How can I remove an unused shortcut label from a Worksheet row?

I put a macro shortcut on Row 1 of a worksheet using Forms controls.  Now I
no longer need this shortcut; I've deleted the associated macro and am now
left only with a labelled box which I cannot remove using the Help
suggestions.
--
tanda
0

You should be able to delete it.
Press the F5 key,
click on Special,
select Objects
click on OK

It should now be selected - press the Delete key to get rid of it.

"tanda" wrote:

> I put a macro shortcut on Row 1 of a worksheet using Forms controls.  Now I
> no longer need this shortcut; I've deleted the associated macro and am now
> left only with a labelled box which I cannot remove using the Help
> suggestions.
> --
> tanda
0
DukeCarey (494)
tandangbata

"Duke Carey" wrote:

> You should be able to delete it.
> Press the F5 key,
> click on Special,

Sorry, didn't work. When I clicked special, then Objects, I get: "No objects
found".
When I clicked the shortcut box, then the F5 key, nothing happens.

> select Objects
> click on OK
>
> It should now be selected - press the Delete key to get rid of it.
>
> "tanda" wrote:
>
> > I put a macro shortcut on Row 1 of a worksheet using Forms controls.  Now I
> > no longer need this shortcut; I've deleted the associated macro and am now
> > left only with a labelled box which I cannot remove using the Help
> > suggestions.
> > --
> > tanda
0
tanda (2)
5/23/2007 6:37:04 PM
tanda

Perhaps you used a button from the Control Toolbox.

You must be in "design mode" in order to find that button for deletion.

Tools>Customize>Control Toolbox.

Select the design mode Icon........top left of Control Box.....has a picture of
some drafting tools.

Now try the F5>Special.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 May 2007 11:37:04 -0700, tanda <tanda@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Sorry, didn't work. When I clicked special, then Objects, I get: "No objects
>found".
>When I clicked the shortcut box, then the F5 key, nothing happens.

0
Gord

How can I create a new line in a cell in Excel by hitting enter?
I need to just be able to hit enter in a cell and it create a new line in that cell. Is there a way to do this so that I do not have to add more rows? Please help! Manual (forced) line break: <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Monica" <Monica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A711F1A5-5C6A-4547-BC55-4E1FAC262B91@microsoft.com... I need to just be able to hit enter in a cell and it create a ...

Can I personalise the sender name
Hello, Can I personalise the sender name by users in Exchange 2003 ? It's a Active Directory parameters ? Regards. In news:452e39a7$0$25919$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr, Parabizar <parabizar@nodomain.disable> typed: > Hello, > > Can I personalise the sender name by users in Exchange 2003 ? > It's a Active Directory parameters ? > > Regards. You can change the display name in ADUC for *your* users, but if you mean the sender of an inbound message to you from another server you don't manage, then no. DisplayName "Parabizar" <parabizar@no...

How can I decompile Managed Cpp code?
Hi everybody; My HDD is failed. So i lost all of the code belongs to my last project. And i need to decompile my executables. Thanks in advance; C�neyd HELVACI C�neyd HELVACI wrote: > Hi everybody; > > My HDD is failed. So i lost all of the code belongs to my last project. And > i need to decompile my executables. > > Thanks in advance; > > C�neyd HELVACI > > Decompiling does not recover the original code. Use the most recent of the daily backups you must surely make? -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Decompiling, when it is possible at all, produce...

Can't get any updates to install
I have Vista and have had nothing but problems trying to get any updates to install. I have searched on the error codes and followed the directions to no avail. Is anyone else having this problem. I don't want to have to bring it in and pay $$ to get installs to download and then install. Any solutions? ...

Only domain admins can view distribution list members
Hello, Exchange 5.5 SP4 Windows NT 4.0 SP6 Windows NT 4.0 domain (no AD) When a user (non-domain admin) tries to view the membership list of any distribution list, the list is blank. As soon as I add the user to the Domain Admins group, they are able to see the membership list. The "Hide membership from Address Book" option is not checked. Thanks, db ...

