How can I change dollar sybbol to euro symbol?

0
zwerver (2)

If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro
symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

"zwerver" <zwerver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ken.wright (2489)
1/30/2006 11:56:16 PM
Hi Ken,

thanks for the info. It was not what I needed. I finally figured out the
various way to use the Euro symbol Including these ways to type it in:
FN  > alt > 0128

Control > alt > e

Insert > symbol  type 20AC as the character code
 Also
Select the cells that you want to format as euro currency style.
Click Euro  on the Formatting toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and
options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click
Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.). If Euro  is
not available, you must load the Euro Currency Tools add-in (add-in: A
supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to
Microsoft Office.) program.

"Ken Wright" wrote:

> If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro
> symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace.
>
> --
> Regards
>            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>               Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03
>
> ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------
> It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
> ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------
>

> "zwerver" <zwerver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
zwerver (2)
1/31/2006 8:36:26 AM
Ok, glad you are sorted but not sure how that counts as changing a dollar
symbol?

What you have described is what I suggested, ie formatting the data, though
granted if you werent aware of how to actually enter the Euro symbol in the
formatting dialog box, then it didn't really help  :-)

Regards
                  Ken................................

> Hi Ken,
>
> thanks for the info. It was not what I needed. I finally figured out the
> various way to use the Euro symbol Including these ways to type it in:
> FN  > alt > 0128
>
> Control > alt > e
>
> Insert > symbol  type 20AC as the character code
> Also
> Select the cells that you want to format as euro currency style.
> Click Euro  on the Formatting toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and
> options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click
> Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.). If Euro
> is
> not available, you must load the Euro Currency Tools add-in (add-in: A
> supplemental program that adds custom commands or custom features to
> Microsoft Office.) program.
>
> "Ken Wright" wrote:
>
>> If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro
>> symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>               Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03
>>
>> ------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
>> It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
>> ------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
>>

>> "zwerver" <zwerver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ken.wright (2489)

pivot chart changes when refreshed
Hi I am changing the pivot chart but the changes donot get saved. How ca we make sure that if we r changing the pivot chart options then they permanent. The changes I tried were formatting of series, changing graphs to lin etc...... Can we have a chart like line and bar graph in 1 graph, I am new t pivot charts or a custom chart -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is a known problem with pivotcharts. There's some info in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatti...

time and date set correctly, office says no, can't activate
can't activate office one note, computer tells me time and date are set incorrectly, this is not the case I haven't seen that one before. Can you use the "Activate over Telephone" link and call the number provided for an activation key? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "tottenham hotspur" <tottenham hotspur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

can someone help me
I have a very basic worksheet which has 4 columns A, Date B. Time C. what I eat D. my blood sugar is there any way that the date and time can be automatically put into the cells. for example if I was to type something in columns C or D , the time and date will fill in A & B. current time and date Thanks in advanced Hi one way would require VBA. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany No wrote: > I have a very basic worksheet which has 4 columns > > A, Date > B. Time > C. what I eat > D. my blood sugar > &g...

Money2004 can't setup online service with American Express or TruWest CU
I'm trying to setup the online service with American Express and it gives an identification code and routing number, yet there doesn't seem to be a place to put this into Money. Am I missing something? Also, I have an account with what once was known as Motorola Employees Credit Union (which is listed in the online financial institutions) but they changed their name to TruWest Credit Union a long time ago. Now the online setup goes to the wrong url. Any way to change this? thanks! Jim See below -- Joe Norton "Jim" <dorjejim@yahoo.com> wrote in message news...

How can I know if a CControlBar is done loading completely?
Hi All, How would I know my CControlBar derived toolbar is done loading completely? I need this info as I need to enable some buttons only after this toolbar is done loading completely. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks is advance. Why don't you use the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI mechanism that MFC provides? "curious" <rajayyala@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191695105.946384.105880@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > How would I know my CControlBar derived toolbar is done loading > completely? I need this info as I need to enable some buttons...

Change all data markers (excel chart) to triangles in one command
There must be some command which tells a new chart to randomize colors and symbols- this can look junky. I would llike to find a way to change all symbols simultaneouly to various shapes until I find what makes the chart most read-able. thankyou It's not a single command. You need to loop through the series in a chart and apply colors and symbols as you see fit. This procedure cycles among the marker shapes in a line or XY chart: Sub RotateMarkers() Dim srs As Series Dim NewMarker As Long Select Case ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).MarkerStyle Case xlMarkerStyleCircle ...

