
|I have Excel 2003 and when I start is up, the new worksheet display the
| column heading as "1" "2" "3" etc. How do I change it to A, B, C etc?

0
nicolaus (2022)

Business Portal Development

Excel VBA

changing budget period -how?
WE have set up a budget in Money 2002. But my paycheck gets deposited a few days before the 1st of each month. Thus, when I run the buget report for that month, it shows that I have no income yet for that month but plenty of expenses already. Is there any way to ge the budget period to change from the calendar month to a period starting on the date of my paycheck deposit and running until the day before the next deposit? No. "CLP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25c1701c46118$d169fcb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > WE have set up a budget in Mo...

When attempting to open new Excel file it says, "data may be lost.
Someone else is attempting to use one of my files but it just keeps saying "data may be lost", then after several attempts to get it to recalculate it finally uses up all the memory in their PC and they have to reboot, only to start the problem all over again. My original file was created in Office 2000 and they said they have Office 97. Don't exactly know, but one thing: be sure you're friend is not trying to run from an A: drive - you'll have big troubles... copy the file to your C: drive and open from there. jlr >-----Original Message----- >Someone else i...

Change color of font base on time range
Can anyone help me with this. I am looking to change the color of the font in cell based on a time range. For example if I have 12/8/06 12:23 in a cell I would like the font for 12/8/06 12:23 to be green if that date if 30 days from todays date. Red if that date is 7 days from todays date. Use FORMAT -> CONDITIONAL FORMAT Frmula is for cell A1 =A1>TODAY()+30 "deathzorro" <therone123-w@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1136849606.027775.272350@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Can anyone help me with this. I am looking to change the color of the > font in cell b...

how to auto arrange in alphabetical order-excel sheet
how to auto arrange in alphabetical order-excel sheet after typing names in random? Let's say we are entering data in column A and we want to alphbetize the column as entries are made. Try the following macro: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub End If Range("A:A").Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub This goes in worksheet code: 1. right-c...

How to sum two columns in a pivot table
I do have a pivot table with a few different products that are related to imports and exports. I want to be able also to add the columns of the same product, both import and export. E.G product 1 import is 2000, product 1 export is 2500. How can I manage this in the pivot table? mts Paul You could create a calculated item: Select the Product field button On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Item Type a name, e.g. Product1 All In the list of fields, choose Products In the list of items, double-click on Product 1 Import Type a plus sign, then double-click o...

Problem with Excel 2007 clustered column chart on log scale
I have a clustered column chart on Excel 2007 to compare a few data, on linear y-axis everything looked ok, the height of the columns were easily compared. I changed the axis to log scale and now the 'base' of the columns start at value '1' (which is '0' on the log scale). Now all the <1 columns point down and those with >1 points up. I don't remember Excel 2003 doing this, and I'd like all the columns to start from the bottom (i.e. all the columns to be pointing up). Is there a solution for this? p.s. strange enough, the stacked columns looked ok o...

converting table to excel
How do I convert a word table to an excel spreadsheet! -Diana Hi Diana copy & paste generally works for me Cheers JulieD "Superstar!" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8c8c01c49678$3dcd8ea0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I convert a word table to an excel spreadsheet! > -Diana ...

SQL 2005
Hi, I am trying to import an excel file to a SQL 2005 table from client Management Studio and am receiving following error (it works fine when done directly from the server) Error 0xc00470fe: Data Flow Task: The product level is insufficient for component. I went through couple of blogs where they suggested to upgrade to SP3. My server is running SP3 but the version of my client Management Studio is 9.00.1399.00. I also do not see SSIS when I go to Management Studio -> Help -> About. Could anyone let me know how can i resolve this issue. Thank you. ...

How to perform allocations, planning and budgetting in Excel
Hello All I am trying to develop a specific allocation procedure like in some of OLAP aplications and planning, forecasting & budgetting applications like performing different types of allocations like the - Account allocation, Time allocation, Percent allocation, etc. Can any of you please point me where I can find some samples on these like performing planning, budgetting and forecasting and allocations in Excel Thanks Belinda ...

Macro to change worksheets in the same workbook
I am in sheet 1. I need a macro that will move me to sheet 2. Can someone provide the code? Thanx! - Ji -- James ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James C's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47758 How will you trigger the code? Button? Keystroke? Other method? More info, please. The basic line of code is: Sheets("sheet2").Select where "sheet2" is the name of your sheet 2 -- swatsp0 -----------------------------...

