How can I check a cell for current date and insert it if blank?

I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that checks
the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing
happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done?

Thanks
Don
0
K (139)

Sub insertdate()
With ActiveCell
If Not IsDate(.Value) Then .Value = Date
End With

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don K" <Don K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that
>checks
> the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing
> happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done?
>
> Thanks
> Don

0
dguillett1 (2487)
9/29/2006 1:03:07 PM
Hello DOn,

I appologize, but I'm pretty new to this and don't understand your
instructions

"Don Guillett" wrote:

> Sub insertdate()
> With ActiveCell
> If Not IsDate(.Value) Then .Value = Date
> End With
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "Don K" <Don K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that
> >checks
> > the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing
> > happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Don

0
DonK1 (1)
9/29/2006 1:22:02 PM
Actually, I didn't give any instructions. I wrote a macro. Copy/paste into a
macro module and assign to a button or a worksheet event.  You may want to
designate the cell to use
with range("a1")

--
> Hello DOn,
>
> I appologize, but I'm pretty new to this and don't understand your
> instructions
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
>> Sub insertdate()
>> With ActiveCell
>> If Not IsDate(.Value) Then .Value = Date
>> End With
>>
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
>> "Don K" <Don K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am modifying the invoice template. I want to create a formaula that
>> >checks
>> > the date cell for the current date. If a date occupies the cell nothing
>> > happens, otherwise, the current date is inserted. Can this be done?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Don

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Newbie Question
Is there a way to create an Excel database to input information and then pull info into a form? We need to have 3 diferent forms that info could be pulled from a database so that the forms don't need to be handwritten or typed each time. I'm willing to do the research needed to do this if it is possible. Info would change, and not all fields would be pulled into each form. I hope this makes some sense. Thanks. Set up your database in columnar format so's you can use VLOOKUP formulas in your 3 forms to pull data based upon criteria. Good place to start for info is ...

how much can you shrink a big picture without loosing the picture?
What I am trying to do is create a 'deep shrink / zoom out' on a picture in PPT 2003. So, I have this very, very big picture (1 x 1 m for instance) and want to make it to shrink / zoom out. The slide / screen size is about 25 x 19 cm, so, a shrink to 25% at should be possible. Picture placed on the slide '100%' so, 1 x 1 meter and then put into slide show with emphasis 'shrink' to 25 % and than, blank appears on all sides..??..no picture is 'generated' any more? So, is it possible some how to make this 'deep shrink' animation? or, what ...

autofill cells without a pattern?
Hi! I wonder if someone could give me a hint of how to auto fill cells or rows when they don't have a pattern. Every month I pull data with 3000+ entries in CSV format. Each cell follows a row order (eg. Row1=Group, Row2=Term, Row3=SE, etc.), however, when data on cell A1 is the same as B1, and then B1 comes empty. Also, if data on A1 is same as B1, but data on A2 is different than B2, then A2 and B2 have their corresponding data but B1 is still empty. Until now, I have selected the empty cells (one by one) and performed a "copy down" (ctrl+D) but I am getting tired of that (more...

Code to Implement Required Cells Not Working
I have a worksheet called "Change Request Form" where users are required to input values in the following cells: C9 = CPM Full Name C10 = IT PM Full Name C11 = Change Type C12 = Reason Category C13 = Project Name C14 = Release C15 = PAT ID C16 = PRISM ID C17 = Explanation E15 = New PAT ID E16 = New PRISM ID I want to require users to provide input in most or all of the other aforementioned cells prior to Saving the workbook depending on the value of cell C11. I wrote the code shown below and put it in the ThisWorkbook object. Unfortunately, upon testing, u...

