how can i save a worksheet to a new sheet without causing bad dat.

i am learnig how to use excell and i am having a hard time saving data to
different sheets so that i can show different veiws of the data.
0
alphageek (1)

geek

Investigate the use of View>Custom Views to see various parts and views of
your sheet without moving the data to other sheets.

i.e.  hidden rows/columns,  different areas of the sheet etc.

Also Data>Filter>Autofilter to filter out/in different sets of your data.

You can filter out data and copy what's visible to other sheets or just
view/print in place.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:39:02 -0700, alphageek
<alphageek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i am learnig how to use excell and i am having a hard time saving data to
>different sheets so that i can show different veiws of the data.

0
Gord

How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.
In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with the mouse. This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003. (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help, Carolina I think that this went away in xl2002. You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back. Carol...

HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C
One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window. She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch. The power went out, and she started up the computer when the power come back. She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that Customer. She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for that Customer but in the Unposted Sales. I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has been posted. So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series Post window. She still can not view t...

why i can not run excel2000 in windows XP?
i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing displayed. please tell me why i met that mistake and how to resolve it. thank you for your help The following MSKB article may help: OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503 bugbug wrote: > i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i > can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing > displayed. > please tell me why i met that mistake ...

save e-mail on server
Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced" setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off. How do I get this setting to permanently stay activated? Hard to say without any configuration details and what exactly you did where. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Irish Travelor" <Irish Travelor@discussions.microsoft.com>...

enabling and desabling autofiler on protect sheet
Hi all, how can i give the option in the VBA command to dynamicly enable or desable autofilter on a row when the cells are protected for any editing ...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

Excel97
Hi all, Have the following code .. Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() If OptionButton1.Value = True Or OptionButton2.Value = True Then If OptionButton1.Value = True Then SelDSet = OptionButton1.Tag If OptionButton2.Value = True Then SelDSet = OptionButton2.Tag Else MsgBox "You must select a Dataset [X/Y]." _ , vbCritical + vbOKOnly, _ "Dataset Required." OptionButton1.SetFocus Exit Sub End If ResVal = MsgBox("Please confirm the following: " & Chr(13) & _ &q...

Testing new account
Hi Tod/MS tech support. This is a test to see if my account has been changed to managed group. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_13BD40A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Kay, Your post is still not showing up. Did you change anything? If so it could take 48 hours to take affect. Also, if you don't mind could you post your company name, or the first part of your company name, so I can take a look to see if I see anything that may be causing the problem. If you don't want to post it here please contact Technical Support to open a support ...

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

How do I put worksheets in alphabetical order
I have created a database which has been worked on by someone else. I have made the necessary alterations but how do I check for duplicate entries on each worksheet. Thansk Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <F87E0D91-E192-42EC-A8BA-E1FEC70CCB6E@microsoft.com>, "DLee" <DLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a database which has been worked on by someone else. > > I have made the necessary alterations but how do I check for duplicate > entries on each worksheet. > > Thansk First you need two ...

Saving copy of e-mail on server
How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my >server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >. > What kind of a server do you use? POP3, Hotmail, MSN, or IMAP? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Lookup a range and insert range name into second worksheet
Hi, Worksheet 1 Column B Column K Delivery x Allocation A Delivery x Allocation A Delivery x Allocation B Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation C Delivery x Allocation D Worksheet 2 COL 1 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 ROW 13 Allocation A Allocation B Allocation C Allocation D I need to be able to automatically insert the allocation name in wks2 as it is added in wks1. The allocations cannot be pre...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

find last cell in column
Hi, Apart from using VBA, is there any way to write a formula that will find the last used cell in a column of 15 cells? In the first set below, it would be ..388, in the second set it would be .133. Any help would be appreciated. 0.006 0.000 0.036 0.125 0.133 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.313 0.388 0.006 0.000 0.036 0.125 0.133 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 ...

