Help with automatic dates

Hello:

I have craeted a spreadsheet with names and dates which have due date
for each name.
My spreadsheet has the names in the first column; the type of follow u
eg. 30 days, 60 days etc. and the last column has the date that th
individual follow ups are due. How do I program Excel so that the du
dates for each customer is automatically updated every 30 days, 60 day
etc. Also, how do I link the cells with the dates to the individua
columns. I hope that someone can help.

Thanks

--
foxx6
foxx60's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2642

How do you calculate the due date? Do you have cell that contains th
'from when' date

--
hidek
hideki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1890

Drag and drop on a recycle bin ... a little help needed
Hello all I have implemented the drag and drop code from The Code project http://www.codeproject.com/shell/explorerdragdrop.asp?msg=420048 but it crashes when the files are dropped on the recycle bin. CCmdTarget::~CCmdTarget() { #ifndef _AFX_NO_OLE_SUPPORT if (m_xDispatch.m_vtbl != 0) ((COleDispatchImpl*)&m_xDispatch)->Disconnect(); ASSERT(m_dwRef <= 1); <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HERE #endif #ifdef _AFXDLL m_pModuleState = NULL; #endif } Does anyone have an...

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

qry for dates in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth quarters of current year!
Hello i am looking to write a query which returns values for the current year only! DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i dont need! any ideas please!!! thanks in advance hi, smason wrote: > DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) > is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i > dont need! any ideas please!!! You need to filter for the current year, e.g. SELECT DatePart("q",[Start Date]) FROM [yourT...

cut/copy and paste forumla problem help
i am currently using the correlation formula to test on a large set of data: e.g. CORREL(IGR!C233:C262,IIA!C233:C262) IGR and IIA - they are a pair of data i place in 2 different worksheets, each has set of data, and I need to pull the data of C233 and C262 in IGR and IIA worksheet and I have many pairs in different worksheets E.G. RMR and RHR so I copy the forumla above and hope can only manually adjust the symbol from IGR and IIA to RMR and RHR when I copy it shift the number down =CORREL(IGR!C242:[/B]C271,IIA!C242:C271) from C233 to C242 and C 262 to C271 and I would have to ma...

Align Line Charts By Milestone Dates?
I'm a chart neophyte. I have a worksheet with multiple line charts, each line depicting total hours per month per project. I would like to align the lines to a common milestone, like "start of detailed design". Each project of course has a different date for this milestone. Other than knowing that somewhere I'll have to specify the dates of the milestone for each project, I have no idea of what to do. Any help/insight will be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Each data series has a column of dates and a column of percent complete values. I'll use columns A and B in...

Please Help strange problem
Hope someone can help with this after downloading a small excel file from a dealer site that is a genereated report, I can download it as an excel file, upon doing so and pasting it into my working sheet I end up with this � with the two dots above it at the end of the text in every cell, and when it is removed some cells change for example a cell which has a long number for a serial number will shorten as well where do I start the excel version is 2000 blacklabhfxnospam@hotmail.com remove no spam ...

help #10
every time i try to send something through outlook I get an error 0x800CCCC0D Do you have any more details about the error? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "tina" <tinaatweb22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:081001c365f2$cc7bc3e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > every time i try to send something through outlook I get > an error 0x800CCCC0D ...

Query related to Help button in Property sheets?
Hi In my application for showing a wizard, i m using Property Sheets(tab dialog boxes derived from CPropertyPage). I have 4 buttons on my wizard: Back, Next, Cancel & Help. My problem is that how do i implement the <Help> button. I have to open a .chm file as soon as the user clicks the <Help> button. But where do i write the code as there is no handler function in the class wizard for Help button. Handler functions for Back,Next & Finish is there? How do i implement the Help button? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

changing date range for budget
I need for an annual budget to be from September to September not for the calendar year. Is there any way to do this? I have money 2002. Thanks! Unfortunately, the Annual Budget report appears to only display information for the year selected. However, you can customize the Monthly Budget report to cover 9/1 to 8/30 and report summary information. It won't be broken down by month, however. Derrick "Shari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49a801c3e43d$901d1970$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need for an annual budget to be from September to &g...

Help Sorting Data
I have the following columns of information and need to setup a formula that will give me the total by location, by dept, then by g/l account. DEPT G/L Account Bakersfield Fleet 42101 $10.00 Fleet 42101 $125.00 S & D 42101 $35.00 MEM 42199 $10.00 Fleet 23099 $1,000.00 I will then point to the cell containing the final cost number. Example: Bakersfield, Department Fleet, G/L Account 42101 $1,145 Look at the Subtotal function, or a Pivot Table. Regards, Fred "dh1069"...

Colouring cell if it has a specific date
Hi, I have a column for each month where the dates are entered on rows. Is it possible I can color a cell if the date entered in a cell for that month is 15 days past the end of the month. Like, if in a January column I enter a date on one of the rows as Feb.20, then the cell fills with red colour. I tried doing it using conditional formatting, but don't know how to say 15 days past end of the month? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks very much! Shivam Hi there Assuming 2007 If column A is January. I don't know where you have your reference date i.e. las...

Spreadsheet Help
I have built a set of spreadsheets that track our plant operation. It consists of one sheet we call the input sheet that we put our daily readings in ( power, water,motor hour meter, etc.) and twelve sheets (January - December) that have the formulas to draw the information to the appropriate equipment. My plans were to at the years end to save as to the next years date, wipe out my input page and start over. Here is my delima. The save as sheet still tries to draw from the previous years input page. Any ideas ? Thanks Edit>Links>Change Links generally gets the job d...

Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no luck. I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn. The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows update today, still the same I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewher...

Field whose value increments automatically
Is it possible to create a field which automatically increments by 1 every time I open the worksheet? Thanks... Only with code. Use the Workbook_Open event procedure to increment a value in a cell. For example, put the following code in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") .Value = .Value + 1 End With End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Quinnboy" <Quinnboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Help Going From 2000 to 2003
Hi, Here's what I am trying to do. I have a laptop with Office 2000 on it, with an extensive database built up in OUTLOOK. I have a desk top that took over from the laptop about two years ago, and it is running Office 2003. My question is how do I combine the backup.pst file from the Laptop (2000), which ended 2 years ago, with the .pst file from the Desktop (2003) which started two years ago? Copy the file to the desktop. Then use File->Open->Outlook Data file. Open the archive and use drag and drop to combine them. Once combined, close the archive by right clicking and ...

new user needs help
it's a spreadsheet of names and addresses the addresses column has both the street number and address. like 1233 LAKE ST What I would like to do, is sort them on the street name AND THEN the number so I would have the sheet list them in order of street name and then order of number such as 1233 Lake St 1234 Lake St 1235 Lake St etc. so how do I split the columns automatically so that it will sort by the name alphabetically and then the number numerically please and thank you... -- ----------------------------------------------------- Lawyer to witness: Now doctor, isn't it tr...

Date Calculation
I have two fields in a query: "Date Completed" (mm/dd/yyyy) and "Time Used (hours)" (nn.n). I want to calculate a third field "Date Started". Assuming an eight-hour day, the equation should be [Date Completed] - [Time Used (hours)]/8 but I can't figure out which Date/Time functions to use to convert my dates and hours to the same units to do the calculation and then back to a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy again. I am using Access 2007 and am not too competent with it. Thank you in advance for your help. A date_time is a data type, lik...

Cross Tab with dynamic date column
Hi there, I'm using access 2003 on XP Pro SP2 I have a cross tab query (for payroll) One Row Heading for Date Format([Check Date],"WW") One Column Heading for [Employee Name] One Sum Column for [Amount] Very simple and works fine and it give me every week a new column The problem start when I'm trying to create a report I want to show the last 8 week (columns) in my report dynamically And want it done automatically without having to change the column name every week (Because the column name change every week in addition to the rest of columns) Is there any way to cr...

Help with time over two days please?
HI thanks for looking, I have a sheet that I enter a start time into 12:30 PM (Cell formatted to time (Cell A1)) and a finish time of 2:30 AM (Cell formatted to time (Cell B1)) so I have worked a total of 14 hours. Can you please give me a formula that will work over the two days and also work if I start at 12:30 AM and finish at 10:30 PM on the same day IE 8 hours worked. Many thanks for your help Derek One way: Assuming the total time period is less than 24 hors, add 1 if the "later" time is less than the "earlier" time (since XL stores times as fractional...

Table of Contents Automatic Update
Is there a way that I can set the table of contents to automatically update like when I save or close a document? If so, how? Thanks! The following pair of macros should work: Sub FileSave() Dim t As TableOfContents For Each t In ActiveDocument.TablesOfContents t.Update Next t If ActiveDocument.Path = "" Then Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show Else ActiveDocument.Save End If End Sub Sub FileSaveAs() Dim t As TableOfContents For Each t In ActiveDocument.TablesOfContents t.Update Next t Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show End Sub Place the macros in the Normal ...

Please help
HI - I recently went through exchange hell with our exchange 2003 server - it's a long story, but basically part of recovery was creating new public and private EBD files, etc. Now everything is working great However, I have noticed that there are duplicate Microsoft Exchange System Objects in active directory. Here is an example: (these are of Type: Public Folder, and the bottom ones with with numbers are the ones which show a creation date that matches the day the new DB was setup. The top ones are the original ones which show a creation date of the day the server originally setup) ...

Turning off date
I use fractions a lot at my work and Excel is always formatting the into dates. Example 13/32 --- 13/32 16-Jul --- 7/16 15/32 --- 15/32 2-Jan --- 1/2 I never want Excel to format fractions into dates...If I want Excel t display July 16th then I will simply type that in. Is there a way o turning this option off -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format the cell as a fraction before entering your data. Format>Cells>Custom, in the type box: # ?/? or a similar format for fractions. Look in HELP for details on formatting as fractions. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten ...

Automatically numbering lines and columns in a chart using Excel
I have a question.......I know it can be done, but I was wanting to know if say, you have a grid chart made. How do you go about automatically numbering the lines and columns? ...

Newbie Help! Please (correct version)
Hi I have a spreadsheet which has a record of places in which certain occurences have taken place looking somthing like this... �-----A-----�-----B-----�-----C-----�-----D----- Place 1 data data data Place 2 data data data Place 3 data data data Place 1 data data data Place 4 data data data Place 2 data data data Place 1 data data data Pl...

help with 2 fold brochures
I am trying to put together a 2 fold (4 panel) brochure to send out for an upcoming gymnastics meet. Basically it's 2 fold-on the front of the first fold is where you put the title of our meet etc.. The back of the fold is where you put the mailing label. You then open it and it opens to a 8 1/2 by 11 page where on the left you have gym info and the page to the right is the form to fill out. That's it but I have no idea what template to use. Use the booklet page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &quo...