Help...

I'm looking for something that would help me take a series of data and

--
dziw
dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10422

Excel can do all of this and more. Jon Peltier has good info on charting
      Jon Peltier's Excel Charts

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"dziw" <dziw.27aa9m_1146747303.3069@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I'm looking for something that would help me take a series of data and
>> look at it from a variety of angles.  I want to be able to input a
>> bunch of information: student names, grades, teacher names,
> subjects,
>> etc. Then I'd love to be able to group and graph things a bunch of
>> different ways: average grade by student, average grade by teacher,
>> average grade by subject, etc. I can't figure out how to do this
>> smoothly and quickly in excel, and I'm wondering if there are other
>> programs that would be better.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> --
> dziw
> dziw's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10422
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538841

0
dguillett1 (2487)
5/4/2006 1:48:47 PM
this
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Excel can do all of this and more. Jon Peltier has good info on charting
>      Jon Peltier's Excel Charts
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett1@austin.rr.com
> "dziw" <dziw.27aa9m_1146747303.3069@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
> message news:dziw.27aa9m_1146747303.3069@excelforum-nospam.com...
>>
>> I'm looking for something that would help me take a series of data and
>>> look at it from a variety of angles.  I want to be able to input a
>>> bunch of information: student names, grades, teacher names,
>> subjects,
>>> etc. Then I'd love to be able to group and graph things a bunch of
>>> different ways: average grade by student, average grade by teacher,
>>> average grade by subject, etc. I can't figure out how to do this
>>> smoothly and quickly in excel, and I'm wondering if there are other
>>> programs that would be better.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>

>> --
>> dziw
>> dziw's Profile:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10422
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538841

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Microsoft Office small business2000 Publisher help
why will publisher 2000 work on one identity but not the other?Publisher cannot complete operation? What is the identity doing when this error appears? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "RareWynd" <RareWynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD751534-63BF-4BE8-BA3A-BB43893F4CA0@microsoft.com... > why will publisher 2000 work on one identity but not the other?Publisher > cannot complete operation? ...

Need help on the following output
Hi ! I have an exchange server. Need help on the following sequence of the SMTP log entries:--- In my perl program i am sending mail using the following program use NET::SMTP; $smtp_handle = new NET::SMTP('mail_host'); $smtp_handle->to('sender_mail_id'); $smtp_handle->data(); $smtp_handle->datasend("To:myemail"); $smtp_handle->datasend("Sender:frommymail"); $smtp_handle->datasend("replyto:mymailbox"); $smtp_handle->datasend("From:sender_name"); $smtp_handle->datasend("Subject:mail testing"); $smtp_handle-&g...

Outlook Express--Help. I deleted a User Profile but need the associated Outlook
Oops! I am running on Windows 2000 and I deleted a User Profile but now I need the associated Outlook Express folders for the deleted user. I can locate the .dbx files for each folder but I don't know what to do from there. Is there a way to open them in my current identity? I hope so!!! Thank you for any help! By the way, I'd like to accomplish the same thing with Outlook if possible. Kelsey Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet ...

Help with copy and paste.
I have a spreadsheet which has an area for data, and then a summar table with conditonal formatting which changes the colour of the cell depending on the value. I would like to copy and paste this summary table into a ne spreadsheet and preserve all the colour changes. How can I do thi without copying all the data with it. I have tried but find that only the text and formats can be copied an I have to manually change the colours again. Any help would be appreciated -- Vipulparba ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Vipulparbat's Profile: http://ww...

HELP PLEASE #11
The values in Column G are minutes so I may need to also know how to convert hours to total minutes to make the formulas work. "Keith" wrote: > In Excel 2002 I have the following table; > Column G Column H > Row 33 30 $1.05 > Row 34 45 $1.00 > Row 35 60 $0.95 > Row 36 90 $0.85 > Row 37 120 $0.79 > > What I want to do with this is if the value in I5 is 1-30 I want the value > from H33 put in J5, if the ...

Window Splitter Help Needed
Heya to all, i've basically a problem ;) i've a set of almost dynamic splitters, and i use the function wich ms gives (in one of their example) ReplaceView to replaces the views.. but when i try to replace a view with another splitter (so splitter -> splitter -> views) it assert (in debug and crashes in release) in winsplit.cpp. any idea how can i solve this ? Thanks Daniele "dylan" Zannotti ...

