How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?

I have three different workbook files stored in the same folder and I want to
have the three worksheets in each of the three workbooks totaled in a new
workbook file.  I am trying to create a quarterly report from three months of
data.  All data is located in the same cells in the worksheets in each of the
workbooks.
0
MJ (61)

If the different workbook files were all in the same workbook, it would be a
lot easier.   Can that be done?

"mj" <mj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have three different workbook files stored in the same folder and I want
> have the three worksheets in each of the three workbooks totaled in a new
> workbook file.  I am trying to create a quarterly report from three months
> of
> data.  All data is located in the same cells in the worksheets in each of
> the
> workbooks.

0
reply6075 (299)
2/17/2006 2:10:35 AM
If you have all workbooks open you can use them in any cell references
by selecting the appropriate window and worksheet and cell. Excel will
take care of the file paths if you close the workbooks (the summary
workbook last)

Hans

0
hansyt (53)