Help, I cannot Save!

I created a document and locked the worksheet to protect the formulars
before creating a template for the document. But now when I open th
document and insert a new sheet using the template I created, th
document will refuse to save.

Once I click on save, office assistant will say "doc not saved". Wha
could I have done wrong? PLease help.

computerfinema

--
computerfinema
computerfineman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3716

Hi guys,

Anybody out there to help me out of this trouble? I still can't sav
and dunno what to do. Please help

--
computerfinema
computerfineman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3716
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57335

computerfineman,
Can you do a save as (File, save as or hit F12)?
Barbara

"computerfineman"
<computerfineman.2ctf98_1156038314.5206@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:computerfineman.2ctf98_1156038314.5206@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi guys,
>
> Anybody out there to help me out of this trouble? I still can't save
> and dunno what to do. Please help!
>

> --
> computerfineman
> computerfineman's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37165
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=573352

0
not8921 (82)

Problem with Report Manager on SQL2005, please help!!!
I have a problem with Report Manager and don't know how to fix it. The situation is next: I have CRM 3.0 and SQL2005 installed on the same server. By the way this is the first experience with SQL2005. Everything installed fine, but i cant work with report manager as i did on SQL2000 by going to this page http://server/reports. I can see and open reports in CRM, i can open report server but when I try to open this link i get this error: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request. This is very critical to me and a company, please assist! Many thanks in advance! --------------...

how to set up an outlook 2000 filter rule. Help please
I'm using the outlook 2000 now is because I love the calenda and other functions. But I'm very frustrated that I couldn't set up a same junk mail filter rule as my outlook express. in my outlook express, I set a filter rule to move or incoming emails to a junk mail folder except the incoming emails are from certain domains or some individal account. This filter rule works perfect for me. Unfortunately, I was unable to set up a such rule in my outlook 2000. Any possbile help? thanks a lot! henry In news:1131133021.035942.279190@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, henry <henry.huil...

HELP: how do I convert a list of state codes to written states? Also..
I need an easy way in Excel 2002 to do the following: Convert KY ---> Kentucky and Convert a custom list say ABC ------> Alpha Beta Corp Easily within my spreadsheet. I can't stand doing this manually anymore. If you can help please post your response and I'll get notified by email. THANK YOU I AM VERY GRATEFUL -j ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I can help you with the states, here goes =VLOOKUP(A1,{"AL","...

Userform hide help
Hello, At a certain point in my code, I show a userform that has two command buttons. After the user pushes a button, I would like to keep the userform on the screen. The only way I have found to return execution back to the VBA code is to hide the userform. Is there a way to return execution back to the VBA without closing the userform window? Thanks. Only if you show the form as modeless. If you don't want to do that, and there may be good reasons why you only want to show the form as model, explain why you need code to revert to the routine that show'd the fo...

This formula needs help
have added information on my web page www.mykaltx.com to help. I got some great input from some of the other users. I appreciate all the help. The spreadsheet is now able to calculate the weight of steel beams pipe, angle channel and plate. What I need now is for it to calculate the weight of a trapezoid. Th spreadsheet will have to use the weight for plate. The kicker is i will have to calculate the weight for plate the top width the botto width and the length as well. If you have any ideas let me know. Also I am not that great at explaining myself. Let me know if I need t clarify. I ...

text / formula help #2
cannot get the following equation to work, is it wrong? only way to get to switch TRUE to FALSE, is to flip > to <; Changing the days in A4 having no effect. =IF(TODAY()>DATE(MID(C4,2,2),MID(C4,4,2),MID(C4,6,2)-$A$4),"yes","no") details: am trying to find a number within text, to do a calculation on it. Item is as: :060120 at the left of a cell, with text following. (need to treat as a date in another cell: to See if within future range of x days) A4 has: 5 B4 has: =TODAY() C4 has: :060122 D4 has: =DATE(MID(C4,2,2),MID(C4,4,2),MID(C4,6,2)-$A$...