Question about images in 2 column layout
Hello, in my 2 column layout on 8.5x11 paper I am inserting images that fit perfectly into my columns. I have text above and below these images. What I want to do consistantly is have the text come down to within say .125 inches and then begin again .125 inches below the image. However, I often insert small 8 point font below some images given credit to the owner of that image. I would like everything to line up properly wherever I do this. Any suggestions folks. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks in advance. Right-click the picture, format picture, layout tab, square wrapping style, cl...

Exchange 2003: Changing the Storage Limits on multiple mailboxes at once
Hello, I have a large number of mailboxes that I need to change the storage limits on. Is there a way that I can do this to a list of users at once? I'd appreaciate any feedback or recommendations. Thanks, MAtt http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319583 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822938 You need to create a new mailbox store and move those users to that store. Then set the limits on that mailbox store as described in the above articles. <MatthewBrown@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139332288.446491.84000@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hel...

Ending balance changes???
Why does my ending balance change every time I change my time period? Your time period of what? <elias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cd4e01c4393d$5cf69a30$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why does my ending balance change every time I change my > time period? Ok: I mean that every time I change the time period in cash flow, the chart changes [it either shifts up or down]. So, whenever I try to change my 'Time Period' to 'Next 3 months' or 'Year to date', my ending balance changes. Is this correct??... >-----Original Message----- >Yo...

Adding Sub Columns
Lets say I have 2 very wide columns (paper width), and 10 rows of data. Starting in row 11, I would like to have 4 columns under each of the above 2. Is there any way to do this? I realize I could merge the first 10, but I'm actually working with a lot more than 10 rows of data, so that would be a rather cumbersome approach. Thx Dave Hi! >Starting in row 11, I would like to have 4 columns under each of the above >2. Is there any way to do this? The only way would be to merge the cells in the rows above as you have noted. Merging cells is not something you should do ...

Change Name of Command Button
How can I change the name of a command button to text entered in cell a1? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477556 try this highlight the cell edit-copy right click commandbutton while in design mode click <properties> highlight name now edit -pastespecial hit enter toggle design mode "comotoman" <comotoman.1x5sih_1129741514.3488@excelforum-nospam.com&g...

can outlook be set to not display pictures
When outlook, (office 2000) is downloading messages, I have the preview pane open. As probably everyone gets, I am getting multiple messages that are spam, and mostly sex crap with naked pictures embedded in the message. So once the message is clicked on, the preview pane shows whatever is in the message, including the pictures. I wouldn't complain if they were half decent looking, but that's another story. Is there a way to not display pictures in the preview pane? I've got 2003 so not sure if it's the same in 2000 - but.. Tools>Options>Security>Change Auto...

Excel formula problem SUMPRODUCT
Hi Guys, I have a problem with a formula adding up rows against 2 parameters. I am trying to add up rows on a report that 1) show that the actio against it is "open" and its target completion date is overdue. I have tried the following formula but it will not work. =SUMPRODUCT(--(H5:H47="OPEN")*(G5:G47="<TODAY())) This formula works if I substitute the date part with another tex parameter but will have nothing to do with dates even if I put in specific date that I know matches one from the column, I still get 0 Any ideas. Thanks in advance And -- Message ...

Change OWA FBA's logon page
All, We are running Exchange 2003 with a Front-End/Back-End configuration. This works fine. SSL in configured. I want to change to FBA (Forms Based Authentication). However, we were informed to modify the default page so that users DO NOT see the "Client" and "Security" options, but pass 'Premium' and 'Public or shared computer' parameters. Does anyone know how to do this? Since I am not a programmer/developer step by step instruction would be helpful. I am sure multiple files require a change. Thank you. ...

Linked Excel Field formatting Problem
I am using Access2003 and am trying to link an excel spreadsheet for use in a drop down selector. I have one column (acct#) which contains a lot of numbers, but needs to be a text field (some entries say "TBD" or have hyphenated numbers). Access insists on keeping the column as a numeric field and displays the non-numeric fields as "#Num!". I have tried: formatting the cells as text before linking; putting dummy text data in the first line (abc and 'abc ) before linking; and tried using conversions in a query (CStr, Str, Str$ & Format). I'm out of idea...