hide show question

I have names in col A that go from row 1 to row 1000
I then place data(numbers) in col B that corresponds with the name in col A.
Once done I  show ONLY the rows that have new data(filter)and use the SPEAK
function to read the data back to me.
Here is the tough part. On subsequent weeks I enter data in col B again and
I want to be able to apply the SPEAK function BUT ONLY to the LAST set of
inputted data.
aDoes anyone have a good way to implement htis
Thanks
0
pcor (148)

Hi,

It sounds like you need to add a date column to your data so you can filter
on that.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"pcor" wrote:

> I have names in col A that go from row 1 to row 1000
> I then place data(numbers) in col B that corresponds with the name in col A.
> Once done I  show ONLY the rows that have new data(filter)and use the SPEAK
> function to read the data back to me.
> Here is the tough part. On subsequent weeks I enter data in col B again and
> I want to be able to apply the SPEAK function BUT ONLY to the LAST set of
> inputted data.
> aDoes anyone have a good way to implement htis
> Thanks
View>toolbars>formula bar

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have names in col A that go from row 1 to row 1000
> I then place data(numbers) in col B that corresponds with the name in col
> A.
> Once done I  show ONLY the rows that have new data(filter)and use the
> SPEAK
> function to read the data back to me.
> Here is the tough part. On subsequent weeks I enter data in col B again
> and
> I want to be able to apply the SPEAK function BUT ONLY to the LAST set of
> inputted data.
> aDoes anyone have a good way to implement htis
> Thanks

0
dguillett1 (2487)
6/28/2009 9:31:57 PM

I answered the wrong post
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> View>toolbars>formula bar
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have names in col A that go from row 1 to row 1000
>> I then place data(numbers) in col B that corresponds with the name in col
>> A.
>> Once done I  show ONLY the rows that have new data(filter)and use the
>> SPEAK
>> function to read the data back to me.
>> Here is the tough part. On subsequent weeks I enter data in col B again
>> and
>> I want to be able to apply the SPEAK function BUT ONLY to the LAST set of
>> inputted data.
>> aDoes anyone have a good way to implement htis
>> Thanks

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Question to Microsoft
Hi, I am really fedup with this news group if no one reply what is the use of this site. I have a suggestion why dont you show reply send with the question. Thanks ...

OL2002 graphics don't show in message.
I have sent messages with graphics from OL2002 to other PCs with OL2002 and the results are not always the same. Most receive the message with the graphic shown in the body of the message and no attachments - all is OK But some are receiving the e-mail with no graphic in the message, but the graphics arrives as an attachment. What do I do to these PCs to make sure that graphic is show properly in the body of the message? Thanks. /Howard ...

Hide rows function
I have a spreadsheet with a lot of formatting that I want to hide rows if the value is blank in certain sections. I can not us a filter on the worksheet because there is a lot of formatting that I do not want to lose. If I filter out the blanks all my formatting is lost. Is there a function that I can apply to ranges of rows in a spreadsheet to hide if a value comes up blank? There are approximately 12 different ranges that I want to run this function and the filter fuction only lets me filter 1 section in a spreadsheet. Any suggestions? Place the cursor in the column whic...

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

Stationery created in outlook looks great, outlook express shows it as plain text tho?
I just created some stationery in Outlook 2003 using dreamweaver. I placed the html file along with a single graphic into the stationery folder and made sure there were no absoulte path references in the HTML code. In Outlook I could then select the stationery and it looks perfect. Test emails sent to myself appear perfect in outlook. I sent a test email via Outlook 2003 and received the email in Outlook Express but it displays it as plain text??? in outlook express I selected the same stationery as outlook and sent a test email to myself which looked fine in outlook express and outlo...

Excel 97 Hyperlink click hides sheet?
Haven't seen this happen before, but am using a sheet (put together with a copy paste from a web page) with multiple hyperlinks on it. When I click on a link, IE starts up dutifully and the proper page is displayed. When I select Excel again, the worksheet is hidden and I have to click around to display it again. Can't find anything in the help file that describes a way to turn this behavior on or off. I'd like the worksheet to still be visible when I come back. Any ideas? thanks in advance. Tom Try this: make an insignificant change to the worksheet. Undo it. (Now exce...

