Help with Excel

I am working on a song list with selection numbers and disc numbers ..When I
enter the selection number or disc number it changes to a DATE!!  How do I
change this.  I'm new to excel

Thanks
Arlene
0
cleocat10 (1)

Are you entering something like 1/10? If so, either format the cells as
Text, or precede with a single quote, '

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"cleocat10" <cleocat10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am working on a song list with selection numbers and disc numbers ..When
> enter the selection number or disc number it changes to a DATE!!  How do I
> change this.  I'm new to excel
>
> Thanks
> Arlene

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
8/11/2006 11:54:48 PM
The cells are probably pre-formatted to show numbers as dates. To
change this for the whole worksheet, click on the intersection between
the row and column identifying labels - this will highlight all cells.
Then click Format | Cells | Number (tab) and click on General in the
list of formats available.

Hope this helps.

Pete

cleocat10 wrote:
> I am working on a song list with selection numbers and disc numbers ..When I
> enter the selection number or disc number it changes to a DATE!!  How do I
> change this.  I'm new to excel
>
> Thanks
> Arlene

0