Help is "blank"

I had to reinstall windows and MS Office XP on my computer.
Now the "Answer Wizard" and "Index" tabs are blank.  The
"Contents" tab still has the help tree.

What did I do wrong?
0
jo6821 (2)

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319956 "The Answer Wizard and the
Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an Office program".

Joseph wrote:
> I had to reinstall windows and MS Office XP on my computer.
> Now the "Answer Wizard" and "Index" tabs are blank.  The
> "Contents" tab still has the help tree.
>
> What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the link.  It's odd.  I checked the two computers that
I observed this problem and the problem wasn't there.  I did change
the registry for one computer so we'll see if it crops up on the
other one.

garfield-n-odie [MVP] wrote:
> See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319956 "The Answer Wizard and the
> Help Index tabs appear blank when you use Help in an Office program".
>
> Joseph wrote:
>> I had to reinstall windows and MS Office XP on my computer.
>> Now the "Answer Wizard" and "Index" tabs are blank.  The
>> "Contents" tab still has the help tree.
>>
>> What did I do wrong?

0
jo6821 (2)

Cash flow graph goes blank
When I followed the wizard to replace my old mortgage data with a refinanced mortgage, the cash flow graph disappeared from my home page. Since the purpose of entering this data is to TRACK cash flow, I want to get the graph back. So far I have tried: 1) Close Money and open again; 2) Go online for all updates; 3) Search FAQs 4) Search knowledge base. Any ideas? I am using the Business and Personal version of Money 2002. This is a FAQ: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits i...

delete rows containing blank/missing values
I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road characteristic readings in two columns taken by a highly sophisticated instrument . I would like to remove the rows that the instrument missed to take the reading. Could some one help me in doing this. The normal technique would be to construct a SELECT query that returns only the rows you want. What distinguishes these rows from the others? On 10 Mar 2007 21:47:50 -0800, prasanna.kusam@gmail.com wrote: >I have very large database( almost 500,000 ) that contains road >characteristic readings in two columns taken by a hi...

Blank text in Sent Messages
When I compose a New message in MS Office Outlook 2003 or Reply to a message after I have Sent the message, I review my Sent Items folder and there is no message in the forwarded message and No Text in the New message, only address information and Subject information. It is as if any outgoing message content gets deleted. I cannot find the proper setting and I have shut down and restarted my pc several times. Please Help! ...

How to return a blank cell if sum = 0
How would I show a blank cell, instead of the number 0 in the cell, if the formula in that cell results in an answer of 0? =If(myformula=0,"",myformula), say, +if(sum(A3:g3)=0,"",Sum(a3:g3)) Peter "waybomb" wrote: > How would I show a blank cell, instead of the number 0 in the cell, if the > formula in that cell results in an answer of 0? > How would I show a blank cell, instead of the number 0 in the cell, > if the formula in that cell results in an answer of 0? Another option... if you want zero values to not show **anywhere** on your worksh...

Blank rows
Hi I have a summary table looking at rows in another table i.e. =a13,=a14,=a15 etc etc When the corresponding cells are empty I am left with blank rows on my summary table. Is there any way of eliminating the row automaticall when a blank cell is looked up. Thus will straighten my summary table up and reduce the blank rows so I only have those with data in showing? Thanks Brian Apply a filter to the column returning data - select non-blanks from the filter pull-down (or if these are numbers select Custom | Not equal to | 0), and this will display only those rows with data in them. Hope...

Starting Excel without blank workbook
How do I keep Excel from automaticaly loading a blank workbook on startup. Thanks! Dave Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I keep Excel from automaticaly loading a blank > workbook on startup. Thanks! Dave Ask in an Excel newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Offset with Blank Rows?
At the top of the column, I want to sum the last ten entries ignoring blank cells. Such as: $3,034.70 $255.10 $285.50 $339.80 $335.70 $302.70 $304.00 $268.40 $276.90 $264.90 $401.70 Every day there is a new entry, and at the top of the column I just want the sum of the last ten entries ignoring the blanks. Do I use the offset function for this? hi Blake, array formula to validate with ctrl + shift + enter =SUM(INDIRECT("A2:A"&MAX(IF(A2:A65535<>"",ROW(A2:A65535))))) -- isabelle Le 2011-05-24 12:55, Blake a �crit : > At the top of the column, I want...

