Help...Forgot my Password

Is there anyway I can find my password on a
spreadsheet
I developed for the family finances.  I'm getting
old and I
can't remember it.  I've tried several that I
usually use
with no luck.  No, I'm not trying to get into
someone else's
file, just don't want to have to rebuild it again.
Thought maybe
it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?
Thanks in advance for the help !

0
nneldred (12)

If you google for "password cracker" you'll find a number of software that
will do just that.  It does demonstrate the futility of password protecting
Excel and Word files.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Bubey" <nneldred@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> Is there anyway I can find my password on a
> spreadsheet
> I developed for the family finances.  I'm getting
> old and I
> can't remember it.  I've tried several that I
> usually use
> with no luck.  No, I'm not trying to get into
> someone else's
> file, just don't want to have to rebuild it again.
> Thought maybe
> it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?
> Thanks in advance for the help !

0
Bill
2/1/2007 3:50:36 PM
Thanks for the info.  I'll keep stored just in
case I need it.
I went back to my 2002 files and found the master
spreadsheet
which luckily wasn't password protected.
Hopefully once my
senior moment is over the password will come back
to me and
I can open those files and re-do the passwords to
the one I'm
using now.

As you say, it is a futility.  I was trying to
help a friend do updates on
her HP laptop with windows XP.  Unfortunately she
didn't have the
key as she got the laptop as partial payment of
unpaid rent from one
of her tenants and they didn't give her the info,
so couldn't do the
update.  I posted and got referred to a file call
Key Finder.  I downloaded
it and tried it on my laptop just to see if it
worked.  It came back with
a different keycode than the one that is on the
sticker on the bottom
of my Dell laptop.  So assume this program is a
waste.  Do you happen
to know of any others than are more reliable ?
Guess she could go
without the updates and just order the disc's when
the sp's come out.
Thanks

"Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote
in message
If you google for "password cracker" you'll find a
number of software that
will do just that.  It does demonstrate the
futility of password protecting
Excel and Word files.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Bubey" <nneldred@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
message
> Is there anyway I can find my password on a
> spreadsheet
> I developed for the family finances.  I'm
> getting
> old and I
> can't remember it.  I've tried several that I
> usually use
> with no luck.  No, I'm not trying to get into
> someone else's
> file, just don't want to have to rebuild it
> again.
> Thought maybe
> it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?
> Thanks in advance for the help !

0
nneldred (12)
2/1/2007 7:02:10 PM
It seems that we've switched topics here?  Excel password problem has been
dealt with and now we're into something to do with Windows or Office?

To get your key for Windows install, try the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder -
it comes highly recommended and lots of folks have used it successfully:

another potential option is an older program called AIDA32, which is also
free and will do a complete audit of your system.  Since it's now
unsupported, you may not find out everything about a newer machine, but it
should still find software keys on the system.  You can download a copy from
Major Geeks:

"Bubey" wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I'll keep stored just in
> case I need it.
> I went back to my 2002 files and found the master
> spreadsheet
> which luckily wasn't password protected.
> Hopefully once my
> senior moment is over the password will come back
> to me and
> I can open those files and re-do the passwords to
> the one I'm
> using now.
>
> As you say, it is a futility.  I was trying to
> help a friend do updates on
> her HP laptop with windows XP.  Unfortunately she
> didn't have the
> key as she got the laptop as partial payment of
> unpaid rent from one
> of her tenants and they didn't give her the info,
> so couldn't do the
> update.  I posted and got referred to a file call
> Key Finder.  I downloaded
> it and tried it on my laptop just to see if it
> worked.  It came back with
> a different keycode than the one that is on the
> sticker on the bottom
> of my Dell laptop.  So assume this program is a
> waste.  Do you happen
> to know of any others than are more reliable ?
> Guess she could go
> without the updates and just order the disc's when
> the sp's come out.
> Thanks
>
> "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote
> in message
> If you google for "password cracker" you'll find a
> number of software that
> will do just that.  It does demonstrate the
> futility of password protecting
> Excel and Word files.
>
> Regards.
>
> Bill Ridgeway
> Computer Solutions
>
> "Bubey" <nneldred@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
> message
> > Is there anyway I can find my password on a
> > spreadsheet
> > I developed for the family finances.  I'm
> > getting
> > old and I
> > can't remember it.  I've tried several that I
> > usually use
> > with no luck.  No, I'm not trying to get into
> > someone else's
> > file, just don't want to have to rebuild it
> > again.
> > Thought maybe
> > it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?
> > Thanks in advance for the help !

Thanks for your referral.  That's the one I used,
your referral.  It came up with a key code but
it wasn't the same as was on the bottom of my
laptop ???  No new problem just my statement about
my experience with the Key Code Finders.  I don't
think they work very well.

