Highlighted cell

I have a highlighted cell that gets bigger and smaller as I move the mouse
and I can't get rid of it.  It has the flashing edges like I copied it.
What's going on?  Thank you!
0
Reen1176 (5)

Sounds like you're accidentally in extended mode (but there's no flashing
edges)
Hit F8 to toggle it off
--
Max
Singapore
"Reen" wrote:
> I have a highlighted cell that gets bigger and smaller as I move the mouse
> and I can't get rid of it.  It has the flashing edges like I copied it.
> What's going on?  Thank you!
0
demechanik (4694)

linking cells when it is autofiltered
hi guys i have 500 user details. i used autofilter for this. i have created another worksheet which is blank. what i want to do is copy the filtered user details to other (new blank) worksheet. and when i change the autofilter to other user data that has been tranfered to new worksheet should change as well. i want to do this because i am using mail-merge. and i want to show only the filtered data in word but it shows all the learners not just the filtered one. this is why i want to create new worksheet so i can use new worksheet as a source to mailmerge document and when autofiltered chan...

How to test an adjacent cell for blank in conditional formatting
I want to test to see if an adjacent cell is blank or not to change the formatting of the cell in question. I would guess it might involve the Offset property. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! In code? dim myCell as range set mycell = activesheet.range("b99") if isempty(mycell.offset(0,1).value) then msgbox "the cell to the right is empty--no formula, no nothing!" end if If you want to check to see if it contains a formula that evaluates to "" or is empty: if mycell.offset(0,1).value = "" then davegb wrote: > > I want to test to...

Zeros displaying in cell when using = sign
I was moving along very well gathering information form several other worksheets in my workbook by using the = sign to display text from the worksheets into a summary worksheet. All of a sudden I was see zeros (0) instead of the text I anticipated seeing. My cells are formatted the same (General), can someone possibly assist me on this? =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1) -- David Biddulph "watermt" <watermt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DD9A52-C4A3-4872-BC01-1FBD03C6C427@microsoft.com... > I was moving along very w...

Track changes to cell formats
Is there any way (or workaround) to track changes made to cell formats, such as number of decimals displayed, bolding, etc. I really need to know which formats have been changed. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Trish I think I'd use another worksheet that was formatted exactly the way I wanted it. (maybe hide that sheet). Then I could compare that base sheet's format with the other sheet's current format. Trish wrote: > > Is there any way (or workaround) to track changes made to > cell formats, such as number of decimals displayed, > ...

import excell cells for distribution list
import excell cells for distribution list for outlook "Bob Black" <Bob Black@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48BEBF9F-EB20-4856-B294-48F389609CA4@microsoft.com... > import excell cells for distribution list for outlook So your QUESTION is? Why? An Excel spreadsheet is a good data source for mail merge, which works better than a DL in most applications. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 &...

Formatting Cells #3
I am looking to format a cell for time. Not time of day but a duration. Example, I ran the race in 9 minutes 36 seconds. Put the 00:09:30 in a cell then use the minute & second function in the two cells next to it refering to that time. I hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >I am looking to format a cell for time. Not time of day >but a duration. Example, I ran the race in 9 minutes 36 >seconds. >. > ...

How to autofill cell with today's date on edit
Hi, Tring to setup a cell to update with today's date when every I edit any of the other cells on that row. Anybody know an easy way to do this? Thanks See this: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "mjg916" <mjg916@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3FFB1D4-50E2-4856-9C03-51D024CEEA74@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Tring to setup a cell to update with today's date when every I edit any of > the other cells on that row. Anybody know an easy way to do this? > > Thanks ...

need help using a checkbox to determine if a cell gets summed
need help using a checkbox to determine if a cell gets summed. i have designed a worksheet with items in one column, and how much the item is in another column. what i want to do is to check a box next to an item and have the cost of that item added to the other items that are checked. if the item is unchecked, then resum the items that are checked. i would also like to add an additional check box that will automatically check or uncheck all of the other checkboxes. any help will be appreciated. I put my items in B2:B20 and the costs in c2:c20. Then I ran this macro to add the che...

view cell contents
When i used to want to view the formula in any given cell it used to appear at the top of the page below the toolbars how do i restore this function? TIA Click View > Formula Bar (to toggle back) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Pat Watson" <patsywatson@baesystems.com> wrote in message news:43a7bfa3$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > When i used to want to view the formula in any given cell it used to appear > at the top of the page below the toolbars how do i restore this function? > > TIA > > ...

what is used for cell entries that are considered subsections of .
What is used for cell entries that are considered subsection of the work sheet, Justifying, Indenting, reformatting, or leading? Tell your examiner to re-state the question with more detail or clarity(probably both). Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:23:04 -0800, dovie1957 <dovie1957@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is used for cell entries that are considered subsection of the work >sheet, Justifying, Indenting, reformatting, or leading? i agree with Gord normally i won't "do" homework but faced with this question my guess would be "...

Highlighting commented text in document body
I am running Office 2004 11.1.0 In Office X, text with comments would show up with a pale highlight. However with Office 2004, the text with comments only show up with tiny square brackets: This is the document body, [this is commented text in the doc]. The problem is that when I view a page in Normal view (where balloons do not show), it is all but impossible to see which text has comments. I can open the reviewing pane but this takes up valuable window real estate. It seems counterintuitive that there are configurables for showing inserted and deleted text, but none that enable comme...