stuck 401 worksheet
We have one store that is unable to complete a worksheet 401 upload. Client connects fine, earlier worksheets process, it starts processing the 401, but it never completes. Eventually, the connection times out. I've run the 'Check' and 'Reindex' processes on the store's database without effect. What else can I try? Try this: Delete the worksheet, create a new 401 at HQ and backdate the effective date to any time before the date of the 401 you deleted. See if this one completes. "Jim Early" <JimEarly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Pivot report without the drop downs
I created my Excel 2007 Pivot table with the data I need. Now, I want to remove the Report Filter Drop Down showing lot more information than my peers or superiors need to see or even try to view. The same is true for the Rows Labels and Column Labels with the drop down. I figured out how to remove the plus signs by using the "Show/Hide" on the Options on the Ribbon. I tried the copy and paste but for some reason I can only do .txt or object. There is no paste special. Then the format is not the same. Do anyone have an answer for this problem? Thanks a million, Ty ...

About worksheet change event.
I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple cell selections, "except" adding a whole row by right-clicking on the row number bar. How can i do this? Maybe you could test like this If Target.Rows.Count = 1 And Target.Count = Rows.Count Then ... -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:Og4LA$Y%23FHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I wrote a code and somewhere, I want to restrict any changes with multiple > cell selections, "except"...

How can comunicate annoucement more agile?
is it any form to replicate the winpoup utility with annoucemen of Micrososft cRM v3.0? ...

Db template that can handle making book indices?
Does anyone know if there is a template that can be used to create printed book indices? The indices are those pages usually found at the back of books that allow you to find information in any book quickly and easily. The difficulty is that some books, as an example even cookbooks, don't have a comprehensive enough index so it would be nice to create one's own esp. for books we use quite frequently where we'd like to create a booklet we tuck into the book so that when we go to do research, we can find anything. As an example, I'd like to use a cookbook because it...

Unread messages don't exist
My Outlook 2003 Unread Messages folder states that I have 11 unread messages in my inbox. I select the Inbox folder from the Unread Messages folder and right click and choose Mark Messages as Read. I'm then presented withe the following info: Cannot mark the items read or unread. The most likely reasons are: You don't have permissions to modify the items etc etc If I hi-light one of the messages and choose delete, I get the following: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied. I cannot read the message either. I have run scanpst on...

VBA and Protect Worksheet Dilemma
Hi, I am a novice at VBA and have struck a little problem. I have made a table in Excel that compares various Insurance Companies covers. I have checkboxes for the user to select which companies he/she wishes to compare and then a Compare button which takes the user to the worksheet with the comparisons on it showing only the chosen insurers. Here is my problem: I cannot protect the worksheets without getting a VBAerror. VBA cannot show columns that are hidden, or hide columns that are shown if the worksheet is protected. Can anyone assist me in how to overcome this issue, please? It ...

posting multiple worksheet .xls on webpage
I've run into a slight problem trying to post an excel spreadsheet to a webpage. The spreadsheet has 6 worksheets. I've placed a link to the .xls file in the webpage. If the user clicks on the link (to open the file), he/she only sees the first worksheet. If, however, he/she downloads the file by right-clicking the link and choosing to save the file, the entire file is downloaded, and the user can then see all worksheets. Why is this occurring, and what can I do to change this behavior? Thanks, Steve -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

can not forward or reply to messages
I was able to send, forward and reply to messages up til today. For some reason I can not forward or reply to messages today. They are greyed out. I am using Microsoft outlook 2007. Any idea how to fix this? And you cannot create new messages either? Probably the same applies to creating new documents in any of the other Office applications too. In that case it means that you haven't activated your copy of Office yet. You can do so in Outlook via Help-> Activate Product... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Money 2004 installed on a new machine
I just got a new PC and am tryint to get my copy of Money 2004 up and running. On my old PC I had installed the trial version of Money Deluxe and then upgraded to a full version. So, I have the exe to install the trial version and I have an activation code. I have installed the trial version on my new PC and when I try to open my money file from my previous computer, it says "The system date in your computer must be 2003 or 2004 in order to run this trial version of Microsoft Money 2004". So, I change the date to 12/29/2004 to see if I could at least get in a enter my acti...