Newsletter dilemma; Help
I am creating a newsletter in MS Publisher 2003 and I want to be able to insert it in an email so everyone can view it even if they don't have MS Publisher. Now here's the kicker. I also have urls/hotlinks I want to have accessed from the newsletter. I have tried converting it to an Acrobat 7.0 file but I am unable to convert it to something user friendly that I can insert into the email body so people can just click links and off they go. Any suggestions? Thanx JAS Hi Johnathon Aaron Steel (slush@slush.ca), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am creating a newsletter in MS Publ...

need help using "RANDBETWEEN" in excel
In using this function, I'm entering values as decimals (ie, I'm looking for a random number between 1.35 and 1.65. When I do this I get a result of 2. That's obviously not a number between 1.35 and 1.65. What am I doing wrong? =RANDBETWEEN(135,165)/100 "glenn" wrote: > In using this function, I'm entering values as decimals (ie, I'm looking for > a random number between 1.35 and 1.65. When I do this I get a result of 2. > That's obviously not a number between 1.35 and 1.65. What am I doing wrong? "glenn" <glenndpric...

Help with outlook #3
I'm using outlook 2003, I want to be able to bring in my old contacts for express, but my problem is that I saved the file as a .wab file, Is there a way that I can open this file so that I can get my contact? Thank you for your help The windows address book can work with the wab. Once you get the wab imported in the windows address book, you can export to a csv file or use the import/export engine in Outlook to bring the entries over. "Doug Choptiany" <dmchoptiany@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:BE4A78D6.24202%dmchoptiany@shaw.ca... > I'm using outlook 200...

Please help me with this customer 2 stores 1 in Usa and other outside
My customer has 2 stores 1 in USA and other in latin america he sale the same products but in latin america he use differnt tax rate and differnt currency and also the cost is more expensive becouse freight and dutties also in latin america the pos must run in spanish, the old rms support spanish but new version 1.3 not. ...

How to save formulas while copying worksheet?
I'm trying to copy a worksheet i created as a template as a new worksheet in another workbook without having my formulas change in the process. I have tried all the pasting options and all the formulas get change from ex.: =Material!A4 to ='[Template.xls]Material'!A4 In other words, reference to the template file are added to the formulas but i don't want that... i just want the copy the original formulas as they appear in the template. Any way of doing this or will i have to copy and paste and then edit all the affected formulas to remove any reference to the template file?...

HELP, Queue filled with relay spam
Is there a way to purge all mail that is currently in the SMTP Queue in Exchange 2003? I'm trying to browse the queue but there is so much spam that is relaying off my server that it is essentially shutting down my server. Can this be done from the command prompt? Stop smtp svc. Go to \mailroot\vsi 1\queue Del *.eml Once you're done, make sure 1) you're not an open relay 2) implement recipient filtering - do not receive mail for recipients that do not exist in AD - along with STMP tarpitting 3) can also implement connection filtering to block specific IP addresses 4) sender...

Help with AutoFilter using VBA
Folks, I am completely new to the whole Excel macro/VBA world, though I am pretty spiffy when in comes to Excel. By using lots of Google, I have put together the VBA macro below that actually does work. However, I would like to add code so that the AutoFilter custom parameters are set by default to: Custom, Is Greater Than, 0. How can I accomplish this within this code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("C7"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.E...

Excel 2007 error msg when saving
In Excel 2007, when saving a file, we get the following message... "Errors were detected while saving FILENAME. Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features" If we click continue, it gives us the file selection screen to "save as" Press enter, and we get "The file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" If click "yes", the next message is "No errors were detected in FILENAME. No repairs were necessary" Click OK and it saves the file. I have searched newsgroups, but only find references to Tr...

My Product #GC670AA is not accepted as valid, Help!
My new HP Pavillion a6120n has Product # GC670AA, Serial # MXF733OHLF. When I enter that Product #, I receive a reply repeatly that it is not a valid # , and wants a 20 or 25 digit #. I can't get into my "documents", Help! On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:04:01 -0700, K. W. Craig <K. W. Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My new HP Pavillion a6120n has Product # GC670AA, Serial # MXF733OHLF. When I >enter that Product #, I receive a reply repeatly that it is not a valid # , >and wants a 20 or 25 digit #. I can't get into my "documents", Help! ...

Help
I need to know how to create a vbscript using notepad ++ that will do the following: · Prompt the user for a folder name & a file name · If the folder does not exist, create the folder & the file. Let the user know that the folder & the file have been created. · If the folder does exist but the file does not, create the file. Let the user know the file has been created. · If the both the folder & the file exist, print the following info about the file: when the file was created, when the file was accessed la...

