Help with IF, AND & OR statements...

Hi all...

Fantastic site you got here.  :)

I can't get this formula to work.

=IF(AND(10>5; 10=(OR(3;6;8;22;10)));\"TRUE\";\"FALSE\"

It returns false. How do I return TRUE?

Best regards TecWiz

--
tecwiz
tecwizz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1661

What are you trying to do?
10 is always greater than 5.
etc., etc.
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16614
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314756

0
Don

Help w/ GRIDLINES EXCEL 2003
GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW All Background Settings are in DEFAULT since original Install. I am stuck on a report until I get this solved. I am willing to send Spreadsheet via email if you'd like to view my situation. Thank You Ken in page setup check gridlines -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Caroken" wrote: > GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to > BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW > &...

Need help building a model in Excel
I'm modeling a two-step industrial process for work Step #1 occurs anytime (date or day of week), step #1 requires 21 days to completion Step #2 follows step #1, but occurs ONLY on Mondays, so, for example,for a particular instance, if (start date of step #1 + 21 days) is a Wed, step #2 doesn't commence until the following Monday. I'm counting pieces (widgets) that will pass from step#1 to step#2, and this model helps to provide estimates for the resources needed to complete step #2 I've having intellectual problems trying to slove this So input is count of widgets ente...

Help! Cannot delete email
I have received 2 different emails. One keeps showing up every hour over & over again in Junk e-mail folder. Another email is doing the same in my Norton Anti-Spam folder. The message has been deleted from the mail server but problem will not go away. I have to delete 100's every day of these What can I do?? How do you know that its the *same mail msg* and not a new msg that is the same. Perhaps the email addy you used in this post is your real email, and as such will have been harvested for spam <goner@ev1.net> wrote in message news:rgvag2tl4njnupndki9c55j5vh5bj4clii@4ax.com.....

Loop help
Hello all, I created (recorded) a macro to sort and subtotal raw data with the following: Sub SubtotalBalSheet() ' ' SubtotalBalSheet Macro ' Macro recorded 10/15/2004 by A24479 ' ' Rows("1:1").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "G/L" Range("B1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Branch" Range("C1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Description" Range("D1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Current Month&...

Outlook on XP is showing emails but not any appointments, help!
To elaborate, I have configured my outlook client so that it receives/sends emails and that works, but I can't see any of the appointments on my calendar. I have outlook set up at work, and that works fine, but now trying to do it from home. thanks! ...

problem with true/false statements
Hi there trying to do a formula based on true/false output but I cant get round this Team A(B1) v(D1)Team B IF SUM(B1>D1) say 1 - 0 {if true = 1 if false = 0} IF SUM(B1<D1) say 0 - 1 {if true = 1 if false = 0} No problem threre.. BUT IF SUM (B1=D1) say 0 -0 or 1 -1 {if true = 1 if false =0}OK but the trouble is if blank in both cells still shows 1 I need it to show 0 false basically if b1=" " and D1=" " then false = 0 Please help I can't solve it - pulling my hair out what little I have left. Cheers Paul > IF SUM(B1>D1) say 1 - 0 {if true = 1 if...

Unable to open money
I installed Money 2004 in September on my new Dell computer. It has worked flawlessly - until last week! Now, when I attempt to open it I get: "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from your original product disks." When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Do you want to check the installation of Money 2004?" When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Finished! Money 2004 Installation Checker did not find any problems with this installation." When I click on the "OKAY" box, it closes. I get ...

can you help me with an invoice
I am trying to get a sample invoice Hi Try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "Steve B" wrote: > I am trying to get a sample invoice ...

Help!! Where are my Page Breaks for Page 2,3 etc.
I use Excell for XP and want to add Pagebreaks. Only Page 1 is visible after Menu > View > Pagebraks. I canot add braks with selecting row/column and rightclick. No result after both setting up Print Area and reset Print Area. -- Thank you for your help. Bart Remove X from my e-mail address to send me an e-mail Quite la X de mi direcci�n para enviarme correo electr�nico ____________________ 1.. Bart, does this help? On the View menu, click Page Break Preview. Do one of the following: View page breaks Manually inserted page breaks appear as solid lines. Dashed lines indicat...