How to show numbers on y-axis and percentages on data labels?
I have a two data series to place on a chart (chart type = stacked column). I would like to have the y-axis show the numbers and the data labels show the percentage of total for that particular data point. For instance: x-axis Pass Fail PDL FDL point1 7 5 58% 42% point2 1 6 14% 86% point3 8 8 50% 50% point4 15 4 79% 21% The y-axis would show values 1-15 (say) and the height of series "pass", point1 would be 7. The data label for this point on this series would be "58%". Any suggestions on how to do this without manually editing each data label? (replying ...

Countif question #4
How do I use COUNTIF if I want the criteria to be greater than the value in cell B1? Thanks in advance. Barb Reinhardt One way: =COUNTIF(rng, ">B1") In article <O4wGKFFdFHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Barb Reinhardt" <reply@tonewsgroup.com> wrote: > How do I use COUNTIF if I want the criteria to be greater than the value in > cell B1? JE means =COUNTIF(rng,">"&B1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgi...

Money 2004 shows transactions to review for an online linked account, but none shown
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42523.0CE258A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Usually, when Money downloads transactions, they appear in my register = as transactions I need to accept. However today, none of them are = showing up and I can't figure why. I have double checked the options to = make sure they are not automatically reconciled. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42523.0CE258A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

formula question, parentheses (sorta newbie)
I've used Lotus 1-2-3 and Quattro Pro for years, and I'm somewhat new to Excel. I'm using "Microsoft Excel for Windows 95 / Version 7.0". When I enter a formula and the cursor is anywhere near the parentheses they switch to bold and the cursor disappears for a couple seconds. I find this *really* annoying and was wondering if anyone knows how to disable this "feature". -- It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. -Alistair B. Fraser Actually, it is highlighting what appears to be the ma...

Question about styles and defaults
I am very new to Word 2007 but very familiar with W 2002. I have a Word 2002 document that I opened in Word 2007. I also started a new document in Word 2007 and would like to use the same fonts, heading styles, etc. How do I transfer these settings to the new document in Word 2007 (which presently has weird default fonts like "Calibri" and no default Heading 3, etc.). I prefer the settings I am used to in Word 2002 and would like to transfer them to Word 2007. Thank you, Jeff If you are saying that you want to use the factory defaults of Word 2002 (and 2003)?...

Question about Cell Borders
I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color, such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button. Thanks Kevin I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the border style, thickness and color that you want. In article <C4FC8DC5-C...

getting returns / credits to show up in reports & Insights correct
I am curious how to get the following to handle as I would expect. If I purchase something and record it as an expense in an expense category, things of course work as expected with reports and the "Insight" thing where you can see your progress against budget categories. (i.e. I buy $40 of stuff at Home Depot and record in the Home Improvement category). However, if I return $20 of that stuff, and record a credit against the Home Improvement category, these do not get included in the reports or the "Insights" graphs. Am I missing turing on some setting, or I am re...

CRM Contact Notes And Activities Report Question.........
I need to generate a Report on Daily basis for Contacts. I want to see daily activities and notes at the end of day. i want to see it with user name. Currently Filter is applied on Contact or Activity. But If user has entered a notes whole day and he didnot enter any activity then That record will not appear. any help what i can do to get my desired report. Regards, BizWorld Hi, You should use LEFT OUTER JOIN instead of INNER JOIN to obtain your data. (Inner join restricts the data to only those in both tables, while a left join from Contact to Notes and Contact to Activity will ...

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

How to now hide highlights after performing grammar check?
Will someone kindly let me know how to "hide" the highlighted (underlined) areas on a Word 97 doc (resume) after performing a grammar/spell check? When forwarded via email, it appears when the document/resume is opened by the receipiant the highlighted "mistakes" are still highlighted. As a side-note, does it matter the final doc is saved and says "compatibality mode"? THANK YOU! The underlines the recipient sees are coming from the spelling and grammar check in their copy of Word, not yours. It would be far better to save the resume as a PDF ...