"Bubey" wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  I'll keep stored just in
> case I need it.
> I went back to my 2002 files and found the
> master
> spreadsheet
> which luckily wasn't password protected.
> Hopefully once my
> senior moment is over the password will come
> back
> to me and
> I can open those files and re-do the passwords
> the one I'm
> using now.
>
> As you say, it is a futility.  I was trying to
> help a friend do updates on
> her HP laptop with windows XP.  Unfortunately
> she
> didn't have the
> key as she got the laptop as partial payment of
> unpaid rent from one
> of her tenants and they didn't give her the
> info,
> so couldn't do the
> update.  I posted and got referred to a file
> call
> Key Finder.  I downloaded
> it and tried it on my laptop just to see if it
> worked.  It came back with
> a different keycode than the one that is on the
> sticker on the bottom
> of my Dell laptop.  So assume this program is a
> waste.  Do you happen
> to know of any others than are more reliable ?
> Guess she could go
> without the updates and just order the disc's
> when
> the sp's come out.
> Thanks
>
> "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote
> in message
> If you google for "password cracker" you'll find
> number of software that
> will do just that.  It does demonstrate the
> futility of password protecting
> Excel and Word files.
>
> Regards.
>
> Bill Ridgeway
> Computer Solutions
>
> "Bubey" <nneldred@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
> message
> > Is there anyway I can find my password on a
> > spreadsheet
> > I developed for the family finances.  I'm
> > getting
> > old and I
> > can't remember it.  I've tried several that I
> > usually use
> > with no luck.  No, I'm not trying to get into
> > someone else's
> > file, just don't want to have to rebuild it
> > again.
> > Thought maybe
> > it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?
> > Thanks in advance for the help !

0
nneldred (12)
2/1/2007 9:55:00 PM
The sticker on the bottom of your laptop is the product key for Windows.

Try Belarc Advisor.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

> [...]
>> number of software that
>> will do just that.  It does demonstrate the
>> futility of password protecting
>> Excel and Word files.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Bill Ridgeway
>> Computer Solutions
>>
>> "Bubey" <nneldred@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>> message
>> > Is there anyway I can find my password on a
>> > spreadsheet
>> > I developed for the family finances.  I'm
>> > getting
>> > old and I
>> > can't remember it.  I've tried several that I
>> > usually use
>> > with no luck.  No, I'm not trying to get into
>> > someone else's
>> > file, just don't want to have to rebuild it
>> > again.
>> > Thought maybe
>> > it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?

jl_paules (2769)
2/1/2007 10:09:11 PM
Crossed wire here?

George Gee

> [...]
>> number of software that
>> will do just that.  It does demonstrate the
>> futility of password protecting
>> Excel and Word files.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> Bill Ridgeway
>> Computer Solutions
>>
>> "Bubey" <nneldred@nowhere.invalid> wrote in
>> message
>> > Is there anyway I can find my password on a
>> > spreadsheet
>> > I developed for the family finances.  I'm
>> > getting
>> > old and I
>> > can't remember it.  I've tried several that I
>> > usually use
>> > with no luck.  No, I'm not trying to get into
>> > someone else's
>> > file, just don't want to have to rebuild it
>> > again.
>> > Thought maybe
>> > it might be hidden in the registry, etc ?

georgegee (154)

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Online help, OTHER than Microsoft's
Would anyone know of FREE tutorials or instructions for Publisher, other than the Microsoft's, which would fill in the many spaces in between the lines of instruction that I've found there. There are a few university sites that I've found and some other miscellaneous, but I'm looking for help geared to the self-taught beginner-user who probably doesn't know some of the ABC she should, AND that will really get the thing to WORK! Specifically, printing out a business card that I tried numerous ways to set up from scratch within Publisher. Many, many thanks, ...

Help! Help content lost (links to 2010?)
When I try to get online Help from Word, I see a page which has the new Office logo for 2010. The framework for Help is provided, but there is no content under any of the headings. ("No results available"). This was from a VBA page, so I was seeking Word Developer help. If I right-click the title "Word Developer Help" and paste the URL property, I get: http://office2010.microsoft.com/client/helphome.aspx?lcid=3081&NS=WINWORD%2EDEV&Version=12 But I'm running Office 2007. I also have Office 2003 installed. How can I get help for Word 2007? Fur...

Any Help?
I like to keep the top 20 music charts on a simple excel file ie Artist - Song - Date - Chart Position Every year i update it with the previous years chart. I manage to get the data like this Hard-Fi Cash Machine 01 Jan 14 Ordinary Boys Boys Will Be Boys 01 Jan 3 Editors Munich 08 Jan 10 Ideally i would love it in seperate columns and rows like this..commas are seperate columns etc Hard-Fi , Cash Machine , 01 Jan ,14 Ordinary Boys , Boys Will Be Boys , 01 Jan , 3 Editors , Munich 08 Jan 10 If i copy n paste using transpose i get the info but all on one row which isnt wh...