How do I put a blank value in a cell not using "" in a formula
Thanks in advance I have a row that that is sometimes blank or contains a number followed by a space and two letters eg. In cell A1 I have the value 456 CR In cell B1 I am using the formula =IF( ISBLANK(A1),0,(LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-3)*1)) to strip the space and two letters from the cell. I multiply (LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-3) by 1 to convert to a number from text. I am almost happy with the formula. I want the first part of the IF statement to evaluate to 0 if the field is blank but do not want to see the 0. If I use "" instead of 0 it is a text value again which causes nu...

blank messages #2
I'm having trouble with some of my incoming Outlook messages being blank. The header's fine, but the body of the message is empty. I've reset all the security settings to medium, so I don't think it's accidentally blocking messages for that reason. I haven't yet determined if there's a consistent pattern to which messages show up blank. Some messages (subscription emails) from the same person show up OK while others are empty. Any ideas? ...

Data sort seperate by blank row
Hi! In the past when I have done a data sort, the block of cells has been confined by 1) a column which doesn't contain a header row and 2) a blank row. I want to use this feature but today, Excel has decided it will ignore the blank row and act as if all rows are one block. This seems inconsistent - I was relying on inserting a blank row to deal with each block of cells seperately as I have done in the past. Does anyone know what I need to do to get Excel to act as it usually has done? You need a complete column and/or row of empty cells to keep Excel from "jumpi...

Ask for Factory QC blank Inspection report

Copy and Paste Function in Outlook 2003
When I copy something to my clipboard from a different application (like a URL or some text on a web page) and THEN I open Outlook 2003 to PASTE it, it just pastes a BLANK Square box?? If I go back to that same URL or TEXT, and do another COPY, and then back into the already open Outlook 2003, it pastes fine. I am using MSWORD as my email editor within Outlook 2003. Is this a known problem or what am I doing to cause this? Please help! Thanks...Chris G'Day Chris (This is a Word Issue not an Outlook Issue.) There are a few Word AddIns that clear the Windows clipboard when ...

Conditional Formatting based on Non Blank Cells
I have a form for users to fill out and I only want them to fill out one of three categories. So if they type something in one category I want the other two categories to grey out. How can I do that? Need more specific info. >if they type something in one category And what cells would they be typing into? >I want the other two categories to grey out. And where are these categories? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Ashley1432" <Ashley1432@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B54EA5CA-1AFA-4580-8216-40479810E830@microsoft.com... >...

Seeing blank fields
In a report there is a field that has values in about half the records. I want the report to show either a bottom line border or a border around the whole field only when the field is blank. Can this be done? If so, how? Ed On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:01:48 -0500, "OldManEd" <econgleton@snet.net> wrote: >In a report there is a field that has values in about half the records. I >want the report to show either a bottom line border or a border around the >whole field only when the field is blank. Can this be done? If so, how? > >Ed Try something like this in ...

Macro to Delete Blanks in Col and Move Remainder of Range Up
Win7 and Excel 2007 with ASAP Utilities Named range in a column with data filled by Paste-Special-Values and sorted A-Z by a Macro. All cells are text. Some cells are blank and sort to the top of the range. I would like to delete the blank cells and have the remaining values moved up but cannot write the required Macro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Eric Try recording it and if you still can't get it post back with ALL of your code. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Zaidy036" <ericNOSPAM@bloch.com...

Resoring blank documents defaults
I'm unable to restore my "blank document” (doc1) back to its original format. Actually, let me correct myself. When I open a "blank document” my left indentation is set at 2.5 (how it got changed--I haven't a clue) so I set my left indentation back to 0", clicked on the default button & click "Yes" to having these setting for all new NORMAL template. After that when I close out of Word the Save windows prompts comes up. I have searched high & low in trying to find where to replace & save my changes to apply to my "blank docu...