Can this size limit message be changed: Your mailbox is over its size limit
Is there any way to change this message? If so, how? We have Exchange 5.5 and 2003 ------------------------------------------ From: System Administrator Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:00 PM To: <<UserName>> Subject: Your mailbox is over its size limit Importance: High Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. Your mailbox size is 200000 KB. Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 260000 KB. You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size. To make more space available, ...

formula/function to change a number formatted as text to being an actual number
Is it possible to change a text string that represents a number i.e. "18" to the it's numeric equivalent i.e the number 18, as part of a function or formula? Joe Use VALUE(A2) to get a number from text. Or you could just use =A2*1 Andy. "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA77566A-D591-4135-8749-C8122B160969@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change a text string that represents a number i.e. "18" to the it's numeric equivalent i.e the number 18, as part of a function or formula? Joe, If you need to do this t...

trying to programmatically change chart data range with vb.net
I'm trying to adjust the data range for a chart, based on how many rows of data have been imported in. The data range will be in the same worksheet as the chart. rowEnrolling and rowCnt are integers, but using integers to concat to a string has been working so far. Here's my line of code: ws.ChartObjects(1).chart.seriescollection(1).values = ws.Range("f" & rowEnrolling & ":f" & rowCnt - 1) and I get a "data type mismatch", I'm assuming that the seriescollection(1).values is not matching the ws.range Any pointers on this? Well, r...

How do I change the order of the line versus the marker for a scat
I have a scatter plot with thousands of points (markers only, no line), and am plotting a second series as a line with only a few hundred points over the same range of x-values (line only, no markers). I want the line to appear in front, but Excel 2007 keeps putting the marker symbols in front, which completely obscures the line. I have tried changing the series order, but it makes no difference. In the Chart Tools - Format - Arrange toolbar, there are "Bring to Front" and "Send to back" buttons, but they are greyed out. Suggestions? I presume you mean you're...

Euro Support
Is it possible to update the Countries that are members of the eurozone? I am trying to add investments in Maltese Market and I cannot enable the Euro. Thanks. ...

How do I view option's symbol?
After an option has been sold, it no longer list in the portfiolio, which has a symbol column. The transaction still appears in the Investment Transactions part of your investment account. But the symbol is no where to be found. Money will only list options with future expiration dates, not past. The symbol is somewhere since I entered it in. Is there a way to find the associated symbol? On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:49:09 -0700 (PDT), brett <account@cygen.com> wrote: >After an option has been sold, it no longer list in the portfiolio, >which has a symbol column. The transactio...

word page view: can't resize window + blank at bottom
I fairly often get glitches when viewing Word doc's in page view mode. What is most irritating is that I am not allowed to resize the window; plus, there is a little blank rectangle at bottom that takes up ~1/5 of the page. When this happens, pagination is not shown at bottom as well. Any recommendations on whether I should e.g. trash certain files and retry? (I trashed prefs, to little avail.) It also seems to be related to specific doc's emailed to me, generally from Windows machines, but not exclusively so. Thanks, Jim P. Really, haven't a clue. This sounds very unfamili...

can't open up the link in an email
Outlook 2003 Pro on WinXP . Several weeks ago started generating following msg when try to follow ANY link in an email. "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please call your network admin"..Our NETWORK ADMIN can't solve this problem. Your help would be much appreciated. Regards, M.H IE Tools->options->Programs Tab->Reset Web Settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After fur...

Import and change tag data of hyperlinked files
Is it possible to import and change file tag data of files that are hyperlinked in an excel speadsheet? (Why do I want this? I am trying to set up a document management system, using Excel, that helps me to conform to requirements of the ISO9001 standard for quality management sytems) ...

Merge Documents fails to recognize column width changes?
I have identical two copies of a shared workbook. A.xls and B.xls On A.xls, I then change a column width, save A.xls and close A.xls. On B, I then "Compare and merge documents" with A.xls The column width change doesn't get updated in B. Is this an Excel problem? Are there other changes that don't get updated when comparing and merging documents? Thanks, Jim Hi AFAIK merging documents just merges the values (and not the formats) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany james s shoenfelt wrote: > I have identical two copies of a shared workbook. A.xls and B.xl...

