How do I automatically move down to the next row?

For example, I only need my spreadsheet to go to column H.  Is there a way I
can get it to jump down a row and to column A every time I hit tab after
column H?  I saw one question that had some really complicated macro
thingamahoozer that I didn't understand at all.  Is there a simpler way?
0
mlacigam (1)

Keep hitting <Tab> until you come to Column H.
Then hit <Enter>.
This will take you to the next row, and to whatever column you were in when
you hit <Tab> the first time.
--

HTH,

RD

"mlacigam" <mlacigam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
For example, I only need my spreadsheet to go to column H.  Is there a way I
can get it to jump down a row and to column A every time I hit tab after
column H?  I saw one question that had some really complicated macro
thingamahoozer that I didn't understand at all.  Is there a simpler way?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
5/17/2007 4:42:06 PM
Thu, 17 May 2007 09:38:01 -0700 from mlacigam
<mlacigam@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> For example, I only need my spreadsheet to go to column H.  Is there a way I
> can get it to jump down a row and to column A every time I hit tab after
> column H?  I saw one question that had some really complicated macro
> thingamahoozer that I didn't understand at all.  Is there a simpler way?

You want to hit Enter, not Tab.

If it doesn't work, go into Tools | Options | Edit and set "Move
selection after Enter" to Down.

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Automatically Moving Message in Sent Items Folder
If I add an additional mailbox to my Outlook profile and then send a message using that additional mailbox in the From: line, the message is still put in my primary mailbox sent items folder and not the additional mailbox sent items folder. Does anyone know how to make it so that the message is put in the sent items folder of the mailbox that is selected in the From: line of the message? The only way that I know it works is to obviously sign in to that mailbox directly and send the message and not use the additional mailbox feature. Thanks. Bruce You could always create a rul...

Reference every 4th row from a master list of modifiable length
I'm creating an excel database for a clinical study on patients wit migraine. Each patients will treat 4 attacks (episodes). Thi presents a bit of a problem, since there's some information I' collecting that's specific to the patient (demographic information lik sex, height, etc.), and some that is specific to each attack (like th pain level of that attack, the duration of that attack, etc.). T account for this, I decided to give each patient four rows--one fo each attack--and I put their deomographic information in the secon row, leaving the other three blank in those fiel...

How do I not print the column letters A-Z but keep the row #'s
I am trying to print a chart where I want to keep the row numbers but not the column headings A-Z printed. Choosing Page setup under the Sheets tab only lists them together not as single choices. Is there a way to customize the sheet to only list the row numbers? How about inserting a new A column and adding =ROW() best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jgb" <jgb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E503B439-3323-4CE9-A5B8-5477CFC091C2@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a chart where I want to keep the row ...

switchboard fails to open automatically
Hi Folks, I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. It is the only switchboard in Switchboard Manager and it is set as the default. Please assist if you have any ideas. Thanks, -- Markb Go to tools/startup and set the switchboard to start when Access starts. "markb" wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the > default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. > It is ...

Moved Outlook Express folders to new machine, but cannot see them
Here's what I've done, copied all the .dbx folders from old machine to disk, copied them to desktop of new machine. Opened new account/ new Outlook Express on new machine. Then selected File, Import, Messages, chose OE 6, imported by browsing to the desktop folder I created..I've even received the message"YOUR DATA FROM MICROSOFT OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 WAS SUCCESSFULLY IMPORTED".. but I still cannot see them within OE.... I have also tried the move by physically copy & pasting the .dbx folders into the 'identities folder' and pointing the store to it and can't ...

Hiding Rows Conditionally
Is it possible to hide a row only if a certain cell in the row contains a reference to another cell that has a specific value? Here's the scenario: Column A of a Summary sheet contains a list of 20 categories. Each category row contains references to data on another worksheet. Often, there is no data for a specific category, so the Summary sheet displays the category with zeroes or various errors depending on the formulas referencing the data. I would like to hide the entire row if the referenced data cell contains a certain value, for instance "0". Can it be done? Thanks for a...

Can Money automaticly add catorgies to transactions
can money autometicly add a catorgy to a transaction you download from your bank based on prior transactions? In microsoft.public.money, Insane Bill <Insane Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can money autometicly add a catorgy to a transaction you download from your >bank based on prior transactions? Yes. It learns by experience based on the Payee. So you would apply the category, and Money should catch on. "Insane Bill" <Insane Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81E7CBCB-9527-40C0-8AF4-51876A491250@microsoft.com... > can money aut...