Voting Buttons Not Showing
Using Outlook 2003, I've created and published a customer satisfaction form. The form contains Voting Buttons I want users to be able to open the form and respond by clicking on the appropriate button. Replies are sent to a designated mailbox. I have one problem: the voting buttons don't appear, when the form is opened from the published location.(i.e. Organisational Forms Library or Personal Forms library) Interestingly, if users open the form and send it to themselves, then the voting buttons do appear? What am I doing wrong please? I'd like to be able to see ...

Reporting services not showing all
I installed CRM 3.0 on 2 diffenrent SBS 2003 premium servers and on each one of them there seems to be a problem with the reports. When showing they many times show no data or seems to sub reports I can click and then they show some information. Some of the graphics aren't ok either. Anyone experienced anything like this. And to say I had a lot of trouble with sp1 to sbs, had to add new spn to get crm 1.2 working so that I could upgrade to CRM 3.0. Anyone ? Jack ...

How to show subForm as "Continious" ?
I have a sub form with several fields do not wan't to show in "data sheet view" Do want to show in normal "form view" But when I set the subForm properties to "Continious" I still only see one instance of the sub form. I want to be able to scroll (using scroller on the left) up and down and see all the subForms related to the main record. Thanks for any help. Mel Your form size may be too large to show multiple rows. Open the subform in design view and make sure that the detail section is only one control deep. <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote in...

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

How to get notice when CDialog is showed?
Hi, I need to do something as soon as the dialog is showed. I added the codes in OnInitDialog(), then I found the dialog hasn't been showed by then. I have to add m_nTimerID = SetTimer(1, 25, 0); in the OnInitDialog() and add my codes in OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent), but I found that the dialog is showed faster or slower sometimes. Anyone can tell me the right way to do it? Thank you a lot Either use PostMessage at the end of OnInitDialog and create a handler for the message or call the base class implementation of OnInitDialog and then do your stuff. This last thing may or may not work...

Windows PowerShell Time out question
Wondering if there's a way to limit how long PowerShell will try to get the following information out of a servers WMI. Here's what I've got currently, it works fine so long the servers respond... $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a.visible = $True $b = $a.Workbooks.Add() $c = $b.Worksheets.Item(1) $c.Cells.Item(1,1) = "Domain" $c.Cells.Item(1,2) = "Server Name" $c.Cells.Item(1,3) = "Operating System" $c.Cells.Item(1,4) = "IP Address" $c.Cells.Item(1,5) = "Service Packs" $c.Cells.Item(1,6) = "Sys...

CTreeCtrl hide horizontal scrolling and keep it scrolled all the time
Hi there. I'm using a CTreeCtrl to keep a records. The design is like this [ ] Company [o] Number1 [o] Number2 [ ] Contact [o] Number1 [o] Number2 where empty [ ] are empty invisible images and [o] are images associated with types of numbers. The size of my Tree control is limited, so I would like to keep it scrolled it a little bit all the time. So empty images of root items will be invisible (out of scope). Also I would like to hide horizontal scrollbar, but keep vertical scrollbar. As I found it is possible only hide scrolling at all. In fack the point of all this is...

hiding data
I have a source list for a data validation which I want to be useable for the validation but invisible to the user. IS there a way of hiding a selection of cells rather than hiding entire columns or rows? Thanks, Danny Don't think there's a way of hiding a selection of cells rather than hiding entire columns or rows. But you can try putting all the source lists on a separate sheet* And use named ranges for these lists (for the Data Validation [DVs]) You can then hide the sheet which holds all your source lists for the DV (All source lists will then be invisible to the users...

Basic questions about queue timers
Hello, I need a timer or timers to execute a series of events at specified times, and was wondering if Queue Timers are the way to go. I'm a little confused about the entomology, whether the term "queue timer" refers to the queue in which multiple events are stored, or is a "queue timer" one timer that can be queued. I want to predefine series of events such as this Event 1: occurs after 1 second Event 2: occurs after 2.5 second Event 3: occurs after 2.6 seconds Event 4: occurs after 4 seconds etc If so, I have a few more questions, given the following command: Create...