Insert a new Worksheet AFTER the existing (Active) sheet
I want to insert (or add) a new Worksheet to my existing Workbook, but I want it to appear AFTER my existing (Active) Worksheet. The default places it BEFORE my current sheet. This places Sheet2 before Sheet 1. I'd like the new sheet (Sheet2) to be added AFTER Sheet1. Is this possible? This should give you a few ideas: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/288402 -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Ronnie" wrote: > I want to insert (or add) a new Worksheet to my existing Workbo...

How can I share information between multiple sheets in Excel?
New question: I know now how to use "=sheet1!a1" to copy cells from sheet 1 to sheet 2,3 etc. Is there is a formula that will allow me to enter data into sheet 2, and have it copy automatically into sheet 1 and 3, or into sheet 3 going to sheet 1 and 2? So that I can enter the data into any sheet and have it transfer to all sheets, rather than always from sheet 1 to sheets 2 and 3. Nothing built into excel (except for the formula you showed). But I'd be very hesitant to separate my data. I'd do my best to keep all the data on one worksheet. You can use Data|Fi...

Can Java invoke the COM interface that's produced by VC++?
"Bryan" <kfc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O8heljN2DHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > See if this helps you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncomg/html/dcomtyplib.asp Look for 'Calling a COM Object from Java' in that page. Other links may be useful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vjsharp/html/vjgrfbackgroundcominteropinvisualj60.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/mts/building_965d.asp HTH, Tom. http://www.fruitfruit.com/vc/java/javacom.txt "B...

Alternate Row Shading
I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then dark-gray, etc. Thanks! AB Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alex_Bachrach wrote: > I'm a newbie who's got a five-column worksheet and about 900 rows, > most of them already typed. Grateful if someone could advise how to > shade all of the rows in an alternate fashion, i.e., light-gray, then > dark-...

Creating a graphic from worksheet's data: like a "progress" thermo
Is it possible to create graphics from data -- other than pivot tables/charts? Specifically, could I somehow create, from data that displays planned and completed dates for a project, a thermometer or some thing even better that shows completion vs. planned...? There's more data than just that, but that's an example. Thanks Andy Pope has instructions for using a graphic: http://www.andypope.info/charts/dollarsplit.htm and for thermometer charts: http://www.andypope.info/charts/thermometer.htm Nicole L. wrote: > Is it possible to create graphics from data -- other than...

Can't read e-mail
When I open outlook 2007, I get either a grey screen or a window to my desktop where my message text should be. Messages are coming in, but I can't access them. Have tried restarting, and tested all the e-mail folders - same thing. I am running Windows XP (tablet), Outlook 2007 and Mcaffee 2010. What is new? Yesterday I repaired corrupt PST file with scanpst. Once I got this fixed I removed Norton and replaced it with McAffee. everything worked fine after the restart...yesterday. Any suggestions? repair PST again?? or delete McAfee? -- Sunshine60 When you installed...

Removing Delegates
I am having a specific problem, and it is occurring both in Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002. I try to remove a delegate and when I go back the person reappears. I go to Tools -> Options -> Delegates, I choose a name and click remove and apply. Does not work. I am have tried removing all the permissions and then deleting them. Does not work. I have tried removing all the persmission on each individual folder under the folders properties and then deleting them. It does not work. We do have an active directory where we can set these things, but the delegate is not listed ther...

worksheet ? of ?? in workbook
I know about page numbering in the header or footer, but I need some way to put the worksheet number (if counted from left to right) and the total number of worksheets in my workbook in cells on my worksheets. Does anyone know how to program some funtions that I can put into cells that I choose so that these numbers will automatically be generated and changed, even if I remove or add a worksheet, or change the order of the worksheets in the workbook (from left to right), without having to run a macro all the time. Chris Hofman hi, In the header or footer(left, right or center) put this...

Shortcuts ....
Does any one know the shortcut to change the size of a column in Excel ... without having to go to the menu, selecting column width and inputing a number ... can it be done by a shortcut? Thanks Soha There is a option of autofit. double click on the line in between the column headers. [A,B,C Etc] >-----Original Message----- >Does any one know the shortcut to change the size of a >column in Excel ... without having to go to the menu, >selecting column width and inputing a number ... can it be >done by a shortcut? >Thanks >Soha >. > Just put the cursor on the...

