Help correcting capitilization in worksheet that is entirely caps!

Someone please help! I am not a very good excel user by far and I have been
trying all day to fix a worksheet that has over 3000 lines.  The text cells
are all written in caps, I need to fix it to where they are properly
capitilized.  I would even rather them be all lower case than upper. I don't
know how to change it, I tried the formula in help but I cant figure it out.
Please help if you know how to change it, I don't want to have to retype the
entire sheet.

I did find a thread on macros, but have no idea how to do that either. So
here I am the dummy. Can anyone help?
0
wranglerred

If your input is in column A, say A1:A3000, then in cell b1 enter the formula
=proper(A1).  Autofill that formula through the entire column.  If that looks
okay, you can than select column B, Edit > Copy, select column A and Edit >
Paste Special, select Values and click OK.  Then clear column B.
(To paraphrase another frequent poster, please backup your file before
making significant changes!).
--Bruce

"wranglerred" wrote:

> Someone please help! I am not a very good excel user by far and I have been
> trying all day to fix a worksheet that has over 3000 lines.  The text cells
> are all written in caps, I need to fix it to where they are properly
> capitilized.  I would even rather them be all lower case than upper. I don't
> know how to change it, I tried the formula in help but I cant figure it out.
> Please help if you know how to change it, I don't want to have to retype the
> entire sheet.
>
> I did find a thread on macros, but have no idea how to do that either. So
> here I am the dummy. Can anyone help?

See

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm

In article <5a59558874473@uwe>, "wranglerred" <u17646@uwe> wrote:

> Someone please help! I am not a very good excel user by far and I have been
> trying all day to fix a worksheet that has over 3000 lines.  The text cells
> are all written in caps, I need to fix it to where they are properly
> capitilized.  I would even rather them be all lower case than upper. I don't
> know how to change it, I tried the formula in help but I cant figure it out.
> Please help if you know how to change it, I don't want to have to retype the
> entire sheet.
>
> I did find a thread on macros, but have no idea how to do that either. So
> here I am the dummy. Can anyone help?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Help with Annoyances
I have two annoyances that I can't seem to get rid of in Outlook 2003: 1. Locking the toolbars; the Standard and Menu toolbars alwys move around; I'd like to "lock" them in place; is there anywhere to do this? 2. Custom toolbar removal; everytime i start Outlook 2003, the PDFMaker custom toolbar appears; when I Customize => select the toolbar, Delete, it works for the session only and next time I start Outlook it reappers; how do I get rid of this? Any assistance greatly appreciated! smoovee <smoovee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have two annoyanc...

can you make one worksheet update another
I have two similar worksheets within the same workbook. One sheet is sorted by name and the other sheet is sorted by a date for a speicfic name. Is there a way to change the date on the sheet, sorted by name, and that will automatically find the name on the other sheet(sorted by date) and change the date to the second sheet? Jaime, The normal way is to have one table, and sort it as needed when needed. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Jaime S." <Jaime S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Help with this thing

Deleting "hidden" charts on a worksheet
Hi everyone, I've been playing around w/ a worksheet that contains data and charts, inserting and removing multiple rows at a time. Unfortunately, I did not change the properties of the charts and they were all set to "Move and Size w/ Cells". When I deleted a series of rows, these charts disappeared and left a line across the spreadsheet where they used to be. I've tried everything to get rid of them (because they are now calculating incorrectly and giving me error messages), including deleting the rows where they appear, trying to select them on the sheet, but nothing w...

Bug in Visual Studio 2005 Listview object. Help!
I've found an obvious bug in VS2005 (VB.NET), in the Listview object. I desperately need a fix. To duplicate do the following: 1. Create a new Visual Basic Windows Application. 2. Add a Listview object and Textbox object to the Form. 3. Add a column to the Listview Column collection. 4. Set the Listview View property to Details. 5. Set the Listview FullRowSelect property to True. 6. Add the following code to the Form: Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load ListView1.Items.Add("aaa...

Help! Sharing Calendars
My boss and I both use Outlook 2000. She recently got a handheld computer, but does not have a USB connection on her PC. She wants me to access her calendar through network neighborhood and synchronize. How do I do this? ...