AR Statement in Crystal
I am currently working on producing the A/R statement in Crystal 9.0. We are running GP 8.0. Crystal doesn't seem to be able to pull in all the customers. I am using table RM00101 and pulling custnmbr and custname. The inactive field is set to no and adrscode to 'STATE'. When I run this query using smartlist from within GP, I get a count of 823 customers. When I run this in Crystal, I only get 251 customers returned. Any ideas? In Crystal, are you restricting on RM00101.dbo.INACTIVE with the value "No"? If so, that should be 0 (0 = Active, 1 = Inactive). Y...

Help with Lookup formula
I have a three columns of data, column A has part number, column B has cost, column C has company name. What I would like to be able to do is for a formula to lookup 'company1' and give me a total cost of the parts. Is this an easy thing to do? Hi Graham, Try this: =SUMIF(C1:C10,"company1",B1:B10) Regards, KL "Graham" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23EvZqXwpFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a three columns of data, column A has part number, column B has >cost, column C has company name. What I would like to be able to...

New 2k Exchange w/ existing 2k Exchange Server Problem HELP!!!!!!!
I just installed a new 2000 exchange server on my domain and I am having a problem connecting to it. I have an existing 2000 Exchange server called "BOSS" and my new one is called "exchsrvr" they are both online I am moving my mail box over to the new server "exchsrvr" and I just tried to sync my outlook up to the new one by entering the name of the new server "exchsrvr" and then my name and clicking "Check name" and once i click the "check name" button the server name changes back to my old exchange server "BOSS" how...

SUMPRODUCT help
Hi - some years ago I needed a formula that would count rows where certain columns were certain values. ie. in english, it'd be something like if col a = 1 and col d <8000 and col f > 5 then count the row. Someone sent me a SUMPRODUCT ( I think it was that) formula that did the trick. I can't find that formula - the xls file it was in is now gone, and once I again I need the same type of formula. I can't use DCOUNT since the cols to check are not sequential (next to eachother). Anyone know the trick of using SUMPRODUCT or some other formula (in case I remember is wro...

help with Xl time sheet
I am creating a time sheet. I am wondering if there is a short cut to enter the staffs time. Right now I copy and paste the time in but was hopeing there is a better way. here what I am working with part time who work 4 days in a row full time who work 5 days in a row I have early afternoon and late shifts My work week is 6 days. Colume "B" is mon "C" is tues... "G" is Sat. can I make 6 short cut keys to fit all my needs? I was thinking something like type f1 in colum "C" it would enter in 5 days of early shift(tuesday colume "C" to sat colum...

Help!!!! ActiveX control instanciated
To All, I need help creating an ActiveX control to be placed on a form at runtime. This cannot be done at design time since I don't know which ActiveX control to put on the form. Can someone please give me an idea where to look to instanciate an ActiveX control on the fly and drop it on a form? Thanks in advance, Kevin KevinC@coax.NoSpamHere.net hi, "Kevin Chandler" <KevinC@CoaxNoSpam.Net> wrote in message news:<rGs5b.12$W_3.149562@news.abs.net>... > To All, > > I need help creating an ActiveX control to be placed on a form at runtime. > This cannot...

Help SOS
I just upgraded my BDC Nt4 server installed with exchange 5.5 to win2k and during the upgrade I selected the role for this server to become a member server in the new Active directory. After upgrading the os, exchange services all fail to run. the user which use to log on all these exchange services is the domain administrator account. I tried using system account to log on but failed. Please help, thankyou SOS Do you have an Active Directory domain? "daniel" <c_weng_fai@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:022d01c3ab84$150b7110$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded...

help on and/or formula needed
I have a formula that I cannot get right and have been working on it for several days now and would appreciate a "parenthesis" in the right place. The background : I have to calculate the total of a column based on the year of purchase of an item (depreciated over 5 years) BUT, the first 2 items only get included in the total if the column year is the year of purchase, i.e. the first year. Cells: o12:w12 contain the years to be totalled for K15/16 are the years for the first 2 items K19:K41 are the years for the remaining items BB15:BB41 are the values to be totalled all Year cell...