Can Someone Read Me?
Since Yesterday I can see my own post in this group, 2 user said that they read me Sorry for any inconvenience Regards, Antonio Macias On 26 Apr 2007 08:50:50 -0700, rebelscum0000 <rebelscum0000@gmail.com> wrote: >Since Yesterday I can see my own post in this group, 2 user said that >they read me If you have trouble posting through Google Groups, there are alternatives. If you have Internet Explorer installed, you also have Outlook Express; open it and select msnews.microsoft.com as the news server. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Can't see what is wrong with this Union query...
Can you? SELECT "Fred" AS Name FROM tblMonths UNION ALL SELECT "Joe" AS Name FROM tblMonths; Your union query is not required to pull any data from the table. Maybe you want something like this that does not need a union query -- SELECT tblMonths.* FROM tblMonths WHERE Name = "Joe" OR Name = "Fred"; -- Build a little, test a little. "AndyK" wrote: > Can you? > > SELECT "Fred" AS Name FROM tblMonths > UNION ALL SELECT "Joe" AS Name FROM tblMonths; > AndyK wrote: > Can y...

Can I create an outline form numerical Outline Level?
Further to my posting 'Can I copy row grouping between files?' In my Excel file containing data exported from MS Project there is a column headed 'Outline Level', containing numbers 1 > 8. How can I use these to create an outline to group rows in the excel file? ...

Can there be too many sub queries within a single query?
I am trying to combine the results from more than 15 queries into a single query in an attempt to save opening 15 different queries individually. The query runs successfully with the exception of the 15th, or last, query returning null cells. If I pull that sub query by itself it does return the correct data however. Has anyone experienced this in their projects? Thanks for your help, Rick I do not know as there is a limit to the number of subqueries but I read there is a limit to the total number of characters in the complete SQL statement. That would include subqueries,...

How to combine 2 cells' text into 1 cell
Hi all, Assume Cell B1 is "ClassA" Assume Cell B2 is "MayMay" I would like to make D2 as "ClassA MayMay" How can i do that? I have tried to write as =B1,B2 it seems not workable~ Thanks. =B1&" "&B2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) <athatisme4@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129074458.845268.98090@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Assume Cell B1 is "ClassA" > Assume Cell B2 is "MayMay" > > I would like to make D2 as "ClassA MayMay" > > > H...

how do I copy only visble cells in office10
i can't remember how this is done in this version Click Go to then special and "visible cells only" and then CTRL+C (copy) Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva "Tantalus24" wrote: > i can't remember how this is done in this version Ctrl+g > Special > Visible Cells Only > OK "Eva" wrote: > Click Go to then special and "visible cells only" and then CTRL+C (copy) > > Click yes if helped > -- > > Greatly appreciated > Eva > > > "Tantalus24" wrote:...

How can I send my hotmail account to office messenger?
How can I send my hotmail account to office messenger? This question doesn't seem to have anything to do with Microsoft Office Outlook...if it does, please elaborate. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Will" wrote: > How can I send my hotmail account to office messenger? What do you mean by "Office Messenger"? Is that your corporate messenger service? Or are you talking about the messenger you use at work?? "Will"...

Money 2002
When I print a check, Money 2002 prints 3-pages, the first page is the check, the second page is blank and the third page has a lines and alpha-numeric characters down the left margin. The check is printing correctly; however, the additional 2-pages are a problem and make it impractical to print more that one check at a time. Computer Configuration: Sony laptop, 30Gb free, Windows XP Professional, Office XP Professional, Symetics System Works, Quicken 2002, and Money 2002. Printer: HP 4200. Thank you, Glen ...

Need help with a date function formula
I have an excel sheet header which includes a date, the date is t represent yesterday's date ( =Today()-1 ), which then would come int the spread sheet as August 8th, 2005, assuming today was August 9th. The problem is on days like Monday when the previous day was sunday how can I make the formula output the Friday before the Monday instea of Sunday ...example on Monday, August 11th, the formula would read August 10th, I need it to read August 8th...? Please help, thank -- KA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KAA's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

How to insert Handout PPT into a Word file
I need to insert the handout (6 slides to a page) into my word document. There does not seem to be that type option in Vista. Does anyone have a handle on the solution. I think we could do this in EX. Thanks, Criss Juliard In article <5E568C18-F5C7-4D6F-859E-AB89E5BB67B1@microsoft.com>, Vetiver Criss wrote: > I need to insert the handout (6 slides to a page) into my word document. > There does not seem to be that type option in Vista. Does anyone have a > handle on the solution. I think we could do this in EX. PPT creates handouts "on the fly" as it s...

