How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?

I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone
numbers, etc.  I would like all of this information in one cell and in the
standard format of:

name
address
phone
etc.

I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I
cut and paste it from a Word document.  Could someone please tell me how to
format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell?
0
watermark (1)

Hi
use ALT+ENTER
for inserting line breaks

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:B4F6AC6A-BA80-4D97-AB0F-95F8312F9BB6@microsoft.com...
> I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses,
phone
> numbers, etc.  I would like all of this information in one cell and
in the
> standard format of:
>
> name
> address
> phone
> etc.
>
> I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text,
unless I
> cut and paste it from a Word document.  Could someone please tell me
how to
> format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted
in a cell?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Splitting a cell???
I have a long list of data combined in once column by cell. The data in each cell includes a phone number and address. I would like to split that data into two different cells. Is this possible and if so how? The data looks like this: (555) 555-5555 999 Broadway, Apt A etc. etc.. etc... Any advise? Brw Try <Data> <TextToColumns> Check "FixedWidth", <Next> Read the directions to move the break line to the end of the phone numbers and eliminate any others, Then <Finish> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corr...

Excel 2007

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

data input in text box