Multiple IF Statements #2
Hi guys, Another problem for you. I am doing some work and requires multiple IF statements to be used. I know how to write a statement if all cells have a common factor, for example: Code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- =IF(OR(E11="Error",E15="Error",E23="Error",E29="Error",E44="Error",E48="Error"),"Check N/a Boxes",(D57/A57)) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But how do I write it to display different results. For example, ...

Pivot percentages urgent help please
how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table Actual YTD Gross Margin $3500 Gross Magin % 35 % pls help Either your clock is wrong or you are trying to stay at the top of the questions. I delete these. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kumar" <Kumar_p50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyLKTHw%23DHA.2860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table > > Actual YTD > Gross Margin $3500 > Gross Magin % 35 % > pls help > > > ...

Closest number match help ...
Looking for a way to find the number that falls closest to another number in Excel ... Cell A1 contains value 750 Cell A2 contains value 1500 Cell A3 contains value 3000 When I enter a value in cell A5 (e.g. 800), the result I would like retuned in cell B5 is the number from cell a1, a2 or a3 which is closest to the value in A5. Anyone any ideas how to do this please? Many thanks, NP. Hi try the followung array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(MIN(ABS(A1:AA4-A5)),ABS(A1:A4-A5),0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NP" <-@-.com> schri...

Criteria Query Error Please Help
I have a query with Criteria Between [Start Date] And [End Date] i t has been working fine until now. When I use start date 01-02-10 and end date 28-02-10 it returns an error 'this expression is typed incorrectly or is is to complex to be evaluated....' If I use any other dates i.e 01-01-10 - 31-01-10 it works fine, I can not see anything wrong with the data for the Feb dates. Thanks in advance V Have you declared the parameters As DateTime? If not the values entered could be misinterpreted as arithmetical expressions. You can declare them in design view or by a...

HELP: Publisher 2000 color problem
Hope someone can help me out here. I am using Pub 2000 and I can't get the color blue to come out as blue. It prints out as pink. Strange that the problem seems to be with the blue. Each time I choose to color a font or a box blue it prints out in a dark pinkish color. Anyone got any advice? Thanks in advance Winston Sounds like you have a clogged cartridge. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Winston" <replyme@comcast.net> wrote in message news:gpmdnZ1W-OJtC4XeRVn-qQ@comcast.com... > Hope someon...

Help Please #7
I need a formula that I can put in a cell to count the number of times certain word appears in a column of cells. If column A1 to say A50 ha the word "pass" in 10 different cells then that is the sum I need t know. Even if the other cells are blank or contains a different word. Thanks for any Help. It is always greatly appreciated -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26424 ...

Select every Nth cell in column? Help please
3 columns A2:C100 contains data. In E2:E14, I want a formula or function that will get every 3rd cell from Column A, F2:F14 every 3rd cell from Col B, G2:G14 every 3rdcell from Col C E.g.: A B C D E F G Days Week Mon RDays RWeek RMon 1 2 3 7 8 9 4 5 6 4 5 6 7 8 9 9 8 7 10 110 12 3 3 3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 3 3 3 I'm guessing Vlookup somehow, but I sure cant figure out how to do it. Appreciate any help you can provide. Basically, I'm just trying to get a smaller set of data to work with in Cols E:G versus using the data in Col A:C which currently i...

how do i switch off template help in microsoft excel?
template help stays open on the right side of the screen. If I close it...it opens again when I open another page. I believe... Tools - Options - View, uncheck "show startup task pane" -- Best Regards, Luke M "davwes1" <davwes1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A221EFF7-DBE5-44DF-AB8C-A89B08D41098@microsoft.com... > template help stays open on the right side of the screen. If I close > it...it > opens again when I open another page. Help>Online Content Settings. Uncheck "Show Template Help etc." G...