XmlSerializer help
Hi, I have a class: public class Note { public string name; public string information; } And i Serialize this class, but want to Serialize it to an XmlDocument which will contain many of these elements. How do i do this? Thank you, Tim. Timothy, take a look at Chris Lovett's XmlNodeWriter on www.gotdotnet.com [0]. Simply pass the node where you want to insert the serialized XML into the XmlDocument to an XmlNodeWriter and pass the XmlNodeWriter to the Serialize method. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://gotdotnet.com/Communit...

Need Help Filtering a Form with VBA
I have a form whose underlying data comes primarily from "Table1" (for this example). On the form is a drop-down box that displays a field named "Primary OBS" for each record. "Primary OBS" is stored in "Table1". It is an index into another table "Table2" which contains a field named "Team Code". "Team Code" can look like "JD130000" or "JG320000", etc. What I need to do is to filter the records in the form by the first two letters of the "Team Code". In other words, the user ca...

Macro Help #4
Hi I am trying to write a Macro that opens another workbook (test.csv) and copies the data from and places into the workbook with the macro (testenabled.xmls) which will run on a scheduled task. I keep running into this error run time error '9' subscript out of range Here is the code - I would really appreciate some help. Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' ' ChDir "C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop" Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\j.dibble.CTS\Desktop\test.csv" Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Book1"...

Need help creating a formula
I would like to create a formula that will check to see if there is value in one of two cells, multiply the found value by a value i another cell and return a total. Specifically: Cell B1 Cell B2 CellB3 Either B1 or B2 will contain a value, not both. If B1 has a value, it will be multiplied by the value in B37 and th result displayed in B3. If B2 has a value, it will be multiplied by the value in B38 and th result displayed in B3. Th -- storeman496 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- storeman4966's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

help populating appointment times in table
I will try to explain as simply as I can. I have a database that keeps client records and creates appointment dates and times after update of a provider name combobox by running a macro with several queries. Now here is where I don't know what I am doing. I have it working perfectly providing someone has not used the 9:00 spot in the appointment book because I have it defaulting to 9am. How do I add code to have the default change to a different time for any record where the 9:00 spot is already used? I am not very good with the code writing though I can manage to add a snippet in...

Formula Help #39
I am using a way to do the following column1 column 2 column 3 (2+3)+(3*5) 5+15 20 in the first column I want to be able to see the expresion in the second column I want to have the result of each parenthesis and in the final column the result Please help Thanks Stelios ...

Help With Score Card / Questionnaire Type Form
This is part of a longer post I tried to send earlier. I am building an Access application that resembles a questionnaire or score card. This is occurring to capture data in a database instead using individual Excel spreadsheets as is the practice now. I need help with getting the form to look like the spreadsheet with multiple questions displayed on the screen at the same time. I have created a table, DM Checklist, that contains the fields store number, date, DM category, pt value and question, and score. I have other tables – DM Category Table, DM Category Comments Table, Sales ...

OWA Password change- Uniqueness requirements not met
yWe have configured OWA to use SSL and enabled the Change Password feature. When users attempt to change their password, the receive a message that “Either the password is too short or uniqueness requirements have not been met” Great pains have been taken to ensure that all password uniqueness requirements are met. The domain password policy has had uniqueness requirements disabled. Any recommendations or ideas? Windows Server 2003 SP1, Exchange V. 6.5 SP2 When was the change made to the GP? Did you force an update? Nue "Miranda" <Miranda@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Cannot view / enter any GL accounts! HELP!
I ran the Check Links yesterday. Now, I cannot see / access / view / created any GL accounts. I first thought that all disappeared as when I open the lookup window, they are all gone. However, after logging in as the sa, they are definitely all there. It appears every user lost access to do anything with GL accounts. When one attempts to manual type in a valid GL account, it simply erases itself once entry is complete. HELP! Did you check your check links reports what did they show?? Can you see the accounts as a Power User or only as sa? "Adam" wrot...

Outlook 2002 with Windows Vista
I have just installed Outlook 2002, as part of Office XP, into my new laptop that has Windows Vista. I was using the trial version of Office 2007, but I uninstalled it when I did not buy it. Outlook was working fine. Also, Outlook 2002 was working fine on my other computer with Windows XP. Every time I run Outlook now, and then do a Send/Receive, it asks for passwords for my two email accounts. Then when I check my email accounts under Tools, Email Accounts, then View or change existing email accounts, then change each email account, in the section for logon information, there is a box ...

