How can I change worksheet direction from right to left

I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007  from left to
right and vice versa

If you mean you want to change the direction of the cursor on Enter, then
click on the round logo top left, select Excel options, select Advanced, and
change the direction to Left, Right, Up or Down as you desire.
--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Haitham" wrote:

> I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007  from left to
> right and vice versa
I believe the only way is to go through Microsoft Office Tools and make the
setting under Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings.

Not so easy as it was in Excel 2003.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:12:01 -0800, Haitham
<Haitham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007  from left to
>right and vice versa

-1
Gord

I can't get my concatenate formula results to show
When I go to Insert, Funciton, chose concatenate, then the cells I want to merge, I can see the correct results, but once I hit OK and the wizard closes I can only see the formula =concatenate(A2,B2) - I have tried the CTRL + ` to swith between views but no luck It sounds like the cell was formatted to Text before you entered the formula. Change the format to General and press F2 then Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Lauren" <Lauren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20C63E8-15C...

how do I change the size of the y-axis label?
The Y-axis label is being cut off, even when I change the font size. Any suggestions? Alex, Unfortunately the chart labels as sometimes difficult to work with. You might try deleting the Y axis label and then replacing the label with a textbox. You can use the drawing toolbar access a textbox to put into your chart. Alternatively, just select the chart and start typing. You should see your text appear in the formula bar. When finished, hit the enter key and your text should appear in a textbox within the chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alex&quo...

protecting a group of cells not a whole worksheet
I would like to protect a group of cells and not a whole worksheet but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I think this would be the best way for what I am wanting to do. I have a spreadsheet that I send to 13 people. They make changes and send back to me and then I have to up-date the changes. If I could protect all the cells except for the one they enter in - then I could save the file on a shared drive and it would eliminate me up-dating. Is there a way to do this? Hi select the cells for which you want to allow entries. After this goto 'Format - cells - Protection&...

can not see files
I am using win xp sp3. I just put a new hard drive. I re-install o/s and reinstalled docs& settings from a external hard drive. I am trying to use macrium and make a bart pe disk. All of my files are hidden. IWhen i download something to my documents if i go directly to my documents i can see them. If i go into windows explorer they are not visable. How can I make them not hidden? I went into folders and clicked show hidden folders. Thank you, Phil If I click on my docs from the start menu i can see all my downloads, when i go into explorer, on the left side (folder side) t...

Can't send mail -- "object cannot be found"?
I set up outlook to read mail through an IMAP account and I have no problems downloading mail from the server, but whenever I try to send mail, the following error box pops up: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I searched the knowledge base and tried the solution in article 312354, but the error persists. Is there any way to fix this? I have no problem sending/receiving mail through Outlook Express, but would like to switch over to Outlook. ...

How can I control the application bar color (active state)?
Hi all, When a Windows application lost focus, it's title bar will become gray(in WinXP). I have twin process application´┐Ż´┐Ż I hope one process has focus, the other process' title bar is still blue. I don't want to draw the title bar myself. Is there any flag I can control to maintain the blue state when user focus come to any process of mine? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! On May 11, 8:49=A0am, "John Smith" <ta...@126.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > =A0 =A0 =A0When a Windows application lost focus, it...

How can I graph the #of times a certain word is found in Excel?
For example I have a list of reasons of what brand of butter a group of customers choose to buy.... How can I take the number of times "I can't believe it's not butter" is listed as compared to "Brommel and Brown", etc. and graph them accordingly onto one graph so if I have 512 occurances where customers chose "I can't believe it's not butter" and 256 occurances where customers chose "Brommel and Brown" - then I would like the graph is twice as large for the "I can't believe it's not butter". Hi, Just put in an ...