Macro Help 03-15-10
I am very new to Macro's but am hoping you can simplify your response I have a sheet that contains certain data types in specific columns For example Column A = Date B= Name C=Description D=Cheque# E= Account # (Debits) F = Debit amount G = Account # (Credits) H= Credit Amount I need to write a Marco that will look at this source sheet row by row and transfer the information to a different sheet with predefined columns Results Sheet Column D = Account# (from Columns E and G above) Column E = Amount (from columns F and H above (Note: Debits are positive, bu...

Question about forgetting the saved password in Outlook 2003
Hi all, Did a quick check on Google before I posted here, couldn't find my answer. I'm not an Outlook user and am trying to help someone out with an issue. Recently, a client of mine changed their DSL account password so now when they try to send / receive with Outlook they can't because the password has changed. Where do you go to forget or change the password in Outlook 2003 (SP3)? - Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) >Did a quick check on Google before I posted here, couldn't find my >answer. I'm not an Outlook user and am trying to help someone out with >an issue. Rece...

How to activate compiled HTML Help file using VBA code?
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to activate compiled HTML help file (*.chm) using VBA code in Excel? Or better yet, how to open a help file by clicking an added custom toolbar? I'm hoping that users of my Excel applications can access to the help files by clicking an added custom toolbar. I tried the shell command like the following, neither worked: program="c:\myapplication.chm" taskid=shell(program,1) helpfile="c:\myapplication.chm" shell("start" & helpfile) THANKS A LOT! Charles, Do it like this: Application.Help("c:\myapplication.chm") St...

Averaging specific rows
Hi. My original post was several weeks ago and I’ve received a lot of help but I’m not quite there. Below is my original post. I’ve also posted the code I’m working with now. This works great with two exceptions. First, it seems to be averaging the top seven results after the sort. I need to skip the first result and only average lines 2-7 of every sector after the sort. So it's only averaging 6 rows per sector, not including the first row. I hope that makes sense. Secondly, I need the code to create “Sheet2” because there isn’t one in the file to begin with. Any sugge...

Help with Validation
I know it's doable with the validation function. I wont that the total of column D should not be able to be more the 100. what do I have to enter in the validation function -- shlom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shlomo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=34556 I don't think I'd use data|validation. I'd use a cell in a prominent spot. =if(sum(d:d)>100,"Error in Column D--cannot exceed 100","") ...

Help with Multiple Worksheet Setup
I have created a new workbook with 2 worksheets in Excel 2002. There is some text on both worksheets. Now I select both tabs, Sheet 1 and Sheet 2. I want to setup all worksheets to print 2 copies. With both tabs selected I go to Page Setup | Sheet | Options | Advanced | and change Copy Count to 2, non collated. Now when I go to File | Print I would expect to see 2 copies for both pages. For some reason it is not working. I see 2 copies for the last worksheet that I selected but only 1 copy for the other worksheet. Is this not the correct procedure or is there a problem with my Excel? ...

Urgent help needed.
I just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. I was able to send and recieve mail from internal recepiants. I also was able to recieve mail from @deltaprocess.com addresses. I was not able to recieve mail from @deltaenvironmental.com addresses. I looked at my IIS and noticed that there were no SMTP virtual servers. I checked under add/remove programs and it showed them as being installed. I then removed ASP.net and IIS. next i reinstalled each of these. Now I can not send or recieve mail at all. The mail leaves the outbox but dosn't get delivered. What can I do? Please help. You need to re-...

HELP Rebuilding Failed Exchange Server
We are attempting to rebuild our failed exchange 2003 sp2 server. We have a system state backup and an exchange backup using NTBackup. We installed to OS, then we restored the system state, and the machine fails to boot. It loads ntkernal and then reboots or hangs. Can we somehow recover from not having the system state? Can we install Windows2003R2, patch the systm, harden the system, install Exchange 2003 in recovery mode, restore exchange data from backup, and THEN WHAT? Any assistance, GREATLY appreciated. Doug Evans IT Manager Association of Washington Cities www.awcnet.org ...

HELP TABLES!!
I am not quite sure what I did but, I was had already started a table and had some data in it, when we had to change the table, so I did and now it is linking the items that we added to every form and not letting me choose wheather they need to be entered or not. WHAT DO I DO????? On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 08:40:03 -0700, cstepp <cstepp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am not quite sure what I did but, I was had already started a table and had >some data in it, when we had to change the table, so I did and now it is >linking the items that we added to every form and not let...