layout help-creating 2 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper for booklet
I am new to Publisher, so bear with me.... I am trying to create a booklet using 8 1/2 x 11 paper in positioned in landscape position. I would like to get 2 pages on one piece of paper, but with the text in a portrait position, if that makes sense. Can anyone guide me? Thanks. -- Lauren When you setup your publication as a booklet, the pages are presented in the correct order automatically. The half pages will be portrait. Have you tried to setup a booklet? If you have, what problems are you experiencing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.or...

excel sheet password recovery
i need to get my excel sheets password recovery You should try a search on Google for Excel Password recovery, there are tons of tools out there a few free and some chargeable -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS web: www.excelusergroup.org web: www.nickhodge.co.uk "Abdulsalam" <Abdulsalam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2F7B0C6-27DB-4EBC-9EB1-DD197F6265AB@microsoft.com... > i need to get my excel sheets password recovery > "Nick Hodge" <nick_hodge@zen.co.uk> wro...

help on macro for making chart
Hi, i want to make a plot using macro where I want my x-axis to be the value from the same column but random rows for example R18C3,R19C3,R21C3,R23C3,R25C3,R27C3 ( only rows are changing) and my Y-axis should also be something like this R18C5,R19C5,R21C5,R23C5,R25C5,R27C5 ( only rows are changing) For one plot It is working but i do not know how i can plot for other columns... the code looks like this Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/30/2007 by Roger ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+m ' Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlXYScatterLines ...

Retrive Password
Hai, We are developing a web application in asp.net which will internally connect to Great plains, for that we need to retrive user details(mainly passoword). Please give me steps/suggestions how to retrive those details. -- thanks Rani Use the retrieveglobals.dll. See wan example of this in the next post down from yours. :) "rani" wrote: > Hai, > We are developing a web application in asp.net which will internally connect > to Great plains, for that we need to retrive user details(mainly passoword). > Please give me steps/suggestions how to retrive those deta...

VB Help Needed
Can someone help me with the following code:- Sub SendEmail() Dim Email As String, Subj As String Dim Msg As String, URL As String Email = Range("A5") For Each c In Range("D7:D30") If c.Value = 0 Then SySname = c.Offset(, -3).Value Subj = SySname Msg = "" Msg = Msg & "Hi" & Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 6) & "," & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Your AS400 password is due to expire on the above mentioned system. Please log on and change your password" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf...

Microsoft Money 2003 Password help please
I have never used Money 2003 for doing anything other than debugging my MSN Portfolio when it refused to donwload transactions from Schwab over a year ago when certain OFX transactions were causing Brokerage download to abort. Support kept telling me to use Money, so I broke down and bought it (Money 2003) over a year ago. It did allow me to download brokerage data and see the audit trail of OFX transactions, and by trial and error I determined what was causing the problem. I couldn't get Schwab support to change what it was sending nor could I get MSN Portfolio support to allow download...

Keeps asking: Enter Network Password
My Outlook keeps asking this for email. I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" but it constantly pops up the prompt. How is this fixed ?? O.S.: Windows Server 2003 "_DouglasKBell" <douglaskbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%vTxk.24788$xZ.6185@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... > My Outlook keeps asking this for email. > I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" > but it constantly pops up the prompt. > > How is this fixed ?? > > O.S.: Windows Server 200...

VAT report should be to print without using system password
Currently when print VAT report (used for UK), tools-routines-company-vat return, need to enter system password and then can print report. Should be able to print VAT report without entering system password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

I need help with charts in Excel 2007
I need help with inserting dates on the axes. I have dates as my column headings on my worksheet in row 2. I am trying to create a chart using the dates and just the data I have entered in a particular row, say row 12. It works fine if I chose line 3, but I need to create charts using other lines. Is this possible? Select the data in row 2, then hold CTRL while selecting the data in another row, and insert your chart. Alternatively, create your chart, and on the Chart Tools > Design tab, choose Change Data, and change the reference from row 3 to row whatever. Or select the series,...

Pls Help synch with MS Exchange server b4 I screw things up
I'm using : Outlook 2002 Exchange server (MSES) 2000 PC#1: set up; doing fine PC#2: need to set up Outlook and synch with MSES w/o screwing up MSES or PC#1 I'm trying to synch 2 separate computers...eg email, contacts, calendar, tasks... Currently have everything working well on pc#1....now need to set up on #2 I'm unclear as to the synch process w/ MSES.. On PC #2 have set set up folders exactly like #1.. Should I do PST export from 1 and import to #2? then synch with MSES? Or not import, and just synch with MSES...(I don't want to delete my files on MSES by syching wit...

Help with Security Ideas on new install
Good morning. We are about to install our first Exchange 2003 box and the question of security was asked by our brass. Keeping in mind that our owner (small company here) is against any access to our network (to date) I need some suggestions on strong security guidelines when setting up this box. Any sugggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Terry Security-Hardening Exchange 2003 Servers http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/faecb78b-8453-4192-966e-06b05d49103f.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/bl...