Highlight the entire row or particular cell using conditional formatting

I want highlight the entire row or particular cell.
I have columns called permit no., description, requester, dat
requested validity, approved and permit opened. . I want highlight th
entire row or particular cell if the permit is not opened 7 days fro
the date of approval. Is it also possible to highlight with flashin
text.

A sample excel file is attached
Thank

|Filename: Condn. Fromat.zip
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5244

vsr_km
vsr_kmb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3283
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57350

vsr_kmb wrote:
> I want highlight the entire row or particular cell.
> I have columns called permit no., description, requester, date
> requested validity, approved and permit opened. . I want highlight the
> entire row or particular cell if the permit is not opened 7 days from
> the date of approval. Is it also possible to highlight with flashing
> text.
>
> A sample excel file is attached
> Thanks

>> Filename: Condn. Fromat.zip                                        |
>> Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5244     |

Just select the row (from your example file, select A4:H4) then from menu
Format Conditional formatting, "Formula is" and type this formula:

=($H4>($G4+7))

then from Format choose how to highlight the row then click OK twice.

The above formula is to highlight the row if the date "Opened" is seven days
greater than date "Approved"; if you want consider the case greater or
equal, you have to change the formula in this way:

=($H4>=($G4+7))

--
(I'm not sure of  names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

0
fra68ve (124)

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Use exchange from a trusted domain