How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?

I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers,
Can I do this in Excel?
0
jens1 (5)

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony ...

Starting a new list within the one numbered list style
Hi, I'm using Word 2003 and am having trouble with numbered lists (as I see that lots of people do). I have created a style (paragraph type) for how I would like all my numbered lists to be formatted. They are simple, 1 level lists. My problem is that when I add a new list with the style that I want, the numbering follows on from the previous list. When I then re-start the numbering, all the formatting of my style disappears and I have to change it manually. Is there a way to tell Word 2003, "this is a new list, but of the same style as the previous list"? ...

how to add those numbers?
I have a column of numbers that I have to sum up, but there is one problem: some of them are formatted as a regular number (sometimes with decimals) and some are formatted as time (8:30 etc.) the regular sum(a:a) formula does not work on all of them is there any way to do it and get the result either in decimals or time or I'll have to redo the whole thing? Mark I think I'd get all those numbers to a common unit (time or minutes or hours). If you have 30 in a cell (say A1) and it represents 30 minutes, you can use a helper cell and put a formula like: =A1/24/60 (divide by the numb...

Changing Outlook (2003) modify reply settings
I'd like modify Outlook so that when I reply (not forward, ideally) the original text is made gray and my new text is say, black. Currently the old text remains the same and my text becomes blue. I thought there were some settings that made such things easy, but all I can find are settings that change the amount of indent and the left bar. Is this stored in a template somewhere? If anyone has any pointers, I'd be grateful. -- ------------ Michael Bierman You can only set the color change for your reply. Tools, options, mail format, Fonts, When replying... "Michael ...

correcting page count when user changes printer selection
If the user changes the printer settings between OnPreparePrinting() and OnBeginPrinting() the new page count is not reflected in the number of times OnPrint() is called. Without handling the entire print process, is there any way to: 1) Find out if the print dialog selection was "all pages". 2) Get the framework to act on the new maximum number of pages. (calling pInfo->SetMaxPage() is effectively ignored in OnBeginPrinting() . Thanks. Jan ...

change the language in CRM demo
Where can I change the language of CRM (I have english version and I want use it in french)? You need to uninstall the CRM and re-install the appropriate language version. Dave "aidah" <aidah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE15EE69-EA9C-4D47-AA02-ECD2769DE48A@microsoft.com... > Where can I change the language of CRM (I have english version and I want > use > it in french)? As far as I am aware, each edition of CRM is language specific - I think you'll have to uninstall the English version and install the French one. "aidah" ...

having to re-assign categories
I am using Money 2006. For the past few months, I have been having to re-enter categories. When I reconcile downloaded transactions, I will assign categories within my different accounts. However, when I look at the home page "spending by category" chart, most of the transactions will have no category there and I have to re-enter it. I have tried repairing the file. Any ideas? Some questions: 1) When you say "reconcile downloaded transactions" do you mean Modify / Accept? 2) Are you using Advanced Register (Good!) or Essential Register (Bad...)? 3) If you examine the tr...

How do I use mail merge and change addresses for postcards?
I've set up a mail merge but my print preview shows the same name being printed on each postcard, rather than a different name on each postcard. How do I get it to print a different name on every postcard? Thanks! This is a bug. You can test print on plain paper if you are undecided. There is a check off for a test print on the print dialog page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "brandybsporty" <brandybsporty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CDC0FF3-8C14-4F94-B894-B1CA23D22D25...

Round up or down to specific number
When I do the price, there are two step involve 1. I have to convert USD to Thai currency by multiplying with specific number. 2. When i got the Thai currency (which may have demicle) , I have to round up or down to these number i.e. it must end with 500, 700 or 900. 0-299 round down to 900 ex: 3250 round to 2900 300-599 round to 500 ex: 4365 round to 4500 if 5580 round to 5500 600-700 round to 700 ex: 8600 round to 8700 799-900 round to 900 ex: 4800 round to 4900 901-000 round to 900 ex: 3980 round to 3900 Your help is valuable as I must do this thousand time. Thank you very much ...

How to use outlook connector without outlook
Hello Can i use outlook connector without outlook? I want to use it from c++ code, is it possible? In documentation for this connector there is a list with two files which maybe i can use: MSOC32.dll A Message Application Program Interface (MAPI) connector that allows Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino to communicate with a Lotus Domino server. MSOCrc.dll The resource file for Microsoft Outlook Connector for Domino. You might try asking in a programming group "down the hall." --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion inta...

Any way to get around the number of columns limitation?
I'm pretty sure there's not, but figured I'd ask anyway. ;) I have a charting workbook that has grown to very probably needing more than the 256 columns of data to do all the charting. At least for it to continue doing it the way it is. I was hoping this particular deal I'm doing right now would stop prior to running out of columns, but it's not looking like it will. Any help? Thanks! Shawn Wait for the next version of excel??? 16K columns by 1 meg of rows. 43fan wrote: > > I'm pretty sure there's not, but figured I'd ask anyway. ;) > > ...

how to change PROPSHEETPAGE_V3 to V2?
When I define _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0500, the struct PROPSHEETPAGE is suppose to be PROPSHEETPAGEA_V2. But when I'm debugging, I find it is using PROPSHEETPAGEA_V3. Why? Should I define other flags to carry out it? Thanks! ...

change cell color
I have made a drop down box, but now want to make when I select a specific word it will change back ground color in whole row. Say I pick UT for Utah in my drop down box I want the row to change background color to green, if I select ID the row changes to purple. Is this possible? ...

negative 0 in calculation
i have a personal budget spreadsheet that for some reason 2 of 4 calculations is returning a negative 0 value for example, i have a value of a current bill then in next row the cell takes the value from previous and adds any charges and subtracts payments so for example, c1 has value of $100, a2 has value of $100, b2 is empty b3 has =c1+a2-b2 and it generates a -0 the cell is red indicating a negative value if i change the formatting to be in () for negative the cell shows ($0.00) can't figure out why Hi What do you see, when you set the format to Numeric with 15 decimal places. ...