recognizing cell.interior.colorindex
I adapted Pearson's code to write a macro to test if a cell had a colorindex>0, then (if so) remove all conditional formatting that colored the cell (leaving the color). It works fine on a small test spreadsheet with different test conditional formats. When I try to run my "real" application, it always returns -4142 (clear) for cell.interior.colorindex, regardless of the cell color. It doesn't seem related to Pearson's code. Any help appreciated. TIA -- Bill Roberts Chip has lots of code on his site. I don't know what you used to check. But test...

Inserting letters
when inserting ltr, how do i avoid displacing ltr immediately ahead? When you insert a letter, you are going to move the letter in front of it. Do you mean you want to overwrite that letter? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "tak" <tak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAE0A1A8-8FDD-48EC-8CFC-850567B17248@microsoft.com... > when inserting ltr, how do i avoid displacing ltr immediately ahead? ...

How can I keep my numbering system consecutive when I sort?
I have created a spread sheet with a numbering system. I would like it to be permanently consecutive when I do a sort...is there a way to create a permanent row that is not affected when I sort the rest of the document? One way: Say your row #1 starts on Row5. In A5 enter: =ROWS($1:1) And copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "duchess_2" <duchess_2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290570A8-5847-40...

All my emails are blank
Hi, After (or so it seems) installing msn messenger, all my emails on a pop3 server do not open - outlook reiceves them from the server but they are all blank (with a busy mouse pointer when you hover above them)this isnt only new emails but all the emails on my hard drive!! help! Faz ...

I imported messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002
I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown error...if continues restart Outlook"... I have an I still can't get rid of them. MTB <MTB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old > messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the > messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown > error...if continues restart Outloo...

Counting based on Date Range
I have a an Excel spreadsheet that is linked to an Access Databas Table. Each day, the database is updated with new information including the date. I want to set up an automated Excel report tha will count the number of entries for a date range (monthly). In short I want to reference an entire column (the date column), and have th spreadsheet be able to count how many entries occurred in Jan 04, Fe 04, etc... I've played with counta and countif, but have had little success. Thoughts? Thankx, C -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com CT Here's an example using SUMIF,...

How to limit insertion of records
I have two tables as follows: TABLE1: (BUSINESS TYPE) ===== ID Business Type (With a lookup choice like: Individual, Partnership, Company) TABLE2: (OWNERS) ===== ID Business Type (Looked up from Table1) Owners I want the Table2 based subform, to allow only a SINGLE record to be entered if an INDIVIDUAL business type is selected in the Table1 based main form, Maximum of SEVEN records if PARTNERSHIP business type is selected in the Table1 based main form, and UNLIMITED records if COMPANY business type is selected in the Table1 based main form. Any guidance shall be highl...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...

average of non blank cells
i have read somewhere that it is possible to take an average of non blank cells....is this correct....if so how!! thanks in advance Robert. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "robert_woodie" <robert_woodie.wgt6m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:robert_woodie.wgt6m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > i have read somewhere that it is possible to take an average of non > blank cells....is this correct....if so how!! > > th...

Name a worksheet tab with data in a cell
I have Excel 2002 and would like to rename a worksheet tab with a cell reference. Example, name the tab "John Doe" his name is located in cell b2. each time I change the value in b2, the name of the tab will change accordingly. Hi Donovan, In the worksheet's module (right-click the sheet's tab | View Code), paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then Me.Name = Target.Value End If End Sub --- Regards, Norman "donovan" <anonymous@discussions...

Payroll Build Checks takes almost 4 hours
Sorry, I'm reposting this question because I didnt describe the subject very well... I hope someone has any tips of what to look for... I run Payroll Build Checks for 1369 employees, selecting biweekly and Salary, and it takes almost 4 hours to finish. At the end, only 543 employees fit the selection criteria. My server looks to have plenty of spare capacity when monitored, the store procedures were recompiled, the statistics were updated, check links ran, etc. What else can I check? Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. Details are below. When I click on <...