Blank figures in MS Word 2007 under Windows 7
In a manuscript started using MS Office 2003 under MS Win/XP, figures that previously displayed properly are indicated with a blank box whose boundary is a narrow black rectangle. This occurs when I open the file in my Windows 7 environment (on a desktop PC). The same file copied to my laptop, which is still running Win/XP, displays the figures properly. Again, the version of MS Word 2007 here is the same one being used on the aforementioned desktop PC. I have searched, without success, both for Office 2007 and for Win/7 configuration parameters that might control pertinent behavior. ...

Auto Enter of Date if Columns *not* blank.
Hello all. Trying to work out an auto-enter problem, but not really sure how to get started. First, let me outline my spreadsheet. There are 4 coulmns (ALL the other ones are hidden.) Column A contains Text (the reference), Column B contains dollar values (cheque amounts), Colum C contains a number (the number of invoices), and column D contains a date (the date sent.) Now, when I'm doing entries to this sheet, D will ALWAYS equal today's date. So, I usually enter CTRL+; (semicolon) to enter the date. What I want to do is this. If A, B and C are not-blank (ie have values) and D...

Publisher Safe Mode and Trouble with Blank Docs
Does anyone else receive the popular "MS Has Encountered An Error...." message when trying to select a Blank Document to work on in MS Publisher 2007, and the message keeps asking you if you want to send the error report and restart MS Publisher, but eventually - and gratefully - asks if you'd like to start MS Publisher in "Safe Mode" and after you click "YES," it allows you to open a Blank Document? It's incredibly frustrating, especially after spending, over $.... for this "Office Suite." Thank you. When you get the error, in the messa...

new data entries are showing up blank in report
i have a report designed to print a summary of table information based on a primary key field, that is it prints only the current record displayed on the data entry form (report is run from a command button on data entry/query form).... however when a new entry is created and the print button pressed, i get no data in the report, all the labels are there but the actual data is blank. I know the data is in the table, i can see it, i can even query it, but the report refuses to show this new entry. It will show all existing entries, not the one just done. i have tried refresh, repaint, ...

existing excel file when clicked opens blank excel document
whentrying to open the existing excel file, it pulls up blank document. i have to open the required file, by going to file->open and then document. Caller has tried to use the repair-tool in the excel and caller has tried to reinstall the excel. what can be done snows Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again. If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no qu...

one cell in my worksheet appears blank, but answr shows in formula
I have Excel 2003 I have a worksheet that is linked to another worksheet. The sheet is a YTD of all the data collected for several units. It's a simple formula where I typed the equal sign in , then clicked on the cell in the other worksheet so it shows in this worksheet. One cell out of many appears to be blank, yet when I click on it the actual answer shows up in the formula bar. I've checked all the formatting and all appears to be well, the font color is black. I tried re-doing the formula with the same result. I deleted the formula from that cell and typed the ans...

zero values in charts-don't want to show as zero, but as blank
I am trying to create a chart from data that is in the form of a formula, some of those cells have a formula that returns a blank cell, "". I want my line chart to stop if the cell is blank, instead it is showing as a zero value. Any ideas on how to do this. I am not 100% positive this is your situation, but I believe I ran into the same problem a few weeks back. On your spreadsheet got to Tools/Options, then on the View tab uncheck Zero values. "ML" wrote: > I am trying to create a chart from data that is in the form of a formula, > some of those cells ...

Send of Behalf Of <blank>
I have a setup a number of mailbox enabled (disabled) user accounts for administrative purposes (eg postmaster@domain.com or hostmaster@domain.com) and granted 'send of behalf of' rights as needed. The display name of these users is set to the email address (eg 'postmaster@domain.com' rather than 'Postmaster'). When sending to an external recipient this all appears to work fine (eg they see a message from 'Sender Name on behalf of postmaster@domain.com'). However, when sending to an internal recipient all that is seen 'Send Name on behalf of ' - ...

How, on a line chart, to skip blank entry rather than plot as 0?
How, on a line chart, to skip blank entry rather than plot as 0? Select the chart, go to tools, options, chart, and select interpolated. This option should be avaliable for most chart types, though I've noticed its not for scatter. "JohnTerp" wrote: > How, on a line chart, to skip blank entry rather than plot as 0? ...