Can't 'search' new address list
We have Exchange 2003 SP1. I have created a large set of contacts from an external mail system. I can see the new addresses in the GAL, and in a new Address List I created, but I can't 'search' on these addresses. I have done this before with another group of external address and I can 'search' those -- I don't know what I am missing. Any help much appreciated. In Outlook - click the 'To:' box and in the 'Type Name or Select From List' -- I can only -- select from list --- not 'type name'. Thanks. C Emmons ...

how can I avoid missing WM_LBUTTONUP message?
Hello, Inside my WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler, I call SetCapture() so that if the user moves off my control before letting up on the mouse button, I will still receive the WM_LBUTTONUP message. Inside my WM_LBUTTONUP handler, I'm calling ReleaseCapture. However, it seems if the user presses down on the mouse, and then a MessageBox pops up before he lets up on the mouse, I am not getting the WM_LBUTTONUP message. My assumption is that the MessageBox is reclaiming the capture, and my control is losing it. I am aware that I can be alerted of this condition by handling WM_CAPTURECHANGED. I&#...

How Can I Capture Headers of Fraud Emails?
I'm running Outlook 2002, SP-2 on XP Home Edition. I get about 3-4 out-and-out fraud emails a week. For example, a spoof of Citibank whose intent is to trick me into going to a web site that spoofs Citibank's, inducing me to provide the fraudulent site with sensitive personal information. Another is the notorious Nigerian scam, updated for Uganda, or Ghana, or wherever. My Preview pane is always off. For questionable email, I save it, then view it with Notepad if I want to see what the email is about. That way the html does not execute. The html is a little messy to read, but that&#...

Can't delete email in Inbox older than 1 year
I realize this sounds wierd. At work, I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1 which uses an Exchange server. Anyway, I have had these old emails i my Inbox that I can't delete. I was testing this and noticed that i the email was older than 1 year, I get the "Messaging Interface ha returned an unknown error....." when I try move or delete these ol emails. I can delete anything newer than 1 year. Very odd. I have cleaned up my pst file so that it is down to 190MB. I also ra the repair tool a few times, but it did not fix the problem. I have nice clean Inbox except for these 100 emails tha...

Can't Open or Corrupt Report Money Plus Deluxe File
When I want to export a report using the .CSV format, I get an error that the file is corrupt or the file type is wrong. Thus the file cannot be opened in MS Spreadsheet. After a little investigation, I found that my version Money deluxe (17.0120.1415) is generating a corrupt CSV file. The work around to the issue is to open the csv file with Notepad.Go to the very last line of information in the file, press enter and then hold the delete key to remove and excess spaces. Save and close the file. Now the file can be opened with the spreadsheet. This error never occured when MS Money ...

Public Folder Limits? Can't move the items into new public folders.
Hi there. I'm trying to move a sizable e-mail (about 10MB) from a .pst file into a newly created public folder on Exchange 2003. When I attempt, I get the following error message: "Can't move the items. A rule in this public folder prevents a message this large from being posted." Now I've gone through and blown away all limits I can find, but I continue to get this message! Someone, please help! Thanks, Marty >-----Original Message----- >Hi there. > >I'm trying to move a sizable e-mail (about 10MB) from >a .pst file into a newly created...

can't save
Write using Word - 2007 - Windows 7 When I try to shut word file down with the red "close" button - Word/Windows will not close. Even after saving the files - the "word document" simply stays open Hope you have some help....I've been frustrated for weeks. Even tried a Word Uninstallment (didn't work) - and tried a COMPLETE Office 2007 Series Uninstall - No luck.... Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. Pete firpro1@comcast.net Add the CLOSE command button to your Quick Access Toolbar. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &qu...

Change events
Can someone please provide me with an example of a change event where, if a value from a formula in column A (all formulas) changes to let's say "apples" have it trigger "macro1", if the value from a formula in column A changes to "oranges" let it trigger "macro2". Then to complicate matters, worse, I'd like to be able to expand on it to look at columns "B", "C" and "D" (again all formulas) and look for "pears", and so on....to trigger other macros....Please advise, Steve I left out one other important n...