Resize Excel column's width automatically
How can an Excel column's width automatically increase/decrease depending on the maximium number of digits in any one cell of the column. I am wanting to use this for a template so the column must be able to increase or decrease. I am using a version that came with Microsoft Office XP Professional. Dog, Double click the border in the column header. This is a one-time adjustment of the column width. It doesn't dynamically adjust the width to the widest cell as does the Row Height Autofit. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net -----------------------------...

How to restart tab index on subform after moving to next record?
I have added three subforms to a main form and set tab indexes for several fields on each subform. The first time tab through the forms, the cursor tabs correctly through the mainform and subform fields. When I create anew recordonthe mainform, the subforms show blank entriews as they should, but when I tab to them, the cursor goes to the last indexed field on each subform rather than the first as it shoiuld have (and did) on the previous tab run. Why is this and how can I fix it? Hello "cybersafe". "cybersafe" wrote: > I have added three subforms to a main f...

Combining rows of data that have one cell in common
Hi everyone, let me explain... I'm working with a large excel file (13,000+ rows) of cancer cases recorded in the state of Florida. Each time a patient presents with a cancer, that "case" is recorded as a row on the spreadsheet, along with a UNIQUE patient ID assigned to that particular individual. If that same person develops another cancer sometime later, that information appears in a new case/row, but with the SAME patient ID. I need to export this file to another program (SPSS v13.0) to do some advanced statistical analysis. However, the program requires that all of t...

vb dataset row count incorrect
Hi Has anyone else had this problem. Im using a vb .net dataset to read & write XML but when I check the number of rows for a table it's incorrect. Example number of rows = 4 table row count says there are 8 rows does anyone know how to correct this problem ? Regards Neil neil rowe wrote: > Has anyone else had this problem. Im using a vb .net dataset to read & > write XML but when I check the number of rows for a table it's incorrect. > > Example number of rows = 4 > table row count says there are 8 rows That may have something to do with whitespa...

Printing the first two rows as headers.
I would like to have the first two rows print at the top of every page of my print out. I know this is a basic function, yet I can not seem to find it in the help function. Could someone please post how to do this /AND/ tell me what key words to put in the search/help function that would show the answer as well. Thanks Michael -- J. Michael Morse michael@stignatius.cc <mailto:michael@stignatius.cc> St. Ignatius <C:/Parish%20Administration/Graphics/Bulletin/Ignatius2C.jpg> "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier." - Mother Teresa Hi ...

How to Show/Hide Columns or Rows with no data via VB
Hi, I am need of some advice please. I have a spreedsheet (2007) which I designed as an attendence register. Currently it works well but I want to improve on a few matters. For the main page I have a column with the date, next column day, then the next 40 columns are set for the crew employees. These are broken into 4 groups of 10 for each crew (A,B,C,D, Shift workers), however there is normally only 7 people per crew, the other 3 are blank unless there are extra enployees to that crew. Currently I am hiding and showing manually, but I want to be able to do something via ...

Outlook 2007 wont start automatically even thoug in startup
I have copied and pasted my outlook icon into the startup manager, but it still doesn't open when I turn my computer on. Any ideas what I am doing wrong "OneNightWithTheKing" <OneNightWithTheKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C9A32F-BCD0-4583-ABD6-BEF0480E3107@microsoft.com... >I have copied and pasted my outlook icon into the startup manager, but it > still doesn't open when I turn my computer on. Any ideas what I am doing > wrong What "startup manager" is that? If you want Outlook to start when you log in, put ...

Protected cells -automatically format to a different color
My old dos spreadsheet (supercalc 5) used to colour the text of protected cells in a different color ,(which made the entry of data easy because the protected cells usually contain formulae ).When reentering new data I was then able to select the whole spreadsheet and "blank " all cells that are not protected in one keystroke. This left all cells that were protected with there formulae intact and highlighted in a different color. Can anyone suggest the way to do this in EXCEL? The ideal solution would be to create a format or a style that will automatically be used whenever a cel...