Can I use Sort to alphabetize & leave blank row bet. rows (2003)
I am constantly adding names & phones #'s, etc. to a data sheet I have so I need to re-alphabetize each time I add one. I had a space between each row, but when I hit the Sort button, it lumps all the spaces together! Help, please! Sandy *Hidden* rows don't sort. Select your datalist and hit <F5>, Click on "Special", and click on "Blanks", then <OK>. From the "Menu Bar", <Format> <Row> <Hide> Select the visible cells of the datalist, and sort as desired. Then, again from the "Menu Bar", <Format> &...

Change an inventory items class
Once an inventory item is created can we change it from one item class to another? It doesn't seem to allow us to do that right now. Any insights? Hello Kevin, Do you get any errors? you should be able to rolldown changes to the item when upon changing the class id -timber On Oct 17, 9:20 pm, Kevin (Cincinnati) <Kevin (Cincinnati)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Once an inventory item is created can we change it from one item class to > another? It doesn't seem to allow us to do that right now. > > Any insights? We aren't trying to change the the s...

Variable size form for changes between laptop screens
Hi, I have developed alot of forms in my databse to perfectly fit the screen when I open them as maximized. Now I have 2 users that are going to move to widescreen laptops. That pushes the form to the left and it leaves the screen looking really funny. Is there a way to detect the width of the users screen and then use code to resize the form to fill the screen appropriately? I can see that once I detect the width, I would have to use a move command on every field on the screen. Is there a quick way to do that instead of having to specify every field individually? Thanks, Beth You ...

Trying to define a changing range for chart
Hello, I'm currently working on a MS Excel worksheet where I constantly have data entered in. Now, I want to keep all of the data, but only want to graph the last 10 values. I tried programming this, but from what I understand I'll have to create the graph every time, which is not feasible. Is it possible to get excel to do this for me and how? I have almost no understanding of VBA if this is the course to take. Thanks in advance, RC No need for VBA, just worksheet formulas and dynamic defined names. It's similar to this example: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dyna...

how to change the raw height automatically based on the content si
Sme times you need to type text in excel cell and you want the cell height to move down automatically down. Is that possible? Format > Line > auto-fit and maybe in Format > Cell choose to align with an auto wrap ...

Can't email links
Hey Group Customer has a problem: Windows XP Outlook 2002 10.3513-3501 SP-1 couldn't tell if Internet Mode or Corporate - it wasn't where I thought it would be (Help>About) He's on a web page and tries to send the link, Outlook message window opens, but says "This message has not been sent. Outlook blocked access to the potentially unsage attachment" then the url of the website We've checked all the security settings we can find, but still no joy. Can anyone help? James Dallas ...

Tracking down mouse pointer change on idle
I have a complex application written in C++ that when I stop moving the mouse it occasionally changes the mouse pointer to a previously used pointer state. Is there a way to track down why the mouse pointer is changing when the mouse is idle? I have tried using spy++ on my application, monitoring the main windows for all wm_setcuror messages, but when I stop the moving the mouse, the pointer changes and I get no wm_setcursor message. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. You need to handle such changes on OnSetCursor. joe On 10 Jan 2006 14:33:36 -0800, "bluefi...

Changing Domain name on AD and Exchange 2003
Hi My company has been bought out and we have to change the domain name eg mydomain.com to newdomain.com. How will I go about this without users losing email or having major down time? Just to add, we have 2 DC's both are Windows 2003. We have a FE and BE Exchange 2003 servers with Windows 2003 Enterprise edition. We also have a DMZ with 2 DC's with Windows 2000. These synchronise with a Windows 2000 DC in another country. Would I need to reinstall AD and Exchange or is there an easier method? This is the steps i was planning on taking: 1. Install spare Server as DC with new ...

Bank transaction can't be split properly
A mortgage payment is downloaded from the bank into Money 2004 Deluxe as one transaction. When I try to split it into the principle and interest the loan account is not showing up on the list of accounts so I can't assign part of the payment to the loan. Are you trying to assign the "part of the payment to the loan" using the special category Loan Payment:[name of loan acct]??? "Dave Hollinbeck" <davidhol@surewest.net> wrote in message news:028301c3d3b9$7db96b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > A mortgage payment is downloaded from the bank into Money > 2004 Delu...