Run a macro when cell value changes
I have a macro that I would like to run, onlly when a particular cel value reaches a pre-defined value. I really do not know how to do this - I have looked on help features but to no avail. any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>save Now when cell c1 calculates to >32 your macro will fire Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() If Range("c1") > 32 Then call yourmacro ' MsgBox "Hi" End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Emea training >&quo...

Access Rights when applying a Rule
I set up a manual workflow rule that sends an email. When I pull up a lead and click Actions/Apply Rule, select the rule and click ok, I get a "You do not have sufficient access rights or privleges to perform this Action" error. I am a System Administrator. Can anyone tell me what permissions I need to perform this action? -- Thanks in advance, Rick Hi Rick. I have the same problem! Did you find a solution? Thanks for the help Regards Mark "Rick" wrote: > I set up a manual workflow rule that sends an email. When I pull up a lead > and click Actions/Apply ...

where can i get a excel league table template?
for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LeagueTable.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70B7EB1-F42D-4B54-9E9C-76F4394B34FC@microsoft.com... > for a league of 12 teams each team playing 11 home and 11 away games ...

Can't import OE6 account information into Outlook
I've got a whole load of mail in my OE6 box and am trying to migrate it to Outlook 2002. All the messages etc have come through, but the account information for all the email addresses I have is not being done. If I manually try to Import via Import -> Internet Mail & Account Settings, I get "No Internet Accounts were found to Import". Help appreciated. do you have more than one identity in OE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/ex...

worksheet code
Hi, Is it possible to add one more cell in the below work sheet code ("$A$10"). Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim iPos As Long On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Address = "$B$8" Then If Len(.Value) > 50 Then iPos = InStrRev(.Value, " ", 51) If iPos > 0 Then Offset(1, 0).Value = Right(.Value, Len(.Value) - iPos) Value = Left(.Value, iPos) End If End If End If End With ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub thanks and regards nowfal -- nowfal --------------------------------------...

how can i check my yahoo mail from outlook?
i have a problem of checking my email from both yahoo and hotmail? what shall i do? Use your browser instead. Outlook is for POP mail, not web mail. "daniel hassanian" wrote: > i have a problem of checking my email from both yahoo and hotmail? > what shall i do? "daniel hassanian" <daniel hassanian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67A7F745-2C04-4B92-8F1A-978D61250894@microsoft.com... > i have a problem of checking my email from both yahoo and hotmail? > what shall i do? Exactly what is the problem? Do you know or have the mail servers ...

SEARCH, FIND, LEFT...??
x-no-archive: yes Help required. I have comma delimited strings of various lengths. I wish to extract the first 3 fields as a comma delimited string. Since the fields are of different lengths, I've hit a brick wall. Example 107,165,72,9,30,10,4_________________ Result => 107,165,72 1,87,4,40,12,20,75,40,39,9,82,24_____ Result => 1,87,4 5____________________________________ Result =>5 120__________________________________ Result =>120 12,327_______________________________ Result =>12,327 mussels______________________________ Result =>mussels 2,263,106,82,19______________...

Change button caption on each click
How to change button caption from "Check All" to "Check None" when clicked, and change back when click again (toggle)? Because of space limitation, I don't want to create 2 separate buttons. When click Check All, I update the field to -1 When click Check None, I update the field to 0 Thanks Something like this in the button's click event. With Me.cmdBtnName If .Caption = "Check All" Then .Caption = "Check None" ElseIf .Caption = "Check None" Then .Caption = "Check All" End If End...

changing the reply address for Outlook 2003
I have two accounts defined in Outlook 2003: one that connects to my Exchange server and another that connects to a web-based IMAP account. I've set the IMAP account as the default and changed the reply to address. My outgoing server is also set to the IMAP server. However, every message I send goes out with the default reply address of my Exchange account. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to fix this? Outlook Express handles it correctly. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet message...

Deleting Worksheet #2
thx again -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27335 ...