Help with formula please #3

Hello,

I need a formula that can do the following:

-give an average minutes and seconds per phone call

This is the data that I will be entering:

Calls: 120
Total talk time (hours): 4
Total talk time (minutes): 47
Total talk time (seconds): 52

Thank you

Assuming the hours will not be greater than 23.

Try this:

B1 = 120
B2 = 4
B3 = 47
B4 = 52

=TIME(B2,B3,B4)/B1

Format as m:ss or h:m:ss

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jimmy H" <spokenwords@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need a formula that can do the following:
>
> -give an average minutes and seconds per phone call
>
> This is the data that I will be entering:
>
> Calls: 120
> Total talk time (hours): 4
> Total talk time (minutes): 47
> Total talk time (seconds): 52
>
> Thank you

0
biffinpitt (3172)
10/8/2009 4:10:11 AM
Try this - the solution below did not work for me

=(B2&":"&B3&":"&B4)/B1

 format as hh:mm:ss

edvwvw

Jimmy H wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I need a formula that can do the following:
>
>-give an average minutes and seconds per phone call
>
>This is the data that I will be entering:
>
>Calls: 120
>Total talk time (hours): 4
>Total talk time (minutes): 47
>Total talk time (seconds): 52
>
>Thank you

edvwvw

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Extending formulas
Subject: Extending formulas Hi, For my application that uses Excel for calculations. I need to be able to extend the forula base of Excell with complex scientifc functions. Is there a way to add new functions to the Excel function base? Thanks Spx. MS has provided Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to customize Excel with new functions, commands, forms, menus, etc. Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor From the VBA editor Insert Module Then write your functions in VBA. Details of writting functions in VBA is a very big topic, http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut01.htm may help y...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Need HELP! for Linking data

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

Help with Registration

Need to add to current formula

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.