Excell -Row or Cell shifting down automatically!
Does anybody know if it is possible to have an existing Row or Cell move down one Row or Cell automaticaly if new data is being added to that Row? hi AFAIK no build-in function is available for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "satellite" <satellite@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6CC6146C-5FE1-4113-911E-ED78D4D85C94@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know if it is possible to have an existing Row or Cell move down > one Row or Cell automaticaly if new data is being added to that Row? ...

Blank Cell Validation
If I have an array of data in cells A1:A10 where some are blank, say th data is a,b,c,d,e,f with the rest of the cells blank. Say I place validation on cell A11 using a list of A1:A10 and select ignore blanks why is it that when I then add a letter, say h to one of the empty cell the validation no longer ignores the blanks? It also happens when clear one of the existing cells? Can I stop this from happening? I want to be able to add and remove data from a list while having validation on but ignore the blanks. Any help would be appreciated Thank -- Nado Selecting Ignore blanks doesn'...

Don't print a particular text cell
Hello, I have a cell that contain a text field that says " Input - Manual" . What I want is when I print I don't want to show this cell, only the other contents in the worksheet. Is this possible. Thank you in advance. Ron de Bruin shares a way: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide CAM wrote: > > Hello, > > I have a cell that contain a text field that says " Input - Manual" . What > I want is when I print I don't want to show this cell, only the other > contents in the worksheet. Is this possible. Thank you in advance. -- Da...

Toolbar Highlights?
Hello, I just upgraded my copy of Office '97 to Office 2003 and have figured out everything I need to know with the following 2 exceptions: 1. I have a macro that I've written to open my "Personal.xls" spreadsheet, I've included this in the toolbar, complete with its own icon. For some reason, this toolbar item is always highlighted, whether or not that particular spreadsheet it open. Right next to this toolbar item is a duplicate item with the exception that it will open my "Business.xls" sheet, but this is NEVER highlighted! Why is this? 2. There are oth...

Inserting cells
How do I insert a block of cells so they are automatically shifted down (i.e., not shifted right)? ...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

entering time into a cell
Hi All i have a friend who says that she used to have a workbook where she would type 8.3 into a cell and it would automatically change to 8:30 etc .. .after her system was upgraded (don't know the specifics) this no longer works ... any ideas? Cheers JulieD Hi maybe she had applied a custom format such as hh.mm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eZntRPshEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > i have a friend who says that she used to have a workbook where she would > type 8...

When a cell is merely selected, executed an evaluation?
My goal is to set up a situation so that with a cell is merely touched/selected; it adds some values for reconciliation. My example has many complex calculations that range over rows 10-19. The cell I want to have selected in at Q10. However, I want to replicate rows 10-19 many times (20-29, 30-39, etc…) I first though using a checkbox at Q10 would be the best solution. A simplified example of the code looked like this: =IF(Q10,B18=E18) and when the checkbox was selected then Q10 evaluated TRUE. But when I replicate the rows, the checkbook does not replicate correctly. It copies the c...

Cannot view cells that contain 3 or more digit numbers
Every time I try to copy and paste data that contains 3-digit numbers o more, I cannot view the numbers on the spreadsheet. However, If I try to type in 3-digit numbers and one letter in tha cell, I can view it. How do I eliminate this feature, so that I can view numbers-only dat in cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what do you mean with 'cannot view'. How are these pasted numbers displayed (please give an example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jon Purgason >" <<Jon.Purgason.14dzf0@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im ...

is there a comand to return the mane of a worksheet inside a cell
Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi Fabian Try this, =MID(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename"))-FIND("[",CELL("filename"))-1) This one will give you the full path: =CELL("filename") HTH John "Fabian" <Fabian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:140C847D-2C3A-49F6-9C60-9515B426AD5E@microsoft.com... > Trying to find a command that returns a worksheet name inside a cell Hi, =MID(CELL("filename...

wired cell behaviour
whenever I type "cna" into any cells is converted to "can" ...

Pasting text into merged cell
I regularly complete forms created by others which have merged cells. Often, I'd like to get data to put into a cell from another application via copy-paste. I get the error: Data on the Clipboard is not the same size and shape as the selected area. Do you want to paste the data anyway? responding with OK gives: Cannot change part of a merged cell. How can I paste text into merged cells? TIA, George You have run afoul of the "merged cells" denizen. The merge cells feature of Excel comes with a lot of baggage, all of it bad. Your problem is just one example of it. The ...

pasting exact cell references
Whenever I cut and paste a cell reference, the pasted value always gets adjusted relative to the location of the original cell to its reference. For example, say cell A1 refers to cell B1. If I copy and paste A1's contents into A2, A2 will refer to B2, not B1. Usually this is a handy feature, but is there a quick way to paste exact cell refernces? ( so that A2 shows B1's contents )? Thanks, Isaac You can copy from the formula bar or if you have a rather large range of cells you can turn the formula to strings and then back, one way select the range do edit>replace and in find...

Dragging a Cell Changes Formula
I am creating a spreadsheet which will be protected with a table of cells unlocked for the user to fill in. There are formulas which reference the unlocked cells. Is there anyway to prevent these formulas from changing if the user drags (or cut-and-pastes) the unlocked cell (ie, if they type data in the wrong cell and then drag that data to the correct cell, any formula reference these two cells gets modified)? Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Janet, Make the formulas "absolute" =A1 will adjust when it's moved or dragged anywhere. =$A1 will "...