How do I add a formula to a range of cells

0
wotnow (1)

1) You can type a formula into a cell and then drag the that cell's fill
handle (solid square in lower right corner) to fill other cells with the
formula. You need to know about absolute and relative referencing - see Help

I the cell is part of a vertical table, double clicking the fill handle is
quicker than dragging it.

2) You can select a range of cell, type the formula and finish off with
CTRL+ENTER. This fills the selected range with the same formula - with
appropriate cell reference changes.

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"wotnow" <wotnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Need to add to current formula

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

formula auditing/macro
Can anyone give me the sytax to goto - special - precedents so I can create a macro so I can assign to a hotkey and dont have to go through 4 steps ? Thanks, Yosef With A1=1 and D2=2*A1, and D1 as active cell: I recorded a macro for these steps: Edit|GoTo->Special->Precedence And the macro contained just one line: Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ynissel" <ynissel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA544BDE-3717-4953-A5E3-06191BC28373@microsoft.com... > Can anyone...

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Help with percent formula beginner
Hi, have a cell (A1) with $39.99. I want a cell (B1) were I can vary 10%, 20% etc and have that effect (A1). So If I put in 10% A1 would be $36.00 (percent decrease). Can you please help me out with the formula? Also it seems like if I type in % in a cell and I delete it and type another number and I don't want a % in there it gives it to me anyway. Can I make this stop? Thanks so much Ted Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B1")) Is Nothing Then Wi...

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...

classic toolbar add-on?
Has anyone out there found a good, user-friendly, no problems add-on I can download so I can view my Office 2007 stuff as 2003 stuff with a nice classic toolbar? I wish I hadn't gotten this! The ribbon is so busy and distracting and hardly makes any sense at all! You can download Office (Classic) menu addins from below site. http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/MenuAddins.aspx For Excel with new features of Excel-2007: http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/Exshail_Classic_Menu.aspx Regards, Shailesh Shah http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/ If You C...

why does Equal sign not appear on the formula bar
next to the function button as in Excel 2000??? What was the purpose of changing this and creating a formula "wizard"?? ...