Conditional Formatting Whole Row
Morning All, Using Windows and Excel XP. I have a worksheet that has the dates of this month in A1:A31 and other data in B1:F31. I have set up a conditonal format: cell value equal to =TODAY() to have the current date (December 6) in A1:A31 to highlight in yellow. What I would like to do is not only highlight the current date but also all the data in that particular row. For example, in A1:A31, December 6, 2003 (cell A6) is highlighted in yellow. How can I get the entire row (A6:F6) to be highlighted in yellow. Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance, Mi...

insert a row in a protected sheet
hello out there, does anyone know in excel. how do insert a row in a protected sheet without unprotecting the sheet. i have a document where i do not want the formula to be touched in no way form or fashion but i would like my users to constantly add or delete information as they occur and the only way to do this is by inserting or deleting a row to enter information. thanking you all in advance for your continued help. thank you, rennoyinc ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** Which versio...

Can I move Exchange 5.5 SP2 mailboxes to Exchange 5.5 SP4?
Pardon me, I'm a newbie to Exchange. I have Exchange 5.5 SP2 running my mailboxes on an older NT 4.0 server SP5. I've put a new NT 4.0 server SP6a on-line. Can I run Exchange SP4 on this newer server and use exmerge to move my existing SP2 mailboxes over to this new server? What problems might arise? Thanks! Did you join the site? If so use Tools - Move Mailbox. If you didn't join the site then your likely to have different X500 DNs and have trouble replying to old messages if you go the Exmerge route. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS&qu...

how to move exchange 5.5 mailboxes to exchange 2003 on new server
hi we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 we want ntserver and exchange 5.5 mailboxes,public folders, databases move to exchange 2003 on the new server. how to can i do? Well thanks Check this doc http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77b6d819-c7b3-42d1-8fbb-fe6339ffa1ed&displaylang=en "Selcuk ARSLAN" wrote: > hi > we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy > three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 > w...

How to move transaction log in Exch5.5
Hi, The disk where I store my Exch5.5 transaction logs is running out of space. I have added a new disk, but am not certain what is the right procedure to move the transaction log path as well as move the current log files to the new drive. Thanks in advance for your help. Henry Just run the performance optimizer. It is under Start --> Programs --> Microsoft Exchange. You can move your transaction logs, and databases from there. Just enter a new path for your transaction logs and it will automatically move the files for you. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >The ...

Freeze title row before sort
How do I sort a column without moving the title row? Click in the column to want to sort. Click on Data, Sort. Make sure there is a checkmark in Header Row at the bottom of the dialogue box. Is this what you want to do? -- Rae Drysdale "Rich R." wrote: > How do I sort a column without moving the title row? ...

Copy Sheet and move to end
Hi, i have posted something similar earlier today but this is alittle different. I have a sheet called Template in a workbook. i need to be able to issue a macro that will copy it and move it to the far right after all other sheets. Then rename it 1 number above the last sheet. i.e. if the last sheet was 2567 then my new copied shett will be 2568. regards, N.S. Sheets("TEMPLATE").Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) ActiveSheet.Name = Sheets.Count HTH -- (][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][) "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

my cursor moves off the bottom of the page when I type (2007)
I have a new installed version of Word 2007 it worked fine initially just this AM the cursor started to move off the bottom of the screen as I typed new lines how can I keep the cursor in the middle of the screen You are probably using a notebook with a touch pad mouse thing that is too sensitive and you are inadvertently brushing it when typing, Try reducing its sensitivity -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com...

how to move the cursor to column A after entering data column F
Is there a way when entering data in a spreadsheet - to have the cursor move to column A after entering data in Column F or beyond? If you enter data across the worksheet press tab, when you have entered the data in column F press the Enter key. Check also Tools | Options |Edit that you have selected Down in the Move selection after Enter. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "tskaiser" wrote: > Is there a way when entering data in a spreadsheet - to have the cursor move > to column A after entering data in Column F or beyond? try this (put in sheet module) Priva...

the line is extending to the next cell
Hi, Could anyone pls help on this? http://cid-17ec75244bac022f.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/t11.doc Bst Rgds, HuaMin What is it you are asking?, as far as i can tell if the text did extend out of cell C7 it would destroy the look of your sheet, that said i believe you have the cell formatted as a number, format it as TEXT it should help. HuaMin;708937 Wrote: > Hi, Could anyone pls help on this? 't11.doc - Windows Live' (http://tinyurl.com/23hyzz5) Bst Rgds, HuaMin -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Excel Chat' (http:...