Help With Worksheet Operations
Is there any way in vba code to reproduce the same functionality in Excel as pressing Ctrl+right and/or Ctrl+down? I need a quick way to move to the last column and the last row on a spreadsheet. Also, is there a quick way to convert the worksheet to a string array or anything else (maybe a dataset)? Try Some Like this Sub MovetoEndDown() Range("A1").End(xlDown).Activate '(xlToRight) in case you want to move to the right. End Sub or Sub MoveDownPlus1Row() Dim NextRow As Variant NextRow = Range("A20000").End(xlUp).Row + 1 Cells(NextRow, 1).Activate End Sub Hope thi...

Error that prevents Copy Worksheet to another Tab
When I try to copy a worksheet as another tab in the same file or to another excel file, I get the error listed below. I can move the worksheet, I just can not copy it. Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file ‘C:\DOCUME~1\JEFFRE~1.JEF|LOCALS~1\TEMP”. There are several possible reasons: • The file name or path does not exist. • The file is being used by another program. • The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook. Bullet point one has not meaning since at this point I am not trying to open a file. The program has not problem opening fi...

Free & Busy Data messed up.. Plz Help!!
We have exchange v5.5. Recently one of the exchange admins was in the public folders messing around with permissions. He said he didn't change anything but something had to have changed because now all free and busy data, public address book, tasks, notes, etc are not accessible to new users. Any time we create a new email account they can't view there calendar (says it doesn't exist), nothing shows up in the global address list. Anytime they receive an email to accept a meeting it says unable to open item. I've done the usual things like reset the server. I loo...

help! Excel 2003 opens every doc on machine!
as soon as I start it, it starts opening every single file (even non-Excel files) & recursing directories. I have to kill it in the taskMgr or it will crash the machine. I can only start Excel in safe mode (with /s). How do I stop this? I have no idea how it started. the machine has current corporate AV/anti-malware. thanks let me add when starting in. safe mode, i get this: "Excel has detected that you have recovered files. These files will be opened the next time you starft Excel in normal mode." Try this first Tools>Options On the General tab you see &quo...

Saving & Opening excel file & worksheet with Visual C++
I writing a sw application with Visual C++ to read/write data to excel file. I have found an example @ the MSDN on how to create a new excel file (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;308407&spid=2990&sid=620) using automation method. My question is how do I save/open an excel file using automation method. Thanks, WL ...

Help with a simple query
Hi guys and gals, Can anyone help me with this query? I am having some issues with pulling in all names even though (it appears) I have the join correct. SELECT tblEmployee.EmpRptID, tblEmployee.UserName, Sum(tmpReports.NumOfSets) AS SumOfNumOfSets FROM tblEmployee LEFT JOIN tmpReports ON tblEmployee.UserName = tmpReports.UserName WHERE (((tblEmployee.IsCQATech)=True) AND ((tmpReports.CompleteDate) Between #2/8/2010# And #2/12/2010#)) GROUP BY tblEmployee.EmpRptID, tblEmployee.UserName; What am I doing wrong? You have defeated the left join by applying criteria to the right s...

Install the correction patch from the Microsoft Corp.
--xslhigmqgpyd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ojnjjhsfmxlpbrc"; type="multipart/alternative" --ojnjjhsfmxlpbrc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fcabjchzl" --fcabjchzl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maint...

Worksheets stutas meaning
Hi All, Does any body have a translation for the Worksheets stutas:- Compelet with error (Red worksheet) Compelet with warning (Pink Worksheet) some times the worksheet comeleted at store and the other gives error or warning, in case of transfers Worsheets, a store issue out the Qtys and the other store does not receive the transfer on the system, and gives in the HQ error or warning. Is there any other idea to aviod perform that transfer again? What those are mean, when error or warning happens, and why? I hope Microsoft add a decriptive error or wraning to let the user know what hap...

Where's my Help gone?
I use Excel Help frequently Earlier today it was OK but later, I tried and the "Contents and Index" in the Help Menu is greyed out. What have I done? How can I get access to Help Contents and Index? Any thoughts greatly appreciated Philip I don't see menus in the HELP panel of my Excel 2000, rather I see them as tabs not as menus.. Possibly you have an entry or an unanswered dialog box of some kind in Excel that needs attention. The main problem I have experienced with HELP is that the tabs don't show in help which can be expanded by clicking on the leftmost icon on ...

WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP
i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with lowered settings. DSL is not the problem I don't think. I can send out via an alternate gmail pop account and in Outlook Express. This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours of use of my computer. I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox. I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can send email. I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is resear...

Urgent help: log issue
Hi all, windows 2003/exchange 2003 Sp2 Due to log space that is almost full, I use the eseutil /mk to check the checkpoint and moved some log files that are safe to move. Now, the log files are not trucated when we do a full backup. How should I fix this problem? Thank you. On Sat, 1 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, ed <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >windows 2003/exchange 2003 Sp2 > >Due to log space that is almost full, I use the eseutil /mk to check the >checkpoint and moved some log files that are safe to move. Now, the log ...

Need to retrieve a previous version of an excel worksheet
Help! I've been working on an excel sheet for a few hours and as I was entering a formula, I rec'd an error message that stated that Excel would be closed down. Now when I open the document it is the old version (before the hours of work). Is there a way to retrieve the most recent version? No, if you didn't save it, it disappeared when Excel disappeared. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "NancyDrew" <NancyDrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98F82775-EF72-4A2D-B9F6-4537D31CB327@microsoft.com... > He...

Array Formula Help -IF / Else clause?
Hi, I'm just getting to grips with Array formulae, and one of the formula I use most frequently is to count combinations of values over two arrays: For example: =SUM(IF(A1:A100="Ford",IF(B1:B100="Focus"1,0))) To give a count of all the Ford Focus in a 2 column list/array (Make & Model in columns A and B respectively) I understand how it works. Creates (and sums) an array of 1s for every combination where there is Ford & Focus. But what I don't understand is how the second IF fits in. Isn't the second IF basically the ELSE clause of the first IF...

copying worksheet problem
I get the warning--No more new fonts maybe added to this workbook--when I make a copy of a worksheet that contains graphs. It is not a large file. And when the new worksheet appears--some the fonts are much larger. Any ideas? Check out this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "mel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d8e401c394c2$b23cef50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I get the warning--No more n...

Validation List (please help)
I need some step by step help. I have a workbook with three sheets. What I need is to type a customer name and ID# in cell G3 on Sheet1. I would like for this info to go to Sheet 3 cell A1. At cell G3 on sheet 1 I need a dropdown that will allow me to see all of the previous entries so I can select them when the same customer returns. (I would prefer to do this using a combobox from the forms list if I could so that I could make it fit without having to adjust the actual size of the entire column.) I also need for this list to be sorted alphabetically after each new entry is made. I foun...

Activate method of Worksheet class fails in Excel 2000
I'm having trouble getting a distributed macro to work on a few machines. The macro fails on the first line which reads: Worksheet(1).Activate I've also tried using the Sheets collection, but still the same error. The computers in question run the following versions of excel: Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) Excel 2000 (9.0.2720) I thought it might be a versioning issue (I developed the macro in Excel 2002), but one other instance of Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) runs the macro fine. Does anyone know if something would block the Activate method in Excel? The wor...

please help with VBA for IM
Hello: I'm trying to use VB script here in Integration Manager 10.0 that pulls the lot number expiration date into my Inventory Transactions integration. I'm having an issue with the line that establishes my connection to the server. At first, it was giving me the "Datasource name not found" error. So, I put in the name of the server box. Now, it is giving me a "type mismatch" error. Below is my "After Document" VB code. Any help would be appreciated! 'Create a new connection Dim pConnection Set pConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connec...

Paginating an entire workbook, not just a worksheet
How do you set up Excel to print consecutive page numbers when printing an entire workbook? I can only find instructions per worksheet. Thank you! Group (Select) you sheets Arlene Right click on a sheet tab and choose Select all Then it will do what you want Don't forget to ungroup -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Arlene" <arlenemthompson@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:137c01c381e6$022adad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up Excel to print consecutive page numbers > when printing an entire workbook? I can o...

Excel Chart colors help
How do I create the faded color effect like the tornado chart example in this link: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html It's the orange and purple chart and the bottom of the page Thanks, Paula -- paulabrozek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paulabrozek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=552751 Hi, Double click one of the sets of bars. On the Pattern tab of the format dialog click Fill Effects. On the Gradi...