3-D refrence made easy? Please help me out!
Hello, Currently I am working on a project that shows the -/+ of parts made by certain departments in our facility. For example Department's "A" target was 10 and they only made 5 so they would be -5. This is done for 6 departments and is recorded on 31 diffrent tabs (for every day of the month) on the same worksheet. My question is that I would like to use a 3-D reference showing the running total of -/+ actual achievements. Is there a easier way of than typing in the formula for all 31 tabs? Typing in that tab 2 looks at tab's 1's data and tab 3 looks at 2...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help with Alpha into Numeric expressions (not ASCII/ANSI/Etc.
Hola everyone, I am trying to convert Alpha into a Numeric response so that depending on what Letter is typed in one field, a Numeric response is returned in another. ex: if A1 = A or B then A3 = 1 if A1 = C or D or E then A3 = 2 if A1 = F or G then A3 = 3 if A1 = H or I or J then A3 = 4 if A1 = K or L then A3 = 5 if A1 = M or N or O then A3 = 6 if A1 = P or Q then A3 = 7 if A1 = R or S or T then A3 = 8 if A1 = U or V then A3 = 9 if A1 = W or X or Y or Z then A3 = 0 (basically a modified telephone keypad) Thanks for any help I would use Vlookup for this. Create a tabl...

Help with Query 07-12-10
Hi I need help building a query. Hi have this table: Cunter day 09-07-2010 Reg_Numb DateTime value 1 09-07-2010 09:00 5000 2 09-07-2010 10:00 5010 3 09-07-2010 11:00 5050 4 09-07-2010 12:00 5100 5 09-07-2010 13:00 5150 6 09-07-2010 14:00 5200 7 09-07-2010 15:00 5230 8 09-07-2010 16:00 5300 9 09-07-2010 17:00 5305 10 09-07-2010 18:00 5400 Sometimes there are multiple records with the same time but with different minutes. I want this table as a result hours result 09 10 10 40 11 50 12 50 12 50 1...

Help to understand "IF" code
Hello all, This is the first time in here. I have a question about a line of cod which has today() and weekday() in it. Can someone explain this for m so that I may understand it better? The person who did it can' explain it so hopefully you can. Thanks in advance. =IF(E8="HO","HO",IF(E5=12,"X",IF((TODAY()+1)>E6,IF((WEEKDAY(E6,2)>5),"",IF(E8="OT","OT",IF(E9="FH",8,IF(E5=11,8,9)))),""))) J -- nascarj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nascarjc's Profile: htt...

Workflow not running properly...please help!
Hi, I am running a workflow rule (WF1) that states this: if Account.CustomerCodeType = Prospect (this is default picklist value) then update Account.CustomerCodeType = Customer end if When I run this rule on Case.Create or on Account.Create (or even manually as a manual rule or create rule), if the Account.CustomerType = Prospect the rule does not run. I look into Workflow Monitor and it shows the rule, but the log shows empty. BUT!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WEIRD PART: If I run a rule (WF2) that says: Update Account.CustomerCodeType = Customer This works fine. Then I can succces...

Urgent! Help needed for Excel
Hi all, I need your help. I have an Excel sheet, where we used a 3rd party API and called a function. So each cell has a function call to retrieve some data from some database. We have successfully collected data from the database. And we now no longer have access to the computer which is equipped with the API and database, due to expiration of trial period. And after we collected data, and back at home, we opened the Excel sheet on a computer that does not have API installed and does not have access to the database, only to find "#NAME?" displayed in all the cells. Basically, be...

Excel 2003 No Context Help
I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 which now shows Green Tabs in a number of cells, indicating errors in those cells. When I click on "Help with this error" a new window pane opens down the right hand side but nothing shows, (total blank). Has anyone any idea how to cure this or what's wrong? I am running with Office SP2 on Windows XP Home SP2. Excel has been activated. TIA Ed ...

HeLp MeMe (Formula CTRL+SHIFT+TAB)
I need help doing the following: > When i write a formula in a cell that references another > workbook, I type "CTRL+TAB" to leaf through the workbooks > that are open rather than using th mouse. My issue is > that when in formula mode, I can leaf thru workbooks going > forward, but not backwards. Backwards > is "CTRL+SHIFT+TAB"....but it don't work. So try this to understand. Open 2 workbooks. On one workbook in a cell, start a formula by typing "=sum(". Now "CTRL+TAB". It should work... Now do the same "=sum(" ...