FRX should be able to print to PDF file without using WebView.
Printing to PDF file format is now a common form of electronic distribution of files and reports. It is surprising to see that through MS Great Plains, we can print to a pdf file format, but MS FRx requires another program to be installed to print to PDF format file(s). At the moment, we are printing to Excel and making few format changes and then saving it to a PDF format. Any other solution(s) outside using WebView and/or BCL easyPDF would be appreciated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

Display DATE type as DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS or similar
I'm using an ADSI call that gives me a date back in DATE type. Is there a standard function or way to convert this to something similar the the format is the subject line, or do I just need to do all the calculations by hand? Thanks Use COleDateTime. -- _____________________ Ashok K Kumar ashokkal at gmail dot com "Une Ternal" <UneTernal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA2F0075-5456-486C-A0F9-20109AC865D8@microsoft.com... > I'm using an ADSI call that gives me a date back in DATE type. Is there a > standard function or way to convert this ...

Storage Limit Changes
We have storage limits set for the information store, but have excluded some users. One such user filled his mailbox by forwarding every message from another user to their inbox. So, to get him going until he can delete some mail, we upped his Storage Limit, but it did not seem to take effect right away. Are these properties of the mailbox, or policies that are applied on an interval? Simpler question: Do changes to individual mailbox storage limits take effect immediately, or do we have to wait for something to run that processes these? Applies to e2003 as well ( w/o the required ...

Re: Outlook2003 freeze at startup.
Hi Roady, I renamed outcmd.dat in C:\Documents and Settings\sam\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and same thing, outlook freeze. What I've tried is to move out all files from C:\Documents and Settings\sam\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook , and same thing outlook freeze !!! Is there a way to remove all previous configuration so Outlook create new configuration files ??? Thnaks again >-----Original Message----- >Reinstalling won't help when a setting is the issue as settings are >retained. In your case it sounds like the outcmd.dat file is damaged. If it >is...

Input dates into excell with out typing the blackslash eg 030505
I want to input dates without typing backslash eg 030505 to represent 03/05/2005? can that be done? if so how? any info would be appreciated... Only through VBA http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986692F0-8636-4A2C-B300-9ACE76E0B596@microsoft.com... > I want to input dates without typing backslash eg 030505 to represent > 03/05/2005? can that be done? if so how? any info would be appreciated... If you want to use a helper column, you can enter your text &quo...

Change color of default graphics
I created a Trifold ond don't like the color of the graphics on the templete I used. Can I change the the color of these graphics or do I have to re-do the brochure? You can experiment with Color Schemes (Format Menu). Usually when you change the color schemes all the objects in the selected template will change. In the fill menu the top row of colors are those in the selected color scheme. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "gcalahan" <gcalahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87EB73C6-DF73-44B2-B46B-CE05222AE09C@microsoft.com... >I created ...

Why does Excel think this is a number?
I have a text string of 4-digit numbers separated by commas. When I paste that string into a cell, Excel converts it to a number instead of interpreting it as text. Can anyone explain why? I could understand if it were 3-digit numbers separated by commas, because that is a conventional representation. Here is an example: I paste in a string (without quotes) like: "4235,4236,4237,4238,4246,4247,4248,4249,4250,4251,4252" Excel turns it into a number like: 42,354,236,423,742,300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Interestingly, if I paste in: "4235, 4236, 4...

Any way to change the Desktop Icon?
I have tried the old right click and properties but nothing for changing the icon. Anyone assist these very old (81) drybones? thanks, DB What Desktop icon? The Windows Live Mail icon? Right Click | Properties | General Tab | Change Icon. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "drybones" <drybones@charter.net> wrote in message news:ePMchQqqKHA.5116@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the old right click and properties but nothing for changing >the icon. > > Anyone assist these very old (81) drybon...

Font size change during reply
I have a user using Outlook 2007 that when she replies to someone, the font size increases slightly in the body of the email that is open for reply. I looked at the fonts and the size is set to 11. The recipient of the email sees the size of the font correctly (11). Are there other settings I need to check? Thanks, John Yes, check the Zoom setting. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, John asked...

Re: Finding a DLs home server
<bump/> Thanks very much for your reply. However, I've found that when I add the mailbox to the DL using your technique, I still have to specify the server that the DL was created on. I.E. continuing my previous example.. I tried this first: '----------------- Const ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND = 3 szDLDN = "cn=DL-Office,cn=DLs,ou=City,o=ORG1" szUserDN = "cn=User1,cn=Office,ou=City,o=ORG1" set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://" & szDLDN) objUser.PutEx ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND,"member",Array(szUserDN) objUser.SetInfo '----------------- and got the...

Re: MICROSOFT MONEY 2005
I'm assuming you converted 2004 file to 2005. If this is so, money will generate a backup of 2004 before converting. Do a search for a file ext *.m1? or *.mn? <<Okay MVP's. I concede. Like John Kerry, I admit defeat. I should have backed up the Money 2004. I should have backed up my data. Still, does anyone have a fix to this problem? I guess it's happening to hundreds of people. Anyone hear an answer yet? ...