Sending an entire worksheet via a hyperlink / button
I have a worksheet with many drop down menus, etc, and i want people to be able to fill it in, and then send it on ..... but you know how lazy people are .... if they have to save it, then send it, they will gripe about it! Is there a way to just have a hyperlink style button on the sheet that once the guys have filled it out, it just sends the sheet to me? Thanks, Jim Suggest looking at Ron de Bruin's website http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org...

Counting Rows #4
I have a sheet in excel, where a user imputs data on one row together with time they were taken. I neet the excel to count the number of inputs every 8 hours and enter the number into another sheet. I had been using VB to operate this. I wanted to convert the time into minutes and then use if to set the range and count the rows. but I dont know how to do this. I will appreciate any idea. Cheers -- Sona ...

How can I link a SRS Report with the Account?
I have made a Report that list the 5 major types of Accounts and when the user clicks a Account I would like to open the Account. How can I put a Link in a Table Details Section on the SRS Reports? -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization If you have the SDK help file, this explains how this can be done - in the Reports section. In summary though, this is what you do: 1. Create a hidden Parameter of type Text 2. Find the URL of the record type you want...

How can I get background fill in Publisher to cover a whole page
I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame which covers trhe whole page and has a background fill. When printing there is a white border all around, however big I make the frame. I am printing on A4 paper. How can I get this fil;l to cover right to the edges? Does your printer support full bleed? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "acmr" <acmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED29C702-96FD-44FF-ABAE-0196169147FD@microsoft.com... >I am using Publisher 2002 with windows XP. When editing I have a frame >which >...

How can I sent an e-mail to the creator task
Is it possible send an e-mail when the task is closed for the created vy? The e-mail it is send by owner and the only logic user can I send an e-mail is to the own owner. Can I am clear? Regards ...

add/remove visio viewer
The entry in the Add/Remove applet for Microsoft Visio Viewer will not go away. I had it installed several months ago and have since installed the full version of Visio which works fine but somehow it has overwritten the Viewer uninstallation information. Even Windows Update keeps trying to add security updates to the Viewer but fails miserably. I have tried reinstalling the Visio Viewer but everytime I run the installation package it gets past the licensing page then complains "This patch package could not be opened.". I have downloaded it four times with four different...

Export siingle rows into new workbook
Hi there I have an excel file full of data (about 1000 rows). I need to export each row into a new workbook (just one row in each workbook, resulting in about 1000 files), and then save it so that the filename is the same as the data from one of the columns. E.g. cell C2 = 'A001-07' which is what the file should be saved as, and C3 is 'A001-08' which is what that row's file should be saved as....and so on.... I normally use VBA in access not excel and while I know what I want todo, I am having a bit of trouble! I guess I will have to put some kind of a loop in for each...

Removing spaces from imported data
Excel 2003 I copied and pasted some "numerical" data from a table into an excel worksheet. I needed to sum up several columns worth of data but each time it enters the sum as 0. So, after experimenting I found that there is a space after each number. I tried using the TRIM and LEFT/RIGHT functions and neither worked as far as allowing me to sum up the columns. When I retype the number, it obviously works. I tried formatting the cells to numbers before and after trying the TRIM function but to no avail. Is there a way to get this data into a useable format and if so, h...

Can you link products to leads
Hi, We're creating leads from web site visits and are asking the visitor to indicate their interest in one or more of our products, is there a way to link the lead to the products? I'd prefer to do it through some sort of cross reference structure as opposed to a repeating set of attributes in the lead schema. This won't be the only time we'll need this type of construct either. Thanks, Derek. It is not possible to add new objects (tables) to the schema yet (should be in v2 or v3, but no details available yet). This means if your leads are selecting many products it i...

Why can't I select the "edit points" on pictures in Publisher?
I insert a picture, I select it. I go to the Arrange drop down menu, but Edit Points is grayed out, meaning that feature can't be used. I've tried it with multiple pictures. What gives? Suggestions? What version Publisher? What format is the picture? If it is a bitmap (.jpg, ..png, others) when you select *edit wrap points* you will have to place your cursor on the wrapping frame to create a point. Vectors, .wmf and others, have to be ungrouped before you can edit points. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "marousek" <marousek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...