Help with sorting data
I have a spreadsheet with 26 columns of info that’s approx. 1000 rows long. I need to sort by column L and then Column I. When done sorting I will have multiple names (different every report) in column L and multiple medical conditions (different every time) in column I. The goal is to keep one row of each name matched with one entry of each medical condition (sorted for that name) and hide all the other rows. Daffy Duck may have 15 entries with a broken elbow and 13 entries with the flu. I only want one row of each condition associated with Daffy Duck to appear (it does...

VBA Access export help
This is the code I am using to export a query from Access. Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Set db = DAO.DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase( _ "C:\database.mdb") Set db = CurrentDb 'This is a crosstab of all units by Unit Type vs. Failure Category Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("qryPA_Cross_1", dbOpenSnapshot) 'Start a new workbook in Excel Dim oApp As Excel.Application Dim oBook As Excel.Workbook Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet Set oApp = New Excel.Application Set oBook = oApp.Workbooks.Add Set oSheet = oBook.Worksheets(1) oApp.Visible = True '...

writing help files for Office 07
Hi everybody, In a Office development project (in my case it's a PP project) we can add supertips to ribbon controls , and it usually shows a line " press F1 for more help". my question is how can we write help files ( something like built in MS help files ) for our projects ? Can someone show me a good refernce or tools that I can use? I know those files must have .chm or .hlp extension , but im not clear about the process. -- Best regards, Edward A first idea : write it in a PPT file (! yes) And link all your presentations to this file if needed "Edward...

HELP! When I delete email it returns as a new item...Outlook 2003
Even if I empty the deleted items folder. Say I receive 27 items and delete them and then empty the deleted items folder. At the next Send/Receive they all come back as new...sometimes multiple copies of each email. It is getting really bad as this has continued for days. My inbox keeps growing and I am losing my mind. Someone PLEASE HELP ME! ...

Help with a Macro!
I am trying to write a Macro that will enter these thing into my text boxes on a form, How do I go about writing it? Thanks for any help.............Bob tbStartDate1 = DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date), 1) tbEndDate1 = DateSerial(Year(Date), Month(Date) + 1, 0) cbDailyCharge1= tblServiceInfo,ServiceID(AutoNumber)2 on the subform: subAdditionChargeChild,AddintionCharge = tblAdditionalCharges,ChargeNumber(AutoNumber)2 subAdditionChargeChild,AddintionCharge = tblAdditionalCharges,ChargeNumber(AutoNumber)5 subAdditionChargeChild,AddintionCharge = tblAdditionalCharges,ChargeNumber(AutoNumbe...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

HELP: Backed up data
I backed up folders and files from my hard drive using Nero 6 but when I come to open the files the data is all messed up and unreadable. Is there any recovery program that can restore these word and excel files back to their original useable/readable condition? Many thanks You most likely have to restore the files using Nero Read it's help file regarding Restoring backed up files "Skint4sure" <skint4sure@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041006171421.25562.00001791@mb-m29.aol.com... : I backed up folders and files from my hard drive using Nero 6 but when I come : to ...

Store Returns? Help!
I'm sure I'm missing something simple here but let's say to do some shopping and use the category "gifts" for that charge. Now, a few days later you return a few of the items that were bought. I originally tried to use the same category "gifts" (even though it's supposed to be income) but I can't seem to decrease that category total for the month. How can you go about applying that return to the category it was originally assigned to when it was charged? You say "can't seem to decrease that category total for the month"--where are...

Help Excluding Records
Can someone help me with a formula? I have it 2/3 working, can't seem to get the last part, can't seem to find info in Help or my 3 books. I'm using a formula that looks at the selection a user makes in a parameter field, PCode, and passes info on to a filter for record selection. The firm has various PCodes. 9999 indicates a non-billable item. 10, 11, 12...100 indicate billable items. I have the logic for selecting just the 9999's, and for selecting everything, but I don't know how to put together the logic for selecting everything except the 9999s. Select {?PCode} ...

vlookup help #5
I need a couple formulas to search a range of sheets on my workbook. The first one needs to be able to seach through a range of sheets (exp. sheet 20 to sheet 27) and find my value then I want it to display the name of the sheet it is on. Second is to seach a range of sheets then display a value of a specific cell on that sheet it is found on. Thank you for the help! jtinne wrote: > I need a couple formulas to search a range of sheets on my workbook. > > The first one needs to be able to seach through a range of sheets (exp. > sheet 20 to sheet 27) and find my value then I...