hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a
number

0
jrod98 (1)

To count number of "x"es

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x")

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a
>number

0
Gord
10/25/2004 10:10:32 PM
Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is?
Sinister Rod Serling music here.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a
> number

0
Don

Prevent clicking on a cell

if cell is text move left one column

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Separating Date and Time in a cell

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Automatic changes in cells

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Auto Delete the e-mail
Hi all We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box, this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed, is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ? Philip In news:uApBq0j8FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Philip Tsang <philip@sib-infotech.com> typed: > Hi all > > We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003...

